Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | An ancient Return (1x1)
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17
"I understand." Regulus said. "She is going to have to be very careful to avoid trouble. But let us hope she was able to learn something to help us and then return to the clan." He trying to bring up positive ideas in order to help the clan leader Aquil not stress more. They could not control what happened to Fairlith in the Queen's clan...

It seemed like the queen was very... nice? Minus a grudge against Aries for being a thief, she was not angered or anything against Fairlith. Even the dragons all around Fairlith didn't approach when the queen mentioned she was from the thief's clan.

It was a very unusual situation, the two headed dragon didn't demand to know where Aries was, she seemingly being very neutral. Perhaps Fairlith could in fact learn about the queen and from her?

Ranna looked at her curiously and then looked at the queen. She was silent, allowing the queen to speak to the new curious dragon.
"I understand." Regulus said. "She is going to have to be very careful to avoid trouble. But let us hope she was able to learn something to help us and then return to the clan." He trying to bring up positive ideas in order to help the clan leader Aquil not stress more. They could not control what happened to Fairlith in the Queen's clan...

It seemed like the queen was very... nice? Minus a grudge against Aries for being a thief, she was not angered or anything against Fairlith. Even the dragons all around Fairlith didn't approach when the queen mentioned she was from the thief's clan.

It was a very unusual situation, the two headed dragon didn't demand to know where Aries was, she seemingly being very neutral. Perhaps Fairlith could in fact learn about the queen and from her?

Ranna looked at her curiously and then looked at the queen. She was silent, allowing the queen to speak to the new curious dragon.
“I hope.” Aquil muttered, sighing. This was a lot to handle. Actually the whole queen situation was getting too much. Every new step forward only opened up more questions.

———

“Are you here to tell me where the thieves are hiding?” The queen continued, turning back to the matter at hand. “You know they could come here, apologize, and we could just sort this out. I’ve learned from some of these dragons here that violence is no longer the solution in this current generation.”

Internally Fairlith thought: Lindheimer was much more willing, but Aries? NOPE. Not even with the promise of treasure or gems could get him to approach the queen!

“It’s about something worse.” She began, sorting her thoughts out. “It’s not just about you, it’s about the whole world…”

And thus, she began explaining the potential war coming if the clans continued to fear the queen. The missing dragons. The dangerous outcome of the war if it were to happen. The queen listened, her two heads nodding and in deep thought. Some of the dragons around Fairlith were beginning to fear her words.
“I hope.” Aquil muttered, sighing. This was a lot to handle. Actually the whole queen situation was getting too much. Every new step forward only opened up more questions.

———

“Are you here to tell me where the thieves are hiding?” The queen continued, turning back to the matter at hand. “You know they could come here, apologize, and we could just sort this out. I’ve learned from some of these dragons here that violence is no longer the solution in this current generation.”

Internally Fairlith thought: Lindheimer was much more willing, but Aries? NOPE. Not even with the promise of treasure or gems could get him to approach the queen!

“It’s about something worse.” She began, sorting her thoughts out. “It’s not just about you, it’s about the whole world…”

And thus, she began explaining the potential war coming if the clans continued to fear the queen. The missing dragons. The dangerous outcome of the war if it were to happen. The queen listened, her two heads nodding and in deep thought. Some of the dragons around Fairlith were beginning to fear her words.
xpxalNl.gif
More questions and no answers... now Fairlith is with the queen asking questions about the idea of the queen returning, but also her ability to grow an army so quickly.

A war? It was hard to imagine, the queen's dragons who are able to think above mindlessness are already worried, but now a dragon comes and mentions that clans may be against the queen?

But then there was the thieves, could peace truly happen if they apologize to her? She had been angered easily before, yet when she first awoke She had taken Ranna away from the expedition immediately when She apologized for the statue shattering from being knocked over by the Aether dragon.

Ranna stood beside the two headed dragon as she was talking, she was quiet as they were thinking about what the mysterious skydancer mentioned.
More questions and no answers... now Fairlith is with the queen asking questions about the idea of the queen returning, but also her ability to grow an army so quickly.

A war? It was hard to imagine, the queen's dragons who are able to think above mindlessness are already worried, but now a dragon comes and mentions that clans may be against the queen?

But then there was the thieves, could peace truly happen if they apologize to her? She had been angered easily before, yet when she first awoke She had taken Ranna away from the expedition immediately when She apologized for the statue shattering from being knocked over by the Aether dragon.

