Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | hopes/predictions for next 2 ancients?
1 2 3 4
ok so
if my calculations are correct we just need the wind and light ancients
and i really really loved the dusthides! they managed to dodge all my "predictions" i had of a tyrannosaurid-like breed and im in love with what we got!! i dont have any yet bc i saved the eggs for my birthday, but TRUST ME theyre my favorite ancient rn!
and now i can't wait to find out what they do next! even more so, the winged serpent prediction was what i had originally thought theyd go with for the wind ancient, so now i'm not quite sure what to expect! /pos

i personally am curious to find out what they'll do with the light breed. light has grown on me a lot to the point i'm almost considering moving from water to light. so this is absolutely the one i'm the most hyped for.
if they are anything remotely angelic with them, i am SOLD. that's it! angelic, weird ten billion feathered wings and many eyes, is my wish for light, but whatever comes i'm sure they'll do a fantastic job! its just what comes to my brain when the words "light ancient" are pronounced around me.

and what of you, fellow flight rising user?

edit: just to be clear you're allowed to disagree w my expectations <3 i just wanna hear what's on your minds!
ok so
if my calculations are correct we just need the wind and light ancients
and i really really loved the dusthides! they managed to dodge all my "predictions" i had of a tyrannosaurid-like breed and im in love with what we got!! i dont have any yet bc i saved the eggs for my birthday, but TRUST ME theyre my favorite ancient rn!
and now i can't wait to find out what they do next! even more so, the winged serpent prediction was what i had originally thought theyd go with for the wind ancient, so now i'm not quite sure what to expect! /pos

i personally am curious to find out what they'll do with the light breed. light has grown on me a lot to the point i'm almost considering moving from water to light. so this is absolutely the one i'm the most hyped for.
if they are anything remotely angelic with them, i am SOLD. that's it! angelic, weird ten billion feathered wings and many eyes, is my wish for light, but whatever comes i'm sure they'll do a fantastic job! its just what comes to my brain when the words "light ancient" are pronounced around me.

and what of you, fellow flight rising user?

edit: just to be clear you're allowed to disagree w my expectations <3 i just wanna hear what's on your minds!
pdasZlz.gif NUfNwPR.gif
She/They|26|FR+9|
bYt72YT.png
LRdLP2V.png
You are not immune to pc-98 touhou lore
5ZQ89t4.pngRQklQI3.png
GYJVIhO.gif current pfp dragon: Meteion (FFXIV fandragon)
Looking for: 10/28/2020 hatchday G1
I do hope we get another fat dragon soon. Maybe one with a long snoot, too.

I don't really have any expectations for Light specifically, but for Wind, I hope the wings are HUGE.
I do hope we get another fat dragon soon. Maybe one with a long snoot, too.

I don't really have any expectations for Light specifically, but for Wind, I hope the wings are HUGE.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
I don't expect anything specific, otherwise I'd only set myself up for disappointment.

Instead, my only hopes are that I like whatever we get. XD
I don't expect anything specific, otherwise I'd only set myself up for disappointment.

Instead, my only hopes are that I like whatever we get. XD
shadow_banner.pngA shadowy dragon which is representative of Zenzic's persona. An original design.shadow_banner.png
Imagination is the reality of our dreamscape.
Head empty, no thoughts. Can’t be dismayed if I don’t have any hopes djdjdjjd

Ngl i feel like I mostly use breeds if I have a skin I like. So basically, I hope it’ll be cute/cool enough for artists to make skins for <3

Also I hope they aren’t gem genes. I just can’t cope with veilspuns and sandsurges being gem gene;w;

Add on: a multi winged biblically accurate Angel creature would be cool, or a chubby dragon. Tho I feel like every time I say, “I want a chubby dragon” it’s because I forget bogsneks are a thing. So like, chubbier than those. Absolute units. Heavy-set, T-Rex like heads and bodies like monitor lizards. Make the heads stupidly large compared to the rest of their bodies :triumph: I want something ridiculous! (Probs not gonna happen but if it does it’ll be cool)
Head empty, no thoughts. Can’t be dismayed if I don’t have any hopes djdjdjjd

Ngl i feel like I mostly use breeds if I have a skin I like. So basically, I hope it’ll be cute/cool enough for artists to make skins for <3

Also I hope they aren’t gem genes. I just can’t cope with veilspuns and sandsurges being gem gene;w;

Add on: a multi winged biblically accurate Angel creature would be cool, or a chubby dragon. Tho I feel like every time I say, “I want a chubby dragon” it’s because I forget bogsneks are a thing. So like, chubbier than those. Absolute units. Heavy-set, T-Rex like heads and bodies like monitor lizards. Make the heads stupidly large compared to the rest of their bodies :triumph: I want something ridiculous! (Probs not gonna happen but if it does it’ll be cool)
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
  • Nothing's new nothing's new...
I'd like one that's very avian in nature - give us a big ol' birb dragon with lots of feather fluff.

Also, echoing the earlier sentiment that I'd love to see another chubby breed.

