Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Do you find it hard to join dom efforts?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
[quote name="Xaotician" date="2024-04-09 08:25:28" ] Raffles, badges, events, months upon months of preplanning, a custom storyline and theme for every halfway serious push--no. [/quote] I understand why other people really enjoy the "storyline" or "themes" of pushes, but I find myself [i]exhausted[/i] by the constant changes. I kinda want at least one push that's exactly the same theme every year. I love the feeling of reliability you get from consistency, the culture and tradition that can develop.
Xaotician wrote on 2024-04-09 08:25:28:
Raffles, badges, events, months upon months of preplanning, a custom storyline and theme for every halfway serious push--no.
I understand why other people really enjoy the "storyline" or "themes" of pushes, but I find myself exhausted by the constant changes. I kinda want at least one push that's exactly the same theme every year. I love the feeling of reliability you get from consistency, the culture and tradition that can develop.
beep bop
[quote name="atalaeai" date="2024-04-09 12:38:44" ] [quote name="Xaotician" date="2024-04-09 08:25:28" ] Raffles, badges, events, months upon months of preplanning, a custom storyline and theme for every halfway serious push--no. [/quote] I understand why other people really enjoy the "storyline" or "themes" of pushes, but I find myself [i]exhausted[/i] by the constant changes. I kinda want at least one push that's exactly the same theme every year. I love the feeling of reliability you get from consistency, the culture and tradition that can develop. [/quote] I know there's few flights that do this! Nature has the "Decorating the Behemoth" push every December, for example. Wind does an annual House Cup iirc, and then Earth does a Father's Day and I believe Shadow does Mother's Day and Veilspun anniversary pushes, off the top of my head. While I'm personally not super involved in Dom organization myself (Dreaming of a day staff revamps Dom, and I just don't wanna use Discord for FR stuff atm), I do check up on the [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/frd/3327645]Dom Watch thread[/url] to see what everyone's doing and participate when I can. I'm more of a donate/send in for raffles participator, but I feel like that's what the organizers organize for in the first place is the community participation.
atalaeai wrote on 2024-04-09 12:38:44:
Raffles, badges, events, months upon months of preplanning, a custom storyline and theme for every halfway serious push--no.
I understand why other people really enjoy the "storyline" or "themes" of pushes, but I find myself exhausted by the constant changes. I kinda want at least one push that's exactly the same theme every year. I love the feeling of reliability you get from consistency, the culture and tradition that can develop.

I know there's few flights that do this! Nature has the "Decorating the Behemoth" push every December, for example. Wind does an annual House Cup iirc, and then Earth does a Father's Day and I believe Shadow does Mother's Day and Veilspun anniversary pushes, off the top of my head.

While I'm personally not super involved in Dom organization myself (Dreaming of a day staff revamps Dom, and I just don't wanna use Discord for FR stuff atm), I do check up on the Dom Watch thread to see what everyone's doing and participate when I can. I'm more of a donate/send in for raffles participator, but I feel like that's what the organizers organize for in the first place is the community participation.
file.php?avatar=2017_1696138998.png

Heya, name's Allysun!
Pet site addict and chronically lazy.
One day I'll give my dragons nice profiles, I swear.

vzFxhEr.png
WIttPie.pngV7jLxQc.png
rGiFZvD.png
Free Palestine
Yeah, I think dominance just does not align with my personal interests. I'd love to engage with Fire community more and like work towards goals, but the pull to keep expanding my lair and lore is greater than the pull to work on exalting dragons.

I think realistically I will always pick new dragons as lair additions over ones I am going to exalt.
Yeah, I think dominance just does not align with my personal interests. I'd love to engage with Fire community more and like work towards goals, but the pull to keep expanding my lair and lore is greater than the pull to work on exalting dragons.

