Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | It's Spring! Let's Garden!
1 2
I've given up on starting seeds indoors, hardening them off is more trouble than it's worth for me lol

So closer to May I'll go out and plant all my seeds in the ground :)

However now that I'm thinking about it I may start some peppers soon. They take so long it may be worth it.
I've given up on starting seeds indoors, hardening them off is more trouble than it's worth for me lol

So closer to May I'll go out and plant all my seeds in the ground :)

However now that I'm thinking about it I may start some peppers soon. They take so long it may be worth it.
BQc0zeB.png TtwDY9f.png 3tb5M5M.png
Ooh this is perfect for me! I actually work as a horticulturist at a botanical garden so most of my gardening is done outside these days! I recently planted a bunch of Iris [i]virginica[/i] and am finalizing my design for a native wildflower meadow in my area of the garden! Other garden adjacent things I've been doing recently would be completing a prescribed fire manager course with my state forestry commission and I'll also be getting my degree in natural resource management in a few months! I have a few houseplants as well but not many since I recently moved. A few philodendron, some sansevieria, pothos, and moss lol. Now Spring is here I really wanna decide what to keep and what not to and get some new plant babies. [emoji=plant size=1]
Ooh this is perfect for me! I actually work as a horticulturist at a botanical garden so most of my gardening is done outside these days! I recently planted a bunch of Iris virginica and am finalizing my design for a native wildflower meadow in my area of the garden!

Other garden adjacent things I've been doing recently would be completing a prescribed fire manager course with my state forestry commission and I'll also be getting my degree in natural resource management in a few months!

I have a few houseplants as well but not many since I recently moved. A few philodendron, some sansevieria, pothos, and moss lol. Now Spring is here I really wanna decide what to keep and what not to and get some new plant babies.
d1lIMFI.pngtqGkHih.pngyPlj8ew.pngmlHpBMC.png
I will not miss hurricane season. I lost my seed bag during the last one. I’ll be moving and then my stuff won’t be getting whipped out into who knows where. There’s a neighbor that’s going to have a bunch of feral asters this year. I ended up with some ones violets when the runoff from the other storm brought those in. It’s wizard of oz for plant sheds. Will not be missing that.
I will not miss hurricane season. I lost my seed bag during the last one. I’ll be moving and then my stuff won’t be getting whipped out into who knows where. There’s a neighbor that’s going to have a bunch of feral asters this year. I ended up with some ones violets when the runoff from the other storm brought those in. It’s wizard of oz for plant sheds. Will not be missing that.
As soon as it gets warm enough I'll venture out into the remains of last year's garden, clear the dead tomato plants out and start again. I really hope the kale I planted last year overwintered okay.
As soon as it gets warm enough I'll venture out into the remains of last year's garden, clear the dead tomato plants out and start again. I really hope the kale I planted last year overwintered okay.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
To be honest my joy for gardening has been hindered.

I’ve been thinking about the new spaces and adding the cactus pups to them. In the meantime I’ve had this pain of a landscaping job. The neighboring building hates every part of it (literally just removing all the bone dry dead plant material and trash, plus planting up the baby petunias). Also lots and lots of hand weeding because the lot was allowed to go thistle jungle on everyone. I know you can eat nonnative stinging nettles but honestly an entire “lawn” of that is a bit much.

Yet every time, it’s like I’ve just ruined everyones’ lives. I really hope they don’t salt the petunias after all of this. I’m attached to those little flowers now. I was getting guff for not wanting to go plant up the place yesterday. But it’s like, ok than supervise me there so y’all can deal with the anti-petunia brigade. And then the other folks come over and say that the petunias aren’t exotic and instagramable enough. But seriously it was dirt, trash, and stinging invasive species; clearly this’ll have to do.

I personally just want a thriving cactus garden for me-myself-and I. Working for other peoples tastes is just the worst.
To be honest my joy for gardening has been hindered.

I’ve been thinking about the new spaces and adding the cactus pups to them. In the meantime I’ve had this pain of a landscaping job. The neighboring building hates every part of it (literally just removing all the bone dry dead plant material and trash, plus planting up the baby petunias). Also lots and lots of hand weeding because the lot was allowed to go thistle jungle on everyone. I know you can eat nonnative stinging nettles but honestly an entire “lawn” of that is a bit much.

