Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Hatching Dragons in Different Elements
1 2 3 4 5
Edit:
This went from changing a dragons element to hatching dragons into different elements. I figure that is a good place for this conversation to go. There are many problems with renting a nest from another player, like the staff can't help you if they steal your dragon or if they lose access to their account. Waiting for the exact dragon you are looking for in the exact element on the AH is always a shot in the dark. I bet there are players risking ban by using an alternate account to bypass this problem, which makes a lot of problems for the site too.

The problem with renting a nest is that you have no control over what happens to your dragon next. The other player can lose access to their account either by breaking the rules and becoming locked out, forgetting their password, or their internet goes out. They can even steal your dragon for their own breeding projects, exalting, etc. Staff also discourage these actions.

Changing your own account's element every time you need one or more dragons of another element is tedious. It takes a year to change element again, along with a huge amount of gems if it's not your first time changing elements. Holding off on breeding projects until the time is up can wane on the overall playing experience.

With no alternatives, players may risk ban by creating another account entirely for the sole purpose of having another element to rent nests in. This is a bannable offense for several reasons. It's really easy to abuse two accounts and make a lot of trouble.

A few players have pointed out some awesome alternatives to this. Like a new NPC that has nests you can hatch a dragon with an alternative element in, a new trading system between players so they can rent a nest safely, or an item to temporarily change the element of your nest. These are some amazing ideas that can solve several problems at once.

Players don't need to lose dragons to other accounts, you don't have to wait for a dragon that might never come, and players who are risking ban with alternate accounts don't need to. What do you think?
vvOriginal post for anyone wonderingvv

I keep running into this issue where I have the perfect dragon, but it's not the element I need for it. Unfortunately for me, friends that want to stay on the site are hard to come by. So I don't have someone in the flight I need to make the dragon I want. I have not heard of any ways to change the element of a dragon, so I have been brainstorming ways that that would work with the site.

There are 11 elemental holidays, what if every elemental holiday we could change a specific number of dragons to the element of the holiday? It could be a special scroll, or maybe a creation of each deity comes by once a year to change an element.
There could be restrictions. Dragons with elemental ability stones can't have their element changed, or their ability stones change with their element. They can only change a low number of dragons at a time, maybe they can't change their element for another year or ever. It could cost treasure, or items, or both in order to for the change to take place.

What do you think?
Edit:
This went from changing a dragons element to hatching dragons into different elements. I figure that is a good place for this conversation to go. There are many problems with renting a nest from another player, like the staff can't help you if they steal your dragon or if they lose access to their account. Waiting for the exact dragon you are looking for in the exact element on the AH is always a shot in the dark. I bet there are players risking ban by using an alternate account to bypass this problem, which makes a lot of problems for the site too.

The problem with renting a nest is that you have no control over what happens to your dragon next. The other player can lose access to their account either by breaking the rules and becoming locked out, forgetting their password, or their internet goes out. They can even steal your dragon for their own breeding projects, exalting, etc. Staff also discourage these actions.

Changing your own account's element every time you need one or more dragons of another element is tedious. It takes a year to change element again, along with a huge amount of gems if it's not your first time changing elements. Holding off on breeding projects until the time is up can wane on the overall playing experience.

With no alternatives, players may risk ban by creating another account entirely for the sole purpose of having another element to rent nests in. This is a bannable offense for several reasons. It's really easy to abuse two accounts and make a lot of trouble.

A few players have pointed out some awesome alternatives to this. Like a new NPC that has nests you can hatch a dragon with an alternative element in, a new trading system between players so they can rent a nest safely, or an item to temporarily change the element of your nest. These are some amazing ideas that can solve several problems at once.

Players don't need to lose dragons to other accounts, you don't have to wait for a dragon that might never come, and players who are risking ban with alternate accounts don't need to. What do you think?
vvOriginal post for anyone wonderingvv

I keep running into this issue where I have the perfect dragon, but it's not the element I need for it. Unfortunately for me, friends that want to stay on the site are hard to come by. So I don't have someone in the flight I need to make the dragon I want. I have not heard of any ways to change the element of a dragon, so I have been brainstorming ways that that would work with the site.

