Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | New Dawn - Multifandom FR RP (OPEN!)
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12
[b][Bunker][/b] [img]https://cdn.picrew.me/shareImg/org/202403/636011_4WCgc5is.png[/img] [b]Name:[/b] Kagiso Ström [b]Age:[/b] 24? [b]Species:[/b] Human/Stickperson [b]Gender:[/b] Undiscernible [b]Orientation[/b] No Preference [b]Fandom:[/b] Yes, Henry Stickmin Collection - OC [b]Magic:[/b] Gained [b]Physical Description:[/b] N/A [b]Powers & Abilities:[/b] - Magician's Trick: Kagiso can pull just about anything out of their hat, as well as store anything in it as well. - Unpredictable: Kagiso is unable to be targeted by any sort of precognition, or future prediction abilities. - Easter Egg: Every so often (Cooldown of 5-8 posts by anyone), a random movie/game/show/book Easter egg will happen around Kagiso, whether it be an item, and event, or a saying. (Feel free to decide on an Easter egg and react to it in your post. I.E. Someone else can make a SM64 reference, and I'll count that as an Easter egg charge. It can be helpful,, harmful, or negligible, just nothing broken.) - Glint: Occasionally (2-3 of my posts), the yellow part of Kagiso's eye will switch from partially yellow, to completely black. Before flashing a bright yellow that blinds anyone looking directly at them, or near them. [b]Strengths & Weaknesses[/b] Will edit them in later. [b]Items:[/b] - Hat: Where most of their items come from. This hat can be removed, but after an hour of being away from it, it teleports back onto their head. [b]Backstory:[/b] In progress [b]Extra Info:[/b] Just in case I have to do it again: Apple Bottom Jeans
[Bunker]
636011_4WCgc5is.png
Name: Kagiso Ström
Species: Human/Stickperson
Orientation No Preference
Fandom: Yes, Henry Stickmin Collection - OC
Magic: Gained
Physical Description: N/A
Powers & Abilities:
- Magician's Trick: Kagiso can pull just about anything out of their hat, as well as store anything in it as well.
- Unpredictable: Kagiso is unable to be targeted by any sort of precognition, or future prediction abilities.
- Easter Egg: Every so often (Cooldown of 5-8 posts by anyone), a random movie/game/show/book Easter egg will happen around Kagiso, whether it be an item, and event, or a saying. (Feel free to decide on an Easter egg and react to it in your post. I.E. Someone else can make a SM64 reference, and I'll count that as an Easter egg charge. It can be helpful,, harmful, or negligible, just nothing broken.)
- Glint: Occasionally (2-3 of my posts), the yellow part of Kagiso's eye will switch from partially yellow, to completely black. Before flashing a bright yellow that blinds anyone looking directly at them, or near them.
Strengths & Weaknesses Will edit them in later.
Items:
- Hat: Where most of their items come from. This hat can be removed, but after an hour of being away from it, it teleports back onto their head.
Backstory: In progress
Extra Info:
Just in case I have to do it again: Apple Bottom Jeans
Space was so Cool~
So Cool~
But it won't even live in a Memory
Universe Unspooled~
So Cruel~
To be Leaving with only a Melody~
You know what? I have too many new ideas sometimes.
You know what? I have too many new ideas sometimes.
LIo8D8G.gif
Hi lads

I'm gonna update the character list real quick.

Hi lads

I'm gonna update the character list real quick.

40d328c43be268b5d074dbc874b8ba24.jpg
ah, bugger it. it's been long enough since i've last roleplayed and i've been trying to find a good damn multi-fandom one. hopefully forums going much slower than discord will let me actually participate lol

let me get a character sheet (or two) up and running. actually before i do that, questions so i know what i'm working with:

specifically about fitting characters in. should i just write whatever i think fits for the character sheet and it will be figured out after the fact, or is there anyone i should contact to bounce ideas off to make sure i'm not wonking the established worldbuilding too badly?
also, how much worldbuilding foundation am i allowed to write in? i.e. locations, world mechanics, what-have-you. i’m absolutely NOT planning to write half the world’s history, don’t worry, i’m not going to do that, i just want to know how much free reign i have so i don’t overcompensate for anxiety’s sake.

