Back

Quests & Challenges

Quests, Challenges, and Festival games.
TOPIC | Dust in the Wind | Custom’locke
1 2
[center]Day 3 [item=Flamerest Embers] Material: writing [i][/i][/center] [center]———————————[/center] The moon was a beautiful eye, glittering among the stars. Silvery light reflected from the bare stones wherever dark shadows hadn’t shrouded away the land. A bat would occasionally fly, a dark silhouette against a darker sky, but otherwise the night was still. Blitz focused on the dry air grating against his throat as he inhaled. Their travels had brought them inland, away from the humidity of the ocean’s spray. At the moment, they were stuck in their current camp, not wanting to aggravate Amber’s injury. It was healing well, better, in fact, than Blitz had usually seen. However, Sage had informed him that it was normal, and that it was only because of the ambient disease in his homeland that he wasn’t used to such neatly healing injury. Blitz wasn’t sure how to feel about that. He was used to fighting through injuries, any dragon injured gravely enough to need assistance was either left to starve, driven out, or cared for by only their closest clan mates, and even then they might be murdered while in their state of weakness for rights to their personal hoard. That wasn’t the way it was with Amber or with Sage. Sage had immediately volunteered to help, despite being obviously sickened at the sight of blood (she would never have survived the Plaguebringer’s land). Blitz had briefly considered leaving them be, before realizing that the Bogsneak’s help was in fact valuable. And, oddly, he felt a sense of remorse at the thought of being without her. He hadn’t felt that way in ages, not sense he was under his mother’s care. That was an emotion reserved only for hatchlings, and quickly weaned out of them. Such attachments were weaknesses, easily exploited. So why did it feel so [i]right[/i]? Blitz let his gaze travel back down to the ravine, where he could see the faint orange glow of fire magic flickering from inside the cave. Sage and Amber were in there, both safe. Amber was healing. All was well. [center]———————————[/center]
Day 3
Flamerest Embers
Material: writing

———————————

The moon was a beautiful eye, glittering among the stars. Silvery light reflected from the bare stones wherever dark shadows hadn’t shrouded away the land. A bat would occasionally fly, a dark silhouette against a darker sky, but otherwise the night was still.

Blitz focused on the dry air grating against his throat as he inhaled. Their travels had brought them inland, away from the humidity of the ocean’s spray. At the moment, they were stuck in their current camp, not wanting to aggravate Amber’s injury. It was healing well, better, in fact, than Blitz had usually seen. However, Sage had informed him that it was normal, and that it was only because of the ambient disease in his homeland that he wasn’t used to such neatly healing injury.

Blitz wasn’t sure how to feel about that. He was used to fighting through injuries, any dragon injured gravely enough to need assistance was either left to starve, driven out, or cared for by only their closest clan mates, and even then they might be murdered while in their state of weakness for rights to their personal hoard.

That wasn’t the way it was with Amber or with Sage. Sage had immediately volunteered to help, despite being obviously sickened at the sight of blood (she would never have survived the Plaguebringer’s land). Blitz had briefly considered leaving them be, before realizing that the Bogsneak’s help was in fact valuable.

And, oddly, he felt a sense of remorse at the thought of being without her. He hadn’t felt that way in ages, not sense he was under his mother’s care. That was an emotion reserved only for hatchlings, and quickly weaned out of them. Such attachments were weaknesses, easily exploited.

So why did it feel so right?

Blitz let his gaze travel back down to the ravine, where he could see the faint orange glow of fire magic flickering from inside the cave. Sage and Amber were in there, both safe. Amber was healing. All was well.
———————————
[center]Day 4 [item=Sticky Webbing] Material: writing [i][/i][/center] [center]———————————[/center] Sage stalked along the rocks, wings partially outstretched. Her claws, freshly sharpened, tapped against the dirt as she prowled along, watchful eye scanning the dry brush. She froze at movement to her left before carefully tutoring her head to watch it. Nestled in the shrubs, a tawny-colored form moved. The hare was camouflaged well, but Sage’s sharp eyesight could still easily spot it. She narrowed her eyes, flicking her claws and licking her teeth. It was an average sized rabbit, but delightfully round. If she caught enough of them, she and Amber would be able to have a full meal. She lowered herself, preparing for her sprint as she watched the hare carefully. It’s nose and whiskers twitched as it foraged the undergrowth, plucking green leaves from the thorny branches. Its ears were tall, rotating slightly as it ate. A cotton tail flicked as black bead eyes blinked slowly. It was… kind of cute. Something must have caught it’s attention because it leaned back on its hind legs abruptly, small leaves hanging half out of its jaw. Its ears swiveled as it cautiously scoped out the scene before lowering itself slowly to continue its meal. Okay, really cute then. — Blitz looked up as Sage arrived into the den. She had been gone for less than an hour, something rare for such a steadfast hunter. “Are you alright?” he asked, quickly checking her over for injuries. She nodded quickly. “Yep. No problems here. Nothing.” “Okay…?” Blitz said slowly. He took in her empty claws and scales untainted with the regular blood. “Didn’t find anything on your hunt, then?” he asked. Sage made a strange strangled sound before blurting, “Nope, nope. Nothing. Didn’t find hide nor hair. No hare, whatsoever.” She hurried off to her nest, still rambling, and Blitz decided to drop it. Wildclaws were weird. [center]———————————[/center] I struggled a lot for an idea for what to write, and this sort of just happened. All in all, I think I like it!
Day 4
Sticky Webbing
Material: writing