There are 11 elemental holidays, what if every elemental holiday we could change a specific number of dragons to the element of the holiday? It could be a special scroll, or maybe a creation of each deity comes by once a year to change an element.
There could be restrictions. Dragons with elemental ability stones can't have their element changed, or their ability stones change with their element. They can only change a low number of dragons at a time, maybe they can't change their element for another year or ever. It could cost treasure, or items, or both in order to for the change to take place.

What do you think?
I don't really support an item that can change the dragon's element due to the coliseum but... [quote name="DiamondKoi" date="2023-12-26 21:26:30" ] Unfortunately for me, friends that want to stay on the site are hard to come by. So I don't have someone in the flight I need to make the dragon I want. [/quote] Flight Rising seriously needs a supported way to get other elements without risky trades and hoping the other party gives you the breeding pair back. I would like to see this through an item to change the nest's element for an use or a supported rental nest service (NPC or through other players' nests). I would be very interested in breeding if I can get more elements.
I don't really support an item that can change the dragon's element due to the coliseum but...
DiamondKoi wrote on 2023-12-26 21:26:30:
Unfortunately for me, friends that want to stay on the site are hard to come by. So I don't have someone in the flight I need to make the dragon I want.
Flight Rising seriously needs a supported way to get other elements without risky trades and hoping the other party gives you the breeding pair back. I would like to see this through an item to change the nest's element for an use or a supported rental nest service (NPC or through other players' nests). I would be very interested in breeding if I can get more elements.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
Color, element, and sex (to a degree) are the only features of a dragon that can't be customized after hatching a dragon. That's already a very tiny pool! Should dragons be completely customizable, or should we keep some traits immutable? I kinda like some traits being locked, but maybe that's just because I'm used to it. Allowing the above to be changed post-hatching would impact how people approach breeding projects. I'd love to hear from people who do really long-form breeding projects, since they'd have more flexibility but also less of a challenge. (Less fun?) I'm hesitant, but I'd be open to hearing more from people who support this :) It seems less controversial than doing the equivalent for colors, at least. (We have silhouette scrolls and scatter scrolls for the other two locked traits. Maybe an elemental scatter scroll would be the equivalent? Or are the eye vials counting for that?) [quote=DarkVixen]Flight Rising seriously needs a supported way to get other elements without risky trades and hoping the other party gives you the breeding pair back. [/quote] I'd like this, and I've seen other threads requesting it too! Nest networks would remain relevant, since we'd still need a way to search for people with available nests. This is a positive to me because I like supporting user-designed solutions instead of rendering them obsolete.
Color, element, and sex (to a degree) are the only features of a dragon that can't be customized after hatching a dragon. That's already a very tiny pool! Should dragons be completely customizable, or should we keep some traits immutable? I kinda like some traits being locked, but maybe that's just because I'm used to it.

Allowing the above to be changed post-hatching would impact how people approach breeding projects. I'd love to hear from people who do really long-form breeding projects, since they'd have more flexibility but also less of a challenge. (Less fun?)

I'm hesitant, but I'd be open to hearing more from people who support this :) It seems less controversial than doing the equivalent for colors, at least.

(We have silhouette scrolls and scatter scrolls for the other two locked traits. Maybe an elemental scatter scroll would be the equivalent? Or are the eye vials counting for that?)

DarkVixen wrote:
Flight Rising seriously needs a supported way to get other elements without risky trades and hoping the other party gives you the breeding pair back.

I'd like this, and I've seen other threads requesting it too! Nest networks would remain relevant, since we'd still need a way to search for people with available nests. This is a positive to me because I like supporting user-designed solutions instead of rendering them obsolete.
1205.png 2024 DRAGON CENSUS
NEST NETWORK
Check bounty status
Free cauldron!
No need trully change dragon element (coli reason)
But would be great get mimic color eyes for all combination. Same way we have pose scroll.

We already has a lot of eye colors that mimic another flight. Now things only need to be finished and add few mow tints to allow make desired cosmetic for dragon.

Nests also desired thing. We need cheap consumable item that simply change nest element.
Thus we safe from unsupported renting nests. We'll get more mutchie eyed dragons. We get another treasure sink.

Everybody become happier!
No need trully change dragon element (coli reason)
But would be great get mimic color eyes for all combination. Same way we have pose scroll.

We already has a lot of eye colors that mimic another flight. Now things only need to be finished and add few mow tints to allow make desired cosmetic for dragon.

