Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Light Sprite be EXPENSIVE
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
As far as I'm concerned, the arguments for not rereleasing them get weaker every year and the prices get more and more extortionate. They really should have been in Joxar's from the get-go, the chances of getting anything good in that box are so low anyways.

And this is coming from someone who was here for Y1 fest and has owned three different light sprites over the years (I keep buying them for status and selling them when I remember theyre kinda ugly and do nothing)

I dunno. They've made everything else accessible on this site over the years - eyes, old festival stuff, baldwin allowing you to brew extras of one-off gifts - so apart from the legal stuff around kickstarter rewards, I have no idea why the sprites are off-limit.

BUT ignoring all that, man, 1300 dollar for little yellow goober. If only I'd had the power of foresight in that first light festival hahah
As far as I'm concerned, the arguments for not rereleasing them get weaker every year and the prices get more and more extortionate. They really should have been in Joxar's from the get-go, the chances of getting anything good in that box are so low anyways.

And this is coming from someone who was here for Y1 fest and has owned three different light sprites over the years (I keep buying them for status and selling them when I remember theyre kinda ugly and do nothing)

I dunno. They've made everything else accessible on this site over the years - eyes, old festival stuff, baldwin allowing you to brew extras of one-off gifts - so apart from the legal stuff around kickstarter rewards, I have no idea why the sprites are off-limit.

BUT ignoring all that, man, 1300 dollar for little yellow goober. If only I'd had the power of foresight in that first light festival hahah
Calathea-elderflower.png
I’m saving up for one and they’re actually 130kg if you buy through the forums, so not completely hopeless. I think.
I’m saving up for one and they’re actually 130kg if you buy through the forums, so not completely hopeless. I think.
mt8lr6s.png
[quote name="FlareFighters" date="2024-04-23 19:45:01" ] They need to rerelease the sprites for newer players already. [/quote] Why? We have Fiona to awaken them now. Like, the only thing it's good for can be done for free with patience.
FlareFighters wrote on 2024-04-23 19:45:01:
They need to rerelease the sprites for newer players already.
Why? We have Fiona to awaken them now. Like, the only thing it's good for can be done for free with patience.
I'm praying that they are added to Joxar's box next cycle! As it stands only top artists/skinmakers can easily acquire them or someone like the guy trying to buy a Boolean in paid gems
I'm praying that they are added to Joxar's box next cycle! As it stands only top artists/skinmakers can easily acquire them or someone like the guy trying to buy a Boolean in paid gems
thisaddefinitelydoesntminebitcoin.gif
[quote name="SnowingRoses" date="2024-04-23 19:57:55" ] @/Khuzdul They still have them pop up at Roundsey's every once in a while at least. [/quote] They, in fact, do not. They have before, but not for several months over a year now. And the price is at least 80kg higher then it should be (it’s increased that much in less than 2 yrs) because a singular individual price fixed them that way. No I don’t think having gatekeeper items that 98% of players don’t have a hope of getting because it has such a bad economy that one person can mess with it so extremely is adding flavor to the game. Let’s also point out that staff NEVER said those items were retiring until months after the fact. And in no official context only random FRD post. Also please give me a reason why all fest stuff isn’t in the all fest stuff box. I’ve never heard a good reason since they released them.
SnowingRoses wrote on 2024-04-23 19:57:55:
@/Khuzdul They still have them pop up at Roundsey's every once in a while at least.

They, in fact, do not. They have before, but not for several months over a year now. And the price is at least 80kg higher then it should be (it’s increased that much in less than 2 yrs) because a singular individual price fixed them that way. No I don’t think having gatekeeper items that 98% of players don’t have a hope of getting because it has such a bad economy that one person can mess with it so extremely is adding flavor to the game.

Let’s also point out that staff NEVER said those items were retiring until months after the fact. And in no official context only random FRD post.

Also please give me a reason why all fest stuff isn’t in the all fest stuff box. I’ve never heard a good reason since they released them.
gG13YVz.pngtumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
They're being sold for more than what I bought a Gilded Crown for just last month. It's crazy that a y1 fest item is at the same level as a KS. They really do need to rerelease them, it's not like it will suddenly be worth dirt if it was added to joxbox, just look at the Luminous Halo.
They're being sold for more than what I bought a Gilded Crown for just last month. It's crazy that a y1 fest item is at the same level as a KS. They really do need to rerelease them, it's not like it will suddenly be worth dirt if it was added to joxbox, just look at the Luminous Halo.
bantam-Fanger.png
NefariousKing #221629

FR+2 | Bestiary Completionist
small dragon banner by Caprexes
Hmm...idk, maybe I am just biased, but I don't really see why anything further than having the sprites available through raffles is really "needed". That keeps them from going full Boolean status, which I think is fair enough. It's not impossible to get one.

