Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | anime recommendations?
1 2 3
[quote name="AbyssalEve" date="2024-05-01 02:28:36" ] Castlevania, Chainsaw Man, Death Note, Made in Abyss, Parasyte: The Maxim, Steins;Gate, The Promised Neverland, Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song [/quote] the promised neverland... will never forgive them for what they did to the writing in the second season
AbyssalEve wrote on 2024-05-01 02:28:36:
Castlevania, Chainsaw Man, Death Note, Made in Abyss, Parasyte: The Maxim, Steins;Gate, The Promised Neverland, Vivy: Fluorite Eye's Song

the promised neverland... will never forgive them for what they did to the writing in the second season
babadooby ua redoing this signature eventually
[quote name="Ralsha" date="2024-05-01 14:53:22" ] Dungeon Meshi is what I'm currently watching, and its super good! Im just barely finished with the first season. BNA / Brand New Animal was also pretty neat. [/quote] how would you describe dungeon meshi? is it serious or is it lighthearted? love the red lizard in your signature by the way
Ralsha wrote on 2024-05-01 14:53:22:
Dungeon Meshi is what I'm currently watching, and its super good! Im just barely finished with the first season.

BNA / Brand New Animal was also pretty neat.
how would you describe dungeon meshi? is it serious or is it lighthearted? love the red lizard in your signature by the way
babadooby ua redoing this signature eventually
Gregory Horror Show will forever be my favourite anime

Also seconding the Apothecary Diaries, I was watching it when it was airing with my sister and I really enjoyed it haha

Noragami is good too imo
Gregory Horror Show will forever be my favourite anime

Also seconding the Apothecary Diaries, I was watching it when it was airing with my sister and I really enjoyed it haha

Noragami is good too imo
fLdYOuE.png
CAJaTcp.png
jBEX2Bu.png
mtHAEL4.png
ypcKWM0.png
QUIpVFE.png
63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png63854030_kgIi5Vrtnqxwoag.png

~** FLUFFERB **~

jbMLSIO.png
leo4ZYP.png
C3gPKb3.png
OrlEqVx.png
ll0CfnD.png
rUoKR6y.png
Absolutely adored Madoka Magica. One of my favorite anime :-) Also started Dungeon Meshi and enjoying it a lot!

Other favorites are Sailor Moon (a lot more emotional than it seems, cried like a Baby during the last episode and also has one of my favorite f/f ships), Bloom Into You, Date A Live, Houseki no Kuni, and Whisper Me a Love Song which is still in progress.

Banana Fish is another, but it's absolutely not for the faint of heart and has a lot of upsetting scenes. I have a strong stomach but it really hit.

I'm a horror junkie and although I preferred the VN, Higurashi will always be close to my heart.
Absolutely adored Madoka Magica. One of my favorite anime :-) Also started Dungeon Meshi and enjoying it a lot!

Other favorites are Sailor Moon (a lot more emotional than it seems, cried like a Baby during the last episode and also has one of my favorite f/f ships), Bloom Into You, Date A Live, Houseki no Kuni, and Whisper Me a Love Song which is still in progress.

Banana Fish is another, but it's absolutely not for the faint of heart and has a lot of upsetting scenes. I have a strong stomach but it really hit.

I'm a horror junkie and although I preferred the VN, Higurashi will always be close to my heart.
[quote name="@codyguy" date="2024-05-01 23:18:44" ] [snip] how would you describe dungeon meshi? is it serious or is it lighthearted? love the red lizard in your signature by the way [/quote] Thank you!! So far, I'd describe it mostly as light hearted, with occasional bits of serious. Though from what I've seen spoiler-wise, it kind of picks up a little bit? Seems like a bit after where I'm currently at is where it takes that turn.
@codyguy wrote on 2024-05-01 23:18:44:
[snip]

how would you describe dungeon meshi? is it serious or is it lighthearted? love the red lizard in your signature by the way
Thank you!!
So far, I'd describe it mostly as light hearted, with occasional bits of serious. Though from what I've seen spoiler-wise, it kind of picks up a little bit? Seems like a bit after where I'm currently at is where it takes that turn.
red lizard from rain world

» Formerly Ceruleanfire, Springfire
» She/Her
» +2 FR Time || Pings welcome!

