Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | A vendor [OPEN]
1 2 3 4 5 6
(@Silvergoldfish, u are so right!)

Sira glanced back angrily at the hitch-hiking brothers, only releasing Morpho and Cinnabar once she was sure that they were over their shock. Turning suddenly, she yanked her tail from the offending claws, scowling all the while.
“Look, I don’t know what you’re up to, but it’s no good,” She growled. “I will allow you to travel with us until you are able to-“ the boulder, teetering on the edge of a cleft, crashed down with a resonant in BOOM, sending out a spiderweb of cracks.
“No funny business.” She spat, then turned, joining the others, keeping her tail well out of reach.
(@Silvergoldfish, u are so right!)

Sira glanced back angrily at the hitch-hiking brothers, only releasing Morpho and Cinnabar once she was sure that they were over their shock. Turning suddenly, she yanked her tail from the offending claws, scowling all the while.
“Look, I don’t know what you’re up to, but it’s no good,” She growled. “I will allow you to travel with us until you are able to-“ the boulder, teetering on the edge of a cleft, crashed down with a resonant in BOOM, sending out a spiderweb of cracks.
“No funny business.” She spat, then turned, joining the others, keeping her tail well out of reach.
7zcCDc4.png
Morpho looked down at the disastrous state of the ground far beneath them and shuddered softly, while Cinnabar diligently avoided glancing downward.

"When... Do you think it will be safe to land again?" the indigo Coatl asked softly, glancing over at his sister and the Aberration with a touch of concern-- neither, it seemed, could fly for extended periods of time.
Morpho looked down at the disastrous state of the ground far beneath them and shuddered softly, while Cinnabar diligently avoided glancing downward.

"When... Do you think it will be safe to land again?" the indigo Coatl asked softly, glancing over at his sister and the Aberration with a touch of concern-- neither, it seemed, could fly for extended periods of time.
Looking for art? Check out my shop! (Viewable on profile page)
k2NYXJG.png
LcVpTeR.png
c84a94c.png
Q505w0x.png
GAn3R3A.png
kWi52BS.png
7jtotAK.png
ScixjTN.png
q4SQrDe.png
z9pOPLP.png
LmcdWsF.png
1NNLvSZ.png
iH91ung.png
wJySv8z.png
JgMsK4Y.png
Still scowling slightly, but with a more subdued tone, Sira came astride with the siblings. “Maybe, but it depends on whether or not Earthshaker is really going to come fully awake. But if we can, we should stop by the Dusk Sanctum for some supplies. We can bounce from marker to marker, making our way southwest. Maybe we can find more dragons who need help.” She said the latter quieter, glancing back over her shoulder to make sure that the Abberation didn’t hear. She reached back into her pouch once more, removing a well-used and patched-together map.
“Here, look. We’ll go from here, the Trading Post, to the Dusk Sanctum, then the Forum of the Crescent, Thorndark Altar, but after Sunportal, we’ll have a particularly long flight to Reedcleft Ascent. And after that, Cloudsong.” She cast a faint smile in the direction of Morpho, an attempt to reassure him.
Still scowling slightly, but with a more subdued tone, Sira came astride with the siblings. “Maybe, but it depends on whether or not Earthshaker is really going to come fully awake. But if we can, we should stop by the Dusk Sanctum for some supplies. We can bounce from marker to marker, making our way southwest. Maybe we can find more dragons who need help.” She said the latter quieter, glancing back over her shoulder to make sure that the Abberation didn’t hear. She reached back into her pouch once more, removing a well-used and patched-together map.
“Here, look. We’ll go from here, the Trading Post, to the Dusk Sanctum, then the Forum of the Crescent, Thorndark Altar, but after Sunportal, we’ll have a particularly long flight to Reedcleft Ascent. And after that, Cloudsong.” She cast a faint smile in the direction of Morpho, an attempt to reassure him.
7zcCDc4.png
A little ways back the brothers were fluttering upward and gliding down, trying to keep up with the group and make up some flight momentum. Although it couldn’t be seen from an outside dragon both Pyro and Manic could already feel the strain of physical exertment on their shared body. Making sure they were out of earshot from the main group they murmured and whispered amongst themselves.

