Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | what are your favorite albums?
1 2 3 4
good & evil by tally hall is my favorite album that i've listened to, ever. i could honestly ramble about it for ages, but i'll try to keep it on the shorter side lol. i really like the general sound of the album, it's definetly more cohesive than tally hall's first album, marvin's marvelous mechanical musuem, and i love that about it. there's less genre whiplash between songs that kinda take you out of it. there's a 'feels like i''m floating in space and feeling all tingly' feeling throughout the album for me. i love the instumental composition and lyricism too! my favorites off of this album are 'the trap' and 'you & me'.

greatest hits by waterparks is another favorite of mine, but it's more like a current favorite album i can see it being up there in my all time favorites, though. (i can also see me yapping a lot more about this one, parx hyperfix goes crazy) it starts with a minute and a half long interlude intro, which i always love in albums. it just pulls you in so nicely with that first "last night i had the strangest dream of all" and then whips you right into the fast and energetic 'fuzzy'. there is a bit more difference in energy between songs on this one, as seen between 'fruit roll ups' and 'like it'. sappy, slow lovesong to angry, fast, full-of-energy hatesong! i kinda dig it though, i think they did a great job making it still sound good even with massive energy changes between songs. my favorites off of this album are 'fuzzy', 'snow globe', 'the secret life of me', 'like it', 'magnetic', and 'see you in the future'.

what are your favorite albums? :)
good & evil by tally hall is my favorite album that i've listened to, ever. i could honestly ramble about it for ages, but i'll try to keep it on the shorter side lol. i really like the general sound of the album, it's definetly more cohesive than tally hall's first album, marvin's marvelous mechanical musuem, and i love that about it. there's less genre whiplash between songs that kinda take you out of it. there's a 'feels like i''m floating in space and feeling all tingly' feeling throughout the album for me. i love the instumental composition and lyricism too! my favorites off of this album are 'the trap' and 'you & me'.

greatest hits by waterparks is another favorite of mine, but it's more like a current favorite album i can see it being up there in my all time favorites, though. (i can also see me yapping a lot more about this one, parx hyperfix goes crazy) it starts with a minute and a half long interlude intro, which i always love in albums. it just pulls you in so nicely with that first "last night i had the strangest dream of all" and then whips you right into the fast and energetic 'fuzzy'. there is a bit more difference in energy between songs on this one, as seen between 'fruit roll ups' and 'like it'. sappy, slow lovesong to angry, fast, full-of-energy hatesong! i kinda dig it though, i think they did a great job making it still sound good even with massive energy changes between songs. my favorites off of this album are 'fuzzy', 'snow globe', 'the secret life of me', 'like it', 'magnetic', and 'see you in the future'.

what are your favorite albums? :)
Sopping Tidelord Sackdoll !

• lev (he/him)
• +0 fr time
• pings/pms okay
• friend requests okay
• previously eyewishes!!!

!!!

• autism & adhd
• avid splatoon lover
• waterparks enthusiast
• filthy theatre kid
carrd
!!!
Talk hall does have a lot of really good songs, but my favorite albums right now have to be: Harry’s House (Harry Styles) and Broken by a Desire to be Heavenly Sent Ext. Ed.(Lewis Capaldi) Both of them have really great voices and I leave had almost every sound from those albums on repeat for awhile.
Talk hall does have a lot of really good songs, but my favorite albums right now have to be: Harry’s House (Harry Styles) and Broken by a Desire to be Heavenly Sent Ext. Ed.(Lewis Capaldi) Both of them have really great voices and I leave had almost every sound from those albums on repeat for awhile.
"Thou has undone our mother.

Villain, I have done thy mother."