I purchased a Light sprite in the last year or so, and I certainly did not pay over $1000 real dollars for it lmao. I am also not an artist and don't sell any services. I just got it from playing the game and saving. To be fair, I was boosted by having other sprites in my inventory that I could sell, but that was just like 20% of the total cost or something. The other roughly 80% was from the AH, fairgrounds, and exalting. And I have a full time job and friends.

That said, 150kg is more than it's really worth considering more were made available via raffle. But if people are willing to pay for it, then it is what it is I guess. I personally would get bored of playing if there weren't big, rare collection goals to work towards. If the value of my Light sprite depreciated, I wouldn't really care because I plan on never selling it and the saving process in itself was still fun for me, but I would hope that SOMETHING would remain in that upper tier for collectors.
Hmm...idk, maybe I am just biased, but I don't really see why anything further than having the sprites available through raffles is really "needed". That keeps them from going full Boolean status, which I think is fair enough. It's not impossible to get one.

I purchased a Light sprite in the last year or so, and I certainly did not pay over $1000 real dollars for it lmao. I am also not an artist and don't sell any services. I just got it from playing the game and saving. To be fair, I was boosted by having other sprites in my inventory that I could sell, but that was just like 20% of the total cost or something. The other roughly 80% was from the AH, fairgrounds, and exalting. And I have a full time job and friends.

That said, 150kg is more than it's really worth considering more were made available via raffle. But if people are willing to pay for it, then it is what it is I guess. I personally would get bored of playing if there weren't big, rare collection goals to work towards. If the value of my Light sprite depreciated, I wouldn't really care because I plan on never selling it and the saving process in itself was still fun for me, but I would hope that SOMETHING would remain in that upper tier for collectors.
4Ahxw5q.png

a69iToJ.png
mlHpBMC.png
FObX7rS.png

h7pejHd.gif
i bought my light sprite for 70kg in april of 2022, it had ballooned to 100kg pretty shortly after because of the user who was price fixing (and i'd paid a couple thousand more than the sale before me). they were open about doing so too, pretty sure they poured irl money into purchasing their multiple copies too. if someone can reconfirm that last part for me i'd really appreciate it since again this happened 2 years ago. sure the other sprites or apparels have seen natural inflation over time but the light sprite was purposeful.

also yes 150kg is more expensive than all 4 ks apparels unless some sale went through in the last few days i missed, i checked on the nonzero chance i won the crown from roundsey.
i bought my light sprite for 70kg in april of 2022, it had ballooned to 100kg pretty shortly after because of the user who was price fixing (and i'd paid a couple thousand more than the sale before me). they were open about doing so too, pretty sure they poured irl money into purchasing their multiple copies too. if someone can reconfirm that last part for me i'd really appreciate it since again this happened 2 years ago. sure the other sprites or apparels have seen natural inflation over time but the light sprite was purposeful.

also yes 150kg is more expensive than all 4 ks apparels unless some sale went through in the last few days i missed, i checked on the nonzero chance i won the crown from roundsey.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
For anyone who's seriously looking into buying Light Sprites, I'd like to add that it's better to do this on the forums. In the past few months, several have sold in the 130k - 135k g range. I saw two sell for ~110k g late last year.

The AH prices are quite inflated. Forum surfing is painful, but the payoff is worth it if you're actually looking to buy.

[EDIT]: Whoops, missed @\alakatzam's post, I repeated nearly the same thing!
For anyone who's seriously looking into buying Light Sprites, I'd like to add that it's better to do this on the forums. In the past few months, several have sold in the 130k - 135k g range. I saw two sell for ~110k g late last year.

The AH prices are quite inflated. Forum surfing is painful, but the payoff is worth it if you're actually looking to buy.

[EDIT]: Whoops, missed @\alakatzam's post, I repeated nearly the same thing!
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
the items being gatekept to the point where new players will never, ever be able to get them is sad

i get kickstarter items to some extent but even then most kickstarter backers i've seen really would not mind if the ks items went back into the pool

but no nonkickstarter item should be that high its just unreasonable for a dragon collection game
the items being gatekept to the point where new players will never, ever be able to get them is sad

i get kickstarter items to some extent but even then most kickstarter backers i've seen really would not mind if the ks items went back into the pool

but no nonkickstarter item should be that high its just unreasonable for a dragon collection game
1bmIQLP.png
CUqoYIR.png
hvZ3oWr.png
OdNEyUV.png
UedbVG7.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9