Ranna stood beside the two headed dragon as she was talking, she was quiet as they were thinking about what the mysterious skydancer mentioned.
Unknown to the Aeries, the queen was… actually trying to be peaceful and not use violence as the answer to everything. But considering the impression she left on them that seemed like a crazy myth.

———

Noticing her dragons cowering in fear of war, the queen lowered her heads to be at their level. “It’ll be alright, it might not happen, it’s just a possibility.” She softly said, reassuring the dragons around.

Fairlith stared blankly at the sight of the queen. Yes these dragons were ripped out of their home clans (she assumed they were) but the queen cared for them. She was worried about them, even if they were her mindless… puppets. In Fairlith’s head this sounded wrong.

“I don’t want to loose these dragons to a war…” the queen muttered, sheltering a group of frightened faes under her wing. “Look at these tiny dragons! They weren’t around in my time… they’re so tiny and cute! I don’t want them to fight against a war and risk their lives!”

Fairlith made a mental note in her head: the queen loves faes.
Unknown to the Aeries, the queen was… actually trying to be peaceful and not use violence as the answer to everything. But considering the impression she left on them that seemed like a crazy myth.

———

Noticing her dragons cowering in fear of war, the queen lowered her heads to be at their level. “It’ll be alright, it might not happen, it’s just a possibility.” She softly said, reassuring the dragons around.

Fairlith stared blankly at the sight of the queen. Yes these dragons were ripped out of their home clans (she assumed they were) but the queen cared for them. She was worried about them, even if they were her mindless… puppets. In Fairlith’s head this sounded wrong.

“I don’t want to loose these dragons to a war…” the queen muttered, sheltering a group of frightened faes under her wing. “Look at these tiny dragons! They weren’t around in my time… they’re so tiny and cute! I don’t want them to fight against a war and risk their lives!”

Fairlith made a mental note in her head: the queen loves faes.
xpxalNl.gif
It was certainly a change no one expected in the clan. Especially as the queen had immediately began to expand her empire and conquer clans with ease.

It was an odd situation, the two headed dragon was afraid of the dragons being harmed or lost in battle, despite being in battle weeks prior to Fairlith arriving. The queen certainly has changed her mind on many things as She met dragons who were brought to the kingdom.

There was also so many dragons all around too... many working around them as they spoke on rewriting the mural and working despite the news of war being mentioned. Even though many dragons were puppets some seemed to actually be worried...

Ranna looked at the queen as she walked to her. She found herself wrapped in her wings too as the queen was talking about Ranna herself now to Fairlith. But at least Fairlith knew something new, the queen was not as ruthless as the first encounter had been... perhaps peace was possible?
It was certainly a change no one expected in the clan. Especially as the queen had immediately began to expand her empire and conquer clans with ease.

It was an odd situation, the two headed dragon was afraid of the dragons being harmed or lost in battle, despite being in battle weeks prior to Fairlith arriving. The queen certainly has changed her mind on many things as She met dragons who were brought to the kingdom.

There was also so many dragons all around too... many working around them as they spoke on rewriting the mural and working despite the news of war being mentioned. Even though many dragons were puppets some seemed to actually be worried...

Ranna looked at the queen as she walked to her. She found herself wrapped in her wings too as the queen was talking about Ranna herself now to Fairlith. But at least Fairlith knew something new, the queen was not as ruthless as the first encounter had been... perhaps peace was possible?
Now that the talk with Regulus was over, Aries had time to think about what he knew so far.

Fairlith was with the queen. Who knows what she is doing right now, she could be in captivity, demanding to know where the thieves are.

———

Fairlith watched the queen reassure her army, treating each one as if they were her biological children.

“I came here to help you protect your dragons.” She explained, picking up a fae from under the queen’s wing. The small fae quivered at the sight of the skydancer, but otherwise remained calm and didn’t try to attack as Fairlith held the tiny dragon in her claws.

“If the other clans can realize that you’re not evil, they’ll be willing to accept trade offers and open up more alliances.” She continued to explain, as more dragons stopped working to see what was going on with the strange dragon. “I want to learn about your story, so that dragons can know the truth.”

Sure there was the mural that was being worked on, but it only showed fragments of her story as told by her followers from years ago and the present day. If Fairlith wanted the true story she needed to ask the queen herself.
Now that the talk with Regulus was over, Aries had time to think about what he knew so far.