“Hey, Hey Waste Water” Manic poked at Pyro. “What do you want Street Trash?”
“Should we just cut loose now? We don’t even know if they have a plan in place, and you know that merchant tent back there’s gotta be destroyed, no reason for us to stick around.” After a small sigh and glance up at the flying dragons ahead Pyro murmured back. “Where would we even go bird brain? Miss shadow muck would never let us live in her domain again after that incident and we have a even lesser chance with the Boss man” “It’s not MY fault YOU fell asleep on that last shift” “Shut up that’s not the point……” Pyro growled, after a moment of silence and tense flight Pyro glanced back at Manic. “The point is, they are flying, so they must have some destination in mind and remember they have yet to try and drive us away, we might as well take advantage of the situation while we can”

The two fly quietly along each to their own thoughts for the moment, Manic gazed down at the broken landscape with a far away look, then, breaking out into a grin, lifting his head over to Pyro’s once more.

“Let’s stick around… like you suggested” Pyro narrowed his eyes. “What’s the catch, Manic, you never agree with my ideas so readily, so what are you cooking up in that diseased brain of yours?” “Well….if YOU must know…”-Manic gave a cheesy grin- “didn’t yah see that one coatl?” “The blue one?” “Yeah the meek one, they gotta necklace on them, a rather EXPENSIVE looking necklace, if you’re catching my drift” “Seriously?………fine..if you think it could actually be worth some treasure….but we really should try and make a living in a, uh, you know, socially acceptable way someday” “Someday, but not today, and if push comes to shove we could always just steal the Fae and make some gems in the auction house” Manic snickered while Pyro merely sighed and shook his head.

Pyro, glancing over at his counterpart head, muttered quietly. “…..quit that” “What?” “That grin, quit, I know your exhausted, quit trying to preform for me” Manic stiffened up a moment causing their flight to freeze up a moment, then he scowled and relaxed back down.

“I could take over…till the night if you wanted, if we take shifts we would conserve our energy better. And on top of that I could try and smooth over our relationships with that spiral, you know she must be suspicious of us” “I didn’t MEAN to grab her tail, it’s not like you were gonna fly any faster for us both” Manic snarled. “………” “….fine, take over trashy, but don’t exhaust your mind, and you’ll wake me up, like before?” “Like before” Pyro assured as Manic closed his eye, letting his head hang as he fell into his unconscious state, Pyro flying on.

A little ways back the brothers were fluttering upward and gliding down, trying to keep up with the group and make up some flight momentum. Although it couldn’t be seen from an outside dragon both Pyro and Manic could already feel the strain of physical exertment on their shared body. Making sure they were out of earshot from the main group they murmured and whispered amongst themselves.

“Hey, Hey Waste Water” Manic poked at Pyro. “What do you want Street Trash?”
“Should we just cut loose now? We don’t even know if they have a plan in place, and you know that merchant tent back there’s gotta be destroyed, no reason for us to stick around.” After a small sigh and glance up at the flying dragons ahead Pyro murmured back. “Where would we even go bird brain? Miss shadow muck would never let us live in her domain again after that incident and we have a even lesser chance with the Boss man” “It’s not MY fault YOU fell asleep on that last shift” “Shut up that’s not the point……” Pyro growled, after a moment of silence and tense flight Pyro glanced back at Manic. “The point is, they are flying, so they must have some destination in mind and remember they have yet to try and drive us away, we might as well take advantage of the situation while we can”

The two fly quietly along each to their own thoughts for the moment, Manic gazed down at the broken landscape with a far away look, then, breaking out into a grin, lifting his head over to Pyro’s once more.

“Let’s stick around… like you suggested” Pyro narrowed his eyes. “What’s the catch, Manic, you never agree with my ideas so readily, so what are you cooking up in that diseased brain of yours?” “Well….if YOU must know…”-Manic gave a cheesy grin- “didn’t yah see that one coatl?” “The blue one?” “Yeah the meek one, they gotta necklace on them, a rather EXPENSIVE looking necklace, if you’re catching my drift” “Seriously?………fine..if you think it could actually be worth some treasure….but we really should try and make a living in a, uh, you know, socially acceptable way someday” “Someday, but not today, and if push comes to shove we could always just steal the Fae and make some gems in the auction house” Manic snickered while Pyro merely sighed and shook his head.

