Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Opinions on the new breed?
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 25
They remind me a bit of the pack lizards of Menzoberranzan, and maybe the a little bit of the serpentine dragons in Skyrim.
They remind me a bit of the pack lizards of Menzoberranzan, and maybe the a little bit of the serpentine dragons in Skyrim.
They’re . . . Okay. Like /TCMagpie said, their smoothness is off-setting to me. I thought they would be bumpier?

I think their “baldness” can be interesting, but I really don’t see myself having a Dusthide perma or pair without Spores, which is a gem gene.
They’re . . . Okay. Like /TCMagpie said, their smoothness is off-setting to me. I thought they would be bumpier?

I think their “baldness” can be interesting, but I really don’t see myself having a Dusthide perma or pair without Spores, which is a gem gene.
v2fvT9R.png
I'm mixed. I like some parts (like the tail) and not others. As an Ancient, it's a little disappointing as another "safe" formula. I'm inclined to agree that this would be a modern design but with the freedom of ancient posing. I'm still confused why they have very prominent wings when their entire encyclopedia talks about how their entire lives are primarily in tunnels and such.

I've found some suuuper cool scries out of the new genes introduced but deflated like a balloon when I realized it all involved gemmie genes. They're gorgeous, and they are definitely carrying the very simple and smooth lineart that feels a bit out of place for an underground breed. But man, it feels like we got handed a gem breed if you wanted to use the unique genes.

I'm sure we'll see some really cool scries eventually hit the AH, thankfully. But I do agree with feelings of feeling a lil priced out. Oh well, we'll see the really cool genes together soon!
I'm mixed. I like some parts (like the tail) and not others. As an Ancient, it's a little disappointing as another "safe" formula. I'm inclined to agree that this would be a modern design but with the freedom of ancient posing. I'm still confused why they have very prominent wings when their entire encyclopedia talks about how their entire lives are primarily in tunnels and such.

I've found some suuuper cool scries out of the new genes introduced but deflated like a balloon when I realized it all involved gemmie genes. They're gorgeous, and they are definitely carrying the very simple and smooth lineart that feels a bit out of place for an underground breed. But man, it feels like we got handed a gem breed if you wanted to use the unique genes.

I'm sure we'll see some really cool scries eventually hit the AH, thankfully. But I do agree with feelings of feeling a lil priced out. Oh well, we'll see the really cool genes together soon!
tGc5yZg.png 3DB1CkA.png iktr tabs:
1 2
They are not winning over Imperial dragons.
They are not winning over Imperial dragons.
they look like a colugo.
they look like a colugo.
Jd88XNq.png
sh5xjiu.pngQwz7flm.png
ZKQ6ohh.pngtNgQJvM.pngDgV9RW4.png
gNKHrxH.png1bSJVgF.pngbYt72YT.png
FBhgews.png9qLrp5W.pngRWhZ0Cq.pngaef8eafda28aee269865ab582e14a312ac4c2f3c.png6e97a552d6cb288faaaf054be66db8a44c0e78e9.pngQk0VB5d.png
I adopted a few that I am really excited to gene up, that being said... They are not my favorite. The adult female pose in particular is EXTREMELY hard to work with. And I don't care for them much at all without the unique terts. Antlers and Spores are my faves.

Also, I wish they had Crystal/Faucet! I feel like they should have this!!! & I bet they would be cute with Stitched/Patchwork!!!
I adopted a few that I am really excited to gene up, that being said... They are not my favorite. The adult female pose in particular is EXTREMELY hard to work with. And I don't care for them much at all without the unique terts. Antlers and Spores are my faves.

Also, I wish they had Crystal/Faucet! I feel like they should have this!!! & I bet they would be cute with Stitched/Patchwork!!!
Hawkeyyee_FR_bounce.gif
tails kinda neat but IMO they're super ugly : (
tails kinda neat but IMO they're super ugly : (
I think the concept for them is awesome, but for some reason the way their face looks really unnerves me, and without a line breaking tert it sorta just continues to do so. Like some others I was assuming they’d have a big shell on them instead of wings, but I’m alright with it ig. I don’t see myself ever having many of ‘em, but they do have some neat little quirks and I’m excited to see what people will cook up with the new genes ^^
I think the concept for them is awesome, but for some reason the way their face looks really unnerves me, and without a line breaking tert it sorta just continues to do so. Like some others I was assuming they’d have a big shell on them instead of wings, but I’m alright with it ig. I don’t see myself ever having many of ‘em, but they do have some neat little quirks and I’m excited to see what people will cook up with the new genes ^^
I love their genes!! But unfortunately I...am struggling with Bald. Will probably own a spores/antler pair at some point (I actually think they look hecking cute with spores and antlers is a neat gene).

DESPERATELY want veil on other breeds please

eta: and then i learned that spores is a gem gene. hmmnnn
I love their genes!! But unfortunately I...am struggling with Bald. Will probably own a spores/antler pair at some point (I actually think they look hecking cute with spores and antlers is a neat gene).

DESPERATELY want veil on other breeds please

eta: and then i learned that spores is a gem gene. hmmnnn
ec65fc4f97f25ecd94c103a9612847167e262c29.png
I'm actually really fond of their bald heads. The big tails are fun. Wish the rest of their body was bulkier to match. Would've preferred something a little less standard for the wings. LOVE the claws. Really good hatchling pose. Lots of good individual elements but the whole feels a little disjointed.

The unique genes are bangers but the rest of the starting gene selection seems a bit off to me. I feel like dusthides are already begging for an expansion, especially because they fall in to a similar pit as banes where they feel like they need a linebreaker to feel complete.

Really hoping these things get space and scuttle as available terts down the line (or even beard!!).

Final verdict: They'll probably grow on me as time goes on and they get more genes but 5/10 slaps on their little bald heads for now.
I'm actually really fond of their bald heads. The big tails are fun. Wish the rest of their body was bulkier to match. Would've preferred something a little less standard for the wings. LOVE the claws. Really good hatchling pose. Lots of good individual elements but the whole feels a little disjointed.

The unique genes are bangers but the rest of the starting gene selection seems a bit off to me. I feel like dusthides are already begging for an expansion, especially because they fall in to a similar pit as banes where they feel like they need a linebreaker to feel complete.

Really hoping these things get space and scuttle as available terts down the line (or even beard!!).

Final verdict: They'll probably grow on me as time goes on and they get more genes but 5/10 slaps on their little bald heads for now.
Sharpened Serthis Spear
I am the patron saint of having bad taste
(insert joke about heated water towers here)
1 2 ... 16 17 18 19 20 ... 24 25