Back

Flight Rising Discussion

Discuss everything and anything Flight Rising.
TOPIC | I just realized that this color exists..
1 2 3 4
Honestly that's me with most of the FR colors haha

I'm a bit more familiar with the colors now that I've started a colorwheel collection with XXX dragons, but there's still some that surprise me. For example, I had no idea that Camo existed until I purchased a dragon for my collection with it.
Honestly that's me with most of the FR colors haha

I'm a bit more familiar with the colors now that I've started a colorwheel collection with XXX dragons, but there's still some that surprise me. For example, I had no idea that Camo existed until I purchased a dragon for my collection with it.
39171734.pnguglyplushies.pngsephydragflipped.png
too many purples on this damn site. wth is "nightshade"
too many purples on this damn site. wth is "nightshade"
RIuVQv5.png looking for an orca/orca/shale w/ plague eyes
Mauve

I know I’ve seen it before but every single time I see it I’m like woah, never seen that color before lol
Mauve

I know I’ve seen it before but every single time I see it I’m like woah, never seen that color before lol
Small-Rain-Icon.png

She / Her
FR + 3
Coli Log
Art Dump
Shrieking Wilds Guild
C3-D7-D65-D-8-A62-486-A-BD3-F-ACD82-BE0-EDD1.png
[quote name="Natron" date="2023-12-01 21:02:25" ] As an avid, autistic scryer who needs to categorise and plan everything through, it is unfathomable to me that some people just exist on Flight Rising and not know everything about the mechanics /light-hearted [/quote] haha same my memory is bad enough that I couldn't LIST the colours (I've tried), but if you showed me any colour on the colour wheel I would definitely remember it exists, at the least! (and for many colours I could tell you their accent colours on specific genes as well. I spend LESS time in the scrying workshop these days... but still a LOT)
Natron wrote on 2023-12-01 21:02:25:
As an avid, autistic scryer who needs to categorise and plan everything through, it is unfathomable to me that some people just exist on Flight Rising and not know everything about the mechanics /light-hearted