Pyro, glancing over at his counterpart head, muttered quietly. “…..quit that” “What?” “That grin, quit, I know your exhausted, quit trying to preform for me” Manic stiffened up a moment causing their flight to freeze up a moment, then he scowled and relaxed back down.

“I could take over…till the night if you wanted, if we take shifts we would conserve our energy better. And on top of that I could try and smooth over our relationships with that spiral, you know she must be suspicious of us” “I didn’t MEAN to grab her tail, it’s not like you were gonna fly any faster for us both” Manic snarled. “………” “….fine, take over trashy, but don’t exhaust your mind, and you’ll wake me up, like before?” “Like before” Pyro assured as Manic closed his eye, letting his head hang as he fell into his unconscious state, Pyro flying on.

nudX0O8.png
Morpho nodded to Sira slowly, taking a moment to process the information, and then slowly smiled back.

Cinnabar, who at first was towards the front of the flying group, had dropped a little ways behind, her wings exhausted. Her brother, noticing this, stilled for a moment to latch his claws onto his sister's, supporting her flight as they went.
Morpho nodded to Sira slowly, taking a moment to process the information, and then slowly smiled back.

Cinnabar, who at first was towards the front of the flying group, had dropped a little ways behind, her wings exhausted. Her brother, noticing this, stilled for a moment to latch his claws onto his sister's, supporting her flight as they went.
k2NYXJG.png
LcVpTeR.png
c84a94c.png
Q505w0x.png
GAn3R3A.png
kWi52BS.png
7jtotAK.png
ScixjTN.png
q4SQrDe.png
z9pOPLP.png
LmcdWsF.png
1NNLvSZ.png
iH91ung.png
wJySv8z.png
JgMsK4Y.png
Sira frowned, observing Cinnabars exhaustion so soon in the journey. She fiddled with the straps on her harness, deep in thought. She glanced back at the Aberration, noting that one head was lolling in sleep while the other appeared wide awake. Good to know…
Her head jerked, and she peered down at the small, curled form of Shirai.
“S-Shirai?” She stammered. “Are you awake?”
The Fae stirred, lifting her head.
“Sira? Is that you?? What are you doing here.. oh, my head!” Shirai flopped back down. “You went into shock for a while there.. oh, careful. You banged yourself up pretty bad. Don’t bother with flying, you wings are too bruised to do that without some serious pain.”
Sira frowned, observing Cinnabars exhaustion so soon in the journey. She fiddled with the straps on her harness, deep in thought. She glanced back at the Aberration, noting that one head was lolling in sleep while the other appeared wide awake. Good to know…
Her head jerked, and she peered down at the small, curled form of Shirai.
“S-Shirai?” She stammered. “Are you awake?”
The Fae stirred, lifting her head.
“Sira? Is that you?? What are you doing here.. oh, my head!” Shirai flopped back down. “You went into shock for a while there.. oh, careful. You banged yourself up pretty bad. Don’t bother with flying, you wings are too bruised to do that without some serious pain.”
7zcCDc4.png
Morpho breathed a soft sigh of relief when he saw that Shirai had awoken, but his expression immediately shifted to concern when he saw how weak the Fae still was.

He continued flying, a bit slowed down by Cinnabar's weight but not by enough to be noticeable, and ignored the slight sore pain in his wings from flying out of the crevice previously as he flew on.

Cinnabar flapped her wings exhaustedly, trying not to be too much of a burden on her brother, but eventually tired of flying and allowed herself to be carried briefly before she continued flying again.

Soon, the ground beneath them shifted to the dark tones of Shadow Flight territory, and Cinnabar exhaled softly when she saw they were nearing the Dusk Sanctum.

((Is that right? I'm not too familiar with Sornieth territories lol.))
Morpho breathed a soft sigh of relief when he saw that Shirai had awoken, but his expression immediately shifted to concern when he saw how weak the Fae still was.