I think realistically I will always pick new dragons as lair additions over ones I am going to exalt.
rI2B9a8.png
I've looked at it so many times and just sighed in defeat, it always is such a beast and doesn't really well explain or give examples for newbies to dom, or give less involved but still participating options. It's pretty sad ngl, I want to be involved in ways, it would help me stay active, and I have friends who are super into it all. Just not built for me I guess.
I've looked at it so many times and just sighed in defeat, it always is such a beast and doesn't really well explain or give examples for newbies to dom, or give less involved but still participating options. It's pretty sad ngl, I want to be involved in ways, it would help me stay active, and I have friends who are super into it all. Just not built for me I guess.
pLcovI9.png qjxrAwx.png
y0rbHJY.png AaYNmEX.png
XC93sMs.png hI3aYZo.png
I've tried to get involved in dom officially before, but I just. Gave up immediately. It's a whole lot of spreadsheets and teams and words I have never heard of and could not find a written guide for nor do I have any clue where they could have come from (Septim??) so I just . Decided Yeah this is too much technical work and not at all for me. (Shadow Does have people to guide you through the whole thing, but the fact that there needs to be a guide for the guide is... a bit much for me)
I hoped it'd at least have somewhere for people who just wanna focus on exalting and hyping each other up without pausing to fill out sheets or have exact IDs of every exalted dragon etc etc, but.... if that exists it isn't on the forums. So nowadays if I notice we're pushing I'll try and exalt some dragons on my own, but I don't bother touching the dom forums at all.
I've tried to get involved in dom officially before, but I just. Gave up immediately. It's a whole lot of spreadsheets and teams and words I have never heard of and could not find a written guide for nor do I have any clue where they could have come from (Septim??) so I just . Decided Yeah this is too much technical work and not at all for me. (Shadow Does have people to guide you through the whole thing, but the fact that there needs to be a guide for the guide is... a bit much for me)
I hoped it'd at least have somewhere for people who just wanna focus on exalting and hyping each other up without pausing to fill out sheets or have exact IDs of every exalted dragon etc etc, but.... if that exists it isn't on the forums. So nowadays if I notice we're pushing I'll try and exalt some dragons on my own, but I don't bother touching the dom forums at all.
AutisticMaveriqueNonbinary, They/Them
SystemOtherkinFurry
This is an exalting lair
[quote name="atalaeai" date="2024-04-08 05:47:07" ] I just really struggle to grok the whole system the community has set up for all the different types of pushes and what you're supposed to do and who you talk to and who you play with and so on and so forth. [/quote] Not so relevant - It's been quite some time since I read Stranger in a Strange Land but it brought such a smile to my face to see someone using 'grok' and I got the feeling immediately for what you were saying. Relevant - You've already gotten so much advice so this is mostly an echo of that - check our your flights dominance discord options. See what teams might appreciate you joining in for training or exalting. Check the DOM forum posts for what flight (if your flight) has an upcoming push planned. Most flights dominance coordinators are very open to being messaged and directing new people to where they're most needed. You'll grok it in no time.
atalaeai wrote on 2024-04-08 05:47:07:
I just really struggle to grok the whole system the community has set up for all the different types of pushes and what you're supposed to do and who you talk to and who you play with and so on and so forth.

Not so relevant - It's been quite some time since I read Stranger in a Strange Land but it brought such a smile to my face to see someone using 'grok' and I got the feeling immediately for what you were saying.

Relevant - You've already gotten so much advice so this is mostly an echo of that - check our your flights dominance discord options. See what teams might appreciate you joining in for training or exalting. Check the DOM forum posts for what flight (if your flight) has an upcoming push planned. Most flights dominance coordinators are very open to being messaged and directing new people to where they're most needed. You'll grok it in no time.
ghostlightbar.png
Only from the darkness can you appreciate the dimmest light.
I thought it was confusing until I actually looked at the spreadsheet and form for submitting exalted dragon numbers for stuff like the in-flight raffles. Then it all made sense and I've been participating in light dom since!

It also helped make sense of public buys and out-of-flight raffles for when other flights are pushing! If there's a raffle, you know I'm selling my fodder to the highest bidder. Once I realized how easy it was, it's been a breeze since!

Light is one of the best dom powerhouses on the site too! I can't remember a conquest push we didn't win (there probably have been one or two, but they were probably from a long time ago!) so I'd say the system in place is pretty dang successful!
I thought it was confusing until I actually looked at the spreadsheet and form for submitting exalted dragon numbers for stuff like the in-flight raffles. Then it all made sense and I've been participating in light dom since!

It also helped make sense of public buys and out-of-flight raffles for when other flights are pushing! If there's a raffle, you know I'm selling my fodder to the highest bidder. Once I realized how easy it was, it's been a breeze since!

