Back

General Discussion

Discuss your favorites: TV shows, music, games and hobbies.
TOPIC | FR Recipe Swap
Let's Share the Love for Cooking: Join our Recipe Swap!

Hello fellow food enthusiasts!

I hope this message finds you all well and hungry for some culinary adventures! I'm excited to introduce you to a fantastic opportunity to expand your cooking repertoire and connect with like-minded foodies and amateur chefs! Welcome to the Flight Rising Recipe Swap!
Are you tired of making the same dishes over and over again? Looking for fresh, exciting recipes to tantalize your taste buds? You're in the right place! This thread is all about sharing and discovering delicious recipes from around the world.
Some things worth mentioning:
Be respectful of dietary refrences! It might be helpful to say if a dish is vegan/vegetarian sometime in the beginning part of a recepie so others caqn decide to move on or not :) .
Share your favorites, and maybe a story!- Not really a requirement but I'd love to know the history or tradition behind a particular dish, if you wish to share.
Have fun!-This isn't necessarily just about posting recipes, I'd like it to be a place where we can hang out and discuss food, cooking as a hobby, and how it relates to either you culture or of those that interest you.

To kick things off, I'd love to invite you to share one of your all-time favorite recipes right here! Let's create a deliciously diverse collection of dishes to inspire each other! :)

I'm looking forward to embarking on this culinary adventure with all of you! If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them here or send me a private message.

Kat
Let's Share the Love for Cooking: Join our Recipe Swap!

Hello fellow food enthusiasts!

I hope this message finds you all well and hungry for some culinary adventures! I'm excited to introduce you to a fantastic opportunity to expand your cooking repertoire and connect with like-minded foodies and amateur chefs! Welcome to the Flight Rising Recipe Swap!
Are you tired of making the same dishes over and over again? Looking for fresh, exciting recipes to tantalize your taste buds? You're in the right place! This thread is all about sharing and discovering delicious recipes from around the world.
Some things worth mentioning:
Be respectful of dietary refrences! It might be helpful to say if a dish is vegan/vegetarian sometime in the beginning part of a recepie so others caqn decide to move on or not :) .
Share your favorites, and maybe a story!- Not really a requirement but I'd love to know the history or tradition behind a particular dish, if you wish to share.
Have fun!-This isn't necessarily just about posting recipes, I'd like it to be a place where we can hang out and discuss food, cooking as a hobby, and how it relates to either you culture or of those that interest you.

To kick things off, I'd love to invite you to share one of your all-time favorite recipes right here! Let's create a deliciously diverse collection of dishes to inspire each other! :)

I'm looking forward to embarking on this culinary adventure with all of you! If you have any questions or suggestions, feel free to post them here or send me a private message.

Kat
XxxGZDG.png
xKIpW2A.pngl3R7Ulc.pngqjxrAwx.png
97xO4MG.pngta8VZMD.pngvqM9NnV.png
Save for later
Save for later
XxxGZDG.png
xKIpW2A.pngl3R7Ulc.pngqjxrAwx.png
97xO4MG.pngta8VZMD.pngvqM9NnV.png
As I threatened in the interest check, first thing I do here is inflict forbidden and absolutely cursed knowledge upon you.
Sauerkraut Casserole

First off, it is not vegetarian, but can be modified to be so. It's also a really simple recipe.

Now for a story: I was in my early-to mid twenties, living with my mum and we've cooked together since forever. Then she dropped this bombshell on me. Sauerkraut casserole. Not just that it exists, but also that it is a family recipe she used to have often in the past. Why am I only learning of this at ~23? I don't know. To make matters worse, she swore is really good. I was not convinced, but decided to go along with it.
Since then, I've learned that this is indeed actually a thing. Not just among my family. It's not exactly common, but it's not as rare as it probably should be.

As with everything I'll post here, none of the following measurements are set in stone and can be varied.

