Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | sleepwalking or sleeptalking stories?
1 2
I've never sleep-talked nor sleepwalked, but my sister has definitely sleep-talked and (due to meds) sleep bought something.
I've never sleep-talked nor sleepwalked, but my sister has definitely sleep-talked and (due to meds) sleep bought something.
|Ello I'm Awoken, She/her, FR+8, I am a bunch of lizards in a coat, Profile dragon|
WyB8X7e.jpg
i had a singular remarkable sleepwalking moment when i was like 9 years old and my mother saw my bedroom light on at like 2 or 3 am in the morning and opened the door to see me sleep reading a magazine upside down standing in the middle of my room. creepy kid thingz
i had a singular remarkable sleepwalking moment when i was like 9 years old and my mother saw my bedroom light on at like 2 or 3 am in the morning and opened the door to see me sleep reading a magazine upside down standing in the middle of my room. creepy kid thingz
Pgkz9Y7.png

he / him - +17 fr time - g1 collector
I scared my poor grandma by hollering in my sleep once, but after I woke up and we figured out what was going on, we were both able to laugh about it

My grandparents have a small vacation house about 6 hours from where we live, and even though it technically has two bedrooms, they're not really well separated. If you go upstairs, you immediately enter the 1st bedroom, and then the 2nd is somewhat obscured by a wall, but the door frame is empty. This makes it so that it's unfortunately very easy for someone in one room to hear someone in the other.

Luckily for my gram, I kinda gave her a warning regarding how much I talk in my sleep by asking if she'd heard anything over the last few nights. It's not uncommon at all for me to dream about singing something, then wake myself up very badly singing it irl, so I brought this up. She said she hadn't heard anything, however this would very soon change.

That night, grandma was in the 2nd bedroom with her dog, and I was in the 1st. I was having a dream that one of my friends and I had been pulled over and taken into custody by a cop who thought we had done something very illegal, and was trying to get us to confess to the crime (neither of us had done it). A bit later in the dream, another cop entered the interrogation room and was like "Uuuhh, you know we picked up the actual guy who did this, right? Why do you have these two here, their car didn't even match the description of the guy's vehicle." to which I started shouting colorful words at the cop who had been berating us in my dream. I guess I was so heated that I started shouting those same words irl, which prompted a bit of a chain reaction. I shouted in an extremely harsh voice, which scared my grandma's dog out of his sleep and sent him into high alert, causing him to bark viciously.

Poor grandma then woke up and thought that there was some kind of intruder since the only context she had was that I was cursing loudly and clearly yelling at someone, and the dog was barking. I fell silent and she shushed the dog, and apparently she was going to get up and ask my what I had been yelling about, then remembered what I had said earlier about talking in my sleep, and decided to just go back to sleep herself. When we were both awake in the morning, she brought up what she had heard and asked about it, and I explained the dream I'd been having.

She luckily thought it was really funny (she knows the friend who had been taken into custody with me in the dream) and thought the premise was so absurd she couldn't help but laugh. I felt bad, but thought it was funny too, however I was sure to take some melatonin gummies for the rest of the trip since they tend to keep my sleep talking at a minimum.

TLDR: I was yelling at a cop in my sleep and caused my grandma to think there was a home intruder
I scared my poor grandma by hollering in my sleep once, but after I woke up and we figured out what was going on, we were both able to laugh about it

My grandparents have a small vacation house about 6 hours from where we live, and even though it technically has two bedrooms, they're not really well separated. If you go upstairs, you immediately enter the 1st bedroom, and then the 2nd is somewhat obscured by a wall, but the door frame is empty. This makes it so that it's unfortunately very easy for someone in one room to hear someone in the other.

Luckily for my gram, I kinda gave her a warning regarding how much I talk in my sleep by asking if she'd heard anything over the last few nights. It's not uncommon at all for me to dream about singing something, then wake myself up very badly singing it irl, so I brought this up. She said she hadn't heard anything, however this would very soon change.

That night, grandma was in the 2nd bedroom with her dog, and I was in the 1st. I was having a dream that one of my friends and I had been pulled over and taken into custody by a cop who thought we had done something very illegal, and was trying to get us to confess to the crime (neither of us had done it). A bit later in the dream, another cop entered the interrogation room and was like "Uuuhh, you know we picked up the actual guy who did this, right? Why do you have these two here, their car didn't even match the description of the guy's vehicle." to which I started shouting colorful words at the cop who had been berating us in my dream. I guess I was so heated that I started shouting those same words irl, which prompted a bit of a chain reaction. I shouted in an extremely harsh voice, which scared my grandma's dog out of his sleep and sent him into high alert, causing him to bark viciously.

Poor grandma then woke up and thought that there was some kind of intruder since the only context she had was that I was cursing loudly and clearly yelling at someone, and the dog was barking. I fell silent and she shushed the dog, and apparently she was going to get up and ask my what I had been yelling about, then remembered what I had said earlier about talking in my sleep, and decided to just go back to sleep herself. When we were both awake in the morning, she brought up what she had heard and asked about it, and I explained the dream I'd been having.

She luckily thought it was really funny (she knows the friend who had been taken into custody with me in the dream) and thought the premise was so absurd she couldn't help but laugh. I felt bad, but thought it was funny too, however I was sure to take some melatonin gummies for the rest of the trip since they tend to keep my sleep talking at a minimum.

