Back

Announcements & News

The latest announcements and Flight Rising news.
TOPIC | Rockbreaker's Ceremony 2023
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 37 38
truly, genuinely, earnestly confused & curious—why is the solution to just change all the gene names and not… just… add modern/ancient breed filters to the auction house? i never search for genes by typing the full “primary gene: fade” title, only “fade” because it’s annoying (and up til now utterly pointless) to search the entire name. changing it so the results are different but only if you go out of your way to type the full thing every time is… really weird and disappointing in a way? it’s just a tedious work-around and not an actual fix. like i REALLY hope we still get actual filters some day, the ancient gene bloat problem just gets worse and worse faster than these bandaid solutions can come out. like yeah sure at this point i’m grateful to have SOME way to only see the modern genes i’m actually looking for instead of 500000 ancient versions, but it’s just kind of absurd to me that this is the solution right now instead of just giving us better filtering :(
truly, genuinely, earnestly confused & curious—why is the solution to just change all the gene names and not… just… add modern/ancient breed filters to the auction house? i never search for genes by typing the full “primary gene: fade” title, only “fade” because it’s annoying (and up til now utterly pointless) to search the entire name. changing it so the results are different but only if you go out of your way to type the full thing every time is… really weird and disappointing in a way? it’s just a tedious work-around and not an actual fix. like i REALLY hope we still get actual filters some day, the ancient gene bloat problem just gets worse and worse faster than these bandaid solutions can come out. like yeah sure at this point i’m grateful to have SOME way to only see the modern genes i’m actually looking for instead of 500000 ancient versions, but it’s just kind of absurd to me that this is the solution right now instead of just giving us better filtering :(
T0pxJUM.png
they/them | fr + 0 | gay plague enthusiast
I'm excited about the gene naming conventions changing!!

I still think it wouldn't hurt to add an 'exact search' function to the AH, since it will still be tedious to search for certain items, like 'Fly' (and perhaps doing this instead of changing the gene names would avoid broken widgets in the future?) But there are still benefits to this change and I appreciate the mediation on the issue regardless (:
I'm excited about the gene naming conventions changing!!

I still think it wouldn't hurt to add an 'exact search' function to the AH, since it will still be tedious to search for certain items, like 'Fly' (and perhaps doing this instead of changing the gene names would avoid broken widgets in the future?) But there are still benefits to this change and I appreciate the mediation on the issue regardless (:
9a1bd9587653bbb4183261754c95b0ab0e0a682a.png
[center]glad to know that i can always count on rockbreaker with keeping me utterly broke. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/86302766][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/863028/86302766_350.png[/img][/url] [emoji=earth rune size=1 ] Happy Rockbreaker's Ceremony! [emoji=earth rune size=1] we at MINjE hope everyone has a good week! Xp [/center]
glad to know that i can always count on rockbreaker with keeping me utterly broke.

86302766_350.png

Happy Rockbreaker's Ceremony!
we at MINjE hope everyone has a good week! Xp
3.png eswSnrS.png
ypcKWM0.png
NlmYDAS.png
hZipXGO.png
hognose!! <3
hognose!! <3
pouadl86373.png
[center]happy rockbreaker's !!! the hognose is SO cute <3 [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/87387992][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/873880/87387992_350.png[/img][/url][/center]
happy rockbreaker's !!! the hognose is SO cute <3

87387992_350.png
0f7631e8a85a7b3d1a87706c5367fe9aa5ebf8a7.png nfy0IrS.png
FObX7rS.png
oxDm2Un.png
q9EEy5M.png
nWiQNX9.png
Earth-Network.png
I love the new gene's. I'm also extremely excited about the gene name update. This will make searching for ancient gene's so much easier!! Thank you for working on it.
I love the new gene's. I'm also extremely excited about the gene name update. This will make searching for ancient gene's so much easier!! Thank you for working on it.
1q7diA4.jpeglf9X4H2.png
[quote name="iniquity" date="2023-11-26 09:40:00" ] truly, genuinely, earnestly confused & curious—why is the solution to just change all the gene names and not… just… add modern/ancient breed filters to the auction house? i never search for genes by typing the full “primary gene: fade” title, only “fade” because it’s annoying (and up til now utterly pointless) to search the entire name. changing it so the results are different but only if you go out of your way to type the full thing every time is… really weird and disappointing in a way? it’s just a tedious work-around and not an actual fix. like i REALLY hope we still get actual filters some day, the ancient gene bloat problem just gets worse and worse faster than these bandaid solutions can come out. like yeah sure at this point i’m grateful to have SOME way to only see the modern genes i’m actually looking for instead of 500000 ancient versions, but it’s just kind of absurd to me that this is the solution right now instead of just giving us better filtering :( [/quote] I think the name change instead of filter is so that you can search for genes specifically for the ancient breed you want, rather than seeing all of the ancient scrolls at once.
iniquity wrote on 2023-11-26 09:40:00:

I think the name change instead of filter is so that you can search for genes specifically for the ancient breed you want, rather than seeing all of the ancient scrolls at once.
Excited to see the renaming of ancient genes implemented! What a smart way to separate the two; and happy Rockbreaker's Ceremony to all!
Excited to see the renaming of ancient genes implemented! What a smart way to separate the two; and happy Rockbreaker's Ceremony to all!
oie-6215725-UHAIb-VYJ.png
AzWEmYL.png Call me Ari!
AzWEmYL.png FR +3
AzWEmYL.png He/She/They
_________________________________ genderfluid.png
Absolutely beautiful skins wow!!
Absolutely beautiful skins wow!!
pSn2GKM.png
actually like the gene this fest. excited to test it out once earth gets their ancient.

unfortunately another year of being disappointed in the earth fest apparel. the familiar is very cute tho. hoggies are one of my favorite snakes so that's cool.
actually like the gene this fest. excited to test it out once earth gets their ancient.

unfortunately another year of being disappointed in the earth fest apparel. the familiar is very cute tho. hoggies are one of my favorite snakes so that's cool.
qLQeTFk.gif
xxxxx
ARAxlYW.png
oxDm2Un.png
FObX7rS.png
nWiQNX9.png
mlHpBMC.png
NQ1Ze0S.png
xxxxx 9121892.png
1 2 ... 19 20 21 22 23 ... 37 38