Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Multifandom Zombie Interest Check
1 2 3 4
[quote name="Catlover422" date="2024-02-01 17:22:50" ] [quote name="BalticDeerOwl" date="2024-02-01 10:39:54" ] alright! i saw you wanted some worldbuilding help, so just to get us started, did you have any ideas on what caused the apocalypse? maybe the otherworlders arrived as a result of whatever caused the apocalypse? in terms of plot, allwritealright has some good ideas for both small interactions and an overarching plot. Here's the link: https://allwritealright.com/apocalyptic-writing-prompts-writing-about-the-end-of-the-world/ [/quote] I was going to say that maybe a virus caused the zombie outbreak however, in between some cases, it mutated to where you have different zombie variants and quite a few of them are highly intelligent. [/quote] Hm, the good ol', classic virus? Alright! Although, just as a suggestion, something like magic, demons or, like, eldritch beings could have caused the outbreak, since I see you wanted a Crystalbound variant and things like that. Maybe an infected being's intelligence is related to how badly they're infected? Like, maybe there's different stages, and a Stage 1 individual would just have urges to attack the non-infected, have a very low chance of actually infecting anyone if/when they do attack, and have minor appearance changes, while someone at a higher stage would relentlessly attack healthy individuals, be extremely infectious, and barely look how they used to? It's not the most original system, but it could work.
Catlover422 wrote on 2024-02-01 17:22:50:
BalticDeerOwl wrote on 2024-02-01 10:39:54:
alright!

i saw you wanted some worldbuilding help, so just to get us started, did you have any ideas on what caused the apocalypse? maybe the otherworlders arrived as a result of whatever caused the apocalypse?

in terms of plot, allwritealright has some good ideas for both small interactions and an overarching plot. Here's the link:

https://allwritealright.com/apocalyptic-writing-prompts-writing-about-the-end-of-the-world/
I was going to say that maybe a virus caused the zombie outbreak however, in between some cases, it mutated to where you have different zombie variants and quite a few of them are highly intelligent.

Hm, the good ol', classic virus? Alright! Although, just as a suggestion, something like magic, demons or, like, eldritch beings could have caused the outbreak, since I see you wanted a Crystalbound variant and things like that.

Maybe an infected being's intelligence is related to how badly they're infected? Like, maybe there's different stages, and a Stage 1 individual would just have urges to attack the non-infected, have a very low chance of actually infecting anyone if/when they do attack, and have minor appearance changes, while someone at a higher stage would relentlessly attack healthy individuals, be extremely infectious, and barely look how they used to? It's not the most original system, but it could work.

0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Baltic | He/Him | FR Time +2
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
[quote name="BalticDeerOwl" date="2024-02-01 17:38:39" ] [quote name="Catlover422" date="2024-02-01 17:22:50" ] [quote name="BalticDeerOwl" date="2024-02-01 10:39:54" ] alright! i saw you wanted some worldbuilding help, so just to get us started, did you have any ideas on what caused the apocalypse? maybe the otherworlders arrived as a result of whatever caused the apocalypse? in terms of plot, allwritealright has some good ideas for both small interactions and an overarching plot. Here's the link: https://allwritealright.com/apocalyptic-writing-prompts-writing-about-the-end-of-the-world/ [/quote] I was going to say that maybe a virus caused the zombie outbreak however, in between some cases, it mutated to where you have different zombie variants and quite a few of them are highly intelligent. [/quote] Hm, the good ol', classic virus? Alright! Although, just as a suggestion, something like magic, demons or, like, eldritch beings could have caused the outbreak, since I see you wanted a Crystalbound variant and things like that. Maybe an infected being's intelligence is related to how badly they're infected? Like, maybe there's different stages, and a Stage 1 individual would just have urges to attack the non-infected, have a very low chance of actually infecting anyone if/when they do attack, and have minor appearance changes, while someone at a higher stage would relentlessly attack healthy individuals, be extremely infectious, and barely look how they used to? It's not the most original system, but it could work. [/quote] I actually put a Stages of Infection in my worldbuilding document. However, I won’t make things too bloody. Also, I was thinking that different fully infected variants also have varying levels of intelligence which is what makes some of them so dangerous. Also, maybe magic and demons caused it on complete accident and they’re just like “Sh*t. We just started the apocalypse.”
BalticDeerOwl wrote on 2024-02-01 17:38:39:
alright!

i saw you wanted some worldbuilding help, so just to get us started, did you have any ideas on what caused the apocalypse? maybe the otherworlders arrived as a result of whatever caused the apocalypse?

in terms of plot, allwritealright has some good ideas for both small interactions and an overarching plot. Here's the link:

https://allwritealright.com/apocalyptic-writing-prompts-writing-about-the-end-of-the-world/
I was going to say that maybe a virus caused the zombie outbreak however, in between some cases, it mutated to where you have different zombie variants and quite a few of them are highly intelligent.

Hm, the good ol', classic virus? Alright! Although, just as a suggestion, something like magic, demons or, like, eldritch beings could have caused the outbreak, since I see you wanted a Crystalbound variant and things like that.

