Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | [kingdomlocke] From Ashes and Dust
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9
[center][size=6][font=garamond][color=#58525f][b]Day Fourty-Nine[/b][/color][/font][/size] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/7fb9d0a572944a3e860d16cc94486716/319aad204b84e3c5-db/s500x750/ca3f28103a6d33d320a7722208b218eb6ac314a5.png[/img] [b]CW: reverse sexism, [/b][center][size=4][font=futura][color=#58525f] [item=mith bruiser] [i]Newcomer[/i][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img][/center] "How come...? How come you and [b]Maorach[/b] never, um, touch noses like mom and dad or [b]Thoth[/b] and [b]Skyscale[/b]?" [b]Syzereld's[/b] whiskers twitched in annoyance at [color=53000E][b]Arcana's[/b][/color] incessant questioning, "Because she annoys me." "Why does she annoy you?" "Because she's-- Because she just does." "But why?" "Because," he replied with a growl, "She doesn't know how to mind her business and is rude." "Oh." For a moment, it seemed as if [color=53000E][b]Arcana[/b][/color] would be satisfied by this, but she took another breath and asked, "Then how come you had a nest with her?" "[color=53000E][b]Arcana[/b][/color]," Thoth scolded gently, "Please leave my fellow alchemist alone." [color=53000E][b]Arcana[/b][/color] huffed in disappointment but clumsily slunk over to [b]Thoth's[/b] nest to stare at the two eggs he was incubating. "How come both of your nests have two eggs, but Mommy and Daddy only have me?" [b]Thoth[/b] and [b]Syzereld[/b] cast a worried glance at each other and silence hung in the air for a moment before Thoth said, "Why don't I tell you a story?" "A story?" [color=53000E][b]Arcana[/b][/color] completely forgot about her question and wiggled into the nest beside Thoth, careful to give the eggs plenty of room, as she had been instructed, "I wanna hear a story!" "It's about four very powerful, very ancient dragons..." [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img][/center] Construction on the rest of the den was going smoothly; the large, central area that had come to be known as the great hall was now secured with supports. The water that flowed into it from above had been channeled and contained and plans to put in a waterwheel were in the works. For now, it was simply a victory that everyone could move their temporary nests back into the cave. It was a good thing, too; snowflakes were beginning to speckle the sky and the wind from the neighboring ice territory was becoming intense. [b]Maorach's[/b] next project was creating a way to safely heat the great hall without filling it with smoke. This meant that she had to leave the lion's share of egg-incubating to [b]Syzereld[/b]. [b]Glex[/b] saw this as only proper; females carried eggs, but she felt that males were better suited to sit and incubate them. Females had other, more important things to do, and she needed [b]Maorach[/b] to work as fast as possible to get the Glimmerfall lair livable and comfortable for her subjects. [img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img][/center] [b]Ethir[/b] and [b]Naal[/b] were anxious to be away from [color=53000E][b]Arcana[/b][/color] at the same time, but [b]Glex[/b] left them little choice. She needed [b]Ethir[/b] to build parts for [b]Maorach[/b] and [b]Naal[/b] was needed to fulfil her duties as a knight. [b]Alnair[/b] had reported sighting someone, a dragon, in Glimmerfall territory. From what she had seen, the dragon was alone and did not appear to be looking to start trouble, but [b]Naal[/b] was to put together a party to confront them before they had the opportunity. She first selected her father, who was the most battle-savvy of all of them, in case the newcomer was aggressive. [b]Leban[/b], the ambassador, was also an obvious choice. Next she chose [b]Europa[/b]. Although it was no secret that [b]Sebastion[/b] had a strong dislike for [b]Europa[/b], he was extremely charming and his size could be intimidating. This meant that his presence could be of help whether the newcomer was friend, foe, or neither. A party of three seemed balanced to Naal; any more and they would be too obvious or could potentially appear threatening. It didn't take the party long to locate the newcomer. Her eye-spotted, glassy wings glistened in the sunlight that streamed between the bare trees. [b]Leban[/b] approached her first. "Greetings, stranger. Welcome to the lands of Glimmerfall. I am [b]Leban[/b] and these are my clanmates, [b]Europa[/b] and [b]Sebastion[/b]." [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/911546/91154542_350.png?mtime=ZZXlkhquZTA.png[/img] The skydancer turned and smiled at the party. "Greetings to you as well, there," she smiled, "Light and blessings be on you and your clan. I am [b]Shard[/b], daughter of [b]Goldsring[/b] and [b]Flicker[/b]." [b]Sebastion[/b] visibly relaxed at [b]Shard's[/b] calm tone and [b]Leban[/b] continued, "What brings you here?" "My parents," [b]Shard[/b] said, "task all of their many children with spreading joy and hope to the farthest reaches of the planet. I've been traveling for a long time now, searching for a place where I'm needed, you know." [b]Europa[/b] studied [b]Shard's[/b] face carefully. His first thought was that she was full of zeeba dung and that her "light and joy" lines were just a ploy to get dragons to trust her. But after thinking on it again, it was such an odd thing to say that he couldn't help but believe it. After all, if she were trying to manipulate them, would she not use something less...absurdly benevolent? He and [b]Leban[/b] exchanged a glance that communicated the gist of this sentiment. [b]Shard[/b] noticed the glance and seemed to become uneasy, "I know it sounds crazy, yeah, but I swear to you it is the truth. My parents spent some time teaching me right from wrong and how to do good and then sent me on my way. I truly want no trouble, there. In fact, I probably have something I could give you just for your time--" "Please," [b]Leban[/b] said, holding up a paw, "We don't want to take anything of yours, and your presence is of no inconvenience to us. ...In fact...our clan is in a way that could use a helping hand, if you are willing to stay here in Glimmerfall for a time." [b]Shard[/b] brightened, "For sure, brother! Anything you need I'm happy to provide! I thank you for offering me shelter, there. You'll hardly even know I'm there except for the help I provide, I can promise you that." [b]Leban[/b] gave a nod and a small smile. "Come," he said, "we will show you to the lair." As [b]Shard[/b] trailed behind them and talked with [b]Leban[/b], [b]Europa[/b] noted that she took special care not to get in anyone's way or bump into anyone, moving in an almost dance-like fashion to avoid potentially even brushing against the party. She also spoke much of what she could potentially provide to the clan. A people-pleaser. She would annoy [b]Glex[/b], no doubt. He wasn't sure how yet, but Shard could potentially be an interesting new piece in his game. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/3451e92fadd25f8a5234d2503c9f37ff/319aad204b84e3c5-de/s640x960/68e76877fb682fd26a796b895460040e4af2f2be.png[/img] [pinglist=6058] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2257922/1#post_28920485] [emoji=left wing size=1]Image source[emoji=right wing size=1] [/color][/font][/size]
Day Fourty-Nine
ca3f28103a6d33d320a7722208b218eb6ac314a5.png
CW: reverse sexism,

Mith Bruiser
Newcomer
bNl3T2B.png

"How come...? How come you and Maorach never, um, touch noses like mom and dad or Thoth and Skyscale?"

