Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Games like Fer.al?
1 2 3
Not animal characters, but I recommend looking into Palia!
It recently entered open beta and it's free to play, no microtransactions besides just clothing that's cosmetic only. You can collect materials, cook, have your own house and craft furniture etc. And build relationships with the NPCs!
It's a multiplayer game but no PvP or anything and so far I didn't really have to interact with other players (but the option is there).

Currently only on PC but Switch release is coming later this year.
Not animal characters, but I recommend looking into Palia!
It recently entered open beta and it's free to play, no microtransactions besides just clothing that's cosmetic only. You can collect materials, cook, have your own house and craft furniture etc. And build relationships with the NPCs!
It's a multiplayer game but no PvP or anything and so far I didn't really have to interact with other players (but the option is there).

Currently only on PC but Switch release is coming later this year.
XXxncCy.png
Hex | he/him | FR+9hrs
unfortunately don't have much to contribute to this but i will consider checking some of these suggestions !! they seem intriguing ^_^
unfortunately don't have much to contribute to this but i will consider checking some of these suggestions !! they seem intriguing ^_^
lBDgT.gif
i got a lil guy !! :3c
animal jam :>
animal jam :>
66114084_LQjLA9TWOgWrUkw.png
I'm moderating for an upcoming game called FeralBound that is being created by most of the same people who had been working on the FeralHeart Unleashed project before it retired. We currently have the FeralBound Discord open if you'd like me to DM you a link to it! The game itself is currently not released, but we still have the latest version of FeralHeart Unleashed to play and hang out on until FeralBound's release!
I'm moderating for an upcoming game called FeralBound that is being created by most of the same people who had been working on the FeralHeart Unleashed project before it retired. We currently have the FeralBound Discord open if you'd like me to DM you a link to it! The game itself is currently not released, but we still have the latest version of FeralHeart Unleashed to play and hang out on until FeralBound's release!
sYJ7QdI.png
Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions!

Unfortunately I think the kind of game I’m after just doesn’t exist anymore. I enjoy MMOs like World of Warcraft, FFXIV, Temtem, etc. but in my experience the social experience is… dry? I’ve not had much experience making friends there and the energy is GOGOGOGO LETS DO CONTENT instead of being content just sitting and chatting. Might just be my experience though!

I really enjoyed running around a map, harvesting materials to craft things, occasionally chiming in on the conversation and playing minigames. I love dye systems in games, I love player housing in games and sometimes I just wanna socialize with people.

I think Palia is the closest I’ll get to it, maybe.

Again, thanks everyone. :’)
Thank you everyone for all of your suggestions!

Unfortunately I think the kind of game I’m after just doesn’t exist anymore. I enjoy MMOs like World of Warcraft, FFXIV, Temtem, etc. but in my experience the social experience is… dry? I’ve not had much experience making friends there and the energy is GOGOGOGO LETS DO CONTENT instead of being content just sitting and chatting. Might just be my experience though!

I really enjoyed running around a map, harvesting materials to craft things, occasionally chiming in on the conversation and playing minigames. I love dye systems in games, I love player housing in games and sometimes I just wanna socialize with people.

I think Palia is the closest I’ll get to it, maybe.

Again, thanks everyone. :’)
Amorii
Artist & Writer
If not now, then when?
- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - z-Kazuha-Sig3.png
FELLOW FER.AL PLAYER!!
Ok seriously I'm only sorta waking this up because I actually have games to suggest if you haven't tried them already or something. Anyway here's a list of games very similar to what you're looking for some you may have heard of others not so much. I'm not focusing on MMO here since there's not much of that in the MMO part but these are the best for what you're looking for.
Btw I am suggesting these assuming you have a PC to play it obviously but if ur pc ain't too good, some of these do have a console option.
Oh and uh, I stumble upon this place trying to find suggestion of flight rising alternatives lol.

Animal crossing - the newest game is most likely what your looking for but I do recommend the older ones to try, how you will try them? Well make sure you get a totally legal copy of a rom/iso and emulate it on the computer if you don't have their consoles...