Fairlith was with the queen. Who knows what she is doing right now, she could be in captivity, demanding to know where the thieves are.

———

Fairlith watched the queen reassure her army, treating each one as if they were her biological children.

“I came here to help you protect your dragons.” She explained, picking up a fae from under the queen’s wing. The small fae quivered at the sight of the skydancer, but otherwise remained calm and didn’t try to attack as Fairlith held the tiny dragon in her claws.

“If the other clans can realize that you’re not evil, they’ll be willing to accept trade offers and open up more alliances.” She continued to explain, as more dragons stopped working to see what was going on with the strange dragon. “I want to learn about your story, so that dragons can know the truth.”

Sure there was the mural that was being worked on, but it only showed fragments of her story as told by her followers from years ago and the present day. If Fairlith wanted the true story she needed to ask the queen herself.
xpxalNl.gif
It was a possibility, but Regulus was also busy, he trying to figure out what was going on with the idea himself, if Fairlith is indeed being questioned by the queen, then would she actually tell her where the clan is?

It was worrying, he increasing patrols and dragons of the clan were working longer hours to prepare for any possible invasion from the queen.

The queen herself? It could be a true history lesson... Fairlith and Ranna so far the only nice dragons that the queen met. The only difference currently is that the queen bit Ranna upon meeting her.

However the army is obviously worried, and then the queen herself is trying to protect them. It was very strange to see after the queen had conquered almost three clans and then seemingly had ancient dragons flocking to the tomb to work here too.

But if Fairlith could actually help, would the queen accept? Tell her about the past and plans for the future? Would Fairlith join the Queen herself?
It was a possibility, but Regulus was also busy, he trying to figure out what was going on with the idea himself, if Fairlith is indeed being questioned by the queen, then would she actually tell her where the clan is?

It was worrying, he increasing patrols and dragons of the clan were working longer hours to prepare for any possible invasion from the queen.

The queen herself? It could be a true history lesson... Fairlith and Ranna so far the only nice dragons that the queen met. The only difference currently is that the queen bit Ranna upon meeting her.

However the army is obviously worried, and then the queen herself is trying to protect them. It was very strange to see after the queen had conquered almost three clans and then seemingly had ancient dragons flocking to the tomb to work here too.

But if Fairlith could actually help, would the queen accept? Tell her about the past and plans for the future? Would Fairlith join the Queen herself?
With the number of patrols increasing all of a sudden (and for good reasons, Aries thought for once) the wildclaw was left alone, which he enjoyed.

News about Fairlith seemed to still linger among the dragons. Some were worried that the queen might be coming straight for them in a massive attack that… well it won’t go well.

Or maybe it would just be simple. The queen comes, plucks Aries out, and then leave with no explanation.

If she got here that is.

———

The Queen looked at Fairlith confused. This skydancer just comes in unannounced, asks to see her, and then explains that she wants to help?

For the queen, this was the second modern day dragon who has shown respect to the queen. The others needed a bit of convincing (in the form of being bitten) to be on her side, yet Fairlith showed no sign of fear. The opposite.

“It’ll be alright, you can go back to your workstations.” The queen told her army, as the faes under her wing fluttered off and dragons all around moved out of the way. “Please, come with me. I can tell you my story as it should be told, because the murals are now too old to tell the truth.”
With the number of patrols increasing all of a sudden (and for good reasons, Aries thought for once) the wildclaw was left alone, which he enjoyed.

News about Fairlith seemed to still linger among the dragons. Some were worried that the queen might be coming straight for them in a massive attack that… well it won’t go well.

Or maybe it would just be simple. The queen comes, plucks Aries out, and then leave with no explanation.

If she got here that is.

———

The Queen looked at Fairlith confused. This skydancer just comes in unannounced, asks to see her, and then explains that she wants to help?

For the queen, this was the second modern day dragon who has shown respect to the queen. The others needed a bit of convincing (in the form of being bitten) to be on her side, yet Fairlith showed no sign of fear. The opposite.

“It’ll be alright, you can go back to your workstations.” The queen told her army, as the faes under her wing fluttered off and dragons all around moved out of the way. “Please, come with me. I can tell you my story as it should be told, because the murals are now too old to tell the truth.”
xpxalNl.gif
It was what Regulus seemed to be trying to avoid, an invasion of unknown danger. He attempted to protect the dragons as best he could.

