Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | [1x1] Super Smash Bros - The Tournament
1 2 3
@Dingasoid

((As promised, here’s a ping after 5 days of the last RP Response.))
@Dingasoid

((As promised, here’s a ping after 5 days of the last RP Response.))
LIo8D8G.gif
// Thanks for the ping

Fox

"Banned?" Fox spoke, his tone filled with surprise. "I'm not sure why or how, maybe you might? But I don't like the sounds of it if he was just dragged away like that. Wouldn't they warn you ahead of time, or..."

He stopped speaking, and shook his head. You know, it did sound pretty suspicious... "We'll look into this and let the other veterans know, discreetly. But first, we've got to find the newcomers and show them around."

NPC

Upon hearing the two boys' bickering, Mr. Guy rolled his eyes and couldn't help but question his job. Alas, he took their invitations, checked them off, and handed them back. At least he wasn't in watching over the spectator lines.

"Okay okay, head in and go find the post office, it's right nearby..."

New Recruits (Niiue and Megaman V.)

After taking their first few steps into the entrance area, the newcomers were greeted by what looked like some kind of tourist trap, if it were in space. There was glass above that let you see space, so that was pretty neat. There were also large banners of past tournament champions hung high, and also other miscellaneous projections as well. Looking down, there were all sorts of buildings and a ton of sapient beings. There were a ton of gift shops, signs pointing towards the guest quarters, plenty of food vendors, and even a few veteran fighters getting their pictures taken. Overall, it was pretty crowded. And loud too, don't forget.

Mega, after walking in, was in awe of his surroundings. Quickly, it would turn into confusion after he stopped staring at his surroundings and focused on getting to the Post Office. Well, he was used to traversing maze-like dungeons and liked exploring new towns, but it was a lot harder when there was 10x or 100x the crowd, and most of them were tourists trying to find their way around as well.

Uhhhhhhhh.... Shoot, maybe I should have asked for a map?

The teen would then walk around and attempt to locate either the post office or someone with a map. He walked into a gift shop and mistook some shy guy spectators for employees, much to their annoyance.

Meanwhile, Niiue was also having a bit of trouble as well. All the energy emitted from the people around him and the loudness of the area was definitely disorienting. You'd think that there'd be a big sign that says "FIGHTERS GO HERE" placed at the entrance, but there wasn't. He sighed, trying to keep to himself. But maybe some of the other ones would know? So, Niiue turned around and walked back near the entrance to find another fighter; hopefully a returning one that knew where the Post Office was.

???

The stranger tilted their head in curiosity, a bit uneasy from the sight but not breaking composure. He raised a hand and answered, "It's okay, we won't hurt you." He was trying to reassure the odd boy, but it probably wasn't that helpful given their nature. "Everyone here will be studied for different reasons but for you, we wish to investigate this strange phenomena surrounding you. There are a lot of mages out there, and this may bring us some much-needed... insight."

He looked over to Bartz, who had dropped his invitation letter. It was a shame for him, but just another opportunity for this researcher.

"The boy will be fine." They continued, walking over and picking up Bartz' bloodied letter. "We'll tend to his wounds, and we'll keep him later just in case. A doctor will come in, but would you mind coming with me?"
// Thanks for the ping

Fox

"Banned?" Fox spoke, his tone filled with surprise. "I'm not sure why or how, maybe you might? But I don't like the sounds of it if he was just dragged away like that. Wouldn't they warn you ahead of time, or..."

He stopped speaking, and shook his head. You know, it did sound pretty suspicious... "We'll look into this and let the other veterans know, discreetly. But first, we've got to find the newcomers and show them around."

NPC

Upon hearing the two boys' bickering, Mr. Guy rolled his eyes and couldn't help but question his job. Alas, he took their invitations, checked them off, and handed them back. At least he wasn't in watching over the spectator lines.

"Okay okay, head in and go find the post office, it's right nearby..."

New Recruits (Niiue and Megaman V.)

After taking their first few steps into the entrance area, the newcomers were greeted by what looked like some kind of tourist trap, if it were in space. There was glass above that let you see space, so that was pretty neat. There were also large banners of past tournament champions hung high, and also other miscellaneous projections as well. Looking down, there were all sorts of buildings and a ton of sapient beings. There were a ton of gift shops, signs pointing towards the guest quarters, plenty of food vendors, and even a few veteran fighters getting their pictures taken. Overall, it was pretty crowded. And loud too, don't forget.

Mega, after walking in, was in awe of his surroundings. Quickly, it would turn into confusion after he stopped staring at his surroundings and focused on getting to the Post Office. Well, he was used to traversing maze-like dungeons and liked exploring new towns, but it was a lot harder when there was 10x or 100x the crowd, and most of them were tourists trying to find their way around as well.

Uhhhhhhhh.... Shoot, maybe I should have asked for a map?

The teen would then walk around and attempt to locate either the post office or someone with a map. He walked into a gift shop and mistook some shy guy spectators for employees, much to their annoyance.