-Shakespeare
tally hall mention!! (insert me appearing in thin air)
funnily enough i'm more of a MMMM person (i love how the entire album is held together with lots of love and bandages and tears and hope) but i do agree good & evil is great too!! it's so cohesive yet so unique and it really feels like you're on a new journey and that everything's gonna be okay (uh oh im rambling too LMAO) also the trap <33

currently i really vibe with coyote stories by the crane wives and satanic panic at the attic by of montreal. they give off road trip vibes in completely different ways and i love it. they're both kind of a "i'm hurt and it's gonna be everyone's problem" album except coyote stories talks about it the melancholic way while satanic panic at the attic is just... funky chaos. i do recommend both!! my favs from each albums are unravelling and lysergic bliss.
tally hall mention!! (insert me appearing in thin air)
funnily enough i'm more of a MMMM person (i love how the entire album is held together with lots of love and bandages and tears and hope) but i do agree good & evil is great too!! it's so cohesive yet so unique and it really feels like you're on a new journey and that everything's gonna be okay (uh oh im rambling too LMAO) also the trap <33

currently i really vibe with coyote stories by the crane wives and satanic panic at the attic by of montreal. they give off road trip vibes in completely different ways and i love it. they're both kind of a "i'm hurt and it's gonna be everyone's problem" album except coyote stories talks about it the melancholic way while satanic panic at the attic is just... funky chaos. i do recommend both!! my favs from each albums are unravelling and lysergic bliss.
ZcrsSbC.png
anything by Eloy. their albums are (mostly) narrative albums, every album tells a story. my favorite album of theirs is The Tides Return Forever, but I also have a soft spot for Dawn, Ra, Ocean, Ocean II The Answer, and Planets. the sequel to Planets, Time To Turn, is great as well but the overall tone of that album is not for me.
funny side note; Ocean is the album that helped me discover that I have very mild synesthesia, I see colors swirling when I listen to it.
anything by Eloy. their albums are (mostly) narrative albums, every album tells a story. my favorite album of theirs is The Tides Return Forever, but I also have a soft spot for Dawn, Ra, Ocean, Ocean II The Answer, and Planets. the sequel to Planets, Time To Turn, is great as well but the overall tone of that album is not for me.
funny side note; Ocean is the album that helped me discover that I have very mild synesthesia, I see colors swirling when I listen to it.
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
Most of Harumaki Gohan's albums are big favorites of mine (I can't say much about Blue Ending Nova or Sleep Sheep Sunroom since I haven't listened to the entirety of each one, but what I've listened to I have enjoyed...), but especially Futarino. It's a story album following the stories of a pair of childhood friends who spend their lives trying to reunite, only to meet a tragic end... And it's just a really neat execution of the idea too!

The album is split into halves with nearly identical tracklists except for one song that switches (matching which character the side half represents), but one half is self covers and the other half is vocaloid versions (all using Miku, because he almost exclusively uses Miku, lol). There are five songs with MVs (The Promise, Secret, If I Could Become a Comet (my personal favorite song on the album!), Reunion, and Birth), but they also have two versions each to match the two sides of the story (except Birth, although If I Could Become a Comet has extremely minimal changes between versions). I've linked the ones on youtube, which are all the self covers, but you'll find the vocaloid versions on niconico (most of them are linked in the descriptions of the youtube videos).

I think watching the MVs is an important part of fully understanding the story, but they're also just really amazing MVs in general! Harumaki Gohan is also an artist and animator and he makes his own MVs (although as of Futarino, there are a few other people helping out with the MVs as well, but he still works on them too and its still distinctly his style). In general I'm just a really big fan of his... the music is exactly my kind of thing, and I love all the characters and worlds of the songs, whether they're one off songs or a piece of full story albums (which besides Futarino, there is also GenEi EP: Envy Phantom, which is a story album that is paired with a short free mobile game, GenEi AP: Empty Heart... that one is really good too, and it's his most recent album).

Anyway, apologies for leaving a wall of text here, I just... really like Harumaki Gohan's albums and especially Futarino... it's hard to not start going a million miles an hour about it...
Most of Harumaki Gohan's albums are big favorites of mine (I can't say much about Blue Ending Nova or Sleep Sheep Sunroom since I haven't listened to the entirety of each one, but what I've listened to I have enjoyed...), but especially Futarino. It's a story album following the stories of a pair of childhood friends who spend their lives trying to reunite, only to meet a tragic end... And it's just a really neat execution of the idea too!

