Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | Thrift finds of a lifetime?
1 2 3 4
I don't go all that much, but I really should go more lol. I usually look for funny shirts (I have found plenty lol) or fun stuffed animals. I once saw 2 or 3 build-a-bears sat together (didn't take them home) which was a pleasant surprise.

The most valuable (to me at least!) thing I got from a charity shop was probably my leather jacket. It was only £2 or so. It was missing a button and there was a small tear on the inside, but nothing unfixable. Definitely a steal :]

OH! I almost forgot!! When I was much younger (around 9 or so) I saw this furby and convinced my grandmother to get it for me. I'd never owned a furby as a kid and was extremely excited to get my first. The furby itself didn't have batteries, and I doubt she would have worked with batteries, but I loved her regardless.
Turns out the little critter was a 2005 furby, which can sell for £100+!!! I found this out when I got back into furbies last year, and from curiousity wanted to see if I could replace my little robotic frend. Definitely too pricy to be replaced X_X. Needless to say she's been lost to time, unless a miracle happens and I find her in the attic lol.
I don't go all that much, but I really should go more lol. I usually look for funny shirts (I have found plenty lol) or fun stuffed animals. I once saw 2 or 3 build-a-bears sat together (didn't take them home) which was a pleasant surprise.

The most valuable (to me at least!) thing I got from a charity shop was probably my leather jacket. It was only £2 or so. It was missing a button and there was a small tear on the inside, but nothing unfixable. Definitely a steal :]

OH! I almost forgot!! When I was much younger (around 9 or so) I saw this furby and convinced my grandmother to get it for me. I'd never owned a furby as a kid and was extremely excited to get my first. The furby itself didn't have batteries, and I doubt she would have worked with batteries, but I loved her regardless.
Turns out the little critter was a 2005 furby, which can sell for £100+!!! I found this out when I got back into furbies last year, and from curiousity wanted to see if I could replace my little robotic frend. Definitely too pricy to be replaced X_X. Needless to say she's been lost to time, unless a miracle happens and I find her in the attic lol.
!hello! azSWexC.gif N1Z2e9k.gif 4hGrYLx.gif
i haven't been thrifting for a long time, but i found some incredible things just by going thrifting that i would never have gotten at the price i did. if it was at any other store, it would probably cost WAY more than what it did when i bought it!

i found a gigantic stuffed teddy bear that is over half my height and it was on the market for only 5 dollars which is incredible, usually i see bears this size being sold for around 40-60 dollars and the bear is in incredibly great condition!

another find that i found in middle school was actually a BMO hoodie from adventure time and i found it at goodwill, i am a big fan of adventure time so finding this made my day when i got it! it still fits me to this day! it's very detailed and in amazing condition! :D
i haven't been thrifting for a long time, but i found some incredible things just by going thrifting that i would never have gotten at the price i did. if it was at any other store, it would probably cost WAY more than what it did when i bought it!

i found a gigantic stuffed teddy bear that is over half my height and it was on the market for only 5 dollars which is incredible, usually i see bears this size being sold for around 40-60 dollars and the bear is in incredibly great condition!

another find that i found in middle school was actually a BMO hoodie from adventure time and i found it at goodwill, i am a big fan of adventure time so finding this made my day when i got it! it still fits me to this day! it's very detailed and in amazing condition! :D
y3CR4IN.png
I typically find pretty good books and movies at Goodwill. Now that I am a size XL instead of a 2XL I find some good mens t-shirts as well.

Probably one of my best finds was a leather jacket that my dad uses for his Indiana Jones costume. It's not accurate, but it looks the part. I don't remember what I paid for it, but not a lot.

One of the more recent finds I got excited about were some big pieces of felt, the kind that come from a bolt at a fabric store. I make felt ornaments as a hobby, so I was pleased.

I also remember finding a little plush "bunny people" character from the old Pentium commercials in the 90s. The clean room workers in psychedelic colors ones.

And I'm not sure if antique stores count, but one time I stumbled across a vintage Sweet Bee (from the original She-Ra) doll for $5. The dealer selling her had no idea what she was. She's probably only worth $10 or $15 on ebay these days, but it made me really happy. Another time I found some of the clothes that go with various vintage She-Ra dolls mixed in with a bunch of Barbie clothes. Each one is worth $5 to $10 by itself.
I typically find pretty good books and movies at Goodwill. Now that I am a size XL instead of a 2XL I find some good mens t-shirts as well.

Probably one of my best finds was a leather jacket that my dad uses for his Indiana Jones costume. It's not accurate, but it looks the part. I don't remember what I paid for it, but not a lot.

One of the more recent finds I got excited about were some big pieces of felt, the kind that come from a bolt at a fabric store. I make felt ornaments as a hobby, so I was pleased.

