Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | Breeding Mentorship Hub - DWF
1 2 3 4
@KaitoWang

My total budget for this project is around 200-300kt
@KaitoWang

My total budget for this project is around 200-300kt
Ongoing Affordable OOAK Project: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/3331855
@TuitionFee

Okay, so I took a quick look at the AH and with ranges heading down from your desired colours and starting at Aethers only, there are 10 dragons. Price range isn't crazy high, but none have the gems you're searching for yet. However, some have genes in the same rarity! So they would be a good purchase, gets you to 50/50 odds on the gene. Going the other way, less dragons, but genes are still doing okay! Again, price isn't too bad.
Midnight to Purple, Rose to Smoke and Maizee to Midnight = 10
Moon to midnight, Red to rose and Blush to Maize = 6

At this point, since the genes you want have rarity matches at this stage, you have two places you can start.
1) Simply keep to the rarity and worry about adding the gene later (slightly pricey, but remember, reject babies sell!) OR
2) Widen the range to see if the genes pop up. This will make breeding the colour range back down take longer, but it's doable if you're not in a rush!

Hopefully this gives you a place to start, but feel free to ask for clarification if you're still feeling lost!

Edit: Here's a gene rarity guide that I quite like if you don't have one to work with yet!
@TuitionFee

Okay, so I took a quick look at the AH and with ranges heading down from your desired colours and starting at Aethers only, there are 10 dragons. Price range isn't crazy high, but none have the gems you're searching for yet. However, some have genes in the same rarity! So they would be a good purchase, gets you to 50/50 odds on the gene. Going the other way, less dragons, but genes are still doing okay! Again, price isn't too bad.
Midnight to Purple, Rose to Smoke and Maizee to Midnight = 10
Moon to midnight, Red to rose and Blush to Maize = 6

At this point, since the genes you want have rarity matches at this stage, you have two places you can start.
1) Simply keep to the rarity and worry about adding the gene later (slightly pricey, but remember, reject babies sell!) OR
2) Widen the range to see if the genes pop up. This will make breeding the colour range back down take longer, but it's doable if you're not in a rush!

Hopefully this gives you a place to start, but feel free to ask for clarification if you're still feeling lost!

Edit: Here's a gene rarity guide that I quite like if you don't have one to work with yet!
1Tb5pBN.pngbeanie.pngwind_panbling_by_cicide76536-dcipnll.gif
@kaitowang

Thank you so much :)
@kaitowang

Thank you so much :)
Ongoing Affordable OOAK Project: https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/baz/3331855
@TuitionFee

No problem at all, happy to help! Your goal aether is very pretty! Good luck on your journey, feel free to pop back in if you need!
@TuitionFee

No problem at all, happy to help! Your goal aether is very pretty! Good luck on your journey, feel free to pop back in if you need!
1Tb5pBN.pngbeanie.pngwind_panbling_by_cicide76536-dcipnll.gif
@TuitonFee

I'm not sure how well versed you are with fr breeding. If you've done some playing around with breeding (especially if you've done a few simpler projects), I'd recommend having a look at Ganondorf's breeding guide for how best to set up your project. Given that this is an ancient with two gem genes, the available breeding stock is likely to be highly related, so make sure to assay lots.

A few tips:
  • it's best to start with more pairs than you think you'll need. You may end up having to add pairs slowly if budget is an issue, but you can usually make back your treasure by selling off/training and exalting unneeded hatchlings. Honestly, i would shoot for a sixteen pair start here with my experience with ancients with gem genes
  • You are unlikely to be able to get each breeding dragon to have both starmap and wish, but make sure each pair has at least one of each and each hatchling that goes forward to the next generation has the best genes it can
  • that being said, make sure all your breeding stock have rare genes for both primary and tertiary. Starmap and wish as often as you can get them, but you can breed the desired genes against other rare genes for a 50% chance of the offspring having the desired genes
  • @ganondorf actually has a project going of breeding a pair of aethers with wish. I believe their goal colours are quite different from yours, but AFAIK they started with quite a wide pool, so you should check out their rejects for any that might help with yours

Edit: whoops, looks like I got ninja'd!
@TuitonFee

I'm not sure how well versed you are with fr breeding. If you've done some playing around with breeding (especially if you've done a few simpler projects), I'd recommend having a look at Ganondorf's breeding guide for how best to set up your project. Given that this is an ancient with two gem genes, the available breeding stock is likely to be highly related, so make sure to assay lots.

A few tips:
  • it's best to start with more pairs than you think you'll need. You may end up having to add pairs slowly if budget is an issue, but you can usually make back your treasure by selling off/training and exalting unneeded hatchlings. Honestly, i would shoot for a sixteen pair start here with my experience with ancients with gem genes
  • You are unlikely to be able to get each breeding dragon to have both starmap and wish, but make sure each pair has at least one of each and each hatchling that goes forward to the next generation has the best genes it can
  • that being said, make sure all your breeding stock have rare genes for both primary and tertiary. Starmap and wish as often as you can get them, but you can breed the desired genes against other rare genes for a 50% chance of the offspring having the desired genes
  • @ganondorf actually has a project going of breeding a pair of aethers with wish. I believe their goal colours are quite different from yours, but AFAIK they started with quite a wide pool, so you should check out their rejects for any that might help with yours

Edit: whoops, looks like I got ninja'd!
tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
@TuitionFee

Small addendum off of SongofSummer's response, this one is actually three gem genes! So make sure you're looking at rare genes only!

Normally it's recommended to limit the amount you spend on any one dragon for a project to 50g/kt or below, but that also may mean you might have to look further out to find the right number of dragons. If you need more direction, please feel free to ask!
@TuitionFee

Small addendum off of SongofSummer's response, this one is actually three gem genes! So make sure you're looking at rare genes only!

Normally it's recommended to limit the amount you spend on any one dragon for a project to 50g/kt or below, but that also may mean you might have to look further out to find the right number of dragons. If you need more direction, please feel free to ask!
YOJnt9s.png jt3PpxV.png OSmqshs.png
Well that shows how familiar I am with aether genes! So, yeah, make sure to always double check the rarity of the genes you're working with.

Well that shows how familiar I am with aether genes! So, yeah, make sure to always double check the rarity of the genes you're working with.

tumblr_o4yu8gUBhN1uvtnbto1_400.png
@songofsummer

Thanks for the warning, I almost committed dragon incest :(
@songofsummer

Thanks for the warning, I almost committed dragon incest :(
@TuitionFee @SongofSummer, I sure do! Sky/Rose/Mist Flaunt/Flicker/Wish is my goal, so actually not terribly far off, and I will definitely have rejects in the neighborhood, given I'm still mostly on the 16-pair start. Only trouble is, I have many pairs with treasure primaries. I can certainly write down to keep you in mind for any rejects with all gem genes close to your colours, and see what we get.
@TuitionFee @SongofSummer, I sure do! Sky/Rose/Mist Flaunt/Flicker/Wish is my goal, so actually not terribly far off, and I will definitely have rejects in the neighborhood, given I'm still mostly on the 16-pair start. Only trouble is, I have many pairs with treasure primaries. I can certainly write down to keep you in mind for any rejects with all gem genes close to your colours, and see what we get.
l6nCFA8.png
@ganondorf that’s really nice of you, thanks so much
@ganondorf that’s really nice of you, thanks so much
1 2 3 4