Syzereld's whiskers twitched in annoyance at Arcana's incessant questioning, "Because she annoys me."

"Why does she annoy you?"

"Because she's-- Because she just does."

"But why?"

"Because," he replied with a growl, "She doesn't know how to mind her business and is rude."

"Oh." For a moment, it seemed as if Arcana would be satisfied by this, but she took another breath and asked, "Then how come you had a nest with her?"

"Arcana," Thoth scolded gently, "Please leave my fellow alchemist alone."

Arcana huffed in disappointment but clumsily slunk over to Thoth's nest to stare at the two eggs he was incubating. "How come both of your nests have two eggs, but Mommy and Daddy only have me?"

Thoth and Syzereld cast a worried glance at each other and silence hung in the air for a moment before Thoth said, "Why don't I tell you a story?"

"A story?" Arcana completely forgot about her question and wiggled into the nest beside Thoth, careful to give the eggs plenty of room, as she had been instructed, "I wanna hear a story!"

"It's about four very powerful, very ancient dragons..."
bNl3T2B.png
Construction on the rest of the den was going smoothly; the large, central area that had come to be known as the great hall was now secured with supports. The water that flowed into it from above had been channeled and contained and plans to put in a waterwheel were in the works. For now, it was simply a victory that everyone could move their temporary nests back into the cave.

It was a good thing, too; snowflakes were beginning to speckle the sky and the wind from the neighboring ice territory was becoming intense. Maorach's next project was creating a way to safely heat the great hall without filling it with smoke. This meant that she had to leave the lion's share of egg-incubating to Syzereld. Glex saw this as only proper; females carried eggs, but she felt that males were better suited to sit and incubate them. Females had other, more important things to do, and she needed Maorach to work as fast as possible to get the Glimmerfall lair livable and comfortable for her subjects.
bNl3T2B.png[/center]
Ethir and Naal were anxious to be away from Arcana at the same time, but Glex left them little choice. She needed Ethir to build parts for Maorach and Naal was needed to fulfil her duties as a knight.

Alnair had reported sighting someone, a dragon, in Glimmerfall territory. From what she had seen, the dragon was alone and did not appear to be looking to start trouble, but Naal was to put together a party to confront them before they had the opportunity. She first selected her father, who was the most battle-savvy of all of them, in case the newcomer was aggressive. Leban, the ambassador, was also an obvious choice. Next she chose Europa. Although it was no secret that Sebastion had a strong dislike for Europa, he was extremely charming and his size could be intimidating. This meant that his presence could be of help whether the newcomer was friend, foe, or neither. A party of three seemed balanced to Naal; any more and they would be too obvious or could potentially appear threatening.

It didn't take the party long to locate the newcomer. Her eye-spotted, glassy wings glistened in the sunlight that streamed between the bare trees. Leban approached her first. "Greetings, stranger. Welcome to the lands of Glimmerfall. I am Leban and these are my clanmates, Europa and Sebastion."
91154542_350.png?mtime=ZZXlkhquZTA.png
The skydancer turned and smiled at the party. "Greetings to you as well, there," she smiled, "Light and blessings be on you and your clan. I am Shard, daughter of Goldsring and Flicker."

Sebastion visibly relaxed at Shard's calm tone and Leban continued, "What brings you here?"

"My parents," Shard said, "task all of their many children with spreading joy and hope to the farthest reaches of the planet. I've been traveling for a long time now, searching for a place where I'm needed, you know."

Europa studied Shard's face carefully. His first thought was that she was full of zeeba dung and that her "light and joy" lines were just a ploy to get dragons to trust her. But after thinking on it again, it was such an odd thing to say that he couldn't help but believe it. After all, if she were trying to manipulate them, would she not use something less...absurdly benevolent? He and Leban exchanged a glance that communicated the gist of this sentiment.

Shard noticed the glance and seemed to become uneasy, "I know it sounds crazy, yeah, but I swear to you it is the truth. My parents spent some time teaching me right from wrong and how to do good and then sent me on my way. I truly want no trouble, there. In fact, I probably have something I could give you just for your time--"

"Please," Leban said, holding up a paw, "We don't want to take anything of yours, and your presence is of no inconvenience to us. ...In fact...our clan is in a way that could use a helping hand, if you are willing to stay here in Glimmerfall for a time."

Shard brightened, "For sure, brother! Anything you need I'm happy to provide! I thank you for offering me shelter, there. You'll hardly even know I'm there except for the help I provide, I can promise you that."

Leban gave a nod and a small smile. "Come," he said, "we will show you to the lair."

