Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Dusthide Miscommunication
1 2 3 4
@eeep That's true, but this is more about the miscommunication the community is having towards the feelings about dusthides. They are cool, but I do see why some people are disappointed.

And sadly, while the linebreaking terts are amazing, there isn't any way to remove wings from a dragon that has wings. I think a lot of people were expecting their first wingless breed you know?

I like duskhides. I just noticed there seemed to be a miscommunication on what people were even disappointed about.
@eeep That's true, but this is more about the miscommunication the community is having towards the feelings about dusthides. They are cool, but I do see why some people are disappointed.

And sadly, while the linebreaking terts are amazing, there isn't any way to remove wings from a dragon that has wings. I think a lot of people were expecting their first wingless breed you know?

I like duskhides. I just noticed there seemed to be a miscommunication on what people were even disappointed about.
@Monako Sandsurges are wingless.
@Monako Sandsurges are wingless.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
@eeep I'd say it's debatable, their fans are so huge have a membrane that reads as wings. I believe people were thinking of something with a flat, scaled isopod spine.
@eeep I'd say it's debatable, their fans are so huge have a membrane that reads as wings. I believe people were thinking of something with a flat, scaled isopod spine.
"Sandsurge are a larger dragon breed with a sleek frame and massive horns. These dragons do not have the wings typical of most breeds, instead sporting a large webbed fan that runs down the length of their body. These membranous fans work to dissipate heat when above-ground, and to attract and harvest lightning strikes when just below."

By this standard Spinosaurus also has wings.
"Sandsurge are a larger dragon breed with a sleek frame and massive horns. These dragons do not have the wings typical of most breeds, instead sporting a large webbed fan that runs down the length of their body. These membranous fans work to dissipate heat when above-ground, and to attract and harvest lightning strikes when just below."

dlJsEIj.png
[quote name="Monako" date="2024-04-18 14:03:39" ] @/Hippotang Okay, and I hear you. But it IS one of the benefits we were told we were going to get, and to expect FROM ancients. We could argue all day about how much it matters to the staff. What we do know is it matters enough that they told us for years that they'd never make a dragon without wings, or a wyvern BECAUSE of the apparel rule requiring 4 limbs and 2 wings. Only after the introduction of ancients did they consider it acceptable. It's one of the reasons people are a bit disappointed. Because they were hoping something would break that mold. Especially with the teaser and the total lack of wingless dragons. The point of this post was to point out that the disappointment ISN'T because the dragon looks bad. Just that it looks a lot like a modern, normal dragon and that between the teaser and the the fact that it was an ancient. People were expecting something a little different. [/quote] I get the disappointment, but I agree with Hippotang on the basis that breaking the modern mold isn't a required feature. Actually, it still does because of the size of tail and its limbs just wouldn't work with apparel... If you (not entirely directed) have an issue with the way that this particular update was communicated, save it for Contact Us so it doesn't go looked over. EDIT: Sorry for the ping, Hippotang EDIT 2: I'm not trying to argue, I'm stating a literal fact. Your original post (a continuous posts) are written as if we, as players, are [i]owed[/i] a super modern-mold-breaking ancient each release, which we are not.
Monako wrote on 2024-04-18 14:03:39:
@/Hippotang Okay, and I hear you. But it IS one of the benefits we were told we were going to get, and to expect FROM ancients. We could argue all day about how much it matters to the staff. What we do know is it matters enough that they told us for years that they'd never make a dragon without wings, or a wyvern BECAUSE of the apparel rule requiring 4 limbs and 2 wings.

Only after the introduction of ancients did they consider it acceptable. It's one of the reasons people are a bit disappointed. Because they were hoping something would break that mold. Especially with the teaser and the total lack of wingless dragons.

The point of this post was to point out that the disappointment ISN'T because the dragon looks bad. Just that it looks a lot like a modern, normal dragon and that between the teaser and the the fact that it was an ancient. People were expecting something a little different.

