Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | What are you currently reading?
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15
I'm currently reading Circe by Madeline Miller
my girlfriend recommended it to me, I love her writing style and the way she describes anything at all
I don't think I've read anything more beautifully written! excited to finish it.
I'm currently reading Circe by Madeline Miller
my girlfriend recommended it to me, I love her writing style and the way she describes anything at all
I don't think I've read anything more beautifully written! excited to finish it.
I am reading Jurassic Park by by Michael Crichton! It's quite more detailed than the movies.
I am reading Jurassic Park by by Michael Crichton! It's quite more detailed than the movies.
Rbf96Oh.gif
[quote name="rayspookey" date="2024-02-04 12:15:36" ] I am reading Jurassic Park by by Michael Crichton! It's quite more detailed than the movies. [/quote] That's been on my shelf forever!! I need to read it so badly.
rayspookey wrote on 2024-02-04 12:15:36:
That's been on my shelf forever!! I need to read it so badly.
8571491f34d15c79324789f17fef14034d2d6c52.gifbf9d479f9757ab123107737844fcf3fac53f33ae.gif b81ad04ac7d51b61d9190f8eb96b0a85cec1be3d.gif bf9d479f9757ab123107737844fcf3fac53f33ae.gif35049669a1797c08a87f2bf411c52ea5ea89399f.gif
eswSnrS.pngePOliyb.pngoq8LyLj.pngmSLoohP.pngooe7M15.png
[quote name="plasticseaslug" date="2024-02-04 12:24:24" ] [quote name="rayspookey" date="2024-02-04 12:15:36" ] I am reading Jurassic Park by by Michael Crichton! It's quite more detailed than the movies. [/quote] That's been on my shelf forever!! I need to read it so badly. [/quote] @plasticseaslug Omg, I definitely recommend reading it if you're a fan of the movies! It has a whole different perspective.
plasticseaslug wrote on 2024-02-04 12:24:24:
rayspookey wrote on 2024-02-04 12:15:36:
That's been on my shelf forever!! I need to read it so badly.

@plasticseaslug Omg, I definitely recommend reading it if you're a fan of the movies! It has a whole different perspective.
Rbf96Oh.gif
Right now I'm reading 'Shadow of the Fox' by Julie Kagawa. It's a YA trilogy based in a fantasy Japan-inspired world. I'm somewhat distrustful of YA sometimes but my friend recommended it to me and it's fun so far! Although I'm maybe like 70 pages into the first book and it's a trilogy so there's a lot ahead of me still :3
Right now I'm reading 'Shadow of the Fox' by Julie Kagawa. It's a YA trilogy based in a fantasy Japan-inspired world. I'm somewhat distrustful of YA sometimes but my friend recommended it to me and it's fun so far! Although I'm maybe like 70 pages into the first book and it's a trilogy so there's a lot ahead of me still :3
c2eYYTM.png
bYt72YT.png
ijbUS1M.png
LGvol4P.png
lB92wkt.png
ll0CfnD.png
MOagWqY.png
dEe2UrM.png
W3zVYMS.png
[/img][/url]
'Once Upon a River' by Diane Setterfield! Just started it, so I'm only a few chapters in, but I'm liking it so far. [quote name="vidoxi" date="2024-01-30 08:25:51" ] I've started tackling House of Leaves (again) [/quote] Ooh, good luck! It took me 3 or 4 tries over several years to finally finish it, but I did enjoy it! It's just... [i]so[/i] much lol.
'Once Upon a River' by Diane Setterfield! Just started it, so I'm only a few chapters in, but I'm liking it so far.

vidoxi wrote on 2024-01-30 08:25:51:
I've started tackling House of Leaves (again)

Ooh, good luck! It took me 3 or 4 tries over several years to finally finish it, but I did enjoy it! It's just... so much lol.
4441.png

they/them
fr time +2

I'm reading Oathbringer (3rd book in the Stormlight Archive series) at the moment, and I'm really enjoying it! So far Words of Radiance is still my favourite in the series, but I'm about 3/4 of the way through Oathbringer and have yet to read Rhythm of War, so we'll see. This series as a whole is quickly becoming my favourite, Brandon Sanderson is amazing at worldbuilding. I would probably read a textbook on all the intricacies of this world if he wrote it.
I'm reading Oathbringer (3rd book in the Stormlight Archive series) at the moment, and I'm really enjoying it! So far Words of Radiance is still my favourite in the series, but I'm about 3/4 of the way through Oathbringer and have yet to read Rhythm of War, so we'll see. This series as a whole is quickly becoming my favourite, Brandon Sanderson is amazing at worldbuilding. I would probably read a textbook on all the intricacies of this world if he wrote it.
JXVUomh.png ~ FR + 21
~ Wishlist
~ Avatar dragon
wvz5N8O.png
A foaling manual, because I don’t remember all the nitty gritty stuff for hinnies (opposite crosses to mules) and full blood donkeys. I’m sort of familiar with horse mares. It’d be good to know about other livestock that are common though.
A foaling manual, because I don’t remember all the nitty gritty stuff for hinnies (opposite crosses to mules) and full blood donkeys. I’m sort of familiar with horse mares. It’d be good to know about other livestock that are common though.
Currently reading a strange collection of books:
1. Dracula
2. Lessons in Chemistry
3. Belladonna
Currently reading a strange collection of books:
1. Dracula
2. Lessons in Chemistry
3. Belladonna
All The Stars And Teeth by Adalyn Grace. Basically, the plot is the protagonist is the princess and one of the few people who can practice the dangerous soul magic--capable of consuming the user if not used responsibly. Everyone can only practice one type of magic, or else the kingdom will fall. Anyways, at her demonstration to prove she is a capable user of soul magic, she accidentally goes too far and is branded as a monster. She escapes with the help of a pirate, who needs her help subduing a rebellion led by a dangerous man who can steal other people's magics. Her fiance also tags along for the ride, and they go on a nautical adventure.

I'm pretty sure it's a YA novel, though there are a few gruesome descriptions in there. It's pretty cool so far; I really should read more of it.
All The Stars And Teeth by Adalyn Grace. Basically, the plot is the protagonist is the princess and one of the few people who can practice the dangerous soul magic--capable of consuming the user if not used responsibly. Everyone can only practice one type of magic, or else the kingdom will fall. Anyways, at her demonstration to prove she is a capable user of soul magic, she accidentally goes too far and is branded as a monster. She escapes with the help of a pirate, who needs her help subduing a rebellion led by a dangerous man who can steal other people's magics. Her fiance also tags along for the ride, and they go on a nautical adventure.

I'm pretty sure it's a YA novel, though there are a few gruesome descriptions in there. It's pretty cool so far; I really should read more of it.
mapleshaiku_siggy.png
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 ... 14 15