Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Star Wars
1 2 3
I'm a bit of a fan as well. I will admit, I like the prequels a miniscule bit more than the original episodes, but it was mainly because of the fight scenes, Liam Neeson, and Christopher Lee.

@Sapphire89 My boyfriend was devastated when he found out that the expanded universe was no longer "canon." He's nuts about Revan... granted, I can't complain, because Revan is awesome
I'm a bit of a fan as well. I will admit, I like the prequels a miniscule bit more than the original episodes, but it was mainly because of the fight scenes, Liam Neeson, and Christopher Lee.

@Sapphire89 My boyfriend was devastated when he found out that the expanded universe was no longer "canon." He's nuts about Revan... granted, I can't complain, because Revan is awesome
yjJhTxB.pngdeepsea_sword.png
I like the prequels more because its what my generation grew up with. My parents were children when Star Wars came out. I was a little devastated but I'm slightly hopeful that maybe Disney will take some elements from the EU.
I really don't want to accept that Jar Jar is canon and Mara Jade isn't. I just can't accept that.
I like the prequels more because its what my generation grew up with. My parents were children when Star Wars came out. I was a little devastated but I'm slightly hopeful that maybe Disney will take some elements from the EU.
I really don't want to accept that Jar Jar is canon and Mara Jade isn't. I just can't accept that.
I've always been more of a trek fan, but then this game happened. [img]http://www.fantasyflightgames.com/ffg_content/x-wing/box-SWX01-left.png[/img] And i loved it so much i had to do my homework star wars wise.
I've always been more of a trek fan, but then this game happened.
box-SWX01-left.png
And i loved it so much i had to do my homework star wars wise.
@Zaal
Cool, another Trek fan in here! But yeah, the games can sometimes get people hooked
@Zaal
Cool, another Trek fan in here! But yeah, the games can sometimes get people hooked
yjJhTxB.pngdeepsea_sword.png
I like Star Trek. I've watched all the tv shows and seen almost all the movies. I like Star Trek but I love Star Wars more.
I like Star Trek. I've watched all the tv shows and seen almost all the movies. I like Star Trek but I love Star Wars more.
SCREAMS ok ok ok so I just rewatched all [s]six[/s] five movies with my sister Redhead, who hadn't seen them before (we skipped Phantom Menace, ok? I wanted to see if it would make the rest of them better). Finding out Redhead had never seen Star Wars before gave me a chance to try watching them in a different order. Hold up, because this is awesome. The best way to watch the Star Wars movies is in the following order: [LIST] [*]A New Hope [*]The Empire Strikes Back [*]Attack of the Clones [*]Revenge of the Sith [*]Return of the Jedi [/LIST] All the reasons that I could list for doing it this way are explained, much better than I could, [url=http://www.nomachetejuggling.com/2011/11/11/the-star-wars-saga-suggested-viewing-order/]here[/url]. {eta: sadly, watching in this order does not improve Hayden Christendork's acting, although suffering through it becomes more bearable with the knowledge that there's a better movie coming.} Suffice it to say that introducing Redhead to Star Wars awakened my own long-dormant love. I have since purchased the entire Thrawn trilogy (whyyyyyyyyyyy has all this been struck from canon?*) and I plan on purchasing everything I can get my hands on. Books, comics, you name it, even video games if I have to build my own computer from scratch in order to play them. I'm also going to watch The Clone Wars with Redhead. It's on Netflix. (*shhhh I know why it's because execs [s]are butts[/s] are rolling out a new movie and don't want to bother making it match the established EU) eta: ok one more thing [img]http://37.media.tumblr.com/ce75c45e00c098909b5ee810cca3fc6b/tumblr_n9nt8cUrlj1tfqgono1_500.jpg[/img]
SCREAMS

ok ok ok so I just rewatched all six five movies with my sister Redhead, who hadn't seen them before (we skipped Phantom Menace, ok? I wanted to see if it would make the rest of them better). Finding out Redhead had never seen Star Wars before gave me a chance to try watching them in a different order. Hold up, because this is awesome.