1kg potatoes
500ml sauerkraut
200g turkey meat sausage
a small-ish amount of butter/margerine
salt
pepper
other spices of your choice

Cook the potatoes in saltwater, then peel them. Mash them into a smooth paste.
Drain the sauerkraut (very important, it's not great if it's too wet). When it's dry enough, spread it in the bottom of a casserole dish. Add pepper and/or other spices to your liking.
Slice or dice the sausage, spread it atop the sauerkraut.
Then finally add the mashed potatoes evenly on top. Wash the container you kept the mashed potatoes in immediately, because that hellish stuff sticks like concrete once it's dry. Back to your casserole. Add little bits of butter/margerine on top. Those give it a nice crust.
Put it in the oven for about 180°C until it looks good. I don't know, I'm not good with times. I go by feeling. Cooking is an art, not a science.
Once the top has a nice golden colour, it's done. Enjoy.

And enjoy it you will, probably. Because that's the real cursed knowledge: This stuff is actually good. Not an 'I'd eat it every day'-good, but an occasional 'Yeah, I could go for that mess again'-good.

I'll add a photo when I make it next time and didn't forget. There's no way to make this look good on a photo, which really adds to the vibe.
As I threatened in the interest check, first thing I do here is inflict forbidden and absolutely cursed knowledge upon you.
Sauerkraut Casserole

First off, it is not vegetarian, but can be modified to be so. It's also a really simple recipe.

Now for a story: I was in my early-to mid twenties, living with my mum and we've cooked together since forever. Then she dropped this bombshell on me. Sauerkraut casserole. Not just that it exists, but also that it is a family recipe she used to have often in the past. Why am I only learning of this at ~23? I don't know. To make matters worse, she swore is really good. I was not convinced, but decided to go along with it.
Since then, I've learned that this is indeed actually a thing. Not just among my family. It's not exactly common, but it's not as rare as it probably should be.

As with everything I'll post here, none of the following measurements are set in stone and can be varied.

1kg potatoes
500ml sauerkraut
200g turkey meat sausage
a small-ish amount of butter/margerine
salt
pepper
other spices of your choice

Cook the potatoes in saltwater, then peel them. Mash them into a smooth paste.
Drain the sauerkraut (very important, it's not great if it's too wet). When it's dry enough, spread it in the bottom of a casserole dish. Add pepper and/or other spices to your liking.
Slice or dice the sausage, spread it atop the sauerkraut.
Then finally add the mashed potatoes evenly on top. Wash the container you kept the mashed potatoes in immediately, because that hellish stuff sticks like concrete once it's dry. Back to your casserole. Add little bits of butter/margerine on top. Those give it a nice crust.
Put it in the oven for about 180°C until it looks good. I don't know, I'm not good with times. I go by feeling. Cooking is an art, not a science.
Once the top has a nice golden colour, it's done. Enjoy.

And enjoy it you will, probably. Because that's the real cursed knowledge: This stuff is actually good. Not an 'I'd eat it every day'-good, but an occasional 'Yeah, I could go for that mess again'-good.

I'll add a photo when I make it next time and didn't forget. There's no way to make this look good on a photo, which really adds to the vibe.
The only recipe Risk knows how to make (/j), aka Biscuits
*NOTES*
1. This is vegetarian, but could be made vegan with some alternate items.
2. If you make this, please let me know how it went. I’d enjoy some feedback.
3. The biscuits are quite soft even after hardening, but rest assured, they are cooked.
4. The ingredients listed are used at ~1000 ft Elevation. You may need to add extra flour.

Per 1 batch you will need:

2 cups flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
3/4 cups milk or other milk substitutes
1/2 cups shortening or butter
1/4 cups honey or 3 tablespoons sugar.
1/2 teaspoon salt, if preferred

1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Start by combining the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Stir until combined.
3. Add shortening and stir.
4. Combine milk and honey, mix in.
5. Scoop with spoon onto baking tray, ungreased.
6. Put in oven, bake for 10 minutes or until the tips are browned.
7. Take out of oven, let harden for 3-10 minutes.
A short story about the biscuits

One day I got incredibly bored at my house and wanted biscuits. I was trying to find a recipe online that would give me biscuits I could just drop with a spoon and had all the things for, because I didn’t want to do that many dishes or get the counters too dirty.

I found a 5 ingredient recipe online, of which tasted a bit too bland when I made it, so I added some honey. We personally don’t use salt as much when cooking or baking. Finishing off the biscuits, I brought my dad a few. He really liked them.

