Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | What if the Dusthides looked like....
1 2 3 4
this? [img]https://i.ibb.co/4svdM5G/dusthide-f-edit.jpg[/img] [img]https://i.ibb.co/QnfGgGy/dusthide-m-edit.jpg[/img] DISCLAIMER because I'm worried people may take this the wrong way: I love the Dusthides and their bald little heads. I wondered how they'd look if they were a little more skink-like and I only made minor changes to the head and neck shape. This is NOT an attempt to "improve" the original/official Dusthide art, and this is just my subjective opinion. Please do not post any disparaging comments or criticism that [b]isn't constructive[/b]. what do you think?
this?

dusthide-f-edit.jpg
dusthide-m-edit.jpg

DISCLAIMER because I'm worried people may take this the wrong way:
I love the Dusthides and their bald little heads. I wondered how they'd look if they were a little more skink-like and I only made minor changes to the head and neck shape.
This is NOT an attempt to "improve" the original/official Dusthide art, and this is just my subjective opinion.
Please do not post any disparaging comments or criticism that isn't constructive.

what do you think?
basic-appreciation-club.png
Hm yeah, even rounder heads would've been cuter on them.
Hm yeah, even rounder heads would've been cuter on them.
[ Primals,Pastels,Darks&G1s lover - Chill - Calm ]

FMoJ9vk.pngxKIpW2A.png10Weczj.png

aura • straight • cis female • engaged • calm • friendly • silly • happy • poetic
02-IIMjz-EYx-M8.pngtfi-LZk8-Jw-YA5.pngN3pp-Tuc-Bib-NT.pngt-UDfq-Mi8jmg8.png
Very bluetongue skink core, as a bluey owner I dig this edit a lot.
Very bluetongue skink core, as a bluey owner I dig this edit a lot.
@gravitaxis
my bestie has a blue tongue skink, they're so precious. i love them dogs
@gravitaxis
my bestie has a blue tongue skink, they're so precious. i love them dogs
Oh yeah, that looks so much more pleasing. Less alien head shape and more lizard head shape.
Oh yeah, that looks so much more pleasing. Less alien head shape and more lizard head shape.
Book of Eldritch Horror
-Recall/Lucius/Michael
-He/They, +8 FR Time
-Lore and Fandragon enthusiast, love to talk!
-Wishlist! / Skin Idea Generator
Lurching Tome
I think it looks great! I like dusthides in general and have no problem with their baldness, but I'm also not fond the the sharp corner(?) of the female dusthide's head. Kinda looks like they have tortoise neck? Maybe it was staffs intention to make them look like tortoises, I don't know, it's just not aesthetically appealing to me. [img]https://www.travelandleisure.com/thmb/ff_7gz0qz69osbTv2_TyRaU1SZc=/750x0/filters:no_upscale():max_bytes(150000):strip_icc():format(webp)/tortoise-diego-espanola-island-RETIRED0120-928c1c9a8b4040199e5089344037930a.jpg[/img]
I think it looks great!

I like dusthides in general and have no problem with their baldness, but I'm also not fond the the sharp corner(?) of the female dusthide's head. Kinda looks like they have tortoise neck?
Maybe it was staffs intention to make them look like tortoises, I don't know, it's just not aesthetically appealing to me. tortoise-diego-espanola-island-RETIRED0120-928c1c9a8b4040199e5089344037930a.jpg
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
@zeruel
i mean i love tortoises and their snake-like head and neck

but the Dusthides don't really give me that impression >< maybe if their necks were loooooong? (that'd look funny, I wouldn't mind that either lmao)
@zeruel
i mean i love tortoises and their snake-like head and neck

but the Dusthides don't really give me that impression >< maybe if their necks were loooooong? (that'd look funny, I wouldn't mind that either lmao)
@Sucrechat I think the biggest reason it gives me tortoise impression is the sharp turn where their head connects to the neck, the neck is almost [I]under [/I] their head, while skinks or most other reptiles neck isn’t as long nor mobile, neck mostly sits [I]behind [/I] their head. The round shape, blunt snout also adds to the tortoise impression. Idk if this makes complete sense, it's just my personal feeling. [img]https://www.marylandzoo.org/wp-content/uploads/2019/11/Skink-Animal-Photo.jpg[/img]
@Sucrechat
I think the biggest reason it gives me tortoise impression is the sharp turn where their head connects to the neck, the neck is almost under their head, while skinks or most other reptiles neck isn’t as long nor mobile, neck mostly sits behind their head.
The round shape, blunt snout also adds to the tortoise impression.
Idk if this makes complete sense, it's just my personal feeling.
Skink-Animal-Photo.jpg
Just a heads-up: I usually delete the threads I made before it reaches 10 replies because I want to keep my forum history tidy.
@zeruel
yeah i totally get that, it makes sense
and if they leaned into the tortoise angle more, it'd make sense for an earth flight dragon! it doesn't seem like they intentionally went that route ><;;
@zeruel
yeah i totally get that, it makes sense
and if they leaned into the tortoise angle more, it'd make sense for an earth flight dragon! it doesn't seem like they intentionally went that route ><;;
I kinda like it a bit more, but the problem of the smoothness and lack of detailed texture is still there which is the main issue a lot of people have noticed
I kinda like it a bit more, but the problem of the smoothness and lack of detailed texture is still there which is the main issue a lot of people have noticed
01dcb6e24e7faa8f177f36434c4fba6a7f02ed03.gif
1 2 3 4