However he knows that patrols are also something else. His request for increasing production is something even his own clan has begun to complain about, as if a paranoia or too much for them in short time...

Ranna looked at the queen and Fairlith. She was not sure what to do. She had no work station herself. But only two dragons have been nice and respectful, perhaps Fairlith could be telling the truth?

But at least Fairlith could now hopefully get answers or at least form her own opinion, rather than the fear that they had back in the ashfall wastes where her clan remnants were.
It was what Regulus seemed to be trying to avoid, an invasion of unknown danger. He attempted to protect the dragons as best he could.

However he knows that patrols are also something else. His request for increasing production is something even his own clan has begun to complain about, as if a paranoia or too much for them in short time...

Ranna looked at the queen and Fairlith. She was not sure what to do. She had no work station herself. But only two dragons have been nice and respectful, perhaps Fairlith could be telling the truth?

But at least Fairlith could now hopefully get answers or at least form her own opinion, rather than the fear that they had back in the ashfall wastes where her clan remnants were.
Aries decided that maybe a short rest (which he barely did) would help things settle for him. So he went to his temporary ‘lair’, got comfy, then closed his eyes.

He shifted his position.

Again.

And again…

until he realized the more he tried to sleep the more he became worried.

Ugh this whole queen thing was stopping him from sleeping. He took a look around his surroundings, of dragons grumbling and dragging themselves with tiredness.

Maybe he should go out again and search for Fairlith…

And walk right where the queen wants him. Why was this so hard?

————

The Queen lead Fairlith and Ranna to her throne room, which thanks to the renovations done by the dragons was looking brand new, with dark stone and ruby red jewels adorning the massive throne. Off to the side on a pedestal was a Pearlcatcher’s pearl, which Fairlith (having now realized the pearl-less Ranna) assumed was Ranna’s pearl.

“Long ago my ancestors messed with magic too much, infusing our entire bloodline with magic.” The queen explained as she sat atop her throne, looking at the two modern day dragons below. “Any dragon we had bitten would become our loyal followers, no questions asked. Our ancestors used this ability to rapidly grow their army and their influence.”

“It was during my rule that I was gravely injured in a fatal battle, and I could live no longer. My army wanted to keep me alive, so they put me in a special kind of sleep that would heal my injuries, but would last for a long time. After I entered by hibernation… I’m not so sure about what happened. The army kind of… vanished.”

“But the original followers came back.” The queen gestured to a group of ancient dragons who were working in the distance. “They are the descendants of my original followers. It still seems like my influence lasted through generations and they came here after my awakening…”

Fairlith stared at the ancient dragons, feeling like they were familiar… were they the lost dragons?
Aries decided that maybe a short rest (which he barely did) would help things settle for him. So he went to his temporary ‘lair’, got comfy, then closed his eyes.

He shifted his position.

Again.

And again…

until he realized the more he tried to sleep the more he became worried.

Ugh this whole queen thing was stopping him from sleeping. He took a look around his surroundings, of dragons grumbling and dragging themselves with tiredness.

Maybe he should go out again and search for Fairlith…

And walk right where the queen wants him. Why was this so hard?

————

The Queen lead Fairlith and Ranna to her throne room, which thanks to the renovations done by the dragons was looking brand new, with dark stone and ruby red jewels adorning the massive throne. Off to the side on a pedestal was a Pearlcatcher’s pearl, which Fairlith (having now realized the pearl-less Ranna) assumed was Ranna’s pearl.

“Long ago my ancestors messed with magic too much, infusing our entire bloodline with magic.” The queen explained as she sat atop her throne, looking at the two modern day dragons below. “Any dragon we had bitten would become our loyal followers, no questions asked. Our ancestors used this ability to rapidly grow their army and their influence.”

“It was during my rule that I was gravely injured in a fatal battle, and I could live no longer. My army wanted to keep me alive, so they put me in a special kind of sleep that would heal my injuries, but would last for a long time. After I entered by hibernation… I’m not so sure about what happened. The army kind of… vanished.”

“But the original followers came back.” The queen gestured to a group of ancient dragons who were working in the distance. “They are the descendants of my original followers. It still seems like my influence lasted through generations and they came here after my awakening…”

Fairlith stared at the ancient dragons, feeling like they were familiar… were they the lost dragons?
xpxalNl.gif
1 2 ... 11 12 13 14 15 16 17