Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | Picture Perfect Arlo
To cut to the chase: ARLO! [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/82433687][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/824337/82433687_350.png[/img][/url] The full explaination: I've been working on this dragon for a YEAR! A super kind user ( @Halastjarna ) gave me this baby December 2nd 2022 and today December 19th, 2023 I've finally afforded the last of the genes to create the perfect Arlo! The wiki says "Arlo is described as "brown, green, and goldenrod". Like many Trading Post NPCs, the colors used don't seem to exactly match possible player dragons' colors. Taupe Tiger, Peacock Blend, and Beige Stained seem to be close." When I started this project no dragons had these colors, but Halastjarna ended up having an egg incubating that turned out the perfect colors! Last year I started with: [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1050509678129451028/1050509685863759962/82433687_350.png[/img] And at the time she was the only dragon on site with these colors! (Other than original Arlo xD) [img]https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/1033110104310030517/1051571338000728204/image.png[/img] (I haven't double checked this though!) I used a Tiger Gene, Blend, Stained, Obelisk species change and I saved for the Amber Delver's Lamp! When I got it it was one of 3 on the Auction House! In total they cost 635,000t and 1700 gems! The only differences are the sex (Which I think the female art matches Arlo's photo much better) and the eyes I'm so proud of how this project has gone! <3
To cut to the chase: ARLO!

82433687_350.png

The full explaination: I've been working on this dragon for a YEAR! A super kind user ( @Halastjarna ) gave me this baby December 2nd 2022 and today December 19th, 2023 I've finally afforded the last of the genes to create the perfect Arlo!

The wiki says "Arlo is described as "brown, green, and goldenrod". Like many Trading Post NPCs, the colors used don't seem to exactly match possible player dragons' colors. Taupe Tiger, Peacock Blend, and Beige Stained seem to be close." When I started this project no dragons had these colors, but Halastjarna ended up having an egg incubating that turned out the perfect colors!

Last year I started with: 82433687_350.png

And at the time she was the only dragon on site with these colors! (Other than original Arlo xD)
image.png (I haven't double checked this though!)

I used a Tiger Gene, Blend, Stained, Obelisk species change and I saved for the Amber Delver's Lamp! When I got it it was one of 3 on the Auction House! In total they cost 635,000t and 1700 gems!

The only differences are the sex (Which I think the female art matches Arlo's photo much better) and the eyes I'm so proud of how this project has gone! <3
Dullahana.png NzgGcbZ.png
WOW
I mean WOW
The respect I have for you right now is insane
holy moly

Looks SO GOOD.
WOW
I mean WOW
holy moly

Looks SO GOOD.
VyihBMq.png
CAJaTcp.png
kI850Ts.png
gziv3Ja.png
Za35UMn.png
3.png
3J2k0DG.png
Now that's what I call...
*puts on sunglasses and lights up Atlo's lamp*
a glow-up

*ba-dum-tss*

Thank you so much or the PM! I've gotten a lot of pings today and I probably wouldn't have seen the ping here for a few days lol

Atlo's looking great! Congrats for finishing this project :D
a glow-up

*ba-dum-tss*

Thank you so much or the PM! I've gotten a lot of pings today and I probably wouldn't have seen the ping here for a few days lol

Chaotic spacedad energy intensifies
I need to actually format this and make it pretty at some point...
[She/They]
woah this must've taken some dedication, he looks great! congrats on finishing the project! i wanted to buy you a hat and pickaxe for him but now i'm kinda sad bc this was the closest i could find to a pickaxe:
arlo
woah this must've taken some dedication, he looks great! congrats on finishing the project! i wanted to buy you a hat and pickaxe for him but now i'm kinda sad bc this was the closest i could find to a pickaxe:
arlo
VNIDggl.pngA1eu65w.pngFIJXDaD.pngPVOi09x.pngxJCtTJa.png6Zs7hJu.pngu0zgn1V.pngsFMScix.png08U5Giq.png
6JqFst1.png6JqFst1.png
mlr1H8z.png
adopt by AspenCrow
wlryNhX.png
[quote name="happenstance" date="2023-12-19 17:11:21" ] WOW I mean WOW The respect I have for you right now is insane holy moly Looks SO GOOD. [/quote] @happenstance :D Thank you so so so so much!!!!!
happenstance wrote on 2023-12-19 17:11:21:
WOW
I mean WOW
holy moly

Looks SO GOOD.

@happenstance :D Thank you so so so so much!!!!!
[quote name="Halastjarna" date="2023-12-20 13:02:52" ] Now that's what I call... *puts on sunglasses and lights up Atlo's lamp* a glow-up *ba-dum-tss* Thank you so much or the PM! I've gotten a lot of pings today and I probably wouldn't have seen the ping here for a few days lol Atlo's looking great! Congrats for finishing this project :D [/quote] @Halastjarna I cannot thank you enough for the derg!!! It only took a year xD I hope they turned out as cool as you imagined!
Halastjarna wrote on 2023-12-20 13:02:52:
a glow-up

*ba-dum-tss*

@Halastjarna I cannot thank you enough for the derg!!! It only took a year xD I hope they turned out as cool as you imagined!
[quote name="Warbreaker" date="2023-12-27 21:36:16" ] woah this must've taken some dedication, he looks great! congrats on finishing the project! i wanted to buy you a hat and pickaxe for him but now i'm kinda sad bc this was the closest i could find to a pickaxe: arlo [/quote] @Warbreaker AWEEEEEE THANK YOU!!!! I was trying so hard to find the perfect familiar and pickaxe too! It was harder than I thought
Warbreaker wrote on 2023-12-27 21:36:16:

arlo

@Warbreaker AWEEEEEE THANK YOU!!!! I was trying so hard to find the perfect familiar and pickaxe too! It was harder than I thought