Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | alcedinization
1 2
sorry about the title being Like That but irl we have carcinization, the process of non-crab arthropods evolving into crabs: evidently sornieth has a problem with non kingfisher animals becoming kingfishers [item=Wetland Amphithere] [item=Evolving Amphithere] [item=Kingfish] the fisher king im excluding bc its implied to be the other way around, its a kingfisher who became a fish but theres a clear similarity between it and the evolving amphithere; so basically thats both reptiles (amphitheres) and fish (kingfish) independently evolving into kingfishers so I pitch to you: alcedinization. or a similar word thats just what I went with bc alcedinidae is the family kingfishers belong to feel free to pitch diff words for it that are less hard to spell BUT my point is, evolution in sornieth is going towards kingfishers. the perfect animal
sorry about the title being Like That but irl we have carcinization, the process of non-crab arthropods evolving into crabs: evidently sornieth has a problem with non kingfisher animals becoming kingfishers

Wetland Amphithere Evolving Amphithere Kingfish

the fisher king im excluding bc its implied to be the other way around, its a kingfisher who became a fish but theres a clear similarity between it and the evolving amphithere; so basically thats both reptiles (amphitheres) and fish (kingfish) independently evolving into kingfishers

so I pitch to you: alcedinization. or a similar word thats just what I went with bc alcedinidae is the family kingfishers belong to feel free to pitch diff words for it that are less hard to spell BUT my point is, evolution in sornieth is going towards kingfishers. the perfect animal
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
they truly are.

small. compact. pointy. colors. yell.
they truly are.

small. compact. pointy. colors. yell.
Pale Pink Rose
+2 hours, she/her :)
there is no 'r' in my user!
accent shop
wishlist
ISO aug 26 2023 hatches
rlly glad to have more amphithere's familiars, never thought of giving them beaks! and its pretty funny.. king fisher dragon when?
rlly glad to have more amphithere's familiars, never thought of giving them beaks! and its pretty funny.. king fisher dragon when?
I used to display all my meme numbers here, but honestly im tired off that
i will still say that i own the #420 saved scry
Someone on staff has a favourite bird, I think. And who can blame them.
Someone on staff has a favourite bird, I think. And who can blame them.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I saw a pair of kingfishers yesterday, I 100% approve of the phenomenon. May I suggest the term Halcynization, though, to avoid confusion with the alcidae (auks, puffins, murres)? Plus I really like the term halcyon
I saw a pair of kingfishers yesterday, I 100% approve of the phenomenon. May I suggest the term Halcynization, though, to avoid confusion with the alcidae (auks, puffins, murres)? Plus I really like the term halcyon
8ab3d3b2a13c364db89e13ba399ceced86ab48ef.pngtIYcLSC.png UzGmb10.png m0kyk3D.png Ask about DnD
that black-tipped red beak on the wetland amphithere also says tern to me. my god. even the seabirds have become alcedine....
that black-tipped red beak on the wetland amphithere also says tern to me. my god. even the seabirds have become alcedine....
hikaru
22 • he/him • eng/jpn • fr+3

click here for a random bird
________
the ideal form. oh how i wish to attain it as well
the ideal form. oh how i wish to attain it as well
|||||zel
Glowbug she/her
actual spore creature
everything goes back to the kingfisher...
everything goes back to the kingfisher...
wqnTQE2.png Adult Player | She/they | 3+ FR Time | Wishlist
I am become bird, destroyer of fish
I am become bird, destroyer of fish
Fishes ____ she/her | +3 FR time | wishlist | avatar
ra01-icon-goldfish.gif s02-icon-whale.gif
[quote name="wbicepuppy" date="2024-05-06 15:14:12" ] I saw a pair of kingfishers yesterday, I 100% approve of the phenomenon. May I suggest the term Halcynization, though, to avoid confusion with the alcidae (auks, puffins, murres)? Plus I really like the term halcyon [/quote] absolutelty, halcynization it is. I'd change the title but I dont want to make it look like a different topic, instead the title can exist as a monument to my failure (/lh)
wbicepuppy wrote on 2024-05-06 15:14:12:
absolutelty, halcynization it is. I'd change the title but I dont want to make it look like a different topic, instead the title can exist as a monument to my failure (/lh)
KHUgIpL.gif sMnKARY.png fK5z2eq.gif
1 2