The best way to watch the Star Wars movies is in the following order:
  • A New Hope
  • The Empire Strikes Back
  • Attack of the Clones
  • Revenge of the Sith
  • Return of the Jedi

All the reasons that I could list for doing it this way are explained, much better than I could, here. {eta: sadly, watching in this order does not improve Hayden Christendork's acting, although suffering through it becomes more bearable with the knowledge that there's a better movie coming.} Suffice it to say that introducing Redhead to Star Wars awakened my own long-dormant love. I have since purchased the entire Thrawn trilogy (whyyyyyyyyyyy has all this been struck from canon?*) and I plan on purchasing everything I can get my hands on. Books, comics, you name it, even video games if I have to build my own computer from scratch in order to play them.

I'm also going to watch The Clone Wars with Redhead. It's on Netflix.

(*shhhh I know why it's because execs are butts are rolling out a new movie and don't want to bother making it match the established EU)

eta: ok one more thing

tumblr_n9nt8cUrlj1tfqgono1_500.jpg
Nuzlocke (on hiatus)
kuiMdyV.png
It's an interesting thought and idea but I still prefer watching them in chronological order I-VI. It's because I'm into history, that's what I got a college degree in, I watch the movies in order, I even take a break between II and III so I can watch both tv adaptations of the Clone Wars. One day I'm going to own all the books, pre Disney Star Wars canon, and do everything in order. Why? Probably because I'm a little bit crazy. But honestly it doesn't matter how you watch them just as long as you enjoy them.
It's an interesting thought and idea but I still prefer watching them in chronological order I-VI. It's because I'm into history, that's what I got a college degree in, I watch the movies in order, I even take a break between II and III so I can watch both tv adaptations of the Clone Wars. One day I'm going to own all the books, pre Disney Star Wars canon, and do everything in order. Why? Probably because I'm a little bit crazy. But honestly it doesn't matter how you watch them just as long as you enjoy them.
I prefer the original trilogy to the newer three, mostly for characters and the nostalgia feeling I get when I watch them. But I prefer the books over the movies any day. I actually collect the books (and I suppose I'd better get on that faster, if they're making everything no-longer-canon and will be branching out with more books...) Not 100% sure how they're planning on doing that, given how there's 40+ years of timeline already published. But at the same time, I guess there's no fun in developing movies for something that's got 40+ years of details that fans will gripe over if they're not followed properly. Still, I'm not sure how I'll feel if, say, the main characters' children are altered or things like that.

I'll do my best to keep an open mind and just enjoy the movies for what they are. But that's also not about to stop me from continuing to enjoy my books~ (I just bought the rest of the Fate of the Jedi series a few days ago, and am waiting for it to come in the mail. :D And rereading from the beginning in the meantime!)
I prefer the original trilogy to the newer three, mostly for characters and the nostalgia feeling I get when I watch them. But I prefer the books over the movies any day. I actually collect the books (and I suppose I'd better get on that faster, if they're making everything no-longer-canon and will be branching out with more books...) Not 100% sure how they're planning on doing that, given how there's 40+ years of timeline already published. But at the same time, I guess there's no fun in developing movies for something that's got 40+ years of details that fans will gripe over if they're not followed properly. Still, I'm not sure how I'll feel if, say, the main characters' children are altered or things like that.

I'll do my best to keep an open mind and just enjoy the movies for what they are. But that's also not about to stop me from continuing to enjoy my books~ (I just bought the rest of the Fate of the Jedi series a few days ago, and am waiting for it to come in the mail. :D And rereading from the beginning in the meantime!)
scribblesisonlydoodling.gif

wind_0.pngwind_1.pngwind_2.pngwind_3.png
2rnjx3s.png
@Sapphire89

aY a star wars nerd thread awesome

so yeah hi guys i really like star wars and am always looking for more people to cry with over clone troopers

oOOH you know what would be amazing? clone trooper skinsssss

i should try to make some or smth.

like either full-on skins that look like the armour, or accents for all my faves armour detailing, like Jaig eyes for Rex, etc
@Sapphire89

aY a star wars nerd thread awesome

so yeah hi guys i really like star wars and am always looking for more people to cry with over clone troopers

oOOH you know what would be amazing? clone trooper skinsssss

i should try to make some or smth.

like either full-on skins that look like the armour, or accents for all my faves armour detailing, like Jaig eyes for Rex, etc
23.png jellyfishprincex
they/he | FR + 3

Fire Flight
52526.png
Please ping me!

23815.png
That would be pretty awesome!
That would be pretty awesome!
1 2 3