Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | things you listen to that aren't "songs'
I like to listen to podcasts, history videos (mostly Kaz Rowe) and people analysing media
I like to listen to podcasts, history videos (mostly Kaz Rowe) and people analysing media
dragons I'm currently selling

Any Pronoun (Purple) Queer (Pastel rainbow flag) G8AyR6r.pngqolvKrW.png LGvol4P.png ll0CfnD.png oEGalah.png rUoKR6y.png

YMPbu9R.png
Sound of the Void 10 hours

Sometimes I just need background noise but listening to regular music is just too much or too busy for me. This happens a lot when I get really, really tired or wake up from a nap.
Sound of the Void 10 hours

Sometimes I just need background noise but listening to regular music is just too much or too busy for me. This happens a lot when I get really, really tired or wake up from a nap.
Clara the Blaziken, She/Her, 2+ Fr time, Lady Who Writes Too Much
Back when vlive was still a thing I would sometimes just put on one of my bias’s livestreams and listen to him talk while doing something else.

There’s also:
the sound my fridge makes
transformation jingles from kamen rider shows
coyotes howling in the ravine at night(can get pretty intense)
sound of cars driving by
rain, wind, thunderstorm etc
Back when vlive was still a thing I would sometimes just put on one of my bias’s livestreams and listen to him talk while doing something else.

There’s also:
the sound my fridge makes
transformation jingles from kamen rider shows
coyotes howling in the ravine at night(can get pretty intense)
sound of cars driving by
rain, wind, thunderstorm etc
7eb73ea7ba19f787490a57822f0ee4885760d03e.png
I love long form videos that are informative
my choice would probably be about history or those sorts of videos that analyze media even if it's something I don't know. it's fun

then if I don't want to listen to music or somebody talking, I put on something ambient like rain or winds
I love long form videos that are informative
my choice would probably be about history or those sorts of videos that analyze media even if it's something I don't know. it's fun

then if I don't want to listen to music or somebody talking, I put on something ambient like rain or winds
wqnTQE2.png
Tm63Ief.png
TcyWB8J.png
9R2Unq1.png
Pgv53XB.png
4IXLYjh.png
YMPbu9R.png
I'm not totally sure how to classify them, but I like to listen to pieces by Ryoji Ikeda. Avant-garde techno-minimalism? His work uses electronic clicking, static, and high-pitched beeps to create strange- often strangely cozy- soundscapes. It sounds like robot telepathy. It will scratch your brain in some kind of way.

Alva Noto makes related music, still circular and ambient, but more mellow than Ikeda's. He collaborated on a lovely series of albums with Ryuichi Sakamoto (RIP) on piano. If you're having a difficult day, try playing this to unwind. Let it meet you halfway. Let it sit with you for a while.
I'm not totally sure how to classify them, but I like to listen to pieces by Ryoji Ikeda. Avant-garde techno-minimalism? His work uses electronic clicking, static, and high-pitched beeps to create strange- often strangely cozy- soundscapes. It sounds like robot telepathy. It will scratch your brain in some kind of way.

Alva Noto makes related music, still circular and ambient, but more mellow than Ikeda's. He collaborated on a lovely series of albums with Ryuichi Sakamoto (RIP) on piano. If you're having a difficult day, try playing this to unwind. Let it meet you halfway. Let it sit with you for a while.
RfKIDIZ.png ....... he/they
FR +2
hatchery
ha i had forgotten ive posted in this thread before, first reply too hahaha
well tho im also a True Ambient Fan so sometimes if im too overwhelmed to pick from music to listen to n dont need to have anything on to drown out some unpleasant sound ill just vaguely listen to my surroundings

also i have a copy of this record that's literally just locked grooves of 1.8sec long loops (the previews dont loop perfectly tho - ive been wanting to rip n edit all 40 to loop perfectly tho...)
"The tracks are often used by adventurous DJ’s and turntablists as reliable transition tools, but can also be enjoyed by the home listener with olympic stamina." it's me i'm the home listener with olympic stamina LMAOO (have listened to in particular the oli xl one for unreasonable lengths of time sometimes. i enjoy how it feels rly olixlesque to me even at this short a loop haha)

i guess id also be the sort to unironically pilfer sample packs just for listening to the sounds, if i got around to such more oft, especially if as complementary thing of some release or other
ha i had forgotten ive posted in this thread before, first reply too hahaha
well tho im also a True Ambient Fan so sometimes if im too overwhelmed to pick from music to listen to n dont need to have anything on to drown out some unpleasant sound ill just vaguely listen to my surroundings

also i have a copy of this record that's literally just locked grooves of 1.8sec long loops (the previews dont loop perfectly tho - ive been wanting to rip n edit all 40 to loop perfectly tho...)
"The tracks are often used by adventurous DJ’s and turntablists as reliable transition tools, but can also be enjoyed by the home listener with olympic stamina." it's me i'm the home listener with olympic stamina LMAOO (have listened to in particular the oli xl one for unreasonable lengths of time sometimes. i enjoy how it feels rly olixlesque to me even at this short a loop haha)

i guess id also be the sort to unironically pilfer sample packs just for listening to the sounds, if i got around to such more oft, especially if as complementary thing of some release or other
a minimal doodle of a charcoal/periwinkle imperial with some matchy apparel lounging, with the text 'wow...' near her head she/her / frt+10

"have you tried drink water"
As a musician, I will say one of the few things I listen to that isn’t a “song” would be a metronome.
As a musician, I will say one of the few things I listen to that isn’t a “song” would be a metronome.
cTrEW.gifmlHpBMC.png.XdKddgH.png.
I had SnapCube Sonic the Hedgehog fandubs on my mp3. Full videos.
I had SnapCube Sonic the Hedgehog fandubs on my mp3. Full videos.
reuniclus.gifBazinga.
there's a lot of variety, but the notable ones for me are history videos (especially historia civilis, awesome videos), game playthroughs, and jerma
there's a lot of variety, but the notable ones for me are history videos (especially historia civilis, awesome videos), game playthroughs, and jerma
they/he/thon

FR +3

i like looking at my pretty dragons and naming them like xbox gamertags