Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | [LORE] WIP/DNP
Making a thread in hopes that I may actually maintain it.

1. Introduction/Directory -- a directory to posts. maybe a summary of lore?
2. Lair Locations -- where my dragons are located.
3. Areas of the Village + Residents -- dragons are sorted by color currently so this will be used to help organize + show where various dragons live.
4. Lair Backstory -- how things came to be in this world.
5. Outside Clans -- groups and places of interest outside of the village.

Copy+paste summary from thread:
I'm slowly working on it and simplifying it. Right now, the idea I have is that my lair is home to a sprawling village with various dragon residents. War has been happening between rival dragon factions for a long time, but a specific dragon with a lot of political pull + money to burn ends up bribing the main clan leaders to leave this specific area of land alone, turning it into one of the largest sanctuaries amongst the war-torn land.

There are other villages that have been left alone (whether led by one of the main clan leaders, making themselves formidable, or other reasons), the main village in my lore is the biggest one. There are a few other areas that are also not being currently fought in (two of my dragons run an inn between major towns, for example).

Several dragons have their own specific job area they are in charge of and everyone else will swap between jobs every week if they don't have a specialty/focus area. One of the exceptions is Lasso who runs a tavern.

One of the dragons in the lair has been a vagrant most of his adult life due to a debt he owes. He thinks he may have found shelter in the village and a place to settle down finally, but unbeknownst to him, a mercenary was hired to take him out, and she's also found her way into the village, carefully following him and building up trust with the locals. I'm also debating on having her be the focal point as to why war started - I'm thinking she killed a high-ranking leader of a major clan and it lead to finger-pointing before evolving into all-out war.
Making a thread in hopes that I may actually maintain it.

1. Introduction/Directory -- a directory to posts. maybe a summary of lore?
2. Lair Locations -- where my dragons are located.
3. Areas of the Village + Residents -- dragons are sorted by color currently so this will be used to help organize + show where various dragons live.
4. Lair Backstory -- how things came to be in this world.
5. Outside Clans -- groups and places of interest outside of the village.

Copy+paste summary from thread:
I'm slowly working on it and simplifying it. Right now, the idea I have is that my lair is home to a sprawling village with various dragon residents. War has been happening between rival dragon factions for a long time, but a specific dragon with a lot of political pull + money to burn ends up bribing the main clan leaders to leave this specific area of land alone, turning it into one of the largest sanctuaries amongst the war-torn land.

There are other villages that have been left alone (whether led by one of the main clan leaders, making themselves formidable, or other reasons), the main village in my lore is the biggest one. There are a few other areas that are also not being currently fought in (two of my dragons run an inn between major towns, for example).

Several dragons have their own specific job area they are in charge of and everyone else will swap between jobs every week if they don't have a specialty/focus area. One of the exceptions is Lasso who runs a tavern.

One of the dragons in the lair has been a vagrant most of his adult life due to a debt he owes. He thinks he may have found shelter in the village and a place to settle down finally, but unbeknownst to him, a mercenary was hired to take him out, and she's also found her way into the village, carefully following him and building up trust with the locals. I'm also debating on having her be the focal point as to why war started - I'm thinking she killed a high-ranking leader of a major clan and it lead to finger-pointing before evolving into all-out war.
16032.png Unbred G1 doubles for sale

Characters for sale - 25% off
Lair Locations

The Village [TBN] || The major location where most of my lair lives.
A beacon of peace in the middle of a war-torn land.

The Inn [TBN] || A wayside inn between several small towns.
text

The Expanse || The sky above where those who are not of dragonkind reside.
text

Unnamed Main Clan || One of the major clans involved in the war.
text
Lair Locations

The Village [TBN] || The major location where most of my lair lives.
A beacon of peace in the middle of a war-torn land.

The Inn [TBN] || A wayside inn between several small towns.
text

The Expanse || The sky above where those who are not of dragonkind reside.
text

Unnamed Main Clan || One of the major clans involved in the war.
text

Locations of the Village

The village is an extremely large swathe of land where the dragons reside. However, only around half of this is made up of homes. The other half is taken up by fields, farm animals, and businesses.
Locations of the Village

The village is an extremely large swathe of land where the dragons reside. However, only around half of this is made up of homes. The other half is taken up by fields, farm animals, and businesses.

c
c

c
c

c
c