thanks!

something something jeans with those apple bottoms.
ah, bugger it. it's been long enough since i've last roleplayed and i've been trying to find a good damn multi-fandom one. hopefully forums going much slower than discord will let me actually participate lol

let me get a character sheet (or two) up and running. actually before i do that, questions so i know what i'm working with:

specifically about fitting characters in. should i just write whatever i think fits for the character sheet and it will be figured out after the fact, or is there anyone i should contact to bounce ideas off to make sure i'm not wonking the established worldbuilding too badly?
also, how much worldbuilding foundation am i allowed to write in? i.e. locations, world mechanics, what-have-you. i’m absolutely NOT planning to write half the world’s history, don’t worry, i’m not going to do that, i just want to know how much free reign i have so i don’t overcompensate for anxiety’s sake.

thanks!

something something jeans with those apple bottoms.
8aKVtucC_o.png
Hi there

Honestly, don't fret too much about the world building. You can tell me your ideas, and I can offer some suggestions if that helps. I wanted to inspire a little bit of creativity for the characters.

So, the world before everything got turned to FR-IRL was similar to the real world, but there's secret magic and stuff. I don't want to put too much stress on the players, and you don't have to write a ton.

Just avoid doing stuff like "(X) is a super all-powerful half dragon deity half cosmic creature that can bend everything to their will. If you don't do what they say, you will be in a world of hurt!"
Hi there

Honestly, don't fret too much about the world building. You can tell me your ideas, and I can offer some suggestions if that helps. I wanted to inspire a little bit of creativity for the characters.

So, the world before everything got turned to FR-IRL was similar to the real world, but there's secret magic and stuff. I don't want to put too much stress on the players, and you don't have to write a ton.

Just avoid doing stuff like "(X) is a super all-powerful half dragon deity half cosmic creature that can bend everything to their will. If you don't do what they say, you will be in a world of hurt!"
very cool very pogchamp, shall take you up on that offer!

tl;dr v1 ultrakill is posing a gigantic problem for me because while i think there’s a very simple way to stick it in here (essentially just take the “is a war machine that didnt hit mass production” part of its backstory and nothing else) if i take that option it will be missing many foundational experiences (and/or part of its backstory, which i’m sure will cause knock-on issues) causing characterization shenanigans. like, don’t get me wrong, writing AU versions of characters is all fun and cool but ehhhhhhhh.

enough rambling from me, issues as laid out:
> it’s a war machine built at the end of a world-spanning war and specifically was developed just a tiny bit too late to actually be put into production. NOT an issue, fits perfectly in here, just context for the next point in case that’s needed
> specifically it was designed as a hard counter to earthmovers, which, uh, were near-impervious to literally anything except internal sabotage. also had enough firepower to raze cities to the ground and straightup ended up having cities built on their backs ‘cuz that was the only safe place remaining.
i’d normally just make that a backstory point, however given the sheer impact and power of those things i’d rather ask how much that’d actually impact the backstory of this rp and how i should implement this at all. of course it probably should be dialed back to be less all-consuming of the final front of this war! but i’d also not want to dial it back so much that it affects V1’s own… narrative, i guess, if that makes sense.

> the SPECIFIC PLOT OF THE GAME is that it is an unspecified amount of time after humanity has completely died out, leaving the machines to survive however they can, which leads to them delving into literal christian (ish) hell to find fuel there. of course given that this is the plot of the game, a good chunk of development happens in this.
issues that arise: canonization of hell or a hell-like location, whatever, need the place to exist in some capacity. would like it to have gone through at least approx. 1/3rd of the game due to events that i’d like to have happened (both v2 fights, at least one gabriel fight. sorry, vague w/o context, can provide more if needed)
further issues with canonization of a heaven(-like location) for archangel existence purposes.