———————————

Sage stalked along the rocks, wings partially outstretched. Her claws, freshly sharpened, tapped against the dirt as she prowled along, watchful eye scanning the dry brush.

She froze at movement to her left before carefully tutoring her head to watch it. Nestled in the shrubs, a tawny-colored form moved. The hare was camouflaged well, but Sage’s sharp eyesight could still easily spot it.

She narrowed her eyes, flicking her claws and licking her teeth. It was an average sized rabbit, but delightfully round. If she caught enough of them, she and Amber would be able to have a full meal.

She lowered herself, preparing for her sprint as she watched the hare carefully.

It’s nose and whiskers twitched as it foraged the undergrowth, plucking green leaves from the thorny branches. Its ears were tall, rotating slightly as it ate. A cotton tail flicked as black bead eyes blinked slowly. It was… kind of cute.

Something must have caught it’s attention because it leaned back on its hind legs abruptly, small leaves hanging half out of its jaw. Its ears swiveled as it cautiously scoped out the scene before lowering itself slowly to continue its meal.

Okay, really cute then.

Blitz looked up as Sage arrived into the den. She had been gone for less than an hour, something rare for such a steadfast hunter.

“Are you alright?” he asked, quickly checking her over for injuries.

She nodded quickly. “Yep. No problems here. Nothing.”

“Okay…?” Blitz said slowly. He took in her empty claws and scales untainted with the regular blood. “Didn’t find anything on your hunt, then?” he asked.

Sage made a strange strangled sound before blurting, “Nope, nope. Nothing. Didn’t find hide nor hair. No hare, whatsoever.” She hurried off to her nest, still rambling, and Blitz decided to drop it.

Wildclaws were weird.
———————————

I struggled a lot for an idea for what to write, and this sort of just happened. All in all, I think I like it!
[center]Day 5 [item=Flamerest Fiendcat] [item= Cat's Breastplate] Familiar: newcomer Apparel: nesting [i]Flaxen has joined the ‘Locke Amber and Flaxen have beget two eggs[/i][/center] [center]———————————[/center] Craigville was an energetic place, constantly alive with celebration. The sun was just beginning to set, a vibrant dusk setting king shadows across the town, illuminated with painted lanterns. Hatchlings giggled in their parents arms while elders gossiped from nests made of stone. The whole village was set in one of the ravines, homes half built against the walls with the other buried in the caves. Constant earthquakes made them an adaptable lot, happy for life’s smallest blessings. The village reminded Amber a lot of the Wind Flight’s view on life: carefree and musical. Amber moved along the rope bridges connecting the homes, wings tucked loosely against her sides. Her leg was recovering well, though she still had a bit of a limp. Pale scars ran across the foreleg as well. She stopped at a small cave that came up to about her shoulder. Wood paneling and tree-sap concoction filled the cracks in the walls, turning it into a smooth wall. It had a shiny red door and sleek curtains on glass windows. Amber slipped a single claw through the wooden knocker, and, after knocking, listened to the shouted cacophony from inside. “I’LL GET IT!” shouted one, young voice. The door was pulled open noisily by a young fae dragon, blue frills pulsing with emotion that Amber deciphered as ‘curiosity’. The young dragon blinked up at her with purple eyes before yelling back into the house: “FLAXEN! It’s for YOU!” The young fae was quickly replaced by an older one, this one with soft yellow scales. His frills flicked up, the fae equivalent with a welcoming smile. “Hello, Amber,” Flaxen greeted in a monotone voice, all emotion given through the subtle movements of his toffee-colored frills. He turned his head to call back inside, “I’m going out! Be back soon!” — The moon had replaced the sun by the time Amber and Flaxen made it to their destination. Stars decorated the night sky like splattered drops of paint on a black canvas. Flaxen’s wings fluttered as he flew alongside her. His frills were relaxed, a contented air around him. He looked over at her, frills tilting up to a smile. Amber had first met Flaxen after it became clear that none of the warriors knew more than basic first aid. They had recently moved camps and had approached the nearby village for help in exchange for their services. Flaxen was the young medic, one of the healer’s many apprentices. He proved to be skilled in his work and Amber found that she actually enjoyed his company. Even after she had been almost completely healed, they had continued to hang out together. The two dragons easily moved over the scattered rocks, descending into a tangled nest of briars and thorns. Tall boulders surrounded it, stony sentinels. Flaxen could easily move between the branches with his small size, a little smaller than even Amber’s talon. The bogsneak had a bit more trouble traversing the tangle, but her armored scales kept her safe from any damage. Settled in a bed of old lichens at the briar’s floor were two eggs. They were camouflaged well, at first glance looking more like rounded rocks than eggs, with irregular edges and covered in crack dirt. Looking closer, however, one could sense the magic rolling off of them in comfortable waves, reflecting the parents’ essences as well as the Earthshaker’s own, ambient magic. Flaxen landed next to one of the eggs, wings fluttering. The eggs were only slightly smaller than him, coming up to his shoulder if he stood on four limbs. Amber laid down on the bramble-covered floor, tough scales protecting her from the thorns as she curled around her mate and eggs. [center]———————————[/center] I struggled a lot with this one. I originally got the familiar, but was having a lot of difficulty so I pulled another so I could see what I could be leading up to. Anyway, it ended up being an apparel which was kind of awkward and just ended up combining them. [center] [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/80354696][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/803547/80354696_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
Day 5
Flamerest Fiendcat Cat's Breastplate
Familiar: newcomer
Apparel: nesting