Combine the two and give us Ragepuff breed
I'd like one that's very avian in nature - give us a big ol' birb dragon with lots of feather fluff.

Also, echoing the earlier sentiment that I'd love to see another chubby breed.

Combine the two and give us Ragepuff breed
SFixrnH.pngIeBhKII.png Tf2WhDq.pngnJ9aapY.png
Still going by my hopes that the Wind ancient will essentially be a living kite in appearance, and the Light ancient to be truly freaky.
Still going by my hopes that the Wind ancient will essentially be a living kite in appearance, and the Light ancient to be truly freaky.
Give a like if you think they're cool--->86520977.png93331792.png84977690.png
I want something that really breaks the mold with the lack of restrictions on them. Don't just hide an extra set of limbs behind some fluff (aethers), and don't make them blank slates that rely on their terts to look interesting (dusthides).

More than that though, I just want them to take their time. I don't want another ancient this year.
I want something that really breaks the mold with the lack of restrictions on them. Don't just hide an extra set of limbs behind some fluff (aethers), and don't make them blank slates that rely on their terts to look interesting (dusthides).

More than that though, I just want them to take their time. I don't want another ancient this year.
I'm still waiting for a proper 'drake' breed, aka a wingless dragon. I know Sandsurges are technically wingless but like. Their fins remind me of Gold Dragon wings in D&D. I want something that lacks a stand-in for wings. That would require something else to put the secondary on tho..... (I have seen suggestions of using a mane or shell to put the secondary on....that would be neat.)

Granted, neither of those really fit Light OR Wind, though something like the Windsinger in body shape would both be fun and fulfill my desire for a properly wingless breed....

(that being said I am very amused with the idea of basically a Ragepuff breed. I will wholeheartedly accept that too.)
I'm still waiting for a proper 'drake' breed, aka a wingless dragon. I know Sandsurges are technically wingless but like. Their fins remind me of Gold Dragon wings in D&D. I want something that lacks a stand-in for wings. That would require something else to put the secondary on tho..... (I have seen suggestions of using a mane or shell to put the secondary on....that would be neat.)

Granted, neither of those really fit Light OR Wind, though something like the Windsinger in body shape would both be fun and fulfill my desire for a properly wingless breed....

(that being said I am very amused with the idea of basically a Ragepuff breed. I will wholeheartedly accept that too.)
tumblr_inline_n6kdvfauea1qlye38.gif tumblr_oz1eo985NS1u402sco1_75sq.pngtumblr_oz3c1bde9P1u402sco3_75sq.pngtumblr_oz1dx60TjP1u402sco7_75sq.pngtumblr_inline_n6kdukB9pN1qlye38.gif
Formerly GembondFairy if you think you recognize me somehow
Happy to see someone else liking the dusthides as much as i did, roly poly lil guys for the win.

Going pure wishful thinking, even if its unlikely to happen? I think it be fun if the light ancient would be like a fire fly situation, so one who can actually make light with its body. Just a neat feature to give it liek how the dusthides can roll into a ball, and while it doesnt mean their sprite will glow, it be intresting to see how they'd go about implying its lightness. Like a flying lantern thats basically what I want.
Happy to see someone else liking the dusthides as much as i did, roly poly lil guys for the win.

Going pure wishful thinking, even if its unlikely to happen? I think it be fun if the light ancient would be like a fire fly situation, so one who can actually make light with its body. Just a neat feature to give it liek how the dusthides can roll into a ball, and while it doesnt mean their sprite will glow, it be intresting to see how they'd go about implying its lightness. Like a flying lantern thats basically what I want.
jJhmri0.pngnBLoI8v.pngBolw6Se.png
My personal hope is that they look like dragons. Keep the weird things for round 2 of ancients, or non-elemental ancients. Dinosaur-ish is okay, but I'd rather my flight's ancient breed not look like a vehicle or a biblically-accurate angel... call me conservative if you will, other flights had more "standard" creatures. Ideally, I'd love to see actual medieval european dragons! And hey, there is plenty of space for funky and weird interpretation there: [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/d/d8/Friedrich-Johann-Justin-Bertuch_Mythical-Creature-Dragon_1806.jpg[/img] [img]https://d3vjn2zm46gms2.cloudfront.net/blogs/2018/05/01152840/dragonwide.jpg[/img] Or, hear me out... [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/flightrising/images/c/ca/Swiftwing_rejects_ratings_dragon_adults.jpg[/img]
My personal hope is that they look like dragons. Keep the weird things for round 2 of ancients, or non-elemental ancients. Dinosaur-ish is okay, but I'd rather my flight's ancient breed not look like a vehicle or a biblically-accurate angel... call me conservative if you will, other flights had more "standard" creatures.

Ideally, I'd love to see actual medieval european dragons! And hey, there is plenty of space for funky and weird interpretation there:
Friedrich-Johann-Justin-Bertuch_Mythical-Creature-Dragon_1806.jpg dragonwide.jpg

Or, hear me out...
Swiftwing_rejects_ratings_dragon_adults.jpg
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
1 2 3 4