Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Clan names?
1 2
User names are one thing, but what if we could give our clans an official name? Like for example, Bluebell clan, Mankato clan, Meadowwood clan, and so on

To make it more personal? Just a little something extra for fun.

It wouldn't be a big deal. It could be totally optional. Just something that shows up on the clan profile and maybe work as a surname for the dragons or something like that, but I think it could add something to the feeling of the site?
User names are one thing, but what if we could give our clans an official name? Like for example, Bluebell clan, Mankato clan, Meadowwood clan, and so on

To make it more personal? Just a little something extra for fun.

It wouldn't be a big deal. It could be totally optional. Just something that shows up on the clan profile and maybe work as a surname for the dragons or something like that, but I think it could add something to the feeling of the site?
I'd love to be able to give my clan an official name c:

Not so sure about it being a surname for dragons, unless it was an optional title or something, like "Dragonname of Clan _____". It could be interesting, but I'd be happy even with it just being displayed on your clan page, or in your lair somewhere (maybe as a header on each page, or just the first page of the lair?)

Support!
I'd love to be able to give my clan an official name c:

Not so sure about it being a surname for dragons, unless it was an optional title or something, like "Dragonname of Clan _____". It could be interesting, but I'd be happy even with it just being displayed on your clan page, or in your lair somewhere (maybe as a header on each page, or just the first page of the lair?)

Support!
@Nephoscope yes I agree on the surname thing really. I think it would be good to keep it simple, but I think it could be a fun idea. And add something to rp! :>
@Nephoscope yes I agree on the surname thing really. I think it would be good to keep it simple, but I think it could be a fun idea. And add something to rp! :>
I like the idea, just as long as it's clear that the names fit in with the naming regulations for the rest of the site (ie, nothing defamatory etc).

And maybe spaces in our names too, please? To go with the example on the first post, let us choose Meadowwood or Meadow Wood etc if we wanted?
I like the idea, just as long as it's clear that the names fit in with the naming regulations for the rest of the site (ie, nothing defamatory etc).

And maybe spaces in our names too, please? To go with the example on the first post, let us choose Meadowwood or Meadow Wood etc if we wanted?
Pings are disabled.

If writers are supposed to "show not tell," why are we called "storytellers" and not "storyshow-ers"?
@gemajgall yes most definitively! Just something simple for fun
@gemajgall yes most definitively! Just something simple for fun
My full support for this~! I was accftually thinking about this the other day..so many people (including me) have given their clan a name and it being an official in-game thing sounds great!
My full support for this~! I was accftually thinking about this the other day..so many people (including me) have given their clan a name and it being an official in-game thing sounds great!
6655fe4067bf8ca45637cdd30867f01d0c1e2466.png
Support! Definitely. Not only for RP purposes, but just overall it would be nice to have that last touch on creating places for our dragons.
Support! Definitely. Not only for RP purposes, but just overall it would be nice to have that last touch on creating places for our dragons.
@Kgreen
Some people already have established clan names.

When I first started playing here the full name of my Progen was QnyxzFuegorn

I created the Fuegorn clan. The clan's name was created from taking the Spanish word Fuego which means fire and I merged it with the word Horn to get Fuegorn.

The clan name had the meaning Fire Horn, because of my fire element. What that did was force me to make shorter first names if I wanted to use the clan name as a surname.

It was a challenge to create names that were short enough to use my naming scheme, so I decided to rename all my dragons and remove the clan surname from their names.

I know of a player in the Lightning clan that has her dragons using "Storm" as the clan name.

We have a limit of 16 letters for names, so if you wanted to use a surname for your dragon nothing stops you provided you are less than 16 letters and are within the name guidelines.

Also nothing prevents you from just giving your clan a name and posting it on your clan profile page. You could even make a clan banner and post that there as well.

There is really nothing that needs to be done to have a clan name other than just giving yourself one and putting it in your clan profile.
@Kgreen
Some people already have established clan names.

When I first started playing here the full name of my Progen was QnyxzFuegorn

I created the Fuegorn clan. The clan's name was created from taking the Spanish word Fuego which means fire and I merged it with the word Horn to get Fuegorn.

The clan name had the meaning Fire Horn, because of my fire element. What that did was force me to make shorter first names if I wanted to use the clan name as a surname.

It was a challenge to create names that were short enough to use my naming scheme, so I decided to rename all my dragons and remove the clan surname from their names.

I know of a player in the Lightning clan that has her dragons using "Storm" as the clan name.

We have a limit of 16 letters for names, so if you wanted to use a surname for your dragon nothing stops you provided you are less than 16 letters and are within the name guidelines.

Also nothing prevents you from just giving your clan a name and posting it on your clan profile page. You could even make a clan banner and post that there as well.

There is really nothing that needs to be done to have a clan name other than just giving yourself one and putting it in your clan profile.
support
support
CSlUWkg.png
A lot of us already do this informally. It'd be lovely to have it in the game official.
A lot of us already do this informally. It'd be lovely to have it in the game official.
1 2