TLDR: I was yelling at a cop in my sleep and caused my grandma to think there was a home intruder
when i was little, i started imagining a dream before i fell asleep, which made me start whispering the word "no" repeatedly until i fell asleep, i was completely unaware that it didn't end up stopping in my sleep

i could hear the word "no" repeatedly throughout the dream while it was occurring and then i woke up in the morning, blissfully unaware that anything happened yet. i went out of my room, going into the kitchen, where my mom was confused and asked me if i had a nightmare. i also got confused, asking her what she meant.

she started going on about how i was saying "no" loudly in my sleep throughout the night repeatedly but she knew i was sleeping, which ended up making me really embarrassed because i didn't think that was happening out loud

another time, i ended up waking up in the middle of trying to talk to someone in my dream, waking up mid-sentence of my sleep-talking, which surprised me aswell
when i was little, i started imagining a dream before i fell asleep, which made me start whispering the word "no" repeatedly until i fell asleep, i was completely unaware that it didn't end up stopping in my sleep

i could hear the word "no" repeatedly throughout the dream while it was occurring and then i woke up in the morning, blissfully unaware that anything happened yet. i went out of my room, going into the kitchen, where my mom was confused and asked me if i had a nightmare. i also got confused, asking her what she meant.

she started going on about how i was saying "no" loudly in my sleep throughout the night repeatedly but she knew i was sleeping, which ended up making me really embarrassed because i didn't think that was happening out loud

another time, i ended up waking up in the middle of trying to talk to someone in my dream, waking up mid-sentence of my sleep-talking, which surprised me aswell
y3CR4IN.png
I'm not a sleepwalker/sleeptalker, but my sister is. Sometimes when we go on vacation we'll have to share a room. It's gotten to the point where she could yell "Fire!" in the middle of the night and I wouldn't wake up. Once she sat straight up, lifted her pillow, and said "Spiders! I saw spiders!" to which I calmly replied "How could you see spiders underneath your own pillow?" That got her to pause and laugh it off.

Once, after my sister and her husband moved in together, she sprung up out of bed and ran full sprint into the wall. Then, after shaking off the daze of, you know, running into a wall, she turned around and started running for the opposite wall. Her husband had to tackle her like a football linebacker onto the bed to prevent her from hurting herself.

Then more recently, they were on a long planeride when my sister suddenly screamed, unbuckled her seatbelt and her husband's seatbelt, and tried to make a run for the exit. We just joked today that my sister's secretly possessed...
I'm not a sleepwalker/sleeptalker, but my sister is. Sometimes when we go on vacation we'll have to share a room. It's gotten to the point where she could yell "Fire!" in the middle of the night and I wouldn't wake up. Once she sat straight up, lifted her pillow, and said "Spiders! I saw spiders!" to which I calmly replied "How could you see spiders underneath your own pillow?" That got her to pause and laugh it off.

Once, after my sister and her husband moved in together, she sprung up out of bed and ran full sprint into the wall. Then, after shaking off the daze of, you know, running into a wall, she turned around and started running for the opposite wall. Her husband had to tackle her like a football linebacker onto the bed to prevent her from hurting herself.

Then more recently, they were on a long planeride when my sister suddenly screamed, unbuckled her seatbelt and her husband's seatbelt, and tried to make a run for the exit. We just joked today that my sister's secretly possessed...
the only time I recall sleeptalking was one time, when I was a child, I apparently loudly proclaimed...

"CLUB PENGUIN. THEY DO THAT THERE."
the only time I recall sleeptalking was one time, when I was a child, I apparently loudly proclaimed...

"CLUB PENGUIN. THEY DO THAT THERE."
68572896.png88337571.pnghe / him 110.png be kind pls87747951.png64198642.png
I used to sleep walk a lot when I was little, but I don't as much anymore. Now? I just fight demons in my sleep apparently

On multiple occasions I've woken up with my shirt missing- my pillow's across my room, sometimes all of my blankets are on the floor (I have a loft that has a rail so they're thrown off intentionally lol)

Recently tho I woke up and I have one of those large standing mirrors- yeah there was a blanket draped over it LMAO
I also have full conversations while I'm asleep?? I'll respond to people, sometimes have vague memory of it.
I used to sleep walk a lot when I was little, but I don't as much anymore. Now? I just fight demons in my sleep apparently

On multiple occasions I've woken up with my shirt missing- my pillow's across my room, sometimes all of my blankets are on the floor (I have a loft that has a rail so they're thrown off intentionally lol)

Recently tho I woke up and I have one of those large standing mirrors- yeah there was a blanket draped over it LMAO
I also have full conversations while I'm asleep?? I'll respond to people, sometimes have vague memory of it.
wrHGqA4.gif
Don't think I've sleepwalked or talked (that I know of)

But apparently once in her sleep my cousin was taking about tacos or something
Don't think I've sleepwalked or talked (that I know of)

But apparently once in her sleep my cousin was taking about tacos or something
LEpJMnn.png
J8QoPxT.png
CtM8cLF.png tqGkHih.png
5DjYECS.png
ya one time my bf fell asleep on me and started twitching and moving around in his sleep like the way dogs do

it was really cute but then he started punching? in his sleep?

so i jokingly guessed that he was boxing with a kangaroo

he wakes up about 10 minutes later (by this point a small crowd of our friends has gathered) and we ask him what he was dreaming about

"I fought a kangaroo"

I WAS RIGHT
ya one time my bf fell asleep on me and started twitching and moving around in his sleep like the way dogs do

it was really cute but then he started punching? in his sleep?

so i jokingly guessed that he was boxing with a kangaroo

he wakes up about 10 minutes later (by this point a small crowd of our friends has gathered) and we ask him what he was dreaming about

"I fought a kangaroo"

I WAS RIGHT
Quote:
"How my heart resonates! I'm pulsing with heat and life! My very blood is a symphony within me! SUNLIGHT YELLOW OVERDRIVE!"
- Jonathan Joestar
1 2