Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | remove pursuit: Breed a pair of dragons
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
[quote name="TheMasterGamer" date="2023-07-08 21:25:18" ] I personally hate this pursuit. Having something that you need to plan days in advance to have a chance to complete seems to go completely against the spirit of pursuits which are meant to just be fun little tasks you can do each day. [/quote] So, fwiw, I had this pursuit poped up and I'm pretty sure it was satisfied by just the initial breeding process of pairing them on the nest; I didn't have to hatch the nest to satisfy it. Have other people had different experiences?
TheMasterGamer wrote on 2023-07-08 21:25:18:
I personally hate this pursuit. Having something that you need to plan days in advance to have a chance to complete seems to go completely against the spirit of pursuits which are meant to just be fun little tasks you can do each day.

So, fwiw, I had this pursuit poped up and I'm pretty sure it was satisfied by just the initial breeding process of pairing them on the nest; I didn't have to hatch the nest to satisfy it. Have other people had different experiences?

mkpoaHZ.png
[quote name="Stormdance" date="2023-07-08 23:43:43" ] [quote name="TheMasterGamer" date="2023-07-08 21:25:18" ] I personally hate this pursuit. Having something that you need to plan days in advance to have a chance to complete seems to go completely against the spirit of pursuits which are meant to just be fun little tasks you can do each day. [/quote] So, fwiw, I had this pursuit poped up and I'm pretty sure it was satisfied by just the initial breeding process of pairing them on the nest; I didn't have to hatch the nest to satisfy it. Have other people had different experiences? [/quote] No, you do not need to hatch the nest to trigger this pursuit. The only thing this pursuit checks for is "did you have two dragons lay a new nest of eggs?" The problem is if you are already using all of your nests, you can't go to the breeding screen as there is no room.
Stormdance wrote on 2023-07-08 23:43:43:
TheMasterGamer wrote on 2023-07-08 21:25:18:
I personally hate this pursuit. Having something that you need to plan days in advance to have a chance to complete seems to go completely against the spirit of pursuits which are meant to just be fun little tasks you can do each day.

So, fwiw, I had this pursuit poped up and I'm pretty sure it was satisfied by just the initial breeding process of pairing them on the nest; I didn't have to hatch the nest to satisfy it. Have other people had different experiences?
No, you do not need to hatch the nest to trigger this pursuit. The only thing this pursuit checks for is "did you have two dragons lay a new nest of eggs?" The problem is if you are already using all of your nests, you can't go to the breeding screen as there is no room.
Do you have to complete the progress bar all the way through the 6th segment to earn a reward? Or is completing the 5th segment (after which there is a break) to earn the reward?

It looks like the biggest reward is at the end of the 5th segment, but if you keep going, there is still a small reward after the 6th segment.

Do you have to complete the progress bar all the way through the 6th segment to earn a reward? Or is completing the 5th segment (after which there is a break) to earn the reward?

It looks like the biggest reward is at the end of the 5th segment, but if you keep going, there is still a small reward after the 6th segment.

Kleos
The pursuit and celebration of glorious action. Those who pursue Kleos must be willing to leave everything behind, seeking glory above all else. Those who achieve Kleos are heroes. They have become immortal through their actions and achieve the immortal honor of serving the glory of Glittermom, the Light Weaver.
Eternal renown, immortal fame - - Kleos is imperishable
I'm not sure how the pursuits system works, but if it's personal to the player, (even if it isn't it, the system could be changed to be player specific) I think it shouldn't be allowed to pull for players without empty nests. That way players with their nesting grounds fully stocked wouldn't get the 'breed a dragon' pursuit.
I'm not sure how the pursuits system works, but if it's personal to the player, (even if it isn't it, the system could be changed to be player specific) I think it shouldn't be allowed to pull for players without empty nests. That way players with their nesting grounds fully stocked wouldn't get the 'breed a dragon' pursuit.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
I would like to support this. It is extremely frustrating having something come up (repeatedly) that you have no way to complete. I have no problem with a Weekly task to breed a pair of dragons, but it does not seem like a Daily task.
I would like to support this. It is extremely frustrating having something come up (repeatedly) that you have no way to complete. I have no problem with a Weekly task to breed a pair of dragons, but it does not seem like a Daily task.
FR+2___he/him___tumblr_inline_p3wmc1XTnv1tc3swm_540.png
tumblr_nqyzrfjqhw1uzc8vbo10_250.png
w8o0xW1.png
no support - pursuits aren't mandatory, just skip it instead of complaining