Meanwhile, Niiue was also having a bit of trouble as well. All the energy emitted from the people around him and the loudness of the area was definitely disorienting. You'd think that there'd be a big sign that says "FIGHTERS GO HERE" placed at the entrance, but there wasn't. He sighed, trying to keep to himself. But maybe some of the other ones would know? So, Niiue turned around and walked back near the entrance to find another fighter; hopefully a returning one that knew where the Post Office was.

???

The stranger tilted their head in curiosity, a bit uneasy from the sight but not breaking composure. He raised a hand and answered, "It's okay, we won't hurt you." He was trying to reassure the odd boy, but it probably wasn't that helpful given their nature. "Everyone here will be studied for different reasons but for you, we wish to investigate this strange phenomena surrounding you. There are a lot of mages out there, and this may bring us some much-needed... insight."

He looked over to Bartz, who had dropped his invitation letter. It was a shame for him, but just another opportunity for this researcher.

"The boy will be fine." They continued, walking over and picking up Bartz' bloodied letter. "We'll tend to his wounds, and we'll keep him later just in case. A doctor will come in, but would you mind coming with me?"
40d328c43be268b5d074dbc874b8ba24.jpg
((You’re welcome. Sorry for the kind of short post, though.))
Marth

Upon the mention of the other veterans being informed of what happened with Chrom, Marth seemed to sigh in relief. While he was glad that the situation would be looked into, he also seemed to have been rather relieved to be reminded of having to show the newcomers around.

“Oh right… I almost forgot about the newcomers. My apologies.” He stated apologetically. After speaking, he also soon walked off in order to find the newcomers.

Vaan and Tidus

Find the post office? That was a simple enough instruction for both Vaan and Tidus to follow… or so they thought. As soon as they headed inside, they soon found that the task they were given was no easy feat as they took into note just how massive the station was.

However, as they started to try and find the post office, the two of them ran into Firion and Riddle who were also trying to find the post office at this point in time.

“Funny running into you two again? I was just trying to find the post office but then I remembered… shouldn’t I get Zephyr a souvenir?” Riddle asked. Of course, he stated the last part of what he said to himself however, he couldn’t help but be a bit frustrated with getting lost.

Zephyr Rosehearts

“And… just why exactly do you wish for me to go with you? Why do you wish to investigate the blot?” Zephyr asked the strange man. While he still kept the blot vines up, he seemed to start to somewhat trust the researcher.

However, he still felt somewhat uneasy about both this place and of the man in front of both him and Bartz. He knew not of why he felt that way however, he chose to remain silent after initially speaking.
((You’re welcome. Sorry for the kind of short post, though.))
Marth

Upon the mention of the other veterans being informed of what happened with Chrom, Marth seemed to sigh in relief. While he was glad that the situation would be looked into, he also seemed to have been rather relieved to be reminded of having to show the newcomers around.

“Oh right… I almost forgot about the newcomers. My apologies.” He stated apologetically. After speaking, he also soon walked off in order to find the newcomers.

Vaan and Tidus

Find the post office? That was a simple enough instruction for both Vaan and Tidus to follow… or so they thought. As soon as they headed inside, they soon found that the task they were given was no easy feat as they took into note just how massive the station was.

However, as they started to try and find the post office, the two of them ran into Firion and Riddle who were also trying to find the post office at this point in time.

“Funny running into you two again? I was just trying to find the post office but then I remembered… shouldn’t I get Zephyr a souvenir?” Riddle asked. Of course, he stated the last part of what he said to himself however, he couldn’t help but be a bit frustrated with getting lost.

Zephyr Rosehearts

“And… just why exactly do you wish for me to go with you? Why do you wish to investigate the blot?” Zephyr asked the strange man. While he still kept the blot vines up, he seemed to start to somewhat trust the researcher.

However, he still felt somewhat uneasy about both this place and of the man in front of both him and Bartz. He knew not of why he felt that way however, he chose to remain silent after initially speaking.
LIo8D8G.gif
// No worries, let's post however long we'd like

Niiue and Megaman V.

Mega was not having any luck, and his search was turning empty-handed. The closest answer that he got was hearing a spectator's surprise that there was a post office and asking him where it was... if you could call that a "close response". During the time, he did end up buying two souvenirs for his sister and grandpa. He thought about sending them later after he can find that post office. Well besides that, this running around thing was getting pretty bothersome.

Niiue was peaking around the entrance. Unfortunately for him there was no re-entry back this way, and the exit was all the way over to a further side lane. He sighed, turning back around. Luckily for him, he'd come across some others that he recognized in the waiting line.

"Hey!" Niiue called out, wanting to get the attention of the other newcomers. The young alien ran up and joined up with the four boys. "You're fighters as well, right? Did they give you any directions by chance?"

A moment right after, another newcomer would join up. Mega waved and called out, "Guys! Guys!" before stopping to catch his breath. He let out a heavy breath and continued on. "Whew! I was running around everywhere! Did one of you say you have directions?"

Niiue dropped his shoulders. "I was asking that. I feel so lost."