> oooogh. oh. that’d pose a problem if anyone were to claim v2 actually, i’d be… kinda locking in a good chunk of their backstory by doing that. no idea how to reconcile this

hell on a bagel, i am sorry i ramble so much. hopefully that is helpful
uh also i am thinking of submitting doc madnesscombat but thankfully he has a less massive impact on things that need to exist/have happened. Yeag
kiiiinda looking at v2 as well but much iffier on them because both i’m bad at writing them, they’re another major character that interacts a lot with v1 which is, yknow, really awkward if i’m writing both, and also three characters is a lot to juggle. so. prolly not a good idea!
very cool very pogchamp, shall take you up on that offer!

tl;dr v1 ultrakill is posing a gigantic problem for me because while i think there’s a very simple way to stick it in here (essentially just take the “is a war machine that didnt hit mass production” part of its backstory and nothing else) if i take that option it will be missing many foundational experiences (and/or part of its backstory, which i’m sure will cause knock-on issues) causing characterization shenanigans. like, don’t get me wrong, writing AU versions of characters is all fun and cool but ehhhhhhhh.

enough rambling from me, issues as laid out:
> it’s a war machine built at the end of a world-spanning war and specifically was developed just a tiny bit too late to actually be put into production. NOT an issue, fits perfectly in here, just context for the next point in case that’s needed
> specifically it was designed as a hard counter to earthmovers, which, uh, were near-impervious to literally anything except internal sabotage. also had enough firepower to raze cities to the ground and straightup ended up having cities built on their backs ‘cuz that was the only safe place remaining.
i’d normally just make that a backstory point, however given the sheer impact and power of those things i’d rather ask how much that’d actually impact the backstory of this rp and how i should implement this at all. of course it probably should be dialed back to be less all-consuming of the final front of this war! but i’d also not want to dial it back so much that it affects V1’s own… narrative, i guess, if that makes sense.

> the SPECIFIC PLOT OF THE GAME is that it is an unspecified amount of time after humanity has completely died out, leaving the machines to survive however they can, which leads to them delving into literal christian (ish) hell to find fuel there. of course given that this is the plot of the game, a good chunk of development happens in this.
issues that arise: canonization of hell or a hell-like location, whatever, need the place to exist in some capacity. would like it to have gone through at least approx. 1/3rd of the game due to events that i’d like to have happened (both v2 fights, at least one gabriel fight. sorry, vague w/o context, can provide more if needed)
further issues with canonization of a heaven(-like location) for archangel existence purposes.

> oooogh. oh. that’d pose a problem if anyone were to claim v2 actually, i’d be… kinda locking in a good chunk of their backstory by doing that. no idea how to reconcile this

hell on a bagel, i am sorry i ramble so much. hopefully that is helpful
uh also i am thinking of submitting doc madnesscombat but thankfully he has a less massive impact on things that need to exist/have happened. Yeag
kiiiinda looking at v2 as well but much iffier on them because both i’m bad at writing them, they’re another major character that interacts a lot with v1 which is, yknow, really awkward if i’m writing both, and also three characters is a lot to juggle. so. prolly not a good idea!
8aKVtucC_o.png
Alrighty, here we go.

Oh yeah, Ultrakill! I've heard of that game. The music is awesome too.

The world in this RP did end w/ a war, and the weapons they used were powerful enough to release the magic trapped in the earth and awake the uh... 11 that were slumbering. Maybe one of the nations created and sent out a couple of Earthmovers, and it was enough to spark some scare and get v1 created. Of course, they wouldn't have enough time before the dragon deities were like "yeah my world now goodbye old era", so they couldn't get mass-produced.

So yeah, you could probably keep the "war machine that didn't hit mass production" part in.

Also if you're worried that using v1 would end up 'canonizing' heaven and heck into this RP, FR has stuff like The Shade, the Forbidden Portal, and other planes of existence, so no need to really worry too much about that as well. As long as it's alright with the other players. But I don't think that it'd really do too much to the other characters.

If I'm missing something, please feel free to ask or mention it.

When you're arguing with an Ultrakill fan and they start throwing quarters in the air
Alrighty, here we go.

Oh yeah, Ultrakill! I've heard of that game. The music is awesome too.