Another cool thing is that I got to bake these for one of my school’s community meals, where we serve our entire unit at school (4 classrooms) a meal.
The only recipe Risk knows how to make (/j), aka Biscuits
*NOTES*
1. This is vegetarian, but could be made vegan with some alternate items.
2. If you make this, please let me know how it went. I’d enjoy some feedback.
3. The biscuits are quite soft even after hardening, but rest assured, they are cooked.
4. The ingredients listed are used at ~1000 ft Elevation. You may need to add extra flour.

Per 1 batch you will need:

2 cups flour
1 tablespoon Baking Powder
3/4 cups milk or other milk substitutes
1/2 cups shortening or butter
1/4 cups honey or 3 tablespoons sugar.
1/2 teaspoon salt, if preferred

1. Preheat oven to 400 F
2. Start by combining the flour and baking powder in a bowl. Stir until combined.
3. Add shortening and stir.
4. Combine milk and honey, mix in.
5. Scoop with spoon onto baking tray, ungreased.
6. Put in oven, bake for 10 minutes or until the tips are browned.
7. Take out of oven, let harden for 3-10 minutes.
A short story about the biscuits

One day I got incredibly bored at my house and wanted biscuits. I was trying to find a recipe online that would give me biscuits I could just drop with a spoon and had all the things for, because I didn’t want to do that many dishes or get the counters too dirty.

I found a 5 ingredient recipe online, of which tasted a bit too bland when I made it, so I added some honey. We personally don’t use salt as much when cooking or baking. Finishing off the biscuits, I brought my dad a few. He really liked them.

Another cool thing is that I got to bake these for one of my school’s community meals, where we serve our entire unit at school (4 classrooms) a meal.
2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gifRisk - It/They - Please Ping2afaf5c7a881f3ab7789c19cb50b27258701a37b.gif

Hi welcome to chillis
Wonderful start! I'm excited for the future of this thread. Friends, here are the best pumpkin cinnamon rolls I have ever had. It's a very involved recipe but I promise that the results are [i]stellar[/i]. [center][quote][b][size=5]Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls[/size][/b] Adapted from [url=https://sallysbakingaddiction.com/pumpkin-cinnamon-rolls/]Sally’s Baking Addiction[/url] [b]Ingredients[/b] Pumpkin Dough: 1/3 cup sour cream (full fat preferred; whole milk, yogurt, and heavy cream will also work) 2 tablespoons unsalted butter 1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling) 1/4 cup granulated sugar 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon 1 teaspoon cardamom 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional) 1/2 teaspoon salt 1 large egg 2 & 1/4 teaspoons instant or active dry yeast (1 standard packet) 2 & 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed for hands and work surface Filling: 6 tablespoons unsalted butter 1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon 1 tablespoon ground cardamom 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg 1/2 teaspoon ground allspice 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger 1/4 teaspoon ground cloves OR: 1 & 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in place of nutmeg, allspice, ginger, & cloves Maple Cream Cheese Icing: 4 ounces (1/2 block) cream cheese 1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract 3 tablespoons pure maple syrup 1 tablespoons whole milk or sour cream 2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional) 1/8 teaspoon salt [b]Instructions[/b] 1) Take out butter and cream cheese. Let soften to room temperature. 2) Whisk the pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg (if using), & salt together in a large bowl or in the bowl of your stand mixer. 3) Warm the sour cream and butter together over the stove or in the microwave, until the butter is just melted. You want the mixture lukewarm (105°F - 115°F), not scorching hot. Set aside. 4) Whisk the sour cream/butter mixture, yeast, & egg into the pumpkin puree mixture. 5) Mix in 1 cup of flour until just combined. Add 1 & 2/3 cups more flour and beat for 1 more minute or until just combined. 6) Knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for 3 minutes OR: keep the dough in the mixer and beat on low speed for an additional 3 minutes. 7) [b]1ST RISE:[/b] Lightly grease a large bowl with oil or use nonstick spray. Place the dough in the bowl, turning it to coat all sides in the oil. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or a clean kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rise in a relatively warm environment for 2 hours or until doubled in size. If your kitchen is cold, place the bowl on a stove burner and heat to your stovetop’s absolute lowest setting. Keep a close eye on the dough. 8) Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square or round baking dish, 9×13 inch baking dish, or 11×7 inch baking dish. This recipe yields 8 large rolls or 10-12 smaller rolls and they can fit into any of those size pans. 9) In a small bowl, mix the vanilla extract into the softened butter. 10) In a separate container, mix the brown sugar & spices. 11) Roll out the dough: punch down the dough to release the air. Place dough on a lightly floured work surface and using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 10×14 inch rectangle. Make sure the dough is smooth and evenly thick. If the dough keeps shrinking as you roll it out, stop what you’re doing, cover it lightly and let it rest for 10 minutes to relax the gluten. 12) Spread the softened butter mixture evenly on top of the rolled-out dough. Sprinkle the brown sugar & spice mixture on top of the butter. 13) Roll it up tightly. Using a greased & floured knife, cut into 8-12 even rolls. Arrange the rolls in the prepared pan. 14) [b]2ND RISE:[/b] Cover the rolls tightly and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour. OVERNIGHT OPTION: Prepare the rolls until the 2nd rise. Instead of allowing the cut rolls to rise normally, place the pan in the refrigerator and allow them to rest for up to 14 hours before baking. When it’s time to bake the next day, bring the rolls to room temperature and rise for 1 hour on the counter, or until almost doubled in size. Then bake as directed. 15) In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350°F. 16) Make the frosting: beat the softened cream cheese in a medium bowl on medium speed until smooth. Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, & milk and beat on high until smooth. Add the confectioners’ sugar & salt (and cinnamon, if using) and beat on medium speed until creamy. OPTIONAL: place bowl in freezer until the frosting thickens to the desired consistency. ONLY USE A METAL BOWL FOR THIS. 17) Bake rolls for about 20-22 minutes or until they are lightly browned on top. After about 15 minutes, tent a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the pan to prevent the tops from browning too quickly and baking unevenly. 18) Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes. 19) Spread the cream cheese frosting on top of the warm rolls. Serve & enjoy.[/quote][/center]
Wonderful start! I'm excited for the future of this thread. Friends, here are the best pumpkin cinnamon rolls I have ever had. It's a very involved recipe but I promise that the results are stellar.
Quote:
Pumpkin Cinnamon Rolls

