Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Cassius Castle [Clan Lore]
welcome to cassius castle, please follow me...

a thread on the story of my clan and how everything works!

table of contents
i. about
ii. lair & territory
iii. visual representation
iv. tabs / dragons
v. extra information

.'+ about me +'.
hello! my name is aqua or moon, i'm 23 use he/him & they/them, i enjoy writing, rambling about my dragons & video games!

please do not post on this thread, if you'd like to ask me about my lore or anything of the sort i ask that you dm me instead! I'd be happy to talk about it (i probably won't shut up lmao), this will mostly be full of headcanons, short stories and a layout of my lair so I can get a visual grasp on everything.

.'+ about lore +'.
Cassius Castle was built several centuries ago, while it is truly unknown who built the original castle some suggest that a young god built it as a gift to his future wife, however as beautiful as she was paranoia would take hold of her heart and she would kill the young god causing the moon to crash where the castle stood killing her and reclaiming him, the gods spirit would flourish and put the moon back in its place and the castle was rebuilt... Those who lived in the castle would celebrate the moon, always ruled by someone with immense connections and power and this would go on for as long as dragons could remember...

Overtime this power was eventually lost and it became abandoned until the Cassius family inherited it and would live within it for generations to come.

Once ruled by King Darian & Queen Aurelia, they gave birth to a little wildclaw called Flynn not only were they bad parents they were bad rulers. It lead to their deaths and Flynn became the rightful owner of the castle and a direct connection to the moon god centuries ago, thus restoring the castles original purpose.
welcome to cassius castle, please follow me...

a thread on the story of my clan and how everything works!

table of contents
i. about
ii. lair & territory
iii. visual representation
iv. tabs / dragons
v. extra information

.'+ about me +'.
hello! my name is aqua or moon, i'm 23 use he/him & they/them, i enjoy writing, rambling about my dragons & video games!

please do not post on this thread, if you'd like to ask me about my lore or anything of the sort i ask that you dm me instead! I'd be happy to talk about it (i probably won't shut up lmao), this will mostly be full of headcanons, short stories and a layout of my lair so I can get a visual grasp on everything.

.'+ about lore +'.
Cassius Castle was built several centuries ago, while it is truly unknown who built the original castle some suggest that a young god built it as a gift to his future wife, however as beautiful as she was paranoia would take hold of her heart and she would kill the young god causing the moon to crash where the castle stood killing her and reclaiming him, the gods spirit would flourish and put the moon back in its place and the castle was rebuilt... Those who lived in the castle would celebrate the moon, always ruled by someone with immense connections and power and this would go on for as long as dragons could remember...

Overtime this power was eventually lost and it became abandoned until the Cassius family inherited it and would live within it for generations to come.

Once ruled by King Darian & Queen Aurelia, they gave birth to a little wildclaw called Flynn not only were they bad parents they were bad rulers. It lead to their deaths and Flynn became the rightful owner of the castle and a direct connection to the moon god centuries ago, thus restoring the castles original purpose.
[center] [font=goudy][size=5][color=#925585][b]lair & territory[/b][/color][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/JrFkVto.png[/img] [/center] [indent][font=goudy][size=4][color=#925585][b] .'+ location 1. Cassius Castle -[/b][/color][/size] [font=tahoma] this is where the castle stands, it sits proudly on top of the large cliff while the village sits neatly against it almost like a comforting blanket. [font=goudy][size=4][color=#925585][b] .'+ location 2. Ruins of Sunov -[/b][/color][/size] [font=tahoma] a once lively town that was ravaged by both an unknown disease and its own residents, those who come here are either really brave or really stupid. [font=goudy][size=4][color=#925585][b] .'+ location 3 & 4. Owned Territory -[/b][/color][/size] [font=tahoma] territory that the castle and its residents own, this is used as hunting & fishing grounds and the beach is used for festivals and communal activities (if the weather is okay).
lair & territory

JrFkVto.png
.'+ location 1. Cassius Castle - this is where the castle stands, it sits proudly on top of the large cliff while the village sits neatly against it almost like a comforting blanket.
.'+ location 2. Ruins of Sunov - a once lively town that was ravaged by both an unknown disease and its own residents, those who come here are either really brave or really stupid.
.'+ location 3 & 4. Owned Territory - territory that the castle and its residents own, this is used as hunting & fishing grounds and the beach is used for festivals and communal activities (if the weather is okay).
[center] [font=goudy][size=5][color=#925585][b]Visual Guide[/b][/color][/size] [/center] [indent][font=tahoma]taken from screenshots of dimitrescu castle & hyrule castle, i want to portray the lair as both comforting and homely yet still retains its regalness and importance to the society of the dragons with that underlying feeling that something just isn't right. The shift in atmosphere can definitely be felt, the village & community are tightly knit with genuine kindness and warmth but as you get closer towards the castle that feeling turns very quickly into dread and while the castle interior tries to portray that same warmth it's not as authentic, Callisto's tarot shop & fortune telling tent does provide a different kind of genuine warmth though. The bottom image is exactly how i imagine each morning and evening to look like, most of the time the night sky is clear with a glistening full moon but on the ocassion that a bloodmoon rises there's a reference for that! this will be constantly changed/updated![/font][/indent] [center] [font=goudy][size=4][color=#925585][b]interior & exterior inspo for the castle[/b][/color][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/qf8f6gQ.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/iVS9mZC.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/fxsPk2Y.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/6wC5usr.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/d5Fa8F5.png[/img] [/center]
Visual Guide
taken from screenshots of dimitrescu castle & hyrule castle, i want to portray the lair as both comforting and homely yet still retains its regalness and importance to the society of the dragons with that underlying feeling that something just isn't right.