As Shard trailed behind them and talked with Leban, Europa noted that she took special care not to get in anyone's way or bump into anyone, moving in an almost dance-like fashion to avoid potentially even brushing against the party. She also spoke much of what she could potentially provide to the clan. A people-pleaser. She would annoy Glex, no doubt. He wasn't sure how yet, but Shard could potentially be an interesting new piece in his game.
She/her, 21+
68e76877fb682fd26a796b895460040e4af2f2be.png
I'm writing a kingdomlocke, From Ashes and Dust
[center][size=6][font=garamond][color=#58525f][b]Day Fifty[/b][/color][/font][/size] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/7fb9d0a572944a3e860d16cc94486716/319aad204b84e3c5-db/s500x750/ca3f28103a6d33d320a7722208b218eb6ac314a5.png[/img] [b]CW: speciesism, mention of hatchling death, mention of parent losing their child[/b][center][size=4][font=futura][color=#58525f] [item=fanned cockroach] [i]Hunting Trip[/i][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img][/center] [b]Shard[/b] settled herself in one of the large shared shelters that had been erected within the grand hall of the Glimmerfall lair. Upon arriving at the clan she had been informed that the clan was in the process of adding a section for individual dens. For now, most dragons slept in shared shelters. Her light brown eyes swept over the area in the tent and she listened close to the sounds of the dragons outside of it. When she was sure she was alone in the shelter, she pulled out the chest containing her belongings. [item=strange chest] Within was a black, gray, and orange rug that was wrapped snuggly around a precious bundle. [item=raucous runner] "It's alright now," [b]Shard[/b] said quietly, "we're alone...for now. How's the little one?" The rug bundle lifted itself out of the chest and carefully laid itself down on the ground, gently revealing an egg with an armored, purple shell. [item=unhatched nocturne egg] [b]Shard[/b] bent down and nudged the egg gently with her muzzle, checking its temperature. "Ah," she said to her rug familiar, "you did a good job keeping them a good temperature, there. We don't want them to get too warm now--not yet. Not until we know this is a safe place to raise a little child." She turned the egg gently, "And I hope to the eleven it is. Nocturne eggs can last a while unhatched, but I don't know how long you've already been in there, chere. You're so brave...just a bit longer, yeah?" There was a noise at the shelter's entrance and the rug closed itself around the egg, swiftly and carefully lifting it back into the chest. [b]Shard[/b] hastily closed the lid and whipped around to see who had entered. "Ah," [b]Austreben[/b] said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. We're about ready to depart on our hunting trip and the knight requested you come along. Are...? Are you up for that?" [b]Shard[/b] resisted the urge to cast a glance at the chest. "Yeah, of course I'll be happy to help you! I'll come right along, there, if I could just have a minute to organize--." "Yes of course," [b]Austreben[/b] replied, "We'll await you outside." As soon as he left, [b]Shard[/b] caressed the lid of the chest, "You two hang in there. Keep each other safe." With that, she slipped out of the shelter and joined [b]Austreben[/b] and [b]Leban[/b] for her first hunting mission with Glimmerfall. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img][/center] Hunting and foraging were fairly successful, though the clan was still having trouble keeping food stores stocked with the coming of winter. In addition to food, treasures and items were also retrieved, including abandoned chests. [item=strange chest][item=strange chest][item=ice runestone][item=date plumed anklets] The chests were too awkward and heavy to carry while hunting, so they were opened right away. Their contents seem to have been infected by mimics, for they moved on their own. The party decided to contain them in their chests again and send Europa to retrieve and train them once they returned to the lair. [item=rogue apparel][item=entrapping shackles] While on the hunting trip, [b]Leban[/b] filled [b]Austreben[/b] and [b]Shard[/b] in on some of the recent events that had unfolded in Glimmerfall as well as warning them about [b]Glex's[/b] temper and how to avoid angering her. Both dragons received this information with hasty nods, agreeing to do their best to keep themselves and the dragons around them safe by avoiding angering the royal. But something stirred in [b]Shard[/b]. When it was time for her to leave her nest, her parents sent her into the world with the mission to make the world a better place. When she fist set out, she imagined she would do that by rescuing familiars and helping feed hungry dragons and helping elder dragons. But now she had been brought into this clan where she watched dragons live in fear of their royal, where she had heard talk of certain species of dragons being superior or inferior to others, where she watched dragons huddle together with a look in their eyes like they were imprisoned in their own home. Her gut twisted as she thought of hatching the nocturne egg in such a place. She thought of running, of finding somewhere else to raise the child. But where would she go? The cold was setting in and she wasn't sure if she could find a safe place to bring up a hatchling in time...already it had been a long time since the strange nocturne had asked her to hold the egg and then never returned. She had waited days for their return, but eventually she had accepted that the egg had been abandoned. And now time was running short; she needed a safe place to hatch the egg now. With her heart leaping into her throat, she grit her teeth and made a decision. If this was not a safe place to raise the hatchling that had been put in her charge, then she would have to [i]make[/i] it a safe place for her hatchling...no matter what it took. [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img][/center] While the hunting party was out, [b]Europa[/b] entered the quarters that had been carved out for [b]Glex[/b] and [b]Sebastion[/b]. He knew that she was entering her heat, and he had been watching carefully for an opportunity to approach her when [b]Sebastion[/b] was not around. He had been spending more and more time with her, feeding her worshipful compliments mixed with tantalizing, playful insubordination that excited her and made her want to put him in his place. She was more eager than he expected. He had barely announced his presence before she was on him and by the time Sebastion had returned, he found Glex not in their quarters, but sitting on a nest of three eggs with a self-satisfied smirk on her face. [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/nests/9/3healthy_0dead.png[/img][/center] [center][img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img][/center] [b]Maorach[/b] had tasked [b]Syzereld[/b] with continuing to incubate the eggs. When [b]Glex[/b] arrived in the hatchery, she promptly kicked out [b]Naal[/b], [b]Ethir[/b], and [color=53000E][b]Arcana[/color][/b], claiming that the hatchling had had enough time in the nest and would be just fine out of it. She and [b]Naal[/b] had a snarling argument that no doubt would have turned violent if [b]Galeblast[/b] had not stepped in and reminded [b]Naal[/b] about the safety of the hatchlings. Fighting with [b]Glex[/b] in the hatchery would not only be a losing battle, but would also do harm to the eggs present and possibly to Arcana. With that, [b]Glex[/b] smirked as her daughter backed down and took [color=53000E][b]Arcana[/color][/b] out of the hatchery. As this went on, [b]Maorach[/b] continued to work on constructing what would be known as the Den Hall; a place that was large enough and deep enough to have several dens branching off from it. [b]Alnair[/b] made her way down to the construction zone to offer help, which [b]Maorach[/b] gladly accepted. The conversation eventually turned to [b]Syzereld[/b], [b]Alnair's[/b] son and [b]Maorach's[/b] nesting partner. "He's been a pain," [b]Moarach[/b] said plainly, continuing to break stone away from the walls, "He won't stop bugging [b]Galeblast[/b] with the same stupid questions." "What kind of questions?" [b]Alnair[/b] asked as she lifted a dislodged stone into the wheelbarrow. "Stupid ones," [b]Maorach[/b] replied too quickly. [b]Alnair[/b] allowed silence to hang in the air for a moment before [b]Maorach[/b] sighed heavily, "Just... mostly if they're going to live. And how he can improve their chance of living." "Doesn't seem stupid to me," [b]Alnair[/b] said evenly. "You're bias! Just because you're his mother-- ...anyway, he should stop asking. There's no way to know whether or not they'll live or... or not." [b]Alnair[/b] stopped picking up stones and turned to [b]Maorach[/b], "This is true. But I think deep down you'd like to know, too. We all would." [b]Maorach[/b] continued working, hitting a loose stone with more force than was needed to cause it to tumble to the ground, "But we can't know, doesn't he get that? Doesn't he think that I'd like to know, too? Asking won't-- it won't--" she lowered her tool and her head fins drooped as she swore with frustration. Moving to [b]Maorach's[/b] side, [b]Alnair[/b] wrapped a wing around the engineer. "There is nothing harder than loosing a child," she said gently, "Nothing can prepare you for it. Hatchlings who are born to establishing kingdoms have a higher chance of living than hatchlings born to loner parents, but a lower chance than those born to established kingdoms." "You think I don't know that?" [b]Maorach[/b] snapped before leaning into the coatl's soft chest feathers, "I just wish he'd quit asking. I honestly wish we didn't have a nest together at all." [b]Alnair[/b] nodded with understanding. "You both care deeply about the fate of your hatchlings. As much as you may be feeling regret that you now have this responsibility on top of the overwhelming task of being an engineer, know that you are not going to be raising these hatchlings alone. You're a part of a clan now, [b]Moarach.[/b] You don't have to do this alone." Hot tears stung the mirror's eyes and before she knew what was happening, she melted into [b]Alnair's[/b] embrace and let herself cry for the first time in years. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/3451e92fadd25f8a5234d2503c9f37ff/319aad204b84e3c5-de/s640x960/68e76877fb682fd26a796b895460040e4af2f2be.png[/img] [pinglist=6058] ((Shoutout to @TheCardboardBox! I messaged them about my headcanon for Shard and they replied with a strange chest that ended up having the rug familiar and a nocturne egg in it! Cardboard, I am truly sorry for what is going to happen to poor Shard in the next post...)) [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2257922/1#post_28920485] [emoji=left wing size=1]Image source[emoji=right wing size=1] [/color][/font][/size]
Day Fifty
CW: speciesism, mention of hatchling death, mention of parent losing their child