The album is split into halves with nearly identical tracklists except for one song that switches (matching which character the side half represents), but one half is self covers and the other half is vocaloid versions (all using Miku, because he almost exclusively uses Miku, lol). There are five songs with MVs (The Promise, Secret, If I Could Become a Comet (my personal favorite song on the album!), Reunion, and Birth), but they also have two versions each to match the two sides of the story (except Birth, although If I Could Become a Comet has extremely minimal changes between versions). I've linked the ones on youtube, which are all the self covers, but you'll find the vocaloid versions on niconico (most of them are linked in the descriptions of the youtube videos).

I think watching the MVs is an important part of fully understanding the story, but they're also just really amazing MVs in general! Harumaki Gohan is also an artist and animator and he makes his own MVs (although as of Futarino, there are a few other people helping out with the MVs as well, but he still works on them too and its still distinctly his style). In general I'm just a really big fan of his... the music is exactly my kind of thing, and I love all the characters and worlds of the songs, whether they're one off songs or a piece of full story albums (which besides Futarino, there is also GenEi EP: Envy Phantom, which is a story album that is paired with a short free mobile game, GenEi AP: Empty Heart... that one is really good too, and it's his most recent album).

Anyway, apologies for leaving a wall of text here, I just... really like Harumaki Gohan's albums and especially Futarino... it's hard to not start going a million miles an hour about it...
A pink recolor of the hydrena watertoy. Click here to see my current avatar dragon!
My username is W1F1N1GHTM4R3, there are no vowels (only numbers), so if you don't think you can spell it properly, just copy+paste it please!

Current Project: pjsekai fandragon outfits
[img]https://t2.genius.com/unsafe/340x340/https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F9cb3122e7d3865d5cc928dd89d17679a.700x700x1.jpg[/img] Crybaby by Lori Denae this is some random artist who has almost no listeners (like 15 monthly spotify listeners, it is drastic) that I guess my dad bought a cd somehow? so I listened to her all the time growing up and she is S E V E R E L Y underrated [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/8/89/Billy_Talent_album.jpg[/img] Billy Talent I by Billy Talent another band I grew up on :) also polar opposite vibes from Lori Denae skdjhgkjfds I love II and III too but I think their first album remains my fave :) [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/7/74/O_My_Heart.jpg[/img] O My Heart by Mother Mother [img]https://m.media-amazon.com/images/I/81dvUR12saL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg[/img] Gloom Division by I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME these last two are recent loves, they both have such zany and interesting music and it's SO FUN :D yeah I'd say those are my top ones right now :D
https%3A%2F%2Fimages.genius.com%2F9cb3122e7d3865d5cc928dd89d17679a.700x700x1.jpg

Crybaby by Lori Denae

this is some random artist who has almost no listeners (like 15 monthly spotify listeners, it is drastic) that I guess my dad bought a cd somehow? so I listened to her all the time growing up and she is S E V E R E L Y underrated

Billy_Talent_album.jpg

Billy Talent I by Billy Talent

another band I grew up on :) also polar opposite vibes from Lori Denae skdjhgkjfds
I love II and III too but I think their first album remains my fave :)

O_My_Heart.jpg

O My Heart by Mother Mother

81dvUR12saL._UF1000,1000_QL80_.jpg

Gloom Division by I DON'T KNOW HOW BUT THEY FOUND ME

these last two are recent loves, they both have such zany and interesting music and it's SO FUN :D

yeah I'd say those are my top ones right now :D
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
A black mile to the surface by Manchester orchestra! Absolute favorite music album ever. It’s so atmospheric and emotional to me and my sister showed me their album so it’s special to me:)
A black mile to the surface by Manchester orchestra! Absolute favorite music album ever. It’s so atmospheric and emotional to me and my sister showed me their album so it’s special to me:)
I don’t know what to put here
Oh man I love Tally Hall honestly,,,