Maybe an infected being's intelligence is related to how badly they're infected? Like, maybe there's different stages, and a Stage 1 individual would just have urges to attack the non-infected, have a very low chance of actually infecting anyone if/when they do attack, and have minor appearance changes, while someone at a higher stage would relentlessly attack healthy individuals, be extremely infectious, and barely look how they used to? It's not the most original system, but it could work.
I actually put a Stages of Infection in my worldbuilding document. However, I won’t make things too bloody.

Also, I was thinking that different fully infected variants also have varying levels of intelligence which is what makes some of them so dangerous. Also, maybe magic and demons caused it on complete accident and they’re just like “Sh*t. We just started the apocalypse.”
LIo8D8G.gif
One of the ideas for writing a zombie outbreak was "Describe a character slowly succumbing to the disease in first-person. Is it painful? At what point does their consciousness fade? Does it fade completely, or do they remain somewhat aware of what their body does after turning?"

Hmm... we could use that.
One of the ideas for writing a zombie outbreak was "Describe a character slowly succumbing to the disease in first-person. Is it painful? At what point does their consciousness fade? Does it fade completely, or do they remain somewhat aware of what their body does after turning?"

Hmm... we could use that.
M5Uxne4.pngiXNOttm.gif
[quote name="Catlover422" date="2024-02-01 17:58:10" ] [quote name="BalticDeerOwl" date="2024-02-01 17:38:39" ] [quote name="Catlover422" date="2024-02-01 17:22:50" ] [quote name="BalticDeerOwl" date="2024-02-01 10:39:54" ] alright! i saw you wanted some worldbuilding help, so just to get us started, did you have any ideas on what caused the apocalypse? maybe the otherworlders arrived as a result of whatever caused the apocalypse? in terms of plot, allwritealright has some good ideas for both small interactions and an overarching plot. Here's the link: https://allwritealright.com/apocalyptic-writing-prompts-writing-about-the-end-of-the-world/ [/quote] I was going to say that maybe a virus caused the zombie outbreak however, in between some cases, it mutated to where you have different zombie variants and quite a few of them are highly intelligent. [/quote] Hm, the good ol', classic virus? Alright! Although, just as a suggestion, something like magic, demons or, like, eldritch beings could have caused the outbreak, since I see you wanted a Crystalbound variant and things like that. Maybe an infected being's intelligence is related to how badly they're infected? Like, maybe there's different stages, and a Stage 1 individual would just have urges to attack the non-infected, have a very low chance of actually infecting anyone if/when they do attack, and have minor appearance changes, while someone at a higher stage would relentlessly attack healthy individuals, be extremely infectious, and barely look how they used to? It's not the most original system, but it could work. [/quote] I actually put a Stages of Infection in my worldbuilding document. However, I won’t make things too bloody. Also, I was thinking that different fully infected variants also have varying levels of intelligence which is what makes some of them so dangerous. Also, maybe magic and demons caused it on complete accident and they’re just like “Sh*t. We just started the apocalypse.” [/quote] Maybe magical beings caused it and then threw in some otherworlders in hopes that they have the capabiliites to do [thing that will end the apocalypse/ get rid of zombies]? Also, if you don't mind, can you post a link to the worldbuilding document for this rp?
Catlover422 wrote on 2024-02-01 17:58:10:
BalticDeerOwl wrote on 2024-02-01 17:38:39:
alright!

I actually put a Stages of Infection in my worldbuilding document. However, I won’t make things too bloody.

Also, I was thinking that different fully infected variants also have varying levels of intelligence which is what makes some of them so dangerous. Also, maybe magic and demons caused it on complete accident and they’re just like “Sh*t. We just started the apocalypse.”

Maybe magical beings caused it and then threw in some otherworlders in hopes that they have the capabiliites to do [thing that will end the apocalypse/ get rid of zombies]?

Also, if you don't mind, can you post a link to the worldbuilding document for this rp?
0DJvxSf.png
Pgv53XB.png
Ms8zPwX.png
ekux78o.png
Baltic | He/Him | FR Time +2
Siffrin-sprite.png please come talk to me about ISAT that game has a hold on me rn Siffrin-sprite.png
tCsqc24.png
Ut9RRot.png
gYW0j5f.png
Yw8EvNQ.png
Worldbuilding Doc

Well, here’s the doc right now.
Worldbuilding Doc

Well, here’s the doc right now.
LIo8D8G.gif
Patchwork? Isn't that just if they're stitched up like Frankenstein's monster?
Patchwork? Isn't that just if they're stitched up like Frankenstein's monster?
M5Uxne4.pngiXNOttm.gif
I added a few things, feel free to change them up.
I added a few things, feel free to change them up.
40d328c43be268b5d074dbc874b8ba24.jpg
There still is a bit to add for the Crystalbound stages of infection however, it might be possible for general symptoms to be shared between the different strains of whatever virus has caused the outbreak to start which had adapted to external modifiers.
There still is a bit to add for the Crystalbound stages of infection however, it might be possible for general symptoms to be shared between the different strains of whatever virus has caused the outbreak to start which had adapted to external modifiers.
LIo8D8G.gif
Let's see.... what to add....
Let's see.... what to add....
M5Uxne4.pngiXNOttm.gif
Well, there’s more variants and a known infected individuals list.
Well, there’s more variants and a known infected individuals list.
LIo8D8G.gif
1 2 3 4