Yet every time, it’s like I’ve just ruined everyones’ lives. I really hope they don’t salt the petunias after all of this. I’m attached to those little flowers now. I was getting guff for not wanting to go plant up the place yesterday. But it’s like, ok than supervise me there so y’all can deal with the anti-petunia brigade. And then the other folks come over and say that the petunias aren’t exotic and instagramable enough. But seriously it was dirt, trash, and stinging invasive species; clearly this’ll have to do.

I personally just want a thriving cactus garden for me-myself-and I. Working for other peoples tastes is just the worst.
I live in an apartment with no garden so most of my plants are indoor only. Mostly grow neglected rescue orchids from garden centers. It's very pleasing to see them jump back from near death and be rewarded with new leaves and flower spikes. 3 are now blooming!

Also my partners brother brought me anemone flower seeds from Netherlands. Planted them in a pot and now I'm patiently waiting to see if they sprout or not. Not sure if it's a big plant. If it is, I will probably end up asking my neighbor to take them in to replant in her garden. But for now time will tell.
I live in an apartment with no garden so most of my plants are indoor only. Mostly grow neglected rescue orchids from garden centers. It's very pleasing to see them jump back from near death and be rewarded with new leaves and flower spikes. 3 are now blooming!

Also my partners brother brought me anemone flower seeds from Netherlands. Planted them in a pot and now I'm patiently waiting to see if they sprout or not. Not sure if it's a big plant. If it is, I will probably end up asking my neighbor to take them in to replant in her garden. But for now time will tell.
3a2eEFc.gifA badge of a stone frog fountain, pouring water into a pot. Mountain chickadees flutter around the bamboo next to it.
i going to pick out new plants soon

i want a flower that the bumblebee goes into and its butt sticks out thats very funny

i wanna get

cotoneaster (they turn rainbow in the fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
white raspberry (they are way better than red imo i ate them raw lol)
blackcap raspberry and white bark raspberry and the other "blue" rasperry
black currant
peaches
passionfruit (greenhouse)
snapdragons
rainbow vegetables (carrots potatoes corns etc)
peas
whatever the red branches is i like the red branches
weird plants
venus flytraps (have a mix but they take forever)
giant sunflower
pear tree (also has rainbow leaves in fall but not as much as cotoneaster)
chokecherry (pretty)
grapes
blueberries
snakeplant
cherry tree (the pink one)
strawberries
apple tree
prickly pear cactus
i going to pick out new plants soon

i want a flower that the bumblebee goes into and its butt sticks out thats very funny

i wanna get

cotoneaster (they turn rainbow in the fall!!!!!!!!!!!!!!)
white raspberry (they are way better than red imo i ate them raw lol)
blackcap raspberry and white bark raspberry and the other "blue" rasperry
black currant
peaches
passionfruit (greenhouse)
snapdragons
rainbow vegetables (carrots potatoes corns etc)
peas
whatever the red branches is i like the red branches
weird plants
venus flytraps (have a mix but they take forever)
giant sunflower
pear tree (also has rainbow leaves in fall but not as much as cotoneaster)
chokecherry (pretty)
grapes
blueberries
snakeplant
cherry tree (the pink one)
strawberries
apple tree
prickly pear cactus
give and get weird ugly soap or stained game game
Give & get space tertiary game
give & get medusa tertiary game
pretty dergs for sale v2 (open) next bargain bin next
wyvern-hatchling-fire-pixel.gif
i want to grow some little herbs sometime, the weather here is very chaotic right now but i really want to garden soon! i'd love to garden some strawberries someday!
i want to grow some little herbs sometime, the weather here is very chaotic right now but i really want to garden soon! i'd love to garden some strawberries someday!
y3CR4IN.png
I'm growing a lil garden this year, it's just going to be a bunch of flowers :)

I've already bought a couple but I'm waiting until its a little warmer at night before I start planting them
I'm growing a lil garden this year, it's just going to be a bunch of flowers :)

I've already bought a couple but I'm waiting until its a little warmer at night before I start planting them
1 2