Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Considering moving flights
Heya! bit of a scrambled question.

I've been in the Earth Flight for six or so years. I bounced back from a big hiatus a few years back, but I'm a pretty casual player.
I adore Earth flight, but kind of want some change without being too overwhelmed? A lot of the dominance stuff is great, but i get pretty overwhelmed by it. And maybe a trip to a different flight may give me a fresh start?

I was considering Light flight or Maybe even fire, purely off just liking the aesthetic of it all, but am not the most sure on it. Dominance isn't a huge deal for me, but I don't mind grinding and levelling/exalting dragons in the coliseum occasionally.

Has anyone moved from Earth to elsewhere? was it worth it?
And, what things should I even consider when moving flights? Is there a Moving-Flights-for-Dummies checklist?

Thanks!
Heya! bit of a scrambled question.

I've been in the Earth Flight for six or so years. I bounced back from a big hiatus a few years back, but I'm a pretty casual player.
I adore Earth flight, but kind of want some change without being too overwhelmed? A lot of the dominance stuff is great, but i get pretty overwhelmed by it. And maybe a trip to a different flight may give me a fresh start?

I was considering Light flight or Maybe even fire, purely off just liking the aesthetic of it all, but am not the most sure on it. Dominance isn't a huge deal for me, but I don't mind grinding and levelling/exalting dragons in the coliseum occasionally.

Has anyone moved from Earth to elsewhere? was it worth it?
And, what things should I even consider when moving flights? Is there a Moving-Flights-for-Dummies checklist?

Thanks!
I honestly care so little for dominnce I don't even know how it's going in Arcane and I've been here my whole FR stay lol but for what I glimpsed I think Arcane regarding dominance is pretty relaxed (not in a derogatory way), but tbf I think I never even clicked in the dominance forum part of Arcane (sorry fellow arcanites lol)

I think you should go to wherever you think would make your play more enjoyable, regardless of dominance, if you don't care about it just ignore this part completely, like I do lol
I honestly care so little for dominnce I don't even know how it's going in Arcane and I've been here my whole FR stay lol but for what I glimpsed I think Arcane regarding dominance is pretty relaxed (not in a derogatory way), but tbf I think I never even clicked in the dominance forum part of Arcane (sorry fellow arcanites lol)

I think you should go to wherever you think would make your play more enjoyable, regardless of dominance, if you don't care about it just ignore this part completely, like I do lol
SIG-02.png
If you're looking for more casual dom involvement, Fire's a great place for it; we're definitely not the powerhouse Earth is, and the team is very conscious about not overextending itself or the flight trying to be big and flashy. Any little bit of participation is helpful As far as things to consider, my personal considerations when planning my future swap to Earth were: [list][*] What are the lair banners like, because you'll be seeing those a [i]lot[/i] [*] Flight size, especially if you're planning to socialize and doubly so for joining a flight discord. I imagine it's a very different experience in a tiny flight where you can know every active member by name vs a bigger flight that sees a lot of new members. I [i]think[/i] Light is right in the middle, or the lower end of big, but don't remember exactly. Fire is the second-smallest behind Earth [*] What's the generic aesthetic like. I would describe Fire's look as being... not quite [i]similar[/i], but maybe [i]related to[/i] Earth's, considering the volcanoes and such, while Light's is quite different unless you focus on the ruins and archaeology aspects. That difference might be preferable! Or it might not. Related: how much do you like the assigned color palette, because your opinion of orange tones, for example, will heavily affect how much you enjoy Fire's dom events lol [*] Things like eye colors and flight lore may or may not apply, though as above, the official stuff Will factor into dom events[/list]
If you're looking for more casual dom involvement, Fire's a great place for it; we're definitely not the powerhouse Earth is, and the team is very conscious about not overextending itself or the flight trying to be big and flashy. Any little bit of participation is helpful

As far as things to consider, my personal considerations when planning my future swap to Earth were:
  • What are the lair banners like, because you'll be seeing those a lot
  • Flight size, especially if you're planning to socialize and doubly so for joining a flight discord. I imagine it's a very different experience in a tiny flight where you can know every active member by name vs a bigger flight that sees a lot of new members. I think Light is right in the middle, or the lower end of big, but don't remember exactly. Fire is the second-smallest behind Earth
  • What's the generic aesthetic like. I would describe Fire's look as being... not quite similar, but maybe related to Earth's, considering the volcanoes and such, while Light's is quite different unless you focus on the ruins and archaeology aspects. That difference might be preferable! Or it might not. Related: how much do you like the assigned color palette, because your opinion of orange tones, for example, will heavily affect how much you enjoy Fire's dom events lol
  • Things like eye colors and flight lore may or may not apply, though as above, the official stuff Will factor into dom events
6mVFIuV.png
QetF0Qf.png
4xqaZpf.png
bYt72YT.png
BzjAkuF.png
5hF3FGk.png
rihYiKd.png
YMPbu9R.png