Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | one piece fans?
1 2
I dont know if there are any one piece hubs or discussion threads anywhere here, but I want to talk to people about it!

I really really like the anime (I'm at return to Sabaody), the live action not so much (idk i feel like they leave out alot of details abt the story, ik thats expected, theyre not gonna act in over 1000 episodes and who knows how many hours)

so yeah :> looking to chat with some people and hopefully make some friends!
I dont know if there are any one piece hubs or discussion threads anywhere here, but I want to talk to people about it!

I really really like the anime (I'm at return to Sabaody), the live action not so much (idk i feel like they leave out alot of details abt the story, ik thats expected, theyre not gonna act in over 1000 episodes and who knows how many hours)

so yeah :> looking to chat with some people and hopefully make some friends!
481.png 4db96fd3028bbe0855ab619e99b2e9a43f014793.png NN9NPXA.png
hh5n4WA.png
O62tc6n.png
IrmwTXC.png
YMPbu9R.png
Netflix “One Piece” made me a casual fan.

I fear the anime and manga due to the sheer magnitude of them.

Way too many chapters and episodes for the likes of me. :’)
Netflix “One Piece” made me a casual fan.

I fear the anime and manga due to the sheer magnitude of them.

Way too many chapters and episodes for the likes of me. :’)
I am but a humble peach farmer.
I'm reading the manga for the first time now actually, currently in the middle of Arlong Park! It's not my favorite manga of all time but it's not as bad as I used to think it was haha
I'm reading the manga for the first time now actually, currently in the middle of Arlong Park! It's not my favorite manga of all time but it's not as bad as I used to think it was haha
FR_SIGGY.png
my man absolutely loves one piece but it seems very daunting to get into. it's like how my mom tried to describe grey's anatomy to me.
my man absolutely loves one piece but it seems very daunting to get into. it's like how my mom tried to describe grey's anatomy to me.
divider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.pngdivider_by_yesirukey-dbok0z5.png
Huge fan of both the manga and anime, I’m all caught up but I’m currently re reading the thriller bark arc since I remember it being the most mid. I haven’t touched the live action series yet because I’m waiting to see how they’re going to handle Chopper before I get attached.
Huge fan of both the manga and anime, I’m all caught up but I’m currently re reading the thriller bark arc since I remember it being the most mid. I haven’t touched the live action series yet because I’m waiting to see how they’re going to handle Chopper before I get attached.
pSn2GKM.png
I was just looking for this!!! I'm now at Sabaody w the anime and have read some chapters of the manga (not in order lol... just whichever ones i found interesting/wanted to compare with the anime). I want to continue so bad but I gotta watch when I like, wanna watch, not whenever I just want to get it over with yk, happens quickly with such a big watch... Anyway I really like the artstyle/designs and the characterizations (motivations, flaws etc.). :3 I also agree with your opinion on the LA but I do REALLY like the casting. (especially Mihawk and Luffy) [emoji=red star size=1]
I was just looking for this!!! I'm now at Sabaody w the anime and have read some chapters of the manga (not in order lol... just whichever ones i found interesting/wanted to compare with the anime). I want to continue so bad but I gotta watch when I like, wanna watch, not whenever I just want to get it over with yk, happens quickly with such a big watch...

Anyway I really like the artstyle/designs and the characterizations (motivations, flaws etc.). :3 I also agree with your opinion on the LA but I do REALLY like the casting. (especially Mihawk and Luffy)
jo4fU6U.png
LGvol4P.png
fhi34C1.png
vgcaRWy.png
Rw7uKRS.png
comev47.png
Y7MOfeL.png
JrEJc4j.png
@miraig @kiwis i said the same thing for years but the combined effort of my boyfriend + a few irls + my literal 58 year old father made me cave eventually, started around oct 23 and fully caught up by mar 24

the manga is WAY more manageable than the anime, mostly bc the anime's got so... so much filler... i think its like LOTR tbh like you gotta get through it at least once in your lifetime
@miraig @kiwis i said the same thing for years but the combined effort of my boyfriend + a few irls + my literal 58 year old father made me cave eventually, started around oct 23 and fully caught up by mar 24

