Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Where is your place in FR?
1 2 3
its always interesting to me how people will overthink game mechanics, im not even imagining my avatar dragon or another dragon from my clan im doing my dailies because im doing them for money. i don't think immersion is a concept that works on me ever, not like i can't get lost in a game mind you but i feel like everyone's pulling my leg when they say they feel like they're really in the game or whatever.
its always interesting to me how people will overthink game mechanics, im not even imagining my avatar dragon or another dragon from my clan im doing my dailies because im doing them for money. i don't think immersion is a concept that works on me ever, not like i can't get lost in a game mind you but i feel like everyone's pulling my leg when they say they feel like they're really in the game or whatever.
sunflowers and leavessunflowers and leaves
the idea of us being household deities is really interesting, but for me all the dailies are done by different dragons in my clan, one of my guys is an archaeologist that's arlo's coworker, for example. but also i consider things like the marketplace, auction house, and fairgrounds to be noncanon and in my lore all the stuff i give them is from somewhere else. kinda just by the nature of fr, i feel like dragons in lore have to have a lot more agency than opposed to in-game lol
the idea of us being household deities is really interesting, but for me all the dailies are done by different dragons in my clan, one of my guys is an archaeologist that's arlo's coworker, for example. but also i consider things like the marketplace, auction house, and fairgrounds to be noncanon and in my lore all the stuff i give them is from somewhere else. kinda just by the nature of fr, i feel like dragons in lore have to have a lot more agency than opposed to in-game lol
Sj6j121.png
zpmUYjD.png
mHG2UNd.png
Jd88XNq.png
FY88vH7.png A2n6lGl.png DlO6vXs.gif
eESLWsA.gif
With my lore, it's just that:
  • Gathering is dragons going out to hunt for more food, or to find rare trinkets to sell
  • The Trading Post is a dragon or two seeking out the Trading Post and negotiating with all the shopkeepers
  • The Coli is interpreted as either a small band of mercenaries going out to hunt for rare items in or some daring dragons going to get stuff from Beastclan territory
With my lore, it's just that:
  • Gathering is dragons going out to hunt for more food, or to find rare trinkets to sell
  • The Trading Post is a dragon or two seeking out the Trading Post and negotiating with all the shopkeepers
  • The Coli is interpreted as either a small band of mercenaries going out to hunt for rare items in or some daring dragons going to get stuff from Beastclan territory
Fandragon directory here Wishlists here and here

Check out my dressing service:https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/drs/3293238/1
i don't exist at all in my clan's lore. the idea alone honestly kinda makes me feel strange, so it's just more comfortable that way. the npcs are just game mechanics and i think the dialogue is mostly just meant to be cute and show off the dragons' personalities

if i had to consider trading post interactions canon, who knows. maybe sugarberry makes regular trips to the trading post to sell off mounds of useless junk to crim in a grouchy attempt to declutter the clan lair because for some reason everyone is bringing back things They Can't Use And Have No Room For

my dragons largely exist completely on their own. i like to think any actions they may or may not take in lore are entirely their own and not influenced by any outside forces. if there ever was a reference to me for whatever reason it'd probably just be a goofy, tongue in cheek, haha-look-there's-the-fourth-wall kind of way and not actually canon

also, at least part of it comes down to the fact that if i, as the player, were going to be considered even a minor god among dragons, i would much rather also be a dragon myself

although, the idea of incorporating the trading post itself into lore is kind of an interesting idea... not necessarily as a "dailies made canon" thing, but just as a traveling band of merchants and traders that can be encountered in the wild as respite from the elements, where some dragons stay a day or two to rest and barter for supplies before continuing on their way
i don't exist at all in my clan's lore. the idea alone honestly kinda makes me feel strange, so it's just more comfortable that way. the npcs are just game mechanics and i think the dialogue is mostly just meant to be cute and show off the dragons' personalities

