Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [P] Stormsurge - a Coli Quest
1 2
[center][font=constantia]day 7 funds: 2,164t 234g shadow egg sold!! a few more lucky drops like that and i'll be well on my way to fully geneing and stoning these guys :) helps that it's fest week too, i'm definitely looking forward to selling currency stacks and chests. day 7 part 2 [item=tertiary gene: flecks] another good drop :) hopefully if that sells i can grab another elim.[/font][/center]
day 7

funds: 2,164t 234g

shadow egg sold!! a few more lucky drops like that and i'll be well on my way to fully geneing and stoning these guys :) helps that it's fest week too, i'm definitely looking forward to selling currency stacks and chests.

day 7 part 2

Tertiary Gene: Flecks

another good drop :) hopefully if that sells i can grab another elim.
fGQF4Sv.png
Congrats on the egg drop and funds!! Hopefully the festival gets some more money your way. Are you going for another eliminate first or some scrolls?
Congrats on the egg drop and funds!! Hopefully the festival gets some more money your way. Are you going for another eliminate first or some scrolls?
G1 Gene Projects
Wishlist
   Breed out the Basic
For Sale
   Banescale STP/Rainbow Challenge
@SapphireElegy thanks!

i think i've decided i want to focus on speed above anything else (especially if i keep getting lucky with drops), so elims will be next, and then scrolls :)
@SapphireElegy thanks!

i think i've decided i want to focus on speed above anything else (especially if i keep getting lucky with drops), so elims will be next, and then scrolls :)
fGQF4Sv.png
[center][font=constantia]day 8 funds: 21,268t 251g didn't do much yesterday, i'll probably get a bit more done today :) definitely wanna make the most of the fest! day 8 part 2 oh my god ANOTHER one!! [item=unhatched water egg] i guess that's what happens when you're constantly in coli, lol. well when that one sells, that's my third elim taken care of! after that time to grab berserkers and rallys and get started geneing :)[/font][/center]
day 8

funds: 21,268t 251g

didn't do much yesterday, i'll probably get a bit more done today :) definitely wanna make the most of the fest!

day 8 part 2

oh my god ANOTHER one!!

Unhatched Water Egg

i guess that's what happens when you're constantly in coli, lol. well when that one sells, that's my third elim taken care of! after that time to grab berserkers and rallys and get started geneing :)
fGQF4Sv.png
day 9

funds: 17,385t 6g

bought a berserker and a haste yesterday and had some interesting minor coli drops along with the egg. i'm excited to keep going! tbh, if i find that i can level and gene these guys in a relatively reasonable time frame, i might do it again and just sell the resulting dergs to fund my hatchery or donate them for dom stuff :)
day 9

funds: 17,385t 6g

bought a berserker and a haste yesterday and had some interesting minor coli drops along with the egg. i'm excited to keep going! tbh, if i find that i can level and gene these guys in a relatively reasonable time frame, i might do it again and just sell the resulting dergs to fund my hatchery or donate them for dom stuff :)
fGQF4Sv.png
[center][font=constantia]day 10 funds: 35,192t 167g i had this guy drop yesterday [item=featherback boar] and had no idea they sell for more than eggs typically! at least, that one did yesterday lol. i was able to breed change swell and i'm getting closer and closer to everyone being fully stoned--i just need rallies for everyone now. the more i think about it, the more i really do like this as a general money making idea, especially because in the future i can just buy up some cute fodder so all money would go into stoning them, and any other profits would go right into my hatchery.[/font][/center]
day 10

funds: 35,192t 167g

i had this guy drop yesterday

Featherback Boar

and had no idea they sell for more than eggs typically! at least, that one did yesterday lol. i was able to breed change swell and i'm getting closer and closer to everyone being fully stoned--i just need rallies for everyone now.