Fanned Cockroach
Hunting Trip
bNl3T2B.png

Shard settled herself in one of the large shared shelters that had been erected within the grand hall of the Glimmerfall lair. Upon arriving at the clan she had been informed that the clan was in the process of adding a section for individual dens. For now, most dragons slept in shared shelters.

Her light brown eyes swept over the area in the tent and she listened close to the sounds of the dragons outside of it. When she was sure she was alone in the shelter, she pulled out the chest containing her belongings.
Strange Chest
Within was a black, gray, and orange rug that was wrapped snuggly around a precious bundle.
Raucous Runner
"It's alright now," Shard said quietly, "we're alone...for now. How's the little one?"

The rug bundle lifted itself out of the chest and carefully laid itself down on the ground, gently revealing an egg with an armored, purple shell.
Unhatched Nocturne Egg
Shard bent down and nudged the egg gently with her muzzle, checking its temperature. "Ah," she said to her rug familiar, "you did a good job keeping them a good temperature, there. We don't want them to get too warm now--not yet. Not until we know this is a safe place to raise a little child." She turned the egg gently, "And I hope to the eleven it is. Nocturne eggs can last a while unhatched, but I don't know how long you've already been in there, chere. You're so brave...just a bit longer, yeah?"

There was a noise at the shelter's entrance and the rug closed itself around the egg, swiftly and carefully lifting it back into the chest. Shard hastily closed the lid and whipped around to see who had entered.

"Ah," Austreben said, "I'm sorry, I didn't mean to startle you. We're about ready to depart on our hunting trip and the knight requested you come along. Are...? Are you up for that?"

Shard resisted the urge to cast a glance at the chest. "Yeah, of course I'll be happy to help you! I'll come right along, there, if I could just have a minute to organize--."

"Yes of course," Austreben replied, "We'll await you outside."

As soon as he left, Shard caressed the lid of the chest, "You two hang in there. Keep each other safe." With that, she slipped out of the shelter and joined Austreben and Leban for her first hunting mission with Glimmerfall.
bNl3T2B.png
Hunting and foraging were fairly successful, though the clan was still having trouble keeping food stores stocked with the coming of winter. In addition to food, treasures and items were also retrieved, including abandoned chests.
Strange Chest Strange Chest Ice Runestone Date Plumed Anklets
The chests were too awkward and heavy to carry while hunting, so they were opened right away. Their contents seem to have been infected by mimics, for they moved on their own. The party decided to contain them in their chests again and send Europa to retrieve and train them once they returned to the lair.
Rogue Apparel Entrapping Shackles
While on the hunting trip, Leban filled Austreben and Shard in on some of the recent events that had unfolded in Glimmerfall as well as warning them about Glex's temper and how to avoid angering her. Both dragons received this information with hasty nods, agreeing to do their best to keep themselves and the dragons around them safe by avoiding angering the royal.

But something stirred in Shard. When it was time for her to leave her nest, her parents sent her into the world with the mission to make the world a better place. When she fist set out, she imagined she would do that by rescuing familiars and helping feed hungry dragons and helping elder dragons. But now she had been brought into this clan where she watched dragons live in fear of their royal, where she had heard talk of certain species of dragons being superior or inferior to others, where she watched dragons huddle together with a look in their eyes like they were imprisoned in their own home. Her gut twisted as she thought of hatching the nocturne egg in such a place. She thought of running, of finding somewhere else to raise the child. But where would she go? The cold was setting in and she wasn't sure if she could find a safe place to bring up a hatchling in time...already it had been a long time since the strange nocturne had asked her to hold the egg and then never returned. She had waited days for their return, but eventually she had accepted that the egg had been abandoned. And now time was running short; she needed a safe place to hatch the egg now.

With her heart leaping into her throat, she grit her teeth and made a decision. If this was not a safe place to raise the hatchling that had been put in her charge, then she would have to make it a safe place for her hatchling...no matter what it took.
bNl3T2B.png
While the hunting party was out, Europa entered the quarters that had been carved out for Glex and Sebastion. He knew that she was entering her heat, and he had been watching carefully for an opportunity to approach her when Sebastion was not around. He had been spending more and more time with her, feeding her worshipful compliments mixed with tantalizing, playful insubordination that excited her and made her want to put him in his place.