Nests also desired thing. We need cheap consumable item that simply change nest element.
Thus we safe from unsupported renting nests. We'll get more mutchie eyed dragons. We get another treasure sink.

Everybody become happier!

preorder list

Buy

Buy

Buy

Buy
You guys have some awesome ideas! Something to change the element of a nest, or to use an NPC's nest, or a scroll to mimic the eye of another element without changing the dragon, or even a way to breed dragons together without trading. These ideas work just as great, and maybe even better! Thank you guys so much for your feedback!

@DarkVixen
@wishbonewarren
@Alkhor
You guys have some awesome ideas! Something to change the element of a nest, or to use an NPC's nest, or a scroll to mimic the eye of another element without changing the dragon, or even a way to breed dragons together without trading. These ideas work just as great, and maybe even better! Thank you guys so much for your feedback!

@DarkVixen
@wishbonewarren
@Alkhor
Support for the ability to change a dragon's element, though not necessarily the actual suggestion in the first post as I'm not too keen on restricting the number of dragons that can be changed or making this through an NPC. I wouldn't mind an item though (whether a specific item or a scatter site-like item) that is only available for a limited time each year.

If a dragon has element-specific ability stones, I figure an easy solution would be to either destroy these stones upon the element change, swap them to the equivalent of the current element, or just bar that dragon from having its element changed.

(please do not ping me)
Support for the ability to change a dragon's element, though not necessarily the actual suggestion in the first post as I'm not too keen on restricting the number of dragons that can be changed or making this through an NPC. I wouldn't mind an item though (whether a specific item or a scatter site-like item) that is only available for a limited time each year.

If a dragon has element-specific ability stones, I figure an easy solution would be to either destroy these stones upon the element change, swap them to the equivalent of the current element, or just bar that dragon from having its element changed.

(please do not ping me)
- G1s for sale
- LF any combo of abyss, copper, spruce and other dream g1s
No support renting a nest is easy enough
62a28eab19423fd06c81c0b57758ea57b3848a75.png
42d22711d27254841bd07f96db6eb09fe438054c.png
[quote name="Panarow" date="2023-12-27 11:22:27" ] No support renting a nest is easy enough [/quote] Until you lose the breeding pair. We do need a supported rental nest service if we were to rent players' nests.
Panarow wrote on 2023-12-27 11:22:27:
Until you lose the breeding pair. We do need a supported rental nest service if we were to rent players' nests.
91423843p.png Avatar
Dragon
7691.png Selling G1s! 196.png Trading Notes for Notes!
Closed
No support for changing a hatched dragons element. Support for a brew able item to temporarily change the element of a neat you own
No support for changing a hatched dragons element. Support for a brew able item to temporarily change the element of a neat you own
(Please don't ping me in the Suggestions Forum).
I'd rather just have a supported nest rental system like mentioned above. Give us a crossroads-like function where you can choose to send two dragons to someone's open nest slot. Once they accept the nest rental request, the two dragons will automatically be bred together and once the incubation period is finished, the "crossroad" automatically completes and sends you back the dragons + all hatchlings. If your lair is full, they could have some "holding area" so it'll remove the dragons and hatchlings from the nest rental's lair even if the renter isn't online to make space asap.

Dragons that are locked to a nest rental can't be interacted with at all - no gene scrolls, breed scrolls etc. , can't dress them or change their skin etc. they essentially would just be greyed out and take up a lair slot till done.

Players can choose to set their nests to private (what it is now), public or friends only. I'd assume the devs could make something like this work one day.
I'd rather just have a supported nest rental system like mentioned above. Give us a crossroads-like function where you can choose to send two dragons to someone's open nest slot. Once they accept the nest rental request, the two dragons will automatically be bred together and once the incubation period is finished, the "crossroad" automatically completes and sends you back the dragons + all hatchlings. If your lair is full, they could have some "holding area" so it'll remove the dragons and hatchlings from the nest rental's lair even if the renter isn't online to make space asap.

Dragons that are locked to a nest rental can't be interacted with at all - no gene scrolls, breed scrolls etc. , can't dress them or change their skin etc. they essentially would just be greyed out and take up a lair slot till done.

Players can choose to set their nests to private (what it is now), public or friends only. I'd assume the devs could make something like this work one day.
Looking to purchase a Bone fiend or Cog frog!
Cog Frog Bone Fiend
1 2 3 4 5