Adapted from Sally’s Baking Addiction

Ingredients

Pumpkin Dough:

1/3 cup sour cream (full fat preferred; whole milk, yogurt, and heavy cream will also work)
2 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie filling)
1/4 cup granulated sugar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1 teaspoon cardamom
1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg (optional)
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 large egg
2 & 1/4 teaspoons instant or active dry yeast (1 standard packet)
2 & 2/3 cups all-purpose flour, plus more as needed for hands and work surface

Filling:

6 tablespoons unsalted butter
1/2 cup packed light or dark brown sugar
1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
1 tablespoon ground cardamom
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/2 teaspoon ground allspice
1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
OR: 1 & 1/2 teaspoons pumpkin pie spice in place of nutmeg, allspice, ginger, & cloves

Maple Cream Cheese Icing:

4 ounces (1/2 block) cream cheese
1/8 teaspoon vanilla extract
3 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 tablespoons whole milk or sour cream
2/3 cup confectioners’ sugar, sifted
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon (optional)
1/8 teaspoon salt

Instructions

1) Take out butter and cream cheese. Let soften to room temperature.

2) Whisk the pumpkin puree, sugar, cinnamon, nutmeg (if using), & salt together in a large bowl or in the bowl of your stand mixer.

3) Warm the sour cream and butter together over the stove or in the microwave, until the butter is just melted. You want the mixture lukewarm (105°F - 115°F), not scorching hot. Set aside.

4) Whisk the sour cream/butter mixture, yeast, & egg into the pumpkin puree mixture.

5) Mix in 1 cup of flour until just combined. Add 1 & 2/3 cups more flour and beat for 1 more minute or until just combined.

6) Knead by hand on a lightly floured surface for 3 minutes OR: keep the dough in the mixer and beat on low speed for an additional 3 minutes.

7) 1ST RISE: Lightly grease a large bowl with oil or use nonstick spray. Place the dough in the bowl, turning it to coat all sides in the oil. Cover the bowl with aluminum foil, plastic wrap, or a clean kitchen towel. Allow the dough to rise in a relatively warm environment for 2 hours or until doubled in size. If your kitchen is cold, place the bowl on a stove burner and heat to your stovetop’s absolute lowest setting. Keep a close eye on the dough.