if i had to consider trading post interactions canon, who knows. maybe sugarberry makes regular trips to the trading post to sell off mounds of useless junk to crim in a grouchy attempt to declutter the clan lair because for some reason everyone is bringing back things They Can't Use And Have No Room For

my dragons largely exist completely on their own. i like to think any actions they may or may not take in lore are entirely their own and not influenced by any outside forces. if there ever was a reference to me for whatever reason it'd probably just be a goofy, tongue in cheek, haha-look-there's-the-fourth-wall kind of way and not actually canon

also, at least part of it comes down to the fact that if i, as the player, were going to be considered even a minor god among dragons, i would much rather also be a dragon myself

although, the idea of incorporating the trading post itself into lore is kind of an interesting idea... not necessarily as a "dailies made canon" thing, but just as a traveling band of merchants and traders that can be encountered in the wild as respite from the elements, where some dragons stay a day or two to rest and barter for supplies before continuing on their way
Nonbinary
Trans Masculine
Xenogender

Avatar Dragon. The button is linked to my current avatar dragon.
For sale. The button is linked to my dragon sales lair tab.
limes, benrey, or belial || they/them & neos

fr time but im on at really weird hours sometimes
very anxious, so forum activity is sporadic at best
for my dragons - pose =/= pronouns. please use they/them for any of them unless otherwise specified
I personally think that we're the spirit of our clan. Less like an individual being and more like the essence of the clan. I have a few reasons for this: [list] [*] I can't remember what item it was, but some item description is written in a way where it seems to me like the "you" in the description [i]is[/i] a dragon. [*] Players are referred to as clans. It's not called a player bio, but clan info. We also can only have dragons in our clans as avatars. There's not really a distinction between player and clan in what's canon. [*] We are distinct from our progens and from any other individual dragon. Even progens can be exalted. So we're clearly not just one single dragon. [/list] So I think the player is the "soul" of the clan (in the same way you could say that a nation "has a soul"). We just see through the eyes of different dragons at different times.
I personally think that we're the spirit of our clan. Less like an individual being and more like the essence of the clan. I have a few reasons for this:
  • I can't remember what item it was, but some item description is written in a way where it seems to me like the "you" in the description is a dragon.
  • Players are referred to as clans. It's not called a player bio, but clan info. We also can only have dragons in our clans as avatars. There's not really a distinction between player and clan in what's canon.
  • We are distinct from our progens and from any other individual dragon. Even progens can be exalted. So we're clearly not just one single dragon.

So I think the player is the "soul" of the clan (in the same way you could say that a nation "has a soul"). We just see through the eyes of different dragons at different times.
517049zmdkjrcqj5.gif
We chillin'
I just have dragons who do tasks and interact with npcs.
(haven't decided who's gonna get which task yet though, apart from my coli beans, so rn it's just my founders taking care of everything)
I just have dragons who do tasks and interact with npcs.
(haven't decided who's gonna get which task yet though, apart from my coli beans, so rn it's just my founders taking care of everything)
Imagining dragons...

Lucky - HxcMlGn.png - JrEJc4j.png
fanfiction writer and chronic daydreamer - uPNWHgD.png

EHXIkb0.png
I consider my place in the game as kind of the arbiter of the actions of the clan as a whole. Kinda like the Sims. When I go to the trading post and Swipp addresses me, he’s talking to whoever in my clan decided to go shopping for the day. I don’t have one specific dragon designated as my sona, and as much as I like the idea I don’t think I could ever fully see myself acting through that dragon, because within the lore of the game in my head I’m all of them.
I consider my place in the game as kind of the arbiter of the actions of the clan as a whole. Kinda like the Sims. When I go to the trading post and Swipp addresses me, he’s talking to whoever in my clan decided to go shopping for the day. I don’t have one specific dragon designated as my sona, and as much as I like the idea I don’t think I could ever fully see myself acting through that dragon, because within the lore of the game in my head I’m all of them.
ZqzSvdM.pngtp1Axxm.pngISNOTMS.png
i am me! i think of it as kind of an AU. in canon, and their real lives, my dragons have their lore, and sornieth, and everything else. but i'm the fourth-wall-breaker-au, and sometimes i like to imagine that either i'm there or they're here. and i introduce them to normal stuff like noodles in a cup lol. so they interact with me as a human! i also haven't incorporated any of the npcs into my lore yet, really, so they're not super important to me.
i am me! i think of it as kind of an AU. in canon, and their real lives, my dragons have their lore, and sornieth, and everything else. but i'm the fourth-wall-breaker-au, and sometimes i like to imagine that either i'm there or they're here. and i introduce them to normal stuff like noodles in a cup lol. so they interact with me as a human! i also haven't incorporated any of the npcs into my lore yet, really, so they're not super important to me.
tumblr_oswcc6oFGq1v8lm95o2_75sq.png ...