Bliss - Wow sounds like a weird game, that's because it's not really a game... it's a modpack for minecraft Java, this modpack puts in lots of new stuff but most importantly, its peaceful. I mean pure peaceful, mobs won't attack you unless you attack them except for certain ones like illagers or something. The end gates are open along with the portal meaning you don't need to kill the ender dragon, theres a way to get everything including mob drops without hurting a single mob. Finally mobs don't spawn at night anymore, they will only spawn under dark blocks! I hope you concidered checking this modpack out. (Oh, try out hypixel skyblock if you haven't, thats a MMO technically and you def craft a lot.) You can find it on curseforge.

Transformice - Dye system? Yes, grind? Yes, Crafting? Uh... no your a mouse, trying to grab cheese and bring it too the hole but the maps are wild and a enjoyment to see. If you get top of the leaderboard your points will revert back to 0 and you become the shamen where you help mice to get to the hole instead. Think of it as something you can play when you want to be mindless. It's on steam or your local browser.. I think it didn't use flash-

PokeMMO - Pokemon, MMO, what more is there to explain? Just thought I throw this here. It has it's own site.

Oh this one you will love I think.
Roblox, specifically Felandia - Falandia is the definition of "I am Fer.al but defiantly not." This game got the animal customization with even body parts to unlock, but wait it also have the housing decoration too. Now theres no dyes unless they recently put that in the game that I don't know about and you don't craft items. But you do run around the map and dig up chests to buy items with!

Dear lord I can't believe I'm suggesting this game.
Destiny 2 - Oh god, I'm suggesting a crime. But seriously this game dose have a really good dyeing system and... decent crafting system as well. But you know, it's a gun game and you do missions with space magic. This game is very deep and if you wanna learn the story... yeah you have no choice but to look up a 24 hour long video for that. But if you don't care about that and can handle gun games try it out. (If you do try it or want another free option to try Warframe is another, good dyeing system and sorta crafting systems... please for the update that removes the timersssss they do give out a lot of free stuff specially if you get on console theres packs that gives you free plat every so often.) Both on steam.

V Rising - So like.. ark.. but vampires... ok mainly that it plays similar to Ark but there is a singleplayer ish option if you don't want to get attack by people. You build a castle, you gather items, you kill bosses to get strong, and so on. steaaaaam

Sky: Children of the light - Ok I gave you like 2-3 hardcore games heres a relaxing one, while this one ain't really much gathering and crafting, you do fly around in different levels to gather candle flames/wax. It's calming, fun to fly around, and nice to grind. You can get it on steeeeaaam.

Welp that's all I can think of right now. I hope you check out what I got listed here.
FELLOW FER.AL PLAYER!!
Ok seriously I'm only sorta waking this up because I actually have games to suggest if you haven't tried them already or something. Anyway here's a list of games very similar to what you're looking for some you may have heard of others not so much. I'm not focusing on MMO here since there's not much of that in the MMO part but these are the best for what you're looking for.
Btw I am suggesting these assuming you have a PC to play it obviously but if ur pc ain't too good, some of these do have a console option.
Oh and uh, I stumble upon this place trying to find suggestion of flight rising alternatives lol.

Animal crossing - the newest game is most likely what your looking for but I do recommend the older ones to try, how you will try them? Well make sure you get a totally legal copy of a rom/iso and emulate it on the computer if you don't have their consoles...

Bliss - Wow sounds like a weird game, that's because it's not really a game... it's a modpack for minecraft Java, this modpack puts in lots of new stuff but most importantly, its peaceful. I mean pure peaceful, mobs won't attack you unless you attack them except for certain ones like illagers or something. The end gates are open along with the portal meaning you don't need to kill the ender dragon, theres a way to get everything including mob drops without hurting a single mob. Finally mobs don't spawn at night anymore, they will only spawn under dark blocks! I hope you concidered checking this modpack out. (Oh, try out hypixel skyblock if you haven't, thats a MMO technically and you def craft a lot.) You can find it on curseforge.

Transformice - Dye system? Yes, grind? Yes, Crafting? Uh... no your a mouse, trying to grab cheese and bring it too the hole but the maps are wild and a enjoyment to see. If you get top of the leaderboard your points will revert back to 0 and you become the shamen where you help mice to get to the hole instead. Think of it as something you can play when you want to be mindless. It's on steam or your local browser.. I think it didn't use flash-

PokeMMO - Pokemon, MMO, what more is there to explain? Just thought I throw this here. It has it's own site.