Flaxen has joined the ‘Locke
Amber and Flaxen have beget two eggs
———————————

Craigville was an energetic place, constantly alive with celebration. The sun was just beginning to set, a vibrant dusk setting king shadows across the town, illuminated with painted lanterns. Hatchlings giggled in their parents arms while elders gossiped from nests made of stone. The whole village was set in one of the ravines, homes half built against the walls with the other buried in the caves. Constant earthquakes made them an adaptable lot, happy for life’s smallest blessings. The village reminded Amber a lot of the Wind Flight’s view on life: carefree and musical.

Amber moved along the rope bridges connecting the homes, wings tucked loosely against her sides. Her leg was recovering well, though she still had a bit of a limp. Pale scars ran across the foreleg as well.

She stopped at a small cave that came up to about her shoulder. Wood paneling and tree-sap concoction filled the cracks in the walls, turning it into a smooth wall. It had a shiny red door and sleek curtains on glass windows.

Amber slipped a single claw through the wooden knocker, and, after knocking, listened to the shouted cacophony from inside.

“I’LL GET IT!” shouted one, young voice. The door was pulled open noisily by a young fae dragon, blue frills pulsing with emotion that Amber deciphered as ‘curiosity’.

The young dragon blinked up at her with purple eyes before yelling back into the house: “FLAXEN! It’s for YOU!”

The young fae was quickly replaced by an older one, this one with soft yellow scales. His frills flicked up, the fae equivalent with a welcoming smile.

“Hello, Amber,” Flaxen greeted in a monotone voice, all emotion given through the subtle movements of his toffee-colored frills. He turned his head to call back inside, “I’m going out! Be back soon!”

The moon had replaced the sun by the time Amber and Flaxen made it to their destination. Stars decorated the night sky like splattered drops of paint on a black canvas.

Flaxen’s wings fluttered as he flew alongside her. His frills were relaxed, a contented air around him. He looked over at her, frills tilting up to a smile.

Amber had first met Flaxen after it became clear that none of the warriors knew more than basic first aid. They had recently moved camps and had approached the nearby village for help in exchange for their services. Flaxen was the young medic, one of the healer’s many apprentices. He proved to be skilled in his work and Amber found that she actually enjoyed his company. Even after she had been almost completely healed, they had continued to hang out together.

The two dragons easily moved over the scattered rocks, descending into a tangled nest of briars and thorns. Tall boulders surrounded it, stony sentinels. Flaxen could easily move between the branches with his small size, a little smaller than even Amber’s talon. The bogsneak had a bit more trouble traversing the tangle, but her armored scales kept her safe from any damage.

Settled in a bed of old lichens at the briar’s floor were two eggs. They were camouflaged well, at first glance looking more like rounded rocks than eggs, with irregular edges and covered in crack dirt. Looking closer, however, one could sense the magic rolling off of them in comfortable waves, reflecting the parents’ essences as well as the Earthshaker’s own, ambient magic.

Flaxen landed next to one of the eggs, wings fluttering. The eggs were only slightly smaller than him, coming up to his shoulder if he stood on four limbs.

Amber laid down on the bramble-covered floor, tough scales protecting her from the thorns as she curled around her mate and eggs.
———————————

I struggled a lot with this one. I originally got the familiar, but was having a lot of difficulty so I pulled another so I could see what I could be leading up to. Anyway, it ended up being an apparel which was kind of awkward and just ended up combining them.
80354696_350.png
1 2