hi, i'm slipfast :)

and this is alicent
............................................................................................

SVKYjFc.gif
@bulrush it‘s less about feeling immersed (which I personally am not really) and more that it’s just a fun lore idea I had while vibing, nothing really deep (just the illusion that my virtual babies could ever be as emotionally attached to me as I am to them T-T). Also it‘s fun to wonder about the fourth wall.
@bulrush it‘s less about feeling immersed (which I personally am not really) and more that it’s just a fun lore idea I had while vibing, nothing really deep (just the illusion that my virtual babies could ever be as emotionally attached to me as I am to them T-T). Also it‘s fun to wonder about the fourth wall.
ACqf9Pb.png
Personally, I'm not planning to include myself in my lore.. but....

...To put it simply, there's an enigmatic god character in my personal project lore called the Curator, who is the god of the gods who made my personal worlds and the people living in them. Quite literally a self insert for the person making the projects. It's a literal representation of the creator of the ideas and stories, to clarify.

Aside from name, I doubt dragons who came from my personal project worlds would actually know anything about the Curator (AKA me). Especially the dragons in my clan and beyond that. Yes, I make their lore I control their lives but if they knew that their lives were a lie things would get out of hand fast. So, the Curator is very likely to have a hand in things but nobody actually knows for sure they exist.

That said, I'd like to express that the dragons who represent my activity onsite (other than familiar bonding and coli, because it's fairly clear which dragons do which) are most likely Tauri, Venatici, and Delphinium, who's here specifically for exaltation. A few other dragons probably partake in stuff relating to site activities, like I can see my purchases for Trickmurk being transacted by one or several of my shadow dragons for instance.

To condense it all - I do exist but nobody knows what my purpose is. It's probably the dragons who make transactions and interact with the NPCs, likely depending on preference, even though it's just my interactions with the site.
Personally, I'm not planning to include myself in my lore.. but....

...To put it simply, there's an enigmatic god character in my personal project lore called the Curator, who is the god of the gods who made my personal worlds and the people living in them. Quite literally a self insert for the person making the projects. It's a literal representation of the creator of the ideas and stories, to clarify.

Aside from name, I doubt dragons who came from my personal project worlds would actually know anything about the Curator (AKA me). Especially the dragons in my clan and beyond that. Yes, I make their lore I control their lives but if they knew that their lives were a lie things would get out of hand fast. So, the Curator is very likely to have a hand in things but nobody actually knows for sure they exist.

That said, I'd like to express that the dragons who represent my activity onsite (other than familiar bonding and coli, because it's fairly clear which dragons do which) are most likely Tauri, Venatici, and Delphinium, who's here specifically for exaltation. A few other dragons probably partake in stuff relating to site activities, like I can see my purchases for Trickmurk being transacted by one or several of my shadow dragons for instance.

To condense it all - I do exist but nobody knows what my purpose is. It's probably the dragons who make transactions and interact with the NPCs, likely depending on preference, even though it's just my interactions with the site.
bgGXGPE.png
LGvol4P.png
G8AyR6r.png
AaYNmEX.png
SYiQlxK.png
ZcE4a9h.png

wip sig pls bear with i'm new to this stuff
1 2 3