She was more eager than he expected. He had barely announced his presence before she was on him and by the time Sebastion had returned, he found Glex not in their quarters, but sitting on a nest of three eggs with a self-satisfied smirk on her face.
3healthy_0dead.png
bNl3T2B.png
Maorach had tasked Syzereld with continuing to incubate the eggs. When Glex arrived in the hatchery, she promptly kicked out Naal, Ethir, and Arcana, claiming that the hatchling had had enough time in the nest and would be just fine out of it. She and Naal had a snarling argument that no doubt would have turned violent if Galeblast had not stepped in and reminded Naal about the safety of the hatchlings. Fighting with Glex in the hatchery would not only be a losing battle, but would also do harm to the eggs present and possibly to Arcana. With that, Glex smirked as her daughter backed down and took Arcana out of the hatchery.

As this went on, Maorach continued to work on constructing what would be known as the Den Hall; a place that was large enough and deep enough to have several dens branching off from it. Alnair made her way down to the construction zone to offer help, which Maorach gladly accepted. The conversation eventually turned to Syzereld, Alnair's son and Maorach's nesting partner.

"He's been a pain," Moarach said plainly, continuing to break stone away from the walls, "He won't stop bugging Galeblast with the same stupid questions."

"What kind of questions?" Alnair asked as she lifted a dislodged stone into the wheelbarrow.

"Stupid ones," Maorach replied too quickly. Alnair allowed silence to hang in the air for a moment before Maorach sighed heavily, "Just... mostly if they're going to live. And how he can improve their chance of living."

"Doesn't seem stupid to me," Alnair said evenly.

"You're bias! Just because you're his mother-- ...anyway, he should stop asking. There's no way to know whether or not they'll live or... or not."

Alnair stopped picking up stones and turned to Maorach, "This is true. But I think deep down you'd like to know, too. We all would."

Maorach continued working, hitting a loose stone with more force than was needed to cause it to tumble to the ground, "But we can't know, doesn't he get that? Doesn't he think that I'd like to know, too? Asking won't-- it won't--" she lowered her tool and her head fins drooped as she swore with frustration.

Moving to Maorach's side, Alnair wrapped a wing around the engineer. "There is nothing harder than loosing a child," she said gently, "Nothing can prepare you for it. Hatchlings who are born to establishing kingdoms have a higher chance of living than hatchlings born to loner parents, but a lower chance than those born to established kingdoms."

"You think I don't know that?" Maorach snapped before leaning into the coatl's soft chest feathers, "I just wish he'd quit asking. I honestly wish we didn't have a nest together at all."

Alnair nodded with understanding. "You both care deeply about the fate of your hatchlings. As much as you may be feeling regret that you now have this responsibility on top of the overwhelming task of being an engineer, know that you are not going to be raising these hatchlings alone. You're a part of a clan now, Moarach. You don't have to do this alone."

Hot tears stung the mirror's eyes and before she knew what was happening, she melted into Alnair's embrace and let herself cry for the first time in years.

((Shoutout to @TheCardboardBox! I messaged them about my headcanon for Shard and they replied with a strange chest that ended up having the rug familiar and a nocturne egg in it! Cardboard, I am truly sorry for what is going to happen to poor Shard in the next post...))