I HIGHLY recommend:
-Wolf's Rain
-Inuyashiki Last Hero(if you can find it, recommended to be 18+)
-Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
-Noragami
-Dorohedoro
-Dungeon Meshi (Delicious in Dungeon)

I HIGHLY recommend:
-Wolf's Rain
-Inuyashiki Last Hero(if you can find it, recommended to be 18+)
-Jojo's Bizarre Adventure
-Noragami
-Dorohedoro
-Dungeon Meshi (Delicious in Dungeon)

sh5xjiu.png3YAN1tx.pngszLFrpq.png

Plague.gif
Based on what you've watched so far, I'd say FLCL Progressive, Space Dandy, Lycoris Recoil, and Black Lagoon might be good to look into. I haven't gotten around to the show which has just released though have read the manga, but Kaiju No. 8 might work too.

If you want to delve further into magical girl stuff, I highly recommend Cardcaptor Sakura!
Based on what you've watched so far, I'd say FLCL Progressive, Space Dandy, Lycoris Recoil, and Black Lagoon might be good to look into. I haven't gotten around to the show which has just released though have read the manga, but Kaiju No. 8 might work too.

If you want to delve further into magical girl stuff, I highly recommend Cardcaptor Sakura!
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
Definitely recommend these if you like thriller, fantasy, or shows with close knit family/friends: [LIST] [*]Mob Psycho 100 (amazing story and enjoyable characters, really funny and heartwarming moments in it. Also god-tier animation it’s beautiful to watch) [*]Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure (it’s extremely weird and some moments can put a lot of people off, it’s amazing but if you’re not comfortable with more mature or inappropriate content I wouldn’t recommend it. Also the first season most people skip, it’s a bit simple but it’s very short and sets up the rest of the story. Most people say the best season is the third and that’s when stuff really gets bizarre) [*]Dungeon Meshi/Delicious in Dungeon (it has almost a slice of life, relaxing vibe to most of it, and all the characters are amazing to watch. It’s also really deceiving with this, when people say it takes a sharp turn it does. It still has the same fun vibes but stuff hits the fan real fast) [*]Full Metal Alchemist (I haven’t personally watched all of it, but it’s really good from what I’ve seen so far) [*]Literally any Studio Ghibli movie (my personal top picks are Howl’s Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Kiki’s Delivery Service) [/LIST] [s]I would recommend one piece but it’s wayyyy too long and has too much filler [emoji=skull size=1][/s]
Definitely recommend these if you like thriller, fantasy, or shows with close knit family/friends:
  • Mob Psycho 100 (amazing story and enjoyable characters, really funny and heartwarming moments in it. Also god-tier animation it’s beautiful to watch)
  • Jojo’s Bizarre Adventure (it’s extremely weird and some moments can put a lot of people off, it’s amazing but if you’re not comfortable with more mature or inappropriate content I wouldn’t recommend it. Also the first season most people skip, it’s a bit simple but it’s very short and sets up the rest of the story. Most people say the best season is the third and that’s when stuff really gets bizarre)
  • Dungeon Meshi/Delicious in Dungeon (it has almost a slice of life, relaxing vibe to most of it, and all the characters are amazing to watch. It’s also really deceiving with this, when people say it takes a sharp turn it does. It still has the same fun vibes but stuff hits the fan real fast)
  • Full Metal Alchemist (I haven’t personally watched all of it, but it’s really good from what I’ve seen so far)
  • Literally any Studio Ghibli movie (my personal top picks are Howl’s Moving Castle, Spirited Away, Princess Mononoke, and Kiki’s Delivery Service)
I would recommend one piece but it’s wayyyy too long and has too much filler
you’re telling me this shrimp fried this rice???
“Planetarian” is short and sweet, and a good watch if you like robots, humanoid or otherwise.

One legendary title worth watching is “Serial Experiments Lain”, but you’d better google a list of trigger warnings first. It’s not the happiest series in the world.
“Planetarian” is short and sweet, and a good watch if you like robots, humanoid or otherwise.

One legendary title worth watching is “Serial Experiments Lain”, but you’d better google a list of trigger warnings first. It’s not the happiest series in the world.
I am but a humble peach farmer.
1 2 3