the more i think about it, the more i really do like this as a general money making idea, especially because in the future i can just buy up some cute fodder so all money would go into stoning them, and any other profits would go right into my hatchery.
fGQF4Sv.png
[center][font=constantia]challenge completion and next steps still day 10: the team reached level 25 today! obviously they are not all finished yet, but i wanted to do a little write up on them and give some thoughts on the challenge. what i learned[/font] [LIST] [*][font=constantia]i sort of already knew this, but the toughest venues, with a team starting from level one, are ALWAYS the first three. lots of refreshing, and the drops are not as good.[/font] [*][font=constantia]i was expecting to want to/feel the need to max fairgrounds every day in order to fund things and i am NOT a fairgrounds person, but i only ended up doing it i think three days in a row to get my first elim? after that everything else was funded from drops[/font] [*][font=constantia]the very first time i leveled a team to 25, i had only been playing for a few days. this was honestly how i got a really good start in fr because i got a lot of good drops and was able to make bank, and then i could farm fests and stuff easily. because i started during night of the nocturne, and also because i was super new and didn't know how to price things/what to sell/what to open, i've never been totally sure if i just got lucky or if the drops from fully leveling a team are generally that good. having now done it several times but this time having actually tracked spending/drops/purchases, i think i can confidently say that it's pretty easy to get at least three lucky drops going all the way to 25. and of course, mass hoardselling the other stuff and selling the mid level drops made me plenty of treasure as well.[/font] [*][font=constantia]for this first time i really wanted to fully stone all of these guys, but in the future i think i'll skip haste and rally as being generally unnecessary on a farming team.[/font] [*][font=constantia]i did go backwards to complete the wavecrest saturnalia challenge, and i wonder how much that affected my speed in leveling, how much it slowed me down or if it even made me faster (bc of fewer refreshes). i'm curious about how this will go in other runs (also in runs where i'm not recording drops for coli slams)[/font] [*][font=constantia]in the same vein, i didn't want to skew profit results too much by selling fest currency stacks, so i only just listed them. i got nearly seven stacks between coli and dailies. i'm okay with this now since i probably will not be geneing dragons extensively in the future if/when i do this again.[/font] [/LIST] [font=constantia]IN CONCLUSION: i'm going to wait till all the things i have listed now sell (cause there's a lot lol) and then use those profits to gene these guys to the extent that i can. if it doesn't cover all of them, then it's back to coli to grind for more stuff to gene them. i think i will do this again, starting with a full team of three fodder rescues and selling them off once they're done. i know there's much easier ways to make money and so this is likely going to be a bit of a vanity project, but it'll be good for my adhd. i love coli but i do get sick of looking at the same dragons all the time, which is why i've leveled so many teams before this, lol. this will also give me the benefit of not getting sick of looking at my permas when i do bring them out for fests and stuff :) i think i'm going to start a thread to record those exploits as this one was super fun! i'm going to continue to give updates here until these three are fully gened. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94109266][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/941093/94109266.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/94134175][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/941342/94134175.png[/img][/url][url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/93127905][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/avatars/931280/93127905.png[/img][/url][/font][/center]
challenge completion and next steps

still day 10: the team reached level 25 today! obviously they are not all finished yet, but i wanted to do a little write up on them and give some thoughts on the challenge.

what i learned

• i sort of already knew this, but the toughest venues, with a team starting from level one, are ALWAYS the first three. lots of refreshing, and the drops are not as good.
  • i was expecting to want to/feel the need to max fairgrounds every day in order to fund things and i am NOT a fairgrounds person, but i only ended up doing it i think three days in a row to get my first elim? after that everything else was funded from drops
  • the very first time i leveled a team to 25, i had only been playing for a few days. this was honestly how i got a really good start in fr because i got a lot of good drops and was able to make bank, and then i could farm fests and stuff easily. because i started during night of the nocturne, and also because i was super new and didn't know how to price things/what to sell/what to open, i've never been totally sure if i just got lucky or if the drops from fully leveling a team are generally that good. having now done it several times but this time having actually tracked spending/drops/purchases, i think i can confidently say that it's pretty easy to get at least three lucky drops going all the way to 25. and of course, mass hoardselling the other stuff and selling the mid level drops made me plenty of treasure as well.
  • for this first time i really wanted to fully stone all of these guys, but in the future i think i'll skip haste and rally as being generally unnecessary on a farming team.
  • i did go backwards to complete the wavecrest saturnalia challenge, and i wonder how much that affected my speed in leveling, how much it slowed me down or if it even made me faster (bc of fewer refreshes). i'm curious about how this will go in other runs (also in runs where i'm not recording drops for coli slams)
  • in the same vein, i didn't want to skew profit results too much by selling fest currency stacks, so i only just listed them. i got nearly seven stacks between coli and dailies. i'm okay with this now since i probably will not be geneing dragons extensively in the future if/when i do this again.

IN CONCLUSION:

i'm going to wait till all the things i have listed now sell (cause there's a lot lol) and then use those profits to gene these guys to the extent that i can. if it doesn't cover all of them, then it's back to coli to grind for more stuff to gene them.

i think i will do this again, starting with a full team of three fodder rescues and selling them off once they're done. i know there's much easier ways to make money and so this is likely going to be a bit of a vanity project, but it'll be good for my adhd. i love coli but i do get sick of looking at the same dragons all the time, which is why i've leveled so many teams before this, lol. this will also give me the benefit of not getting sick of looking at my permas when i do bring them out for fests and stuff :)

i think i'm going to start a thread to record those exploits as this one was super fun!

i'm going to continue to give updates here until these three are fully gened.

94109266.png94134175.png93127905.png
fGQF4Sv.png
Nice! I like grinding with a brand new team, it gets me to visit all of the places I never go.
Nice! I like grinding with a brand new team, it gets me to visit all of the places I never go.
lMBDwvo.png
That felt so quick, congrats on getting them all to level 25! Hopefully you're able to at least get them close to how you wanted their final appearances to look.
That felt so quick, congrats on getting them all to level 25! Hopefully you're able to at least get them close to how you wanted their final appearances to look.
G1 Gene Projects
Wishlist
   Breed out the Basic
For Sale
   Banescale STP/Rainbow Challenge
today i had a coli gene sell for 900g so i was able to buy a ton of stuff! swell is now fully gened and has a silhouette scroll, and i was able to breed change and get a secondary on sulva. not far off from geneing all of them :)
today i had a coli gene sell for 900g so i was able to buy a ton of stuff! swell is now fully gened and has a silhouette scroll, and i was able to breed change and get a secondary on sulva. not far off from geneing all of them :)
fGQF4Sv.png
1 2