Image source
She/her, 21+
[center][size=6][font=garamond][color=#58525f][b]Day X[/b][/color][/font][/size] [img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/7fb9d0a572944a3e860d16cc94486716/319aad204b84e3c5-db/s500x750/ca3f28103a6d33d320a7722208b218eb6ac314a5.png[/img] [b]CW: death, near death, crushing chest wound, gash, blood, g*re, parent death, familiar grief[/b][center][size=4][font=futura][color=#58525f] [item= i t e m ] [i]Deadly Duel[/i][/center] [img]https://i.imgur.com/bNl3T2B.png[/img][/center] The nursery was stone quiet since [b]Glex[/b] and [b]Europa[/b] had their brood. [b]Thoth[/b] and [b]Skyscale[/b] turned their eggs over and whispered to each other, watching and listening intently, as the eggs had begun to wiggle. Any day now they would be hatching. [b]Syzereld[/b] was still the one who sat on the eggs most of the time, as [b]Maorach[/b] was still working hard to get the lair in order. [b]Galeblast[/b] paced quietly around the nursery, making sure everyone had what they needed. [b]Glex[/b] sat upon her brood with a self-satisfied smirk on her face. The nest she was in was still warm with the presence of her daughter, [b]Naal[/b], the little spiral she had chosen to mate with, and their primal-eyed daughter, [color=53000E][b]Arcana[/color][/b]. It pleased [b]Glex[/b] that she had been able to kick them out of the nest early. [b]Naal[/b] had clearly only mated with [b]Ethir[/b] as an act of rebellion against her, and [b]Glex[/b] was glad for the opportunity to show her what happens to those who defy their royal. The heavy silence was cut by a shrill voice calling from the great hall, "[b]Glex[/b], Royal of Glimmerfall! I-- I summon you!" Everyone in the nursery turned towards their Royal, whose slit pupils narrowed dangerously small. Who dared to call for her in such a way? What dragon possessed the shrill voice that called her forward as if it had the right to address her at all? From the entrance, [b]Europa's[/b] large frame came into view. He had a concerned, confused look on his face, but approached [b]Glex[/b] without fear, coming to stand by her side. "I will keep them warm," he said, putting a claw on the nest, "she's causing quite a stir out there." [b]Glex[/b] didn't answer or even look at [b]Europa[/b]. Instead, she slid from the nest, rage-filled eyes forward, as if stalking prey. When she came into the great hall, she saw that many dragons had gathered to see what the commotion was about. But one dragon stood in the center, near where the water fell from the hole [color=#8b324d][b]The Arcanist's[/b][/color] meteor had created. "[b]Glex[/b]!" [b]Shard[/b] cried again, "I'm calling out your tyranny! I have only been in this clan a few days and I have seen clearly that most dragons in this clan live in fear of you. Those who stay here do so because they have no choice or have nowhere else to go. You have created a hostile clan prone to disaster and have incurred the wrath of The Arcanist not once, but [i]twice[/i]!" "Get to your point, Skydancer," [b]Glex[/b] sneered, "So I can decide how severe your punishment will be." "You-- You have [i]failed[/i] as a Royal, and it's time someone did something about it! I challenge you to a duel for your title!" Shocked murmurs rippled through the crowd and [b]Sebastion[/b] snarled, "How dare you speak to her that way! Your suicide challenge is hardly worth acknowledge--" He stopped short as [b]Glex[/b] held up a claw to silence him. "A suicide challenge,"[b] Glex[/b] said, oozing further into the great hall to stand before [b]Shard[/b], who stood her ground despite her head feathers raising in nervous alarm, "But I accept, if only to use you as a demonstration for any who were thinking of opposing my rule." [b]Ethir[/b] ushered [color=53000E][b]Arcana[/color][/b] out of the lair, despite the fact that hatchlings her age rarely even left the nest, much less the lair. He knew what damage it could do to a hatchling to watch someone ripped apart before their eyes. The little spiral objected until her mother snarled at her to listen to her father, at which time she did so with a quivering lip as [b]Ethir[/b] let her wrap around his neck and nuzzle into his face. [b]Naal[/b] stayed to watch the duel. Her sister, [b]Moongleam[/b], came to stand beside her. They shared a look of understanding; fear for Shard, but moreover fear that they did not know whether or not they were hoping their mother would win or lose, and what either answer said about them. [b]Cypress[/b] immediately began sanitizing their tools in preparation to treat any wounded parties as [b]Theseus[/b] stepped forward to list the rules of engagement. "Both dragons are to step forward and look each other in the eye," he said. [b]Glex[/b] and [b]Shard[/b] came to stand in front of each other and locked eyes. The bogsneak looked up at her opponent with an intense look of self-confidence and fury, as if she couldn't wait to tear her apart. [b]Shard's[/b] light eyes were full of fear, but underneath that burned a righteous determination that helped her hold her opponent's gaze unwaveringly. "The duel will commence on my mark, not before," [b]Theseus[/b] said, "Any violation of the rules of engagement nullifies the duel's validity and will cost the offending dragon their place in the clan. This is a duel to the death. The battle will continue until one party is dead or unable to fight. If one party is rendered unable to fight, it is up to the victor to decide whether they live or die. That being the case, both parties will be presented with the opportunity to state their last words, beginning with the challenged." He looked towards [b]Glex[/b]. "These words will not be my last," Glex said, "I look forward to the opportunity to display my strength to my clan by reducing you to a pile of feathers, bones, and blood." [b]Shard [/b]didn't react except by swallowing nervously. [b]Theseus[/b] waited a moment more, but when it was clear that the Royal was finished speaking, he turned to [b]Shard.[/b] "A clan," she began, "should be a safe place for all of its members. A haven from the dangers of traveling alone. It should especially be a safe place to raise hatchlings. But I've watched the way you selfishly kicked a hatchling and her parents out of their nest because of your own poor planning and unwillingness to find a solution. I've only been here a few days and I can tell that the dragons here fear and despise you, and that is no safe place for a hatchling to grow! The dragons of this clan deserve a Royal who will support and protect them, not make them and their young live in fear and servitude." [b]Glex[/b] smirked in amusement at [b]Shard's[/b] self-righteous speech. However, her smirk faded as she heard ripples of murmurs through the crowd watching. She swallowed a hiss, deciding that she would set things right by spilling Shard's blood quickly rather than taking her time dismembering her. "Both dragons," Theseus continued, "Select a weapon." They were presented with the meager selection of weapons that Ethir was still rebuilding after [color=#8b324d][b]The Arcanist[/b][/color] wiped out their resources. [b]Glex [/b]refused to take a weapon, stating that The Eleven had given her all that she needed to win this fight. [b]Shard [/b]took a pair of knives. "Now," [b]Theseus[/b] continued, "each party pace once imperial-length back." Once they had done so, he looked from one to the other, stepping back into the crowd, "Begin!" Immediately, [b]Glex[/b] charged forward with speed and ferocity that startled [b]Shard.[/b] The skydancer startled and used her powerful back legs to launch herself into the air, gliding next to the waterfall as she prepared a spell. [b]Glex[/b] skidded to a halt, digging her sharp claws into the stone ground, before launching herself into the waterfall and swimming upwards. She launched herself from the falls in an attempt to land on [b]Shard's[/b] back. [b]Glex[/b] missed her mark, but only barely. The impact was enough to break the bogsneak's fall and to send [b]Shard[/b] spiraling downward. When the skydancer landed, she felt an intense pain in her right wing. She would no longer be able to fly. Quickly, she turned and launched a sphere of magic energy at [b]Glex[/b]. The Royal was able to get her footing just in time to bring her glassy wings in front of herself, protecting herself from the blow as the magic dissipated off of her wings with nothing but a heated sting. [b]Glex[/b] eagerly lowered her wings, wanting to charge forward and strike while [b]Shard[/b] was preparing her next spell. However, when she lowered her shield, she was able to see that Shard had charged her, and was now face to face with those light brown eyes. Gone was the timidness and fear; all that remained was determination that burned brighter than the sun. One of [b]Shard's[/b] knifes swiped at [b]Glex[/b], who was just able to knock it out of her hand, but the other hit its mark. [b]Shard[/b] yelled loudly as she drove the knife deep into [b]Glex's[/b] throat sack. She pulled the knife downward, causing blue acid and red blood to spill onto the ground at her feet, splashing onto her and warping her feathers. From the crowd, [b]Sebastion[/b] could be heard screaming as [b]Alnair[/b] and [b]Serenade[/b] held him back. [b]Torval[/b] regarded her lover's murderer with a cold sense of satisfaction. Here he was, bound and held back while his lover was sliced up. Just as she had been while he mercilessly murdered [b]Quickstrike[/b] over what he decided was a verbal offense to [b]Glex[/b]. She knew it was cruel, but in that moment, [b]Torval[/b] felt vindicated, as if her lover's death had been partially avenged. [b]Glex[/b] gurgled with pain, but used her weight to push [b]Shard[/b] to the ground, digging her claws into her chest. Acid dripped on the skydancers face as [b]Glex[/b] bared her teeth and put all of her weight on the one claw. Shard's cries of pain nearly drowned out the muffled sounds of splintering bone, but were cut abruptly short by one great [i]crack[/i] as her chest gave in. For a very brief moment, neither dragon moved. Presently, [b]Glex[/b] fell to the side and lay still, her vision blurring and her muscles feeling as if they were made of gelatin. [b]Cypress[/b] rushed forward, coming first to [b]Shard's[/b] side. The skydancers eyes drifted past [b]Cypress [/b]as they assessed the damage and swore under their breath and shoved a crushed plant under her tongue that would hopefully work fast enough to block the pain receptors in her brain. There was nothing else they could do. As they moved on to stabilize [b]Glex[/b], [b]Theseus[/b] came to [b]Shard's[/b] side to support her as she passed. Her mouth opened and closed, filling with blood as she tried to say something, finally managing to mouth the word "chest." [b]Theseus[/b] nodded, "Yes, you have sustained a fatal chest wound." [b]Shard[/b] shook her head and with all of her strength, lifted a claw towards the makeshift den she had been staying in. Suddenly, [b]Austreben[/b] gasped. "No! No, her chest! She brought-- Here!" He rushed into the den and came back holding the rug bundle. He gently placed it on the ground beside Shard and the rug unwound itself, resting on Shard's chest as if it could stop her internal bleeding. [b]Theseus[/b] placed her hand on the rug and she weakly moved her finger to pet it. [b]Austreben[/b] gasped and [b]Theseus[/b] turned to see him holding the nocturne egg. So [i]that[/i] was what [b]Shard[/b] was fighting to protect. [b]Theseus[/b] felt a twist of guilt in his gut. Although he knew what [b]Glex[/b] was doing wasn't right, he also knew that he did not have the strength to oppose her, so he had vowed to himself to help in any way he could from his position, holding off on challenging her. And yet [b]Shard[/b] had given her life in order to give this hatchling, who wasn't even her's by the looks of it, a chance at a good life. He placed a hand on her face, wiping away tears that were now streaming from her eyes. "We will protect them," he said, "Go in peace." [b]Shard's[/b] eyes drifted and her head lay limp. Her finger upon her familiar stopped moving, and it wasn't long before her eyes began to gloss over. [center][img]https://flightrising.com/images/cms/breeds/10/coli_defeated.png[/img][/center] Despite the blue acid slowly cutting through her protective gloves and searing her scales, [b]Cypress[/b] worked quickly and efficiently to stop the bleeding and leakage of acid and stabilize [b]Glex[/b]. The world seemed to [b]Glex[/b] to be moving in slow motion, and she was struggling to process the sounds around her. The only sound she can discern is the sound of [b]Sebastion[/b] wailing. Her pink eyes drifted over the faces that she could see. For a moment, she seemed to be hyper-aware of each of their expressions. She searched each of them desperately, but in them she found only a cold sense of anticipation as they watched her, waiting to see whether or not she would be releasing her hold on life. She clung to the last glimmer of life, not wanting to give any of them the satisfaction of watching her die. Not here. Not now. Not like this. Not until she had built the army of worshipers she craved. As her vision began to fade, she vowed to herself to make them love her the way she deserved to be loved. No matter what it took. [center][img]https://64.media.tumblr.com/3451e92fadd25f8a5234d2503c9f37ff/319aad204b84e3c5-de/s640x960/68e76877fb682fd26a796b895460040e4af2f2be.png[/img] [pinglist=6058] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/forums/cc/2257922/1#post_28920485] [emoji=left wing size=1]Image source[emoji=right wing size=1] [/color][/font][/size]
Day X
CW: death, near death, crushing chest wound, gash, blood, g*re, parent death, familiar grief