???

"Just a little bit of consulting." The researcher answered, short and straight to the point. When it came to answering Zephyr's question, he kept pretty vague. "The rest of us folks don't know enough about the blot. We don't know exactly how dangerous it is, nor entirely what effects it has on individuals."

Once finished, the researcher walked over to the door and signaled for the boy to come with them.
// No worries, let's post however long we'd like

Niiue and Megaman V.

Mega was not having any luck, and his search was turning empty-handed. The closest answer that he got was hearing a spectator's surprise that there was a post office and asking him where it was... if you could call that a "close response". During the time, he did end up buying two souvenirs for his sister and grandpa. He thought about sending them later after he can find that post office. Well besides that, this running around thing was getting pretty bothersome.

Niiue was peaking around the entrance. Unfortunately for him there was no re-entry back this way, and the exit was all the way over to a further side lane. He sighed, turning back around. Luckily for him, he'd come across some others that he recognized in the waiting line.

"Hey!" Niiue called out, wanting to get the attention of the other newcomers. The young alien ran up and joined up with the four boys. "You're fighters as well, right? Did they give you any directions by chance?"

A moment right after, another newcomer would join up. Mega waved and called out, "Guys! Guys!" before stopping to catch his breath. He let out a heavy breath and continued on. "Whew! I was running around everywhere! Did one of you say you have directions?"

Niiue dropped his shoulders. "I was asking that. I feel so lost."

???

"Just a little bit of consulting." The researcher answered, short and straight to the point. When it came to answering Zephyr's question, he kept pretty vague. "The rest of us folks don't know enough about the blot. We don't know exactly how dangerous it is, nor entirely what effects it has on individuals."

Once finished, the researcher walked over to the door and signaled for the boy to come with them.
((Alright. Also, they released a new dragon today and one of my new ones had the Faded eye type!))
Vaan, Firion, Riddle, and Tidus

“Sadly, no… We didn’t get any directions. However, HOW THE HELL ARE THEY EXPECTING US TO FIND ONE POST OFFICE IN THIS MASSIVE PLACE!” Tidus yelled. While just the mere thought of possibly trying to find one place in the massive station seemed to cause him to feel just a little overwhelmed, Vaan soon took notice of that and ended up trying to reassure his companion.

“Hey, it’ll be alright, Tidus. We’ll find the post office eventually.” Vaan said. He also wanted to try hugging the other teen however, he eventually decided against it.

As for Firion and Riddle, the both of them remained silent for the time being before both stating a simple “Greetings”. Like most of the other newcomers, they had no idea where the post office was; however, neither of them chose to say anything about it for the time being.

Zephyr Rosehearts

“Well, in that case, I’ll go with you.” Zephyr stated before he started to walk over towards the door. While he did glance back over at Bartz for a few moments, he eventually turned his attention back towards the researcher before speaking again.

“As for this consultation, I may know more about blot than you do; however, it’s also still a relatively unknown byproduct of magic in my home world. However, it can prove to be dangerous to mages.” He said before walking through the doorway.
((Alright. Also, they released a new dragon today and one of my new ones had the Faded eye type!))
Vaan, Firion, Riddle, and Tidus

“Sadly, no… We didn’t get any directions. However, HOW THE HELL ARE THEY EXPECTING US TO FIND ONE POST OFFICE IN THIS MASSIVE PLACE!” Tidus yelled. While just the mere thought of possibly trying to find one place in the massive station seemed to cause him to feel just a little overwhelmed, Vaan soon took notice of that and ended up trying to reassure his companion.

“Hey, it’ll be alright, Tidus. We’ll find the post office eventually.” Vaan said. He also wanted to try hugging the other teen however, he eventually decided against it.

As for Firion and Riddle, the both of them remained silent for the time being before both stating a simple “Greetings”. Like most of the other newcomers, they had no idea where the post office was; however, neither of them chose to say anything about it for the time being.

Zephyr Rosehearts

“Well, in that case, I’ll go with you.” Zephyr stated before he started to walk over towards the door. While he did glance back over at Bartz for a few moments, he eventually turned his attention back towards the researcher before speaking again.

“As for this consultation, I may know more about blot than you do; however, it’s also still a relatively unknown byproduct of magic in my home world. However, it can prove to be dangerous to mages.” He said before walking through the doorway.
LIo8D8G.gif
@Dingasoid

((I almost typed in a duck emoji by mistake. Anyway, here’s just a friendly reminder that it’s your turn to post.))
@Dingasoid

((I almost typed in a duck emoji by mistake. Anyway, here’s just a friendly reminder that it’s your turn to post.))
LIo8D8G.gif
// Okey dokey, but heads up real quick: I gotta go work on some projects, but I'll write when I have time.
// Okey dokey, but heads up real quick: I gotta go work on some projects, but I'll write when I have time.
((Thanks for th heads up! I’m about ready to go into finals week myself.))
((Thanks for th heads up! I’m about ready to go into finals week myself.))
LIo8D8G.gif
1 2 3