Light is one of the best dom powerhouses on the site too! I can't remember a conquest push we didn't win (there probably have been one or two, but they were probably from a long time ago!) so I'd say the system in place is pretty dang successful!
CLljvdp.png
[quote name="Xaotician" date="2024-04-09 08:25:28" ] [i]Snip[/i] And yeah, if you can't walk into your flight's dominance forum and immediately find a concise, clear, up to date quickstart guide for what's currently happening and how to get in on it without the use of Discord, a lot of players will simply shrug and walk away--and at best, just exalt dragons on their own at a helpful time. [/quote] This is how I feel when it comes to Dominance. I tried to get into my Flight's Dominance but checked out fairly quickly. For one, the forums just felt [i]empty[/i] since everything is on Discord. I understand that it's convenient and faster than the forums, but some of us have zero interest in using it. Not to mention there's just so many different threads that I'm left wondering [i]"Where do I start?"[/i] I level and exalt dragons as my little contribution to Dominance efforts, but trying to get into anything else seems like such a hassle if you're not already in the know.
Snip
And yeah, if you can't walk into your flight's dominance forum and immediately find a concise, clear, up to date quickstart guide for what's currently happening and how to get in on it without the use of Discord, a lot of players will simply shrug and walk away--and at best, just exalt dragons on their own at a helpful time.

This is how I feel when it comes to Dominance.

I tried to get into my Flight's Dominance but checked out fairly quickly. For one, the forums just felt empty since everything is on Discord. I understand that it's convenient and faster than the forums, but some of us have zero interest in using it.

Not to mention there's just so many different threads that I'm left wondering "Where do I start?"

I level and exalt dragons as my little contribution to Dominance efforts, but trying to get into anything else seems like such a hassle if you're not already in the know.
1S0Ggwy.png
I'm in light as well, do dom somewhat regularly, and i agree.

Not sure if it's still the case, but the dom watch channel on our flight discord was changed to be hidden and opt-in. For the longest time, I thought they deleted it. Hard to feel good about dom when they're literally hiding it.

I was thinking about leading a suntan, but felt so off put by that. If we don't care about dom, then I guess that's how it is. I'm sorry that I don't know how to change things.
I'm in light as well, do dom somewhat regularly, and i agree.

Not sure if it's still the case, but the dom watch channel on our flight discord was changed to be hidden and opt-in. For the longest time, I thought they deleted it. Hard to feel good about dom when they're literally hiding it.

I was thinking about leading a suntan, but felt so off put by that. If we don't care about dom, then I guess that's how it is. I'm sorry that I don't know how to change things.
41410.png UMA for sale.
as soon as pinglists were introduced i realized how little i want to interact with anything that requires you to navigate off site for any reason, spreadsheets for tracking what you exalted and forum games for pushes and festivals. if i can't grasp or interact with your thread without having to leave the site im not interested, which is sort of the crux of dom especially organizing anything so i guess im having a major old man yells at cloud moment. and this is me overexaggerating (i do still use these features just way less than i used to) but a large part of the reason i stopped bothering with rng adopts (other than yes a silly interactive feature on a pet site was causing me actual stress) was because trying to trade with people with literal hundreds of adopts through a spreadsheet sucked... and then i joined chicken smoothie for some reason. and despite this yes i will keep buying from blossom buddies every so often i just have no clue which badges i have and which i don't because im not making a new copy of my sheet every fest.
as soon as pinglists were introduced i realized how little i want to interact with anything that requires you to navigate off site for any reason, spreadsheets for tracking what you exalted and forum games for pushes and festivals. if i can't grasp or interact with your thread without having to leave the site im not interested, which is sort of the crux of dom especially organizing anything so i guess im having a major old man yells at cloud moment. and this is me overexaggerating (i do still use these features just way less than i used to) but a large part of the reason i stopped bothering with rng adopts (other than yes a silly interactive feature on a pet site was causing me actual stress) was because trying to trade with people with literal hundreds of adopts through a spreadsheet sucked... and then i joined chicken smoothie for some reason. and despite this yes i will keep buying from blossom buddies every so often i just have no clue which badges i have and which i don't because im not making a new copy of my sheet every fest.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8