Deadly Duel
bNl3T2B.png

The nursery was stone quiet since Glex and Europa had their brood. Thoth and Skyscale turned their eggs over and whispered to each other, watching and listening intently, as the eggs had begun to wiggle. Any day now they would be hatching. Syzereld was still the one who sat on the eggs most of the time, as Maorach was still working hard to get the lair in order. Galeblast paced quietly around the nursery, making sure everyone had what they needed.

Glex sat upon her brood with a self-satisfied smirk on her face. The nest she was in was still warm with the presence of her daughter, Naal, the little spiral she had chosen to mate with, and their primal-eyed daughter, Arcana. It pleased Glex that she had been able to kick them out of the nest early. Naal had clearly only mated with Ethir as an act of rebellion against her, and Glex was glad for the opportunity to show her what happens to those who defy their royal.

The heavy silence was cut by a shrill voice calling from the great hall, "Glex, Royal of Glimmerfall! I-- I summon you!"

Everyone in the nursery turned towards their Royal, whose slit pupils narrowed dangerously small. Who dared to call for her in such a way? What dragon possessed the shrill voice that called her forward as if it had the right to address her at all? From the entrance, Europa's large frame came into view. He had a concerned, confused look on his face, but approached Glex without fear, coming to stand by her side. "I will keep them warm," he said, putting a claw on the nest, "she's causing quite a stir out there."

Glex didn't answer or even look at Europa. Instead, she slid from the nest, rage-filled eyes forward, as if stalking prey. When she came into the great hall, she saw that many dragons had gathered to see what the commotion was about. But one dragon stood in the center, near where the water fell from the hole The Arcanist's meteor had created.

"Glex!" Shard cried again, "I'm calling out your tyranny! I have only been in this clan a few days and I have seen clearly that most dragons in this clan live in fear of you. Those who stay here do so because they have no choice or have nowhere else to go. You have created a hostile clan prone to disaster and have incurred the wrath of The Arcanist not once, but twice!"

"Get to your point, Skydancer," Glex sneered, "So I can decide how severe your punishment will be."

"You-- You have failed as a Royal, and it's time someone did something about it! I challenge you to a duel for your title!"

Shocked murmurs rippled through the crowd and Sebastion snarled, "How dare you speak to her that way! Your suicide challenge is hardly worth acknowledge--" He stopped short as Glex held up a claw to silence him.

"A suicide challenge," Glex said, oozing further into the great hall to stand before Shard, who stood her ground despite her head feathers raising in nervous alarm, "But I accept, if only to use you as a demonstration for any who were thinking of opposing my rule."

Ethir ushered Arcana out of the lair, despite the fact that hatchlings her age rarely even left the nest, much less the lair. He knew what damage it could do to a hatchling to watch someone ripped apart before their eyes. The little spiral objected until her mother snarled at her to listen to her father, at which time she did so with a quivering lip as Ethir let her wrap around his neck and nuzzle into his face. Naal stayed to watch the duel. Her sister, Moongleam, came to stand beside her. They shared a look of understanding; fear for Shard, but moreover fear that they did not know whether or not they were hoping their mother would win or lose, and what either answer said about them.

Cypress immediately began sanitizing their tools in preparation to treat any wounded parties as Theseus stepped forward to list the rules of engagement. "Both dragons are to step forward and look each other in the eye," he said. Glex and Shard came to stand in front of each other and locked eyes. The bogsneak looked up at her opponent with an intense look of self-confidence and fury, as if she couldn't wait to tear her apart. Shard's light eyes were full of fear, but underneath that burned a righteous determination that helped her hold her opponent's gaze unwaveringly.