I also remember finding a little plush "bunny people" character from the old Pentium commercials in the 90s. The clean room workers in psychedelic colors ones.

And I'm not sure if antique stores count, but one time I stumbled across a vintage Sweet Bee (from the original She-Ra) doll for $5. The dealer selling her had no idea what she was. She's probably only worth $10 or $15 on ebay these days, but it made me really happy. Another time I found some of the clothes that go with various vintage She-Ra dolls mixed in with a bunch of Barbie clothes. Each one is worth $5 to $10 by itself.
Unfortunately I didn't have enough money on me at the time, but I found a book of medieval medical illustrations I wanted to get for my sister.

Unfortunately I didn't have enough money on me at the time, but I found a book of medieval medical illustrations I wanted to get for my sister.

I found a copy of the hardcover illustrated version of The Lightning Thief in almost new condition that I grabbed as fast as I could. There's some minor wear and tear to the dust jacket, but it still HAS the dust jacket and the rest is in pristine condition.
I found a copy of the hardcover illustrated version of The Lightning Thief in almost new condition that I grabbed as fast as I could. There's some minor wear and tear to the dust jacket, but it still HAS the dust jacket and the rest is in pristine condition.
jeGlfdJ.gif__ Volunteer Moderator: If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation please feel free to use the Contact Us form. These submissions are viewed solely by the Flight Rising team, not the volunteer moderator group. (+0 FR Time)

There's this annual rummage sale I go to that often has neat stuff. I've gotten a leather jacket, Halo graphic novels, and brass bird statues from there. Another one I found was some Horus falcon statue that was a reproduction. It was turquoise and pretty hefty, and unfortunately a bit damaged on account of the big chunk taken out near the rear. I miss that thing though ever since I misplaced it in storage, it was cool :']. Oh hey, I found a picture! It was one of these guys: [img]https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/f/fd/Replica_Horus_Falcon_British_Museum.JPG/382px-Replica_Horus_Falcon_British_Museum.jpg[/img]
There's this annual rummage sale I go to that often has neat stuff. I've gotten a leather jacket, Halo graphic novels, and brass bird statues from there.

Another one I found was some Horus falcon statue that was a reproduction. It was turquoise and pretty hefty, and unfortunately a bit damaged on account of the big chunk taken out near the rear. I miss that thing though ever since I misplaced it in storage, it was cool :'].

Oh hey, I found a picture! It was one of these guys:

382px-Replica_Horus_Falcon_British_Museum.jpg
25762.png frame-0-delay-0-1s-1.png
My favorite button up was found while thrifting! ~ Fun pattern, strong material, and big pockets![img]https://files.catbox.moe/vtlihq.jpg[/img]
My favorite button up was found while thrifting! ~ Fun pattern, strong material, and big pockets!vtlihq.jpg
he/him
Not the most exciting, but when I was making a TVA Loki cosplay (from season 1) I went to goodwill to look for a brown jacket and maybe a tie. Ended up finding EXACTLY the type of jacket I was looking for, and found a neat patterns tie that almost perfectly matched with the triangle pattens of Loki's tie. Spent a total of like 15 dollars for both and it ended up being one of my cheapest cosplays.
Not the most exciting, but when I was making a TVA Loki cosplay (from season 1) I went to goodwill to look for a brown jacket and maybe a tie. Ended up finding EXACTLY the type of jacket I was looking for, and found a neat patterns tie that almost perfectly matched with the triangle pattens of Loki's tie. Spent a total of like 15 dollars for both and it ended up being one of my cheapest cosplays.
QoiHu86.png
A thrift store in my old hometown had a bunch of old English editions of Shonen Jump magazine. I bought four, they contain chapters of such manga as Shaman King and Hikaru no Go.
A thrift store in my old hometown had a bunch of old English editions of Shonen Jump magazine. I bought four, they contain chapters of such manga as Shaman King and Hikaru no Go.
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
Coming back to this thread because I recently picked up a pair of 90s-2000s Illig rave pants for $30 (they usually go for $70-$100+ online). They're incredible: a functional drawstring [i]and[/i] belt loops, straps everywhere, huge pockets that latch closed, keychain-friendly buckles down the side. I'm gonna wear them to go pick up groceries. [img]https://i.ebayimg.com/images/g/lacAAOSwbNBk6Aic/s-l1600.jpg[/img]
Coming back to this thread because I recently picked up a pair of 90s-2000s Illig rave pants for $30 (they usually go for $70-$100+ online). They're incredible: a functional drawstring and belt loops, straps everywhere, huge pockets that latch closed, keychain-friendly buckles down the side. I'm gonna wear them to go pick up groceries.

s-l1600.jpg
zqDx8gm.png
1 2 3 4