The Maybe Man, OK Orchestra and Neotheater by AJR are some of my favourites ngl, Thanks To You Song by Ghost and Pals & Portals by Melanie Martinez are pretty good too though
Oh man I love Tally Hall honestly,,,

The Maybe Man, OK Orchestra and Neotheater by AJR are some of my favourites ngl, Thanks To You Song by Ghost and Pals & Portals by Melanie Martinez are pretty good too though
75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png 63854292_WsxXCfbzeWT8ESA.png 75166122_VZYp9DEPHPhPQoY.png

fLdYOuE.pngpIlgc2u.pngRkXJJ5L.pngmtHAEL4.pngbYt72YT.pngQUIpVFE.png
jbMLSIO.pngleo4ZYP.pngC3gPKb3.png66wxnCy.pngrUoKR6y.pngll0CfnD.png
i am bad at talking about music but i sure can throw things down

title-artist

Good Grief - Cosmic Johnny
i am so upset this isnt on instagram music because i love me some midwestern emo lyrics......

Ghost City - Delta Sleep
narrative and reminds me of music my brother would play in the car

Dans la peau - Kyo
found kyo through french class and i just rlly love this album

Lean Into Life - Petey
good ol emo again

Talon of the Hawk - The Front Bottoms
speaking of emo...!

aurora arc - Bump of Chicken
beloved

Moenie and Kitchi - Gregory and the Hawk
nostalgic at this point

Moments - Hollow Coves
comfort music

Color - Coyote Theory
im running out of things to say i just like it

The Family Tree - Radical Face
long narrative thing split into multiple albums

Nothing Happens - Wallows
you thought you could escape the emo albums

Grow - Bedroom
<3

Helplessness Blues - Fleet Foxes
when DONT i love fleet foxes

With Soul Set Free (deluxe ver) - Marshall Verbsky
i will always and forever promote my brother i love his music so much. folk guitar i think is the best way to describe
i am bad at talking about music but i sure can throw things down

title-artist

Good Grief - Cosmic Johnny
i am so upset this isnt on instagram music because i love me some midwestern emo lyrics......

Ghost City - Delta Sleep
narrative and reminds me of music my brother would play in the car

Dans la peau - Kyo
found kyo through french class and i just rlly love this album

Lean Into Life - Petey
good ol emo again

Talon of the Hawk - The Front Bottoms
speaking of emo...!

aurora arc - Bump of Chicken
beloved

Moenie and Kitchi - Gregory and the Hawk
nostalgic at this point

Moments - Hollow Coves
comfort music

Color - Coyote Theory
im running out of things to say i just like it

The Family Tree - Radical Face
long narrative thing split into multiple albums

Nothing Happens - Wallows
you thought you could escape the emo albums

Grow - Bedroom
<3

Helplessness Blues - Fleet Foxes
when DONT i love fleet foxes

With Soul Set Free (deluxe ver) - Marshall Verbsky
i will always and forever promote my brother i love his music so much. folk guitar i think is the best way to describe
i need to redo my signature
casey/zoru - they/them
fr +3
mp100/spyxfamily/pokemon/loz/ace attorney
i'd die to find another grunge girl but currently its badmotorfinger by soundgarden. I love all soundgarden albums, It's just i chose that one because it has the most amount of favorite songs i pull from it lmao

Out of the big 4 grunge bands though i mostly like Soundgarden and Alice in chains and Pearl jam. Nirvana is kinda eh to me
i'd die to find another grunge girl but currently its badmotorfinger by soundgarden. I love all soundgarden albums, It's just i chose that one because it has the most amount of favorite songs i pull from it lmao

Out of the big 4 grunge bands though i mostly like Soundgarden and Alice in chains and Pearl jam. Nirvana is kinda eh to me
1 2 3 4