haha same
my memory is bad enough that I couldn't LIST the colours (I've tried), but if you showed me any colour on the colour wheel I would definitely remember it exists, at the least! (and for many colours I could tell you their accent colours on specific genes as well. I spend LESS time in the scrying workshop these days... but still a LOT)
~~~~ hello ^^ ~~~~
ara - 21 - she/any
pings and messages
always welcome :)
-
hh5n4WA.pngmlHpBMC.png
tqGkHih.png0XHtpWy.png
P4eo1Gw.png

---
Accent: petals of violet
500g/kt each
I know all the colors and can guess most with reasonable accuracy, but I always get Crocodile, Olive and Moss mixed up for whatever reason. I think it's because one of them has a really nice reddish accent (at least I think it does), but I can never remember which. Also, the green range order always trips me up because you've got dull greens like Swamp and Camo, then you get into stuff like Radioactive and Pear, and then you get back into dull greens. It always trips me up.
I know all the colors and can guess most with reasonable accuracy, but I always get Crocodile, Olive and Moss mixed up for whatever reason. I think it's because one of them has a really nice reddish accent (at least I think it does), but I can never remember which. Also, the green range order always trips me up because you've got dull greens like Swamp and Camo, then you get into stuff like Radioactive and Pear, and then you get back into dull greens. It always trips me up.
_______
Pressed Moonflower

((They/Them)) ((Ve/Vir))
WINDTALE

Pressed Morning Glory
Crocodile and pear I'm always pleasantly delighted to be reminded exist before they vanish out of my memory again.
Crocodile and pear I'm always pleasantly delighted to be reminded exist before they vanish out of my memory again.
Dragons dragons dragons.
I vaguely remembered a color named Camo and I just assumed it was a false memory no Camo is an actual color on the wheel look here's an XXX Camo scry [img]https://www1.flightrising.com/dgen/preview/dragon?age=1&body=154&bodygene=247&breed=24&element=10&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=154&tertgene=227&winggene=239&wings=154&auth=588973dbf0fde17ed8cbe942db3549c92e85c410&dummyext=prev.png[/img]
I vaguely remembered a color named Camo and I just assumed it was a false memory

no
Camo is an actual color on the wheel
look here's an XXX Camo scry

dragon?age=1&body=154&bodygene=247&breed=24&element=10&eyetype=2&gender=1&tert=154&tertgene=227&winggene=239&wings=154&auth=588973dbf0fde17ed8cbe942db3549c92e85c410&dummyext=prev.png
n9sEhSB.png you can call me Qwil
there is no U anywhere in my username
nej6cGW.png
JHqnR5C.png
FObX7rS.png
8GgdVkW.png
Wow! I think is interesting how a lot of colors that for me are extremely obvious for other people are rare or never seen them before!
I guess depends on your lair, for example, the ones that have never seen mist or nightshade
Since I love purples I know all that area of the color wheel
But I barely like orange/brown so that's why I didn't know the existence of Auburn

Really interesting O:
Wow! I think is interesting how a lot of colors that for me are extremely obvious for other people are rare or never seen them before!
I guess depends on your lair, for example, the ones that have never seen mist or nightshade
Since I love purples I know all that area of the color wheel
But I barely like orange/brown so that's why I didn't know the existence of Auburn

Really interesting O:
5a066ddb322c44953d878c49e7978a00895ca735.png
I have a pretty good memory for which colours exist (I was on the site during the colour wheel expansion and we absolutely freaked out and obsessed over all the new colours!) but it's becoming more difficult to remember how those colours change with different genes, now that there are so many genes that give different highlights/accent colours.

Like, petal/butterfly was HUGE when it was released because up until then, the most variation you get out of a colour was clown/eye spots. Now every colour has a massive palette potential, and I kinda wish I could show 2014-2016 me some current day scrys of what her "ugly" dragons could look like in the future.
I have a pretty good memory for which colours exist (I was on the site during the colour wheel expansion and we absolutely freaked out and obsessed over all the new colours!) but it's becoming more difficult to remember how those colours change with different genes, now that there are so many genes that give different highlights/accent colours.

Like, petal/butterfly was HUGE when it was released because up until then, the most variation you get out of a colour was clown/eye spots. Now every colour has a massive palette potential, and I kinda wish I could show 2014-2016 me some current day scrys of what her "ugly" dragons could look like in the future.
Don't forget to ping me @Aryllia to get my attention.
[quote name="SunstonePhoenix" date="2023-12-01 19:32:18" ] For me it's the normal colors. I constantly look at like. Blue, or red and just marvel that there's a standard name amongst the orca and swamp. [/quote] The only ones I don't forget are yellow, brown, black, and white. Purple? Green? What the hell are you talking about??? You mean ranges?? [quote name="arawoods" date="2023-12-01 21:24:29" ] [quote name="Natron" date="2023-12-01 21:02:25" ] As an avid, autistic scryer who needs to categorise and plan everything through, it is unfathomable to me that some people just exist on Flight Rising and not know everything about the mechanics /light-hearted [/quote] haha same my memory is bad enough that I couldn't LIST the colours (I've tried), but if you showed me any colour on the colour wheel I would definitely remember it exists, at the least! (and for many colours I could tell you their accent colours on specific genes as well. I spend LESS time in the scrying workshop these days... but still a LOT) [/quote] ^Basically me, but just a few accent colors. I spend way too much time in the scrying workshop lol. It's way more confusing if people forget one of your favorite FR colors
SunstonePhoenix wrote on 2023-12-01 19:32:18:
For me it's the normal colors. I constantly look at like. Blue, or red and just marvel that there's a standard name amongst the orca and swamp.
The only ones I don't forget are yellow, brown, black, and white. Purple? Green? What the hell are you talking about??? You mean ranges??

arawoods wrote on 2023-12-01 21:24:29:
Natron wrote on 2023-12-01 21:02:25:
As an avid, autistic scryer who needs to categorise and plan everything through, it is unfathomable to me that some people just exist on Flight Rising and not know everything about the mechanics /light-hearted

haha same
my memory is bad enough that I couldn't LIST the colours (I've tried), but if you showed me any colour on the colour wheel I would definitely remember it exists, at the least! (and for many colours I could tell you their accent colours on specific genes as well. I spend LESS time in the scrying workshop these days... but still a LOT)
^Basically me, but just a few accent colors. I spend way too much time in the scrying workshop lol. It's way more confusing if people forget one of your favorite FR colors
1 2 3 4