Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | adoptable pricing help - veilspun bust!
hi all! so i've been developing a veilspun bust base, along with a few variants for common line-breaking tertiaries, and i'm looking to debut them soon. however, this will be my first go at an adoptables shop and i'm a bit stumped on pricing. i'm thinking somewhere between 200-400g/kt for a base price? i'll probably offer the tertiary variants for free, with an option to sponsor other line breaking terts (and if anyone has experience with doing a gene sponsor program, please let me know how that went for you/how you priced it!) i'll have a few gene options to begin with, with simpler genes available for free (including most non-linebreaking terts i think?) and more complex genes available for an additional ~50g/kt ish. also i LOVE fun eyes so i'll probably throw that in as a free option. as for skins, i'm open to doing them but i'm curious how people price them? they seem to be priced according to complexity most often and i'm wondering if you have any specific criteria for complexity or if it's more of a case by case situation. ANYWAYS, i would GREATLY appreciate any thoughts/opinions on pricing, what draws you all to adopt shops/what your budget usually is, etc. additionally, if you're interested in these adopts and want to be pinged when i open for business, please comment here! i'm putting together a pinglist :) thanks so much for reading! [center]-[/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/DrFa8Qq.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/mCIrEgR.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/6VqwxEg.png[/img][img]https://i.imgur.com/Y6ug62k.png[/img]
hi all! so i've been developing a veilspun bust base, along with a few variants for common line-breaking tertiaries, and i'm looking to debut them soon. however, this will be my first go at an adoptables shop and i'm a bit stumped on pricing. i'm thinking somewhere between 200-400g/kt for a base price? i'll probably offer the tertiary variants for free, with an option to sponsor other line breaking terts (and if anyone has experience with doing a gene sponsor program, please let me know how that went for you/how you priced it!)

i'll have a few gene options to begin with, with simpler genes available for free (including most non-linebreaking terts i think?) and more complex genes available for an additional ~50g/kt ish. also i LOVE fun eyes so i'll probably throw that in as a free option. as for skins, i'm open to doing them but i'm curious how people price them? they seem to be priced according to complexity most often and i'm wondering if you have any specific criteria for complexity or if it's more of a case by case situation.

ANYWAYS, i would GREATLY appreciate any thoughts/opinions on pricing, what draws you all to adopt shops/what your budget usually is, etc. additionally, if you're interested in these adopts and want to be pinged when i open for business, please comment here! i'm putting together a pinglist :) thanks so much for reading!
-
DrFa8Qq.png
mCIrEgR.png
6VqwxEg.pngY6ug62k.png
pushing things to the centerSlight-Eyewing.pngspace veilspun adopts
old fest skins
dragons for sale
spaceEEEmH1m.png
^^
^^
old fest skins
dragons for sale
spaceEEEmH1m.png
Oh I really like it! I generally have no money (as a rule), but as a Veil-led clan I would be interested. I would hazard at beginning with cheaper adopts, and then increasing the price if they are popular, as a really nice, inexpensive adopt definitely draws me in, but I'd also be likely to go to a shop that has lots of completed orders/examples, even if had become more expensive. That price range seems good though, if you want to ramp up over time?

I say this as a person with no experience running an adopt shop btw lol
Oh I really like it! I generally have no money (as a rule), but as a Veil-led clan I would be interested. I would hazard at beginning with cheaper adopts, and then increasing the price if they are popular, as a really nice, inexpensive adopt definitely draws me in, but I'd also be likely to go to a shop that has lots of completed orders/examples, even if had become more expensive. That price range seems good though, if you want to ramp up over time?

I say this as a person with no experience running an adopt shop btw lol
Feel free to reach out if you ever want to talk about anything! I'm always happy to listen
@raiGN thanks so much for your comment! (and as someone who also never has any money, FELT THAT) and that is really good to know, thank you! yeah i think i'd start at the lower end, maybe 250 base? i'm also trying to finish a bust for each of my veilspun (way too many...i have to stop impulse buying dragons lol) so that there will be plenty of examples for people who are interested! good to know that that does actually make a difference haha. thanks again for sharing your thoughts, i appreciate it!
@raiGN thanks so much for your comment! (and as someone who also never has any money, FELT THAT) and that is really good to know, thank you! yeah i think i'd start at the lower end, maybe 250 base? i'm also trying to finish a bust for each of my veilspun (way too many...i have to stop impulse buying dragons lol) so that there will be plenty of examples for people who are interested! good to know that that does actually make a difference haha. thanks again for sharing your thoughts, i appreciate it!
old fest skins
dragons for sale
spaceEEEmH1m.png
Honestly, I think the amount of detail your drawings have justifies 300g minimum. It's easier lowering prices rather than raising them, and I'd join a pinglist for when you officially open shop for sure!
Honestly, I think the amount of detail your drawings have justifies 300g minimum. It's easier lowering prices rather than raising them, and I'd join a pinglist for when you officially open shop for sure!

hatchery
about
__ 65e29bae9546aec5dcd31ae358b818506e33332c.png

free coli teams 4 newbies!
old dragons 4 sale
level 25 sales
@crowbartender ahh thank you for your input!! i actually opened up my thread today and decided on 300g for the base price so that is perfect. (and that is a GOOD POINT about lowering prices being easier than raising them) the official thread is here! i appreciate your interest!
@crowbartender ahh thank you for your input!! i actually opened up my thread today and decided on 300g for the base price so that is perfect. (and that is a GOOD POINT about lowering prices being easier than raising them) the official thread is here! i appreciate your interest!
old fest skins
dragons for sale
spaceEEEmH1m.png