Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Favorite books?
1 2 3
The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson. I had to read it for one of my Asian Studies: TEFL classes in college and I got really into it
The Orphan Master's Son by Adam Johnson. I had to read it for one of my Asian Studies: TEFL classes in college and I got really into it
FR_SIGGY.png
[quote name="eyesofdawn" date="2024-04-12 09:51:19" ] [quote name="@Littlelion420" date="2024-04-12 07:49:53" ] For book series mine would be pretty much all of Neal shustermans series like The scythe, everlost and unwind. I love dystopian novels. [/quote] YES. Neal Shusterman is sooooo good. I love all of his books!! ^^ Have you read Roxy? It's not really appropriate to discuss here, but it is my favorite book of all time. He's just that good. My second favorite(s) are ALL the books by brandon sanderson, especially skyward!! he's a really good author too!! :3 [/quote] I haven’t read roxy but I’ve been needing one of his books to read lately! You seem to have good taste, maybe I’ll check out Brandon Sanderson sometime if I get a chance! @eyesofdawn
eyesofdawn wrote on 2024-04-12 09:51:19:
@Littlelion420 wrote on 2024-04-12 07:49:53:
For book series mine would be pretty much all of Neal shustermans series like The scythe, everlost and unwind. I love dystopian novels.

YES. Neal Shusterman is sooooo good. I love all of his books!! ^^
Have you read Roxy? It's not really appropriate to discuss here, but it is my favorite book of all time. He's just that good.

My second favorite(s) are ALL the books by brandon sanderson, especially skyward!! he's a really good author too!! :3

I haven’t read roxy but I’ve been needing one of his books to read lately! You seem to have good taste, maybe I’ll check out Brandon Sanderson sometime if I get a chance!
@eyesofdawn
I don’t know what to put here
loved the Hunger Games.

currently reading Girl in Pieces, hits kind of close to home.
loved the Hunger Games.

currently reading Girl in Pieces, hits kind of close to home.
wishlist
he/kit
xenogender
trans
transmasc

arospec
rosboy
gay
ace

catgender
Adorable Arcane Hatchery! you should listen to them... NOW!!! Coatl Swirls! semi-verbal
autistic
bird dad
please ping!!!
FR+2
[quote name="MilkshakeTrex" date="2024-04-12 20:44:52" ] I absolutely love The Island by Natasha Preston, Four found dead by Natalie D. Richards, and How to Survive Your Murder by Danielle Valentine. [/quote] I have read every single one of Natasha Preston's books and none of them disappoint. I go nuts over these books and can finish them in a single evening. Started with The Cellar when it was on Wattpad. When I found it in Barnes and Noble about a year later, literally lost my mind. Currently waiting for her two new books to come out this year.
MilkshakeTrex wrote on 2024-04-12 20:44:52:
I absolutely love The Island by Natasha Preston, Four found dead by Natalie D. Richards, and How to Survive Your Murder by Danielle Valentine.

I have read every single one of Natasha Preston's books and none of them disappoint. I go nuts over these books and can finish them in a single evening. Started with The Cellar when it was on Wattpad. When I found it in Barnes and Noble about a year later, literally lost my mind. Currently waiting for her two new books to come out this year.
Everytime someone asks about my favorite book I always immediately think of The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, so I guess that it's my favorite <3 There's something so visceral about the writing, all your senses are engaged so that it all just feels like a real place and time. And it's about racing and bonding with man-eating kelpies so XD

I loved the first two Scythe books when I read them, like my whole worldview kinda shifted a little bit for awhile; I tried rereading the first one recently and it sadly doesn't have the same impact it did for that first reading. I also loved Fahrenheit 451, I read it at just the right time in my life when I was feeling almost like I was going crazy, and something about *Montag (don't know why I thought his name was Mortimer Lol) going through similar feelings really helped me feel better.

Dracula and Black Beauty are my two favorite classics <3 I also went through a long phase of collecting Louis L'Amour Western books, I just adored so many of them <3

I like... A lot of books lol
Everytime someone asks about my favorite book I always immediately think of The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater, so I guess that it's my favorite <3 There's something so visceral about the writing, all your senses are engaged so that it all just feels like a real place and time. And it's about racing and bonding with man-eating kelpies so XD

I loved the first two Scythe books when I read them, like my whole worldview kinda shifted a little bit for awhile; I tried rereading the first one recently and it sadly doesn't have the same impact it did for that first reading. I also loved Fahrenheit 451, I read it at just the right time in my life when I was feeling almost like I was going crazy, and something about *Montag (don't know why I thought his name was Mortimer Lol) going through similar feelings really helped me feel better.

Dracula and Black Beauty are my two favorite classics <3 I also went through a long phase of collecting Louis L'Amour Western books, I just adored so many of them <3

I like... A lot of books lol
__________________69065274.png FObX7rS.png
z3FSuck.png
rix3ppo.png
co3WWXY.png
lAvpyOQ.png
69065273.png
Warrior Cats, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Blood Meridian, Wings of Fire, Amulet, a lot more!
Warrior Cats, I Have No Mouth and I Must Scream, Blood Meridian, Wings of Fire, Amulet, a lot more!
Fiend | Any Pronouns

click on the Plaguebringer for my bio!
click on my sona for my art shop!
62L9xMb.gif 5SSgQr9.png
I remember reading Unwind in the 7th grade in school- It was very interesting although at the time I was about 12-13 years old, so definitely not that appropriate for that age I don't think, however It could just be me ^^' it was my reading class' book we all had to read. Everyone was in collective agreement that it was disturbing, and another classmate I recall opted out of the reading entirely and had to do separate works.

However, I adore ShadowHunters, ACOTAR, Warrior Cats, and Maximum Ride! Theres a lot of singles too I like, however I lean towards fantasy of course, with a tang of romance most times (ShadowHunters being my all time favorite)
I remember reading Unwind in the 7th grade in school- It was very interesting although at the time I was about 12-13 years old, so definitely not that appropriate for that age I don't think, however It could just be me ^^' it was my reading class' book we all had to read. Everyone was in collective agreement that it was disturbing, and another classmate I recall opted out of the reading entirely and had to do separate works.

However, I adore ShadowHunters, ACOTAR, Warrior Cats, and Maximum Ride! Theres a lot of singles too I like, however I lean towards fantasy of course, with a tang of romance most times (ShadowHunters being my all time favorite)
79771108_lfwPW5bn2U5Fpy7.png
1 2 3