Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Jigsaw puzzle quality of life update
I really, really wish there was somewhere to bank or store puzzle pieces to get them out of the way. I think I would genuinely enjoy the puzzle minigame if most of it didn't involve just moving various pieces out of the way
I really, really wish there was somewhere to bank or store puzzle pieces to get them out of the way. I think I would genuinely enjoy the puzzle minigame if most of it didn't involve just moving various pieces out of the way
zoph
they/them

old oaks!
MUYNhfy.png
qR9UjYJ.png
DxCICZ1.png
KXqgAVm.png
QSe6tSa.png
5hF3FGk.png
I've been using the Puzzles as a way to make treasure and honestly it's been a slog.

The lack of room to work in with a very small play area, the inability to spread out pieces, the lack of a save function, honestly!

The fact we can't pick what puzzle we want to do ...
I've been using the Puzzles as a way to make treasure and honestly it's been a slog.

The lack of room to work in with a very small play area, the inability to spread out pieces, the lack of a save function, honestly!

The fact we can't pick what puzzle we want to do ...
Yt4sddf.png
Not against any of these suggestions, but I'd like them to make it playable on mobile or let me block it from pursuits as a priority. I barely ever play it because it just doesn't work.
Not against any of these suggestions, but I'd like them to make it playable on mobile or let me block it from pursuits as a priority. I barely ever play it because it just doesn't work.
OTXJQ9a.png

the Vanguard
~
pings are OFF
pm me!
B92AFED0-9B7C-485C-8C3A-AA5FBAB5D7D8.png 8SzUkvf.png 1550190777019.png
This gets brought up a lot (or just a bigger canvas size to spread pieces around), and I hope they see how often it is!

I'd also like to see an "are you sure?" popup when navigating away from an unfinished puzzle, as far as qol things go. Too many accidental sidebar clicks away from a nearly-finished Hard puzzle...
This gets brought up a lot (or just a bigger canvas size to spread pieces around), and I hope they see how often it is!

I'd also like to see an "are you sure?" popup when navigating away from an unfinished puzzle, as far as qol things go. Too many accidental sidebar clicks away from a nearly-finished Hard puzzle...
21402.png
I think at this point Jigsaw is definitely in want of a major revamp to give it some QoL options that were not standard (or even anything anyone would have had reason to think of— like mobile compatibility) when it was first made.

From this thread and others, I can think of some common wants:

• Mobile compatibility (of course, this would have to be a part of any Jigsaw update)

• Puzzle selection (or at least some general sort of pre-sorted category selection, perhaps in selected age groups, so people who want to focus on newer shinier puzzles or stick with their old familiar puzzles can do so)

• Better and less wrist-hurty methods of sorting out puzzle pieces, as mentioned here— I think a bank you can hit a button to move any pieces that aren't connected to each other would be great, or even just starting out with all the pieces in a specific out of the way location or something. That would significantly cut down on the amount of click and drag, for sure!

• "Are you sure, progress not saved" confirmation— I don't think I've seen this before but I think it's a great idea due to the fact that I, too, have accidentally hit buttons or shortcuts that drag me out of a game that's nearly finished. For most of them, you at least get payments after each level, so I can shrug it off, but Jigsaw (especially on Hard!) is such a huge time investment before you get any payoff that I think personally would be well worth that extra "are you sure?"
I think at this point Jigsaw is definitely in want of a major revamp to give it some QoL options that were not standard (or even anything anyone would have had reason to think of— like mobile compatibility) when it was first made.

From this thread and others, I can think of some common wants:

• Mobile compatibility (of course, this would have to be a part of any Jigsaw update)

• Puzzle selection (or at least some general sort of pre-sorted category selection, perhaps in selected age groups, so people who want to focus on newer shinier puzzles or stick with their old familiar puzzles can do so)

• Better and less wrist-hurty methods of sorting out puzzle pieces, as mentioned here— I think a bank you can hit a button to move any pieces that aren't connected to each other would be great, or even just starting out with all the pieces in a specific out of the way location or something. That would significantly cut down on the amount of click and drag, for sure!

• "Are you sure, progress not saved" confirmation— I don't think I've seen this before but I think it's a great idea due to the fact that I, too, have accidentally hit buttons or shortcuts that drag me out of a game that's nearly finished. For most of them, you at least get payments after each level, so I can shrug it off, but Jigsaw (especially on Hard!) is such a huge time investment before you get any payoff that I think personally would be well worth that extra "are you sure?"
I couldn't agree more. I never play jigsaw unless it's part of the pursuits for this day/week/month.
I couldn't agree more. I never play jigsaw unless it's part of the pursuits for this day/week/month.
I'm 8 hours ahead of FR time, so sorry if I don't respond immediately to pings/messages ^^'[/center]
I love doing puzzles irl and on FR and it's so frustrating to not have room to use the same strategies I use irl in the jigsaw in fairgrounds. Because there isn't that much space to store pieces on the side of the play area or a piece bank as you've mentioned, I rarely find myself wanting to actually play jigsaw over glimmer and gloom.

I definitely support any QoL to jigsaw!
I love doing puzzles irl and on FR and it's so frustrating to not have room to use the same strategies I use irl in the jigsaw in fairgrounds. Because there isn't that much space to store pieces on the side of the play area or a piece bank as you've mentioned, I rarely find myself wanting to actually play jigsaw over glimmer and gloom.

I definitely support any QoL to jigsaw!
i3VCiEO.png
ALL THEY SEE IS A SHADOW
SHE/HER
G1 LAIR
FR +2
Definitely agree and support! I would play jigsaw way more if there was more space to separate my pieces.
Definitely agree and support! I would play jigsaw way more if there was more space to separate my pieces.