The world in this RP did end w/ a war, and the weapons they used were powerful enough to release the magic trapped in the earth and awake the uh... 11 that were slumbering. Maybe one of the nations created and sent out a couple of Earthmovers, and it was enough to spark some scare and get v1 created. Of course, they wouldn't have enough time before the dragon deities were like "yeah my world now goodbye old era", so they couldn't get mass-produced.

So yeah, you could probably keep the "war machine that didn't hit mass production" part in.

Also if you're worried that using v1 would end up 'canonizing' heaven and heck into this RP, FR has stuff like The Shade, the Forbidden Portal, and other planes of existence, so no need to really worry too much about that as well. As long as it's alright with the other players. But I don't think that it'd really do too much to the other characters.

If I'm missing something, please feel free to ask or mention it.

When you're arguing with an Ultrakill fan and they start throwing quarters in the air
Those robots better be very nerfed if they're added xD
Those robots better be very nerfed if they're added xD
I don't know how to spoiler a post, so Spoilers For Ultrakill Below.

I think it'd be a.neat interaction if the guttermen were a thing. Because if I remember the lore right, they were the first version of the blood-powered robots? The idea of an interaction between characters involving the technically living person in the back of the guttermen, being enternally drained of their blood sounds like it could be a weird plot thing. Just an idea.
I don't know how to spoiler a post, so Spoilers For Ultrakill Below.

I think it'd be a.neat interaction if the guttermen were a thing. Because if I remember the lore right, they were the first version of the blood-powered robots? The idea of an interaction between characters involving the technically living person in the back of the guttermen, being enternally drained of their blood sounds like it could be a weird plot thing. Just an idea.
Space was so Cool~
So Cool~
But it won't even live in a Memory
Universe Unspooled~
So Cruel~
To be Leaving with only a Melody~
very pog. thank you for the answers, i will write up a character sheet then. please hold
…oh god now i’m getting a lot of ideas for v2, might submit it instead, curse my indecision and brain jumping all over the place. LOOK i’ll get something in let me just weigh the possibilities (ALSO don’t worry v2’s kinda intrinsically tied to v1– whaddya expect, honestly— all this information is still super useful even if i do end up submitting them)

actually one more question: what was the approximate tech level during the first war against the magic-users, or is it “whatever might be needed”? again, don’t want to interfere with worldbuilding but to line events up across these two canons, there was a period of peacetime after the big giant ultrakill war where a good chunk of important things did happen, so i’m trying to figure out how to give these events time to happen.

thanks. sorry i am asking so much i just don’t want to disrupt anything important

@Bamboli no. + ULTRARICOSHOT X274739 (JOKING joking i am not going to do anything that stupid)

@IvoryMist
Code:
[spoiler]TEXT[/spoiler]
also yes that would be fun! up to dingasoid ++ y’all other roleplayers, i think, though; existence of guttermen is not super pertinent to either vmodel unfortunately so i feel like that’s a. little further out of my character scope.
very pog. thank you for the answers, i will write up a character sheet then. please hold
…oh god now i’m getting a lot of ideas for v2, might submit it instead, curse my indecision and brain jumping all over the place. LOOK i’ll get something in let me just weigh the possibilities (ALSO don’t worry v2’s kinda intrinsically tied to v1– whaddya expect, honestly— all this information is still super useful even if i do end up submitting them)

actually one more question: what was the approximate tech level during the first war against the magic-users, or is it “whatever might be needed”? again, don’t want to interfere with worldbuilding but to line events up across these two canons, there was a period of peacetime after the big giant ultrakill war where a good chunk of important things did happen, so i’m trying to figure out how to give these events time to happen.

thanks. sorry i am asking so much i just don’t want to disrupt anything important

@Bamboli no. + ULTRARICOSHOT X274739 (JOKING joking i am not going to do anything that stupid)

@IvoryMist
Code:
[spoiler]TEXT[/spoiler]
also yes that would be fun! up to dingasoid ++ y’all other roleplayers, i think, though; existence of guttermen is not super pertinent to either vmodel unfortunately so i feel like that’s a. little further out of my character scope.
8aKVtucC_o.png
1 2 ... 6 7 8 9 10 11 12