i hate the fairground and baldwin pursuits but i'm not campaigning for them to be removed since i genuinely don't want to do them, i just simply skip them
no support - pursuits aren't mandatory, just skip it instead of complaining

i hate the fairground and baldwin pursuits but i'm not campaigning for them to be removed since i genuinely don't want to do them, i just simply skip them
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
no support - That would take away pursuits from others. If everyone successfully campaigned to remove pursuits they didn't like. I don't like being "forced" to spend money at the Raffle, for example, but some players take a chance on it every week. They would not be happy if they no longer got pursuit credit for that just because others don't play the raffle.

The way it is set up now is so that there are a whole bunch of ways to participate.

Regarding the breeding pursuit specifically - - - I used to do all my breeding, and later all my hatching on the same day. When this pursuit came up on a day I couldn't breed, I made a small and easy change. I breed 1 pair every day. Because I have invested in 5 nests, I also hatch a nest every daly, which ls another pursuit.

Pros:
  • lt's now part of my nighty routine, so I never forget to breed my dragons.
  • It tales less time to breed 1 pair vs. 5 pairs..
  • I need fewer lair slots for hatchlings (no sudden downpour hatchlings)
  • No more anxiety about missing a pursuit.

no support - That would take away pursuits from others. If everyone successfully campaigned to remove pursuits they didn't like. I don't like being "forced" to spend money at the Raffle, for example, but some players take a chance on it every week. They would not be happy if they no longer got pursuit credit for that just because others don't play the raffle.

The way it is set up now is so that there are a whole bunch of ways to participate.

Regarding the breeding pursuit specifically - - - I used to do all my breeding, and later all my hatching on the same day. When this pursuit came up on a day I couldn't breed, I made a small and easy change. I breed 1 pair every day. Because I have invested in 5 nests, I also hatch a nest every daly, which ls another pursuit.

Pros:
  • lt's now part of my nighty routine, so I never forget to breed my dragons.
  • It tales less time to breed 1 pair vs. 5 pairs..
  • I need fewer lair slots for hatchlings (no sudden downpour hatchlings)

Kleos
The pursuit and celebration of glorious action. Those who pursue Kleos must be willing to leave everything behind, seeking glory above all else. Those who achieve Kleos are heroes. They have become immortal through their actions and achieve the immortal honor of serving the glory of Glittermom, the Light Weaver.
Eternal renown, immortal fame - - Kleos is imperishable
[quote name="2Blue2BTrue" date="2023-08-25 14:15:59" ] I'm not sure how the pursuits system works, but if it's personal to the player, (even if it isn't it, the system could be changed to be player specific) I think it shouldn't be allowed to pull for players without empty nests. That way players with their nesting grounds fully stocked wouldn't get the 'breed a dragon' pursuit. [/quote] Support for this at a minimum too. Though, I still do believe the two tasks (incubating and breeding) should be mixed for daily pursuits.
2Blue2BTrue wrote on 2023-08-25 14:15:59:
Support for this at a minimum too. Though, I still do believe the two tasks (incubating and breeding) should be mixed for daily pursuits.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Almost a year later, this pursuit remains just as annoying every time it comes up. The primary argument that keeps coming up for why not to remove it is 'pursuit are optional'. Unlike ones that you have option to skip if you don't like it, this one doesn't give an option. You are forced to skip it, which for many people is extremely aggravating.

Yes, you can plan your nests specifically to always have one open and defend yourself against this otherwise impossible pursuit. This doesn't work for everyone though. Be it for planing hatch dates, renting to other players, or simply not having all 5 nests unlocked yet, there are many reasons for someone not to want to have to do this.
Almost a year later, this pursuit remains just as annoying every time it comes up. The primary argument that keeps coming up for why not to remove it is 'pursuit are optional'. Unlike ones that you have option to skip if you don't like it, this one doesn't give an option. You are forced to skip it, which for many people is extremely aggravating.