I get the disappointment, but I agree with Hippotang on the basis that breaking the modern mold isn't a required feature. Actually, it still does because of the size of tail and its limbs just wouldn't work with apparel...

If you (not entirely directed) have an issue with the way that this particular update was communicated, save it for Contact Us so it doesn't go looked over.

EDIT: Sorry for the ping, Hippotang

EDIT 2: I'm not trying to argue, I'm stating a literal fact. Your original post (a continuous posts) are written as if we, as players, are owed a super modern-mold-breaking ancient each release, which we are not.
2KAdknV.png
gTTW2gA.png
GW180jv.png
uVEyOnT.png
DshAKj6.png
iR2WNmx.png
m0cjLtv.png
The anal retentiveness on FR makes it very challenging to have a frank conversation x n x.

Edit:
Listen..I do hear what you are all saying, really. I'm not trying to start a huge debate about this. I was just expressing that what people are disappointed in isn't that they're a dragon on the site. Just that they expected something different.

Also:
I believe people were thinking of something with a flat, scaled isopod spine.
The anal retentiveness on FR makes it very challenging to have a frank conversation x n x.

Edit:
Listen..I do hear what you are all saying, really. I'm not trying to start a huge debate about this. I was just expressing that what people are disappointed in isn't that they're a dragon on the site. Just that they expected something different.

Also:
I believe people were thinking of something with a flat, scaled isopod spine.
I am having a conversation with you. However, I think we just both have different opinions? Yes, I was also expecting a shell, but honestly, I love the leathery wings look for the current Dusthide design.
I am having a conversation with you. However, I think we just both have different opinions? Yes, I was also expecting a shell, but honestly, I love the leathery wings look for the current Dusthide design.
hHi8SF1.pngrix3ppo.png 63e7d1e32734cf1f42976aa3cf98d97aa5bb059a.png
[quote name="Likewise" date="2024-04-18 14:17:34" ] "Sandsurge are a larger dragon breed with a sleek frame and massive horns. These dragons do not have the wings typical of most breeds, instead sporting a large webbed fan that runs down the length of their body. These membranous fans work to dissipate heat when above-ground, and to attract and harvest lightning strikes when just below." By this standard Spinosaurus also has wings. [/quote] [img]https://static.wikia.nocookie.net/forgottenrealms/images/2/21/Ancient_Gold_Dragon_CLB.jpg[/img] I wonder why dragon fans might get the two confused.
Likewise wrote on 2024-04-18 14:17:34:

Ancient_Gold_Dragon_CLB.jpg

I wonder why dragon fans might get the two confused.
Hjönk Hjönk Am Goose
If you want to have civil discussion, calling people anal retentive is not the way to do it. There's no need to get passive aggressive solely because people are disagreeing with you. You wanted a conversation and people are telling you that they don't agree that breaking the 4 legs 2 wings rule is a general expectation of new ancients. I'm a little disappointed that staff isn't getting more funky with the anatomy of new ancients too, but it is true that it's not a requirement.
If you want to have civil discussion, calling people anal retentive is not the way to do it. There's no need to get passive aggressive solely because people are disagreeing with you. You wanted a conversation and people are telling you that they don't agree that breaking the 4 legs 2 wings rule is a general expectation of new ancients. I'm a little disappointed that staff isn't getting more funky with the anatomy of new ancients too, but it is true that it's not a requirement.
And some of us were thinking of armadillos.

Ultimately, no one here is an ambassador to everyone's opinions on this - whether negative or positive. We all have our own reasons and tastes. I've seen plenty of complaints that they are too cute and the aesthetic doesn't vibe with them.
And some of us were thinking of armadillos.

Ultimately, no one here is an ambassador to everyone's opinions on this - whether negative or positive. We all have our own reasons and tastes. I've seen plenty of complaints that they are too cute and the aesthetic doesn't vibe with them.
1 2 3 4