Back

Guides

Community created guides, helpful strategies, and more.
TOPIC | [GUIDE] Monsters of the Coliseum
1 2 3
save
save
plaguebringer.png tn0RSo5.png3cyGa7Q.png
MUYNhfy.pngy0rbHJY.png
tqGkHih.pngAQPJNOh.png
27AZD8S.pngoaolHwW.png
loimysO.png7roFh1r.png
tumblr_p89rkfc4Pq1wvvm88o3_100.png
save
save
MUYNhfy.pngy0rbHJY.png
tqGkHih.pngAQPJNOh.png
27AZD8S.pngoaolHwW.png
loimysO.png7roFh1r.png
@CloudyOvercast Hey there, I notice some of your energy/ability stones are missing, and I can totally help with that. Your guide said to message you, so that's what I'm doing; apologies if you weren't ready yet. I think I should be able to save you a ton of info-gathering time since I already have a list of all of the enemies and their skills that you could use to fill the breath/ability blanks in your guide.

Please take a look at my tool to grab the information. (There are multiple modes; you'll have to select the appropriate one. "Enemy stats mode" gives a list by venue, which I think suits your purposes better. "Calculator mode" could technically be used to look up enemies one by one with a dropdown list of their skills, but it may be less convenient for what you are doing.)

"Enemy stats mode" lists all of the enemies by zone with the exact name of the AI, which has the corresponding breath / ability stones depending on the name. (Check the last column for the AI name.) Enemies with italic names are seasonal.

I'm listing below all the AI -> skill translations because the exact names of the AI in "Enemy stats mode" may not always be descriptive (for example, the _amaranthMoth AI corresponds to "Flutter" and "Scratch"). The exact AI names came from old data from Coliseum 1.0 back when the data was exposed to the client (which is no longer true and hasn't been for many years). Eventually I'm going to change the names to something that's intuitive and descriptive since it's not that important to keep the original names.

Here is the full list of the skills that each AI name corresponds to:

_amaranthMoth: ["scratch", "flutter"] ("Flutter" for "_amaranthMoth" just makes it flutter in the wind and do nothing)
contusePollen: ["pollen", "contuse"] ("Pollen" in "contusePollen" grants breath like "Meditate" but does not apply Meditate Exhaustion)
scratchOnly: ["scratch"]
contuseMeditate: ["meditate", "contuse"]
biteOnly: ["bite"]
scratchShred: ["scratch", "shred"]
contuseMedAid: ["meditate", "contuse", "aid"]
elementalSlasher: ["scratch", "shred", "elementalslash"]
elementalBolter: ["meditate", "elementalbolt"]
eleScrSlashBolt: ["scratch", "elementalslash", "elementalbolt"]
eleScratchSlashDebuf: ["scratch", "elementalslash", "elementalultimate"]
eleMedBoltDebuff: ["meditate", "elementalbolt", "elementalultimate"]

For each element, you can substitute the appropriate elementalslash (e.g. Mist Slash), elementalbolt (e.g. Dark Bolt), and elementalultimate (e.g. Shroud).

Nowadays I check new enemy AI by playing many rounds against them in the Coliseum to confirm their skills, since this info isn't listed in the Game Database. The tool is currently up-to-date up through the newest Mire expansion, so you should be able to get all the breath + ability stone info that you need.
@CloudyOvercast Hey there, I notice some of your energy/ability stones are missing, and I can totally help with that. Your guide said to message you, so that's what I'm doing; apologies if you weren't ready yet. I think I should be able to save you a ton of info-gathering time since I already have a list of all of the enemies and their skills that you could use to fill the breath/ability blanks in your guide.

Please take a look at my tool to grab the information. (There are multiple modes; you'll have to select the appropriate one. "Enemy stats mode" gives a list by venue, which I think suits your purposes better. "Calculator mode" could technically be used to look up enemies one by one with a dropdown list of their skills, but it may be less convenient for what you are doing.)

"Enemy stats mode" lists all of the enemies by zone with the exact name of the AI, which has the corresponding breath / ability stones depending on the name. (Check the last column for the AI name.) Enemies with italic names are seasonal.

I'm listing below all the AI -> skill translations because the exact names of the AI in "Enemy stats mode" may not always be descriptive (for example, the _amaranthMoth AI corresponds to "Flutter" and "Scratch"). The exact AI names came from old data from Coliseum 1.0 back when the data was exposed to the client (which is no longer true and hasn't been for many years). Eventually I'm going to change the names to something that's intuitive and descriptive since it's not that important to keep the original names.

Here is the full list of the skills that each AI name corresponds to:

_amaranthMoth: ["scratch", "flutter"] ("Flutter" for "_amaranthMoth" just makes it flutter in the wind and do nothing)
contusePollen: ["pollen", "contuse"] ("Pollen" in "contusePollen" grants breath like "Meditate" but does not apply Meditate Exhaustion)
scratchOnly: ["scratch"]
contuseMeditate: ["meditate", "contuse"]
biteOnly: ["bite"]
scratchShred: ["scratch", "shred"]
contuseMedAid: ["meditate", "contuse", "aid"]
elementalSlasher: ["scratch", "shred", "elementalslash"]
elementalBolter: ["meditate", "elementalbolt"]
eleScrSlashBolt: ["scratch", "elementalslash", "elementalbolt"]
eleScratchSlashDebuf: ["scratch", "elementalslash", "elementalultimate"]
eleMedBoltDebuff: ["meditate", "elementalbolt", "elementalultimate"]

For each element, you can substitute the appropriate elementalslash (e.g. Mist Slash), elementalbolt (e.g. Dark Bolt), and elementalultimate (e.g. Shroud).

Nowadays I check new enemy AI by playing many rounds against them in the Coliseum to confirm their skills, since this info isn't listed in the Game Database. The tool is currently up-to-date up through the newest Mire expansion, so you should be able to get all the breath + ability stone info that you need.
Bonsai pixels (tofu and tea motif) by miirshroom
@Sylvandyr

Thank you! I'll make sure to go through so that I can update everything!
@Sylvandyr

Thank you! I'll make sure to go through so that I can update everything!
MUYNhfy.pngy0rbHJY.png
tqGkHih.pngAQPJNOh.png
27AZD8S.pngoaolHwW.png
loimysO.png7roFh1r.png
This guide is now officially complete
This guide is now officially complete
MUYNhfy.pngy0rbHJY.png
tqGkHih.pngAQPJNOh.png
27AZD8S.pngoaolHwW.png
loimysO.png7roFh1r.png
Bumping this for those who may need it
Bumping this for those who may need it
MUYNhfy.pngy0rbHJY.png
tqGkHih.pngAQPJNOh.png
27AZD8S.pngoaolHwW.png
loimysO.png7roFh1r.png
@[Guide] Monsters of the Coliseum Pinglist

Updated and now includes all monsters from the new level 10 Silk-Strewn Wreckage, venue
@[Guide] Monsters of the Coliseum Pinglist

Updated and now includes all monsters from the new level 10 Silk-Strewn Wreckage, venue
MUYNhfy.pngy0rbHJY.png
tqGkHih.pngAQPJNOh.png
27AZD8S.pngoaolHwW.png
loimysO.png7roFh1r.png
1 2 3