Oh this one you will love I think.
Roblox, specifically Felandia - Falandia is the definition of "I am Fer.al but defiantly not." This game got the animal customization with even body parts to unlock, but wait it also have the housing decoration too. Now theres no dyes unless they recently put that in the game that I don't know about and you don't craft items. But you do run around the map and dig up chests to buy items with!

Dear lord I can't believe I'm suggesting this game.
Destiny 2 - Oh god, I'm suggesting a crime. But seriously this game dose have a really good dyeing system and... decent crafting system as well. But you know, it's a gun game and you do missions with space magic. This game is very deep and if you wanna learn the story... yeah you have no choice but to look up a 24 hour long video for that. But if you don't care about that and can handle gun games try it out. (If you do try it or want another free option to try Warframe is another, good dyeing system and sorta crafting systems... please for the update that removes the timersssss they do give out a lot of free stuff specially if you get on console theres packs that gives you free plat every so often.) Both on steam.

V Rising - So like.. ark.. but vampires... ok mainly that it plays similar to Ark but there is a singleplayer ish option if you don't want to get attack by people. You build a castle, you gather items, you kill bosses to get strong, and so on. steaaaaam

Sky: Children of the light - Ok I gave you like 2-3 hardcore games heres a relaxing one, while this one ain't really much gathering and crafting, you do fly around in different levels to gather candle flames/wax. It's calming, fun to fly around, and nice to grind. You can get it on steeeeaaam.

Welp that's all I can think of right now. I hope you check out what I got listed here.
Fer.al was fantastic. I'm gonna miss that game forever.

Not really a creature creator game, but Sky: Children of the Light offers practically everything that Fer.al did. Highly social game, with housing, currencies to gather, no real gameplay loop other than fashion and really nice customization. It's free too.
Fer.al was fantastic. I'm gonna miss that game forever.

Not really a creature creator game, but Sky: Children of the Light offers practically everything that Fer.al did. Highly social game, with housing, currencies to gather, no real gameplay loop other than fashion and really nice customization. It's free too.
7KDaHHG.gif
Hi!! Another EmuFeral rep here. Gotta make sure all the scorned Feralians know there's a community reboot of our silly lil game!
Currently they have What The Hex and Do Or Dye up and running again, but Dizzywing Dispatch is still being worked on.
They're also working on client mods (eg. larger/smaller character scaling, more eye/decal types, perhaps interchangeable species wings?) that are TOTALLY optional (and as of right now require being an early access tester.)

Also, for legal reasons, all the ingame purchases are removed and now the star fragment thingies are earned from chests/minigames, if you're playing the EXP mode and not the Creative mode (which you can totally switch at any time depending on if you wanna make cute avatars unrestricted, or if you want to experience the game as it originally was.. just with less people runnin around. The Discord people are decently active though, and most of us don't bite.)
Hi!! Another EmuFeral rep here. Gotta make sure all the scorned Feralians know there's a community reboot of our silly lil game!
Currently they have What The Hex and Do Or Dye up and running again, but Dizzywing Dispatch is still being worked on.
They're also working on client mods (eg. larger/smaller character scaling, more eye/decal types, perhaps interchangeable species wings?) that are TOTALLY optional (and as of right now require being an early access tester.)

Also, for legal reasons, all the ingame purchases are removed and now the star fragment thingies are earned from chests/minigames, if you're playing the EXP mode and not the Creative mode (which you can totally switch at any time depending on if you wanna make cute avatars unrestricted, or if you want to experience the game as it originally was.. just with less people runnin around. The Discord people are decently active though, and most of us don't bite.)
KNiDL_Star_Rod_sprite.png 7nrEOpT.png
bYt72YT.png
Zn1clbn.png
9vwqdfK.png
tyEuRXe.png
9R2Unq1.png
CeZAyqc.png
lA1sWNh.png
Collector of gen 1 aethers, imperial enjoyer, old dragon admirer, sprite/nymph adorer
KNiDL_Star_Rod_icon.png
1 2 3