He continued flying, a bit slowed down by Cinnabar's weight but not by enough to be noticeable, and ignored the slight sore pain in his wings from flying out of the crevice previously as he flew on.

Cinnabar flapped her wings exhaustedly, trying not to be too much of a burden on her brother, but eventually tired of flying and allowed herself to be carried briefly before she continued flying again.

Soon, the ground beneath them shifted to the dark tones of Shadow Flight territory, and Cinnabar exhaled softly when she saw they were nearing the Dusk Sanctum.

((Is that right? I'm not too familiar with Sornieth territories lol.))
k2NYXJG.png
LcVpTeR.png
c84a94c.png
Q505w0x.png
GAn3R3A.png
kWi52BS.png
7jtotAK.png
ScixjTN.png
q4SQrDe.png
z9pOPLP.png
LmcdWsF.png
1NNLvSZ.png
iH91ung.png
wJySv8z.png
JgMsK4Y.png
(Now, time for some drama..)
Sira frowned as she observed the siblings trouble, fiddling with the straps of the improvised harness. Shirai peeked out of the pocket.
“Tell me we’re heading for Cloudsong.” She said, a hint of desperation seeping into her voice.
“Yeah, don’t you worry..” Sira trailed off, scowling at a ravine opening in the shadowy forest floor, spilling giant glowing mushrooms and ancient trees tumbling into the stony depths. Shirai followed her gaze, then sighed and curled into a more comfortable position where she could still watch.
“Who’s that?” She asked in a hushed tone, catching a glimpse of the fiery Aberration.
“If you’re referring to Ditsy and Sir Sinister, that’s our temporary acquaintance. Hopefully they won’t steal anything.” She paused, mentally taking inventory of all things worth stealing: Morpho’s necklace.. any of the familiars, really.. Shirai’s woodwind, along with whatever its feathers hid.. oh. She clutched her pouch a little closer, checking to make sure it was still there. Running her talons over the heavily carved and partially bejeweled surface, she carefully tucked the palm-sized, glinting disk back into its a secret compartment. No. She could never let it fall into the wrong talons. If that happened.. Sira shuddered, images of screaming dragons ang building in flames. Her flight pattern faltered, and Shirai yelped and clung to the harness. Sira had talked to Dr. Irain about this. She knew what to do. Breath deeply. In, out, in out. But her throat constricted, her lungs freezing up. She gasped, clutching her head. The vision faded, but she could still hear the agonized screams. Pulling her talons away from her head, she looked down, and stifled a scream. Her razor sharp talons were coated in blood, dripping, dripping, dripping. Its an illusion. It’s fake. She thought desperately, but her body had other ideas. Siri’s muscles moved on her own, maneuvering her into a diving position. She fought the actions, succeeding in stalling her plummet, but she continued to fall. Ever since she was given the compass. Ever since her parents died. With great power comes great responsibility. Or great danger…
(Now, time for some drama..)
Sira frowned as she observed the siblings trouble, fiddling with the straps of the improvised harness. Shirai peeked out of the pocket.
“Tell me we’re heading for Cloudsong.” She said, a hint of desperation seeping into her voice.
“Yeah, don’t you worry..” Sira trailed off, scowling at a ravine opening in the shadowy forest floor, spilling giant glowing mushrooms and ancient trees tumbling into the stony depths. Shirai followed her gaze, then sighed and curled into a more comfortable position where she could still watch.
“Who’s that?” She asked in a hushed tone, catching a glimpse of the fiery Aberration.
“If you’re referring to Ditsy and Sir Sinister, that’s our temporary acquaintance. Hopefully they won’t steal anything.” She paused, mentally taking inventory of all things worth stealing: Morpho’s necklace.. any of the familiars, really.. Shirai’s woodwind, along with whatever its feathers hid.. oh. She clutched her pouch a little closer, checking to make sure it was still there. Running her talons over the heavily carved and partially bejeweled surface, she carefully tucked the palm-sized, glinting disk back into its a secret compartment. No. She could never let it fall into the wrong talons. If that happened.. Sira shuddered, images of screaming dragons ang building in flames. Her flight pattern faltered, and Shirai yelped and clung to the harness. Sira had talked to Dr. Irain about this. She knew what to do. Breath deeply. In, out, in out. But her throat constricted, her lungs freezing up. She gasped, clutching her head. The vision faded, but she could still hear the agonized screams. Pulling her talons away from her head, she looked down, and stifled a scream. Her razor sharp talons were coated in blood, dripping, dripping, dripping. Its an illusion. It’s fake. She thought desperately, but her body had other ideas. Siri’s muscles moved on her own, maneuvering her into a diving position. She fought the actions, succeeding in stalling her plummet, but she continued to fall. Ever since she was given the compass. Ever since her parents died. With great power comes great responsibility. Or great danger…
7zcCDc4.png
The blue Coatl cried out sharply upon seeing the Spiral begin to fall and he started to dive after her, one talon clasped around the vial on his necklace and the other clutching onto Cinnabar's.