The shift in atmosphere can definitely be felt, the village & community are tightly knit with genuine kindness and warmth but as you get closer towards the castle that feeling turns very quickly into dread and while the castle interior tries to portray that same warmth it's not as authentic, Callisto's tarot shop & fortune telling tent does provide a different kind of genuine warmth though.

The bottom image is exactly how i imagine each morning and evening to look like, most of the time the night sky is clear with a glistening full moon but on the ocassion that a bloodmoon rises there's a reference for that!

this will be constantly changed/updated!
interior & exterior inspo for the castle
qf8f6gQ.png iVS9mZC.png
fxsPk2Y.png 6wC5usr.png
d5Fa8F5.png
[center] [font=goudy][size=5][color=#925585][b]tab/dragon guide[/b][/color][/size] [img]https://i.imgur.com/eVQzh63.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/XWKjAgY.png[/img] [/center] [indent][font=goudy][size=4][color=#925585][b] .'+ tab 1. Sunset -[/b][/color][/size] [font=tahoma] dragons that have magical connections to the sunset; they're only active during this time, so they're very elusive to hold a conversation with. While they seem harmless, its unknown what their true intentions are. [font=goudy][size=4][color=#925585][b] .'+ tab 2. Eclipse -[/b][/color][/size] [font=tahoma] its extremely rare to catch these dragons with the average eye, they original only appeared during a full solar eclipse but now they wander outside the castle minding their own business. Maybe sit down and have a chat with them, they're not as scary as they look. [font=goudy][size=4][color=#925585][b] .'+ tab 3. Midnight -[/b][/color][/size] [font=tahoma] dragons that draw their power directly from the moon, it can increase and decrease depending on the cycle but even at their weakest they should not be messed with. They are of the highest caliber. [font=goudy][size=4][color=#925585][b] .'+ tab 4. Blood Moon -[/b][/color][/size] [font=tahoma] when a blood moon occurs, these dragons awaken. They haunt the castle and take pleasure in terrorizing the residents, that's what rumors say at least. No one's actually talked to any of these beings except one dragon and even they won't say a word. [font=goudy][size=4][color=#925585][b] .'+ tab 5. Sunrise -[/b][/color][/size] [font=tahoma] a lively and chatty group that are active at the crack of dawn, this group loves a good natter and while it takes some of them longer warm up than others, never underestimate these storytellers. They've always got something good to share. [font=goudy][size=4][color=#925585][b] .'+ tab 6. Starlings -[/b][/color][/size] [font=tahoma] residents of the village, they are a tight-knit community who very rarely welcome strangers. Mostly active during the day, these dragons let the stars give them power. [font=goudy][size=4][color=#925585][b] .'+ tab 7. Reflections - [/b][/color][/size] [font=tahoma] dragons that only appear when the moons reflection sits on the water. It is very rare to see these dragons up close, or even talk to them but they have a mutual bond with the village and thus have become a protected group.
tab/dragon guide

eVQzh63.png
XWKjAgY.png
.'+ tab 1. Sunset - dragons that have magical connections to the sunset; they're only active during this time, so they're very elusive to hold a conversation with. While they seem harmless, its unknown what their true intentions are.
.'+ tab 2. Eclipse - its extremely rare to catch these dragons with the average eye, they original only appeared during a full solar eclipse but now they wander outside the castle minding their own business. Maybe sit down and have a chat with them, they're not as scary as they look.
.'+ tab 3. Midnight - dragons that draw their power directly from the moon, it can increase and decrease depending on the cycle but even at their weakest they should not be messed with. They are of the highest caliber.
.'+ tab 4. Blood Moon - when a blood moon occurs, these dragons awaken. They haunt the castle and take pleasure in terrorizing the residents, that's what rumors say at least. No one's actually talked to any of these beings except one dragon and even they won't say a word.
.'+ tab 5. Sunrise - a lively and chatty group that are active at the crack of dawn, this group loves a good natter and while it takes some of them longer warm up than others, never underestimate these storytellers. They've always got something good to share.
.'+ tab 6. Starlings - residents of the village, they are a tight-knit community who very rarely welcome strangers. Mostly active during the day, these dragons let the stars give them power.
.'+ tab 7. Reflections - dragons that only appear when the moons reflection sits on the water. It is very rare to see these dragons up close, or even talk to them but they have a mutual bond with the village and thus have become a protected group.