the manga is WAY more manageable than the anime, mostly bc the anime's got so... so much filler... i think its like LOTR tbh like you gotta get through it at least once in your lifetime
The way I see it, Kyogre is surrounded.
What's under the ocean? That's right, more earth.
about - wish/list - badges
For anyone who wants to get into One Piece but feel daunted by the length, there's a new anime in the works. It's gonna be animated by the same studio who made Spy X Family and the first three seasons of Attack on Titan.

No release date atm, but once it's out it's likely gonna be the best way to enjoy the series without having to commit a ridiculous amount of hours.

If you're watching the anime, I can also recommend One Pace. This is a fan-made project that re-cuts the anime to keep it more in line with the manga, removing fillers and badly paced sequences.

---

As you might tell I'm a huge fan. Caught up right as the time skip happened and I've read it weekly since then. Even got all 100+ volumes.

The first half is among my favourite stories of all time, but I'm not as fond of it after the time skip. Though I still keep up, I want to see how it ends. One Piece is more than the story at this point - it's about the community, this story that's captivated people for quarter of a decade, figuring out the mystery behind the legendary treasure. It's a one-of-a-kind experience. I can't tell you how overjoyed I was during Corona to see this influx of new fans, seeing them discover this amazing adventure.

One of my favourite memories was hanging out on a forum way back, and someone commented that it was amazing that there was a discussion between people from across the globe - ranging from Japan to Sweden to Saudi Arabia - all coming together to talk about the adventures of a rubber pirate.

That one comment left a lasting impact on me. Cliché as it sounds, it's solidified my belief in the power of fiction, how it can bring together people from across the world and give them a moment of happiness in a hectic world.
For anyone who wants to get into One Piece but feel daunted by the length, there's a new anime in the works. It's gonna be animated by the same studio who made Spy X Family and the first three seasons of Attack on Titan.

No release date atm, but once it's out it's likely gonna be the best way to enjoy the series without having to commit a ridiculous amount of hours.

If you're watching the anime, I can also recommend One Pace. This is a fan-made project that re-cuts the anime to keep it more in line with the manga, removing fillers and badly paced sequences.

---

As you might tell I'm a huge fan. Caught up right as the time skip happened and I've read it weekly since then. Even got all 100+ volumes.

The first half is among my favourite stories of all time, but I'm not as fond of it after the time skip. Though I still keep up, I want to see how it ends. One Piece is more than the story at this point - it's about the community, this story that's captivated people for quarter of a decade, figuring out the mystery behind the legendary treasure. It's a one-of-a-kind experience. I can't tell you how overjoyed I was during Corona to see this influx of new fans, seeing them discover this amazing adventure.

One of my favourite memories was hanging out on a forum way back, and someone commented that it was amazing that there was a discussion between people from across the globe - ranging from Japan to Sweden to Saudi Arabia - all coming together to talk about the adventures of a rubber pirate.

That one comment left a lasting impact on me. Cliché as it sounds, it's solidified my belief in the power of fiction, how it can bring together people from across the world and give them a moment of happiness in a hectic world.
I started watching One Piece and only at episode 24. I like it! But get too distracted with other anime
I started watching One Piece and only at episode 24. I like it! But get too distracted with other anime
ddifwzt-a8a57769-47d6-4162-b376-46526a378fe9.gif
Wn94zHr.pngfdUVIfW.pngtqGkHih.pngqeWy3Ik.pngk7mTvIf.png
degsyo5-a3b883a3-5d1b-4aae-9d61-6d687a09f65f.gif
I LOVE ONE PIECE

I'm lazy though, I took a little break at chapter 1000 and I still haven't caught up.
The anime is.... really bad in my opinion.
I LOVE ONE PIECE

I'm lazy though, I took a little break at chapter 1000 and I still haven't caught up.
The anime is.... really bad in my opinion.
1 2