He tucked in his wings and released his sister's claws briefly as she hovered in the air, trying to fall faster, and Morpho managed to grab onto Sira's tail as she momentarily stalled in her plummet, not expecting the sheer power and speed with the way she was diving.

Morpho's wings flapped desperately as he struggled to stop the other dragon's fall and Cinnabar dove down to help, her eyes asking permission before she grabbed onto one of Sira's front talons, the two Coatls lifting her and Shirai the best they could.

"Are you alright? What happened?" Cinnabar asked quickly, and the two released Sira once she was somewhat stable again.
The blue Coatl cried out sharply upon seeing the Spiral begin to fall and he started to dive after her, one talon clasped around the vial on his necklace and the other clutching onto Cinnabar's.

He tucked in his wings and released his sister's claws briefly as she hovered in the air, trying to fall faster, and Morpho managed to grab onto Sira's tail as she momentarily stalled in her plummet, not expecting the sheer power and speed with the way she was diving.

Morpho's wings flapped desperately as he struggled to stop the other dragon's fall and Cinnabar dove down to help, her eyes asking permission before she grabbed onto one of Sira's front talons, the two Coatls lifting her and Shirai the best they could.

"Are you alright? What happened?" Cinnabar asked quickly, and the two released Sira once she was somewhat stable again.
k2NYXJG.png
LcVpTeR.png
c84a94c.png
Q505w0x.png
GAn3R3A.png
kWi52BS.png
7jtotAK.png
ScixjTN.png
q4SQrDe.png
z9pOPLP.png
LmcdWsF.png
1NNLvSZ.png
iH91ung.png
wJySv8z.png
JgMsK4Y.png
Pyro flapped unevenly behind them, watching bewildered as the spiral seem to fall mid flight. He knew he was too slow of a flyer to even try catching her so he hang back out of the way.
Wonder if she’s exhausted too He thought to himself with a internal humorless chuckle. What a group we are, two Coatls that seemed to have just left their nests, a micro dead weight of dragon, a bull headed noodle to smart for her own good, a jobless merchant, and a on fire vagabond Pyro snickers quietly.
As the others catch Sira Pyro is finally able to fly into earshot, he listens intently and glances around the shadowy land with narrow eyes, Manic’s head still snoring away.

(I LOVE Ditsy and Sir Sinister lol, what a wonderful nickname to have achieved)
Pyro flapped unevenly behind them, watching bewildered as the spiral seem to fall mid flight. He knew he was too slow of a flyer to even try catching her so he hang back out of the way.
Wonder if she’s exhausted too He thought to himself with a internal humorless chuckle. What a group we are, two Coatls that seemed to have just left their nests, a micro dead weight of dragon, a bull headed noodle to smart for her own good, a jobless merchant, and a on fire vagabond Pyro snickers quietly.
As the others catch Sira Pyro is finally able to fly into earshot, he listens intently and glances around the shadowy land with narrow eyes, Manic’s head still snoring away.

(I LOVE Ditsy and Sir Sinister lol, what a wonderful nickname to have achieved)
nudX0O8.png
1 2 3 4 5 6