"The duel will commence on my mark, not before," Theseus said, "Any violation of the rules of engagement nullifies the duel's validity and will cost the offending dragon their place in the clan. This is a duel to the death. The battle will continue until one party is dead or unable to fight. If one party is rendered unable to fight, it is up to the victor to decide whether they live or die. That being the case, both parties will be presented with the opportunity to state their last words, beginning with the challenged." He looked towards Glex.

"These words will not be my last," Glex said, "I look forward to the opportunity to display my strength to my clan by reducing you to a pile of feathers, bones, and blood."

Shard didn't react except by swallowing nervously. Theseus waited a moment more, but when it was clear that the Royal was finished speaking, he turned to Shard. "A clan," she began, "should be a safe place for all of its members. A haven from the dangers of traveling alone. It should especially be a safe place to raise hatchlings. But I've watched the way you selfishly kicked a hatchling and her parents out of their nest because of your own poor planning and unwillingness to find a solution. I've only been here a few days and I can tell that the dragons here fear and despise you, and that is no safe place for a hatchling to grow! The dragons of this clan deserve a Royal who will support and protect them, not make them and their young live in fear and servitude."

Glex smirked in amusement at Shard's self-righteous speech. However, her smirk faded as she heard ripples of murmurs through the crowd watching. She swallowed a hiss, deciding that she would set things right by spilling Shard's blood quickly rather than taking her time dismembering her.

"Both dragons," Theseus continued, "Select a weapon." They were presented with the meager selection of weapons that Ethir was still rebuilding after The Arcanist wiped out their resources. Glex refused to take a weapon, stating that The Eleven had given her all that she needed to win this fight. Shard took a pair of knives. "Now," Theseus continued, "each party pace once imperial-length back." Once they had done so, he looked from one to the other, stepping back into the crowd, "Begin!"

Immediately, Glex charged forward with speed and ferocity that startled Shard. The skydancer startled and used her powerful back legs to launch herself into the air, gliding next to the waterfall as she prepared a spell. Glex skidded to a halt, digging her sharp claws into the stone ground, before launching herself into the waterfall and swimming upwards. She launched herself from the falls in an attempt to land on Shard's back. Glex missed her mark, but only barely. The impact was enough to break the bogsneak's fall and to send Shard spiraling downward. When the skydancer landed, she felt an intense pain in her right wing. She would no longer be able to fly.

Quickly, she turned and launched a sphere of magic energy at Glex. The Royal was able to get her footing just in time to bring her glassy wings in front of herself, protecting herself from the blow as the magic dissipated off of her wings with nothing but a heated sting. Glex eagerly lowered her wings, wanting to charge forward and strike while Shard was preparing her next spell. However, when she lowered her shield, she was able to see that Shard had charged her, and was now face to face with those light brown eyes. Gone was the timidness and fear; all that remained was determination that burned brighter than the sun.

One of Shard's knifes swiped at Glex, who was just able to knock it out of her hand, but the other hit its mark. Shard yelled loudly as she drove the knife deep into Glex's throat sack. She pulled the knife downward, causing blue acid and red blood to spill onto the ground at her feet, splashing onto her and warping her feathers.

From the crowd, Sebastion could be heard screaming as Alnair and Serenade held him back. Torval regarded her lover's murderer with a cold sense of satisfaction. Here he was, bound and held back while his lover was sliced up. Just as she had been while he mercilessly murdered Quickstrike over what he decided was a verbal offense to Glex. She knew it was cruel, but in that moment, Torval felt vindicated, as if her lover's death had been partially avenged.

Glex gurgled with pain, but used her weight to push Shard to the ground, digging her claws into her chest. Acid dripped on the skydancers face as Glex bared her teeth and put all of her weight on the one claw. Shard's cries of pain nearly drowned out the muffled sounds of splintering bone, but were cut abruptly short by one great crack as her chest gave in.

For a very brief moment, neither dragon moved. Presently, Glex fell to the side and lay still, her vision blurring and her muscles feeling as if they were made of gelatin. Cypress rushed forward, coming first to Shard's side. The skydancers eyes drifted past Cypress as they assessed the damage and swore under their breath and shoved a crushed plant under her tongue that would hopefully work fast enough to block the pain receptors in her brain. There was nothing else they could do.

As they moved on to stabilize Glex, Theseus came to Shard's side to support her as she passed. Her mouth opened and closed, filling with blood as she tried to say something, finally managing to mouth the word "chest." Theseus nodded, "Yes, you have sustained a fatal chest wound." Shard shook her head and with all of her strength, lifted a claw towards the makeshift den she had been staying in.

Suddenly, Austreben gasped. "No! No, her chest! She brought-- Here!" He rushed into the den and came back holding the rug bundle. He gently placed it on the ground beside Shard and the rug unwound itself, resting on Shard's chest as if it could stop her internal bleeding. Theseus placed her hand on the rug and she weakly moved her finger to pet it.

Austreben gasped and Theseus turned to see him holding the nocturne egg. So that was what Shard was fighting to protect. Theseus felt a twist of guilt in his gut. Although he knew what Glex was doing wasn't right, he also knew that he did not have the strength to oppose her, so he had vowed to himself to help in any way he could from his position, holding off on challenging her. And yet Shard had given her life in order to give this hatchling, who wasn't even her's by the looks of it, a chance at a good life.

He placed a hand on her face, wiping away tears that were now streaming from her eyes. "We will protect them," he said, "Go in peace."

Shard's eyes drifted and her head lay limp. Her finger upon her familiar stopped moving, and it wasn't long before her eyes began to gloss over.
coli_defeated.png

Despite the blue acid slowly cutting through her protective gloves and searing her scales, Cypress worked quickly and efficiently to stop the bleeding and leakage of acid and stabilize Glex. The world seemed to Glex to be moving in slow motion, and she was struggling to process the sounds around her. The only sound she can discern is the sound of Sebastion wailing. Her pink eyes drifted over the faces that she could see. For a moment, she seemed to be hyper-aware of each of their expressions. She searched each of them desperately, but in them she found only a cold sense of anticipation as they watched her, waiting to see whether or not she would be releasing her hold on life.

She clung to the last glimmer of life, not wanting to give any of them the satisfaction of watching her die. Not here. Not now. Not like this. Not until she had built the army of worshipers she craved. As her vision began to fade, she vowed to herself to make them love her the way she deserved to be loved. No matter what it took.
She/her, 21+
1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9