Yes, you can plan your nests specifically to always have one open and defend yourself against this otherwise impossible pursuit. This doesn't work for everyone though. Be it for planing hatch dates, renting to other players, or simply not having all 5 nests unlocked yet, there are many reasons for someone not to want to have to do this.
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2024-03-24 12:12:20" ] i hate the fairground and baldwin pursuits but i'm not campaigning for them to be removed since i genuinely don't want to do them, i just simply skip them [/quote] [quote name="Bantymom" date="2024-03-24 15:06:28" ] I don't like being "forced" to spend money at the Raffle, for example, but some players take a chance on it every week. [/quote] Please do not compare your "inability" to complete pursuits for site features that you [b]choose not to interact with[/b], to other player's actual inability to complete pursuits for site features that they [b]do interact with as much as they possibly can[/b]. I have my own set of pursuits that I choose not to bother with, for "Design an outfit" I could just put a hat on and hit save, but I don't want to, same thing for saving a scry, wouldn't cost me anything but time to do it I just don't want to. Four days out of five I am [b]unable [/b]to complete the daily pursuit for breeding a pair of dragons (unless I spend 350 gems), and on that fifth day I complete it for "free" before I even realize I have it. I could not breed my dragons more than I already do, yet this is how the daily breeding pursuit works with my playstyle, either I [b]can [/b]click the button or I [b]cannot [/b], there is no choice, no "want". [quote name="Bantymom" date="2024-03-24 15:06:28" ] Regarding the breeding pursuit specifically - - - I used to do all my breeding, and later all my hatching on the same day. When this pursuit came up on a day I couldn't breed, I made a small and easy change. I breed 1 pair every day. Pros: [LIST] [*]No more anxiety about missing a pursuit. [/LIST] [/quote] @Bantymom You are a perfect example of why this particular pursuit is bad for the game, as I understand your post you felt anxiety thanks to this pursuit and decided to complete change the way you interact with the breeding feature, just to make sure you could always complete it any day it might come up. You should not have had to feel like you needed to do that, but it's great that you've found you prefer hatching nests everyday instead. Personally I prefer only having to manage new hatches every five days, and I shouldn't have to feel like my playstyle is wrong, yet this one pursuit, four days out of five, serves as a reminder. Fact is, the "Breed a pair of dragons" daily pursuit is the ONLY pursuit in the game that players can, as a result of regular gameplay, be unable to complete unless they're willing to use a premium currency item. That is bad design, plain and simple.
hungryhobbits wrote on 2024-03-24 12:12:20:
Bantymom wrote on 2024-03-24 15:06:28:
I don't like being "forced" to spend money at the Raffle, for example, but some players take a chance on it every week.
Please do not compare your "inability" to complete pursuits for site features that you choose not to interact with, to other player's actual inability to complete pursuits for site features that they do interact with as much as they possibly can.

I have my own set of pursuits that I choose not to bother with, for "Design an outfit" I could just put a hat on and hit save, but I don't want to, same thing for saving a scry, wouldn't cost me anything but time to do it I just don't want to.

Four days out of five I am unable to complete the daily pursuit for breeding a pair of dragons (unless I spend 350 gems), and on that fifth day I complete it for "free" before I even realize I have it.
I could not breed my dragons more than I already do, yet this is how the daily breeding pursuit works with my playstyle, either I can click the button or I cannot , there is no choice, no "want".

Bantymom wrote on 2024-03-24 15:06:28:
Regarding the breeding pursuit specifically - - - I used to do all my breeding, and later all my hatching on the same day. When this pursuit came up on a day I couldn't breed, I made a small and easy change. I breed 1 pair every day.

Pros:
@Bantymom
You are a perfect example of why this particular pursuit is bad for the game, as I understand your post you felt anxiety thanks to this pursuit and decided to complete change the way you interact with the breeding feature, just to make sure you could always complete it any day it might come up.

You should not have had to feel like you needed to do that, but it's great that you've found you prefer hatching nests everyday instead.
Personally I prefer only having to manage new hatches every five days, and I shouldn't have to feel like my playstyle is wrong, yet this one pursuit, four days out of five, serves as a reminder.

Fact is, the "Breed a pair of dragons" daily pursuit is the ONLY pursuit in the game that players can, as a result of regular gameplay, be unable to complete unless they're willing to use a premium currency item.
That is bad design, plain and simple.
1 2 ... 10 11 12 13 14 15 16