8) Grease the bottom and sides of a 9-inch square or round baking dish, 9×13 inch baking dish, or 11×7 inch baking dish. This recipe yields 8 large rolls or 10-12 smaller rolls and they can fit into any of those size pans.

9) In a small bowl, mix the vanilla extract into the softened butter.

10) In a separate container, mix the brown sugar & spices.

11) Roll out the dough: punch down the dough to release the air. Place dough on a lightly floured work surface and using a lightly floured rolling pin, roll dough into a 10×14 inch rectangle. Make sure the dough is smooth and evenly thick. If the dough keeps shrinking as you roll it out, stop what you’re doing, cover it lightly and let it rest for 10 minutes to relax the gluten.

12) Spread the softened butter mixture evenly on top of the rolled-out dough. Sprinkle the brown sugar & spice mixture on top of the butter.

13) Roll it up tightly. Using a greased & floured knife, cut into 8-12 even rolls. Arrange the rolls in the prepared pan.

14) 2ND RISE: Cover the rolls tightly and allow to rise until doubled in size, about 1 hour.

OVERNIGHT OPTION: Prepare the rolls until the 2nd rise. Instead of allowing the cut rolls to rise normally, place the pan in the refrigerator and allow them to rest for up to 14 hours before baking. When it’s time to bake the next day, bring the rolls to room temperature and rise for 1 hour on the counter, or until almost doubled in size. Then bake as directed.

15) In the meantime, preheat the oven to 350°F.

16) Make the frosting: beat the softened cream cheese in a medium bowl on medium speed until smooth. Add the maple syrup, vanilla extract, & milk and beat on high until smooth. Add the confectioners’ sugar & salt (and cinnamon, if using) and beat on medium speed until creamy.

OPTIONAL: place bowl in freezer until the frosting thickens to the desired consistency. ONLY USE A METAL BOWL FOR THIS.

17) Bake rolls for about 20-22 minutes or until they are lightly browned on top. After about 15 minutes, tent a piece of aluminum foil over the top of the pan to prevent the tops from browning too quickly and baking unevenly.

18) Remove the pan from the oven and let cool for 10 minutes.

19) Spread the cream cheese frosting on top of the warm rolls. Serve & enjoy.
zqDx8gm.png
Ohh, I love this idea so much! With that being said, let me introduce y'all to....

Spirit's (Literally) Award Winning Brownies

Notes;

- Vegetarian friendly obviously, and can be made vegan with appropriate substitutes
- Extremely customizable with add-ins and whatever else you wanna do to it

Ingredients;

- Any boxed brownie mix that fits a 13x9 pan
- 2 eggs and an egg yolk
- Brewed coffee at room temperature
- Cooking oil
- Whatever you wanna throw in it like chocolate chips

Directions;

1. Make the boxed brownie mix, but instead of whatever the directions on the back tell you to do add the eggs and yolk, replace the water with coffee, and even out the water/coffee to oil ratio rounding down. So if it calls for 1/4 cup water and 1/3 cup oil make it with 1/4 cup coffee and 1/4 cup oil.

2. If you're adding stuff in toss it in some flour first and add them on top after the batter has been poured into the pan. This will keep them from sinking entirely to the bottom.

3. Bake according to directions on the box, but use the lower time and increase by 5 minute intervals if they aren't done. How do you know they're done? The center won't jiggle and if you stick a toothpick or fork into the middle it comes back mostly clean.

4. Wanna take it up a notch? Blend 8oz room temp cream cheese with 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and spread it on top like a frosting. Want extra flavor? Blend some fruit into a puree and add it to the cream cheese frosting before spreading it over top.

The combo that won me a few Best Dessert awards at potlucks is just basic Betty Crocker chocolate brownies, some caramel flavored coffee, addition of peanut butter chips and chopped walnuts, and raspberry puree mixed in with the frosting. But honestly you can throw just about anything into this and it always comes out absolutely amazing and takes a lot less effort than trying to figure out dry ingredients from scratch XD

I've legit had people tell me there's no way it's a box mix, they never believe it until I tell them how and they do it themselves so I always love sharing. I've been a home cook since the early 2000's and just love cooking. These days I mostly specialize in making 'easy' recipes meant for disabled people and those who don't have a lot of space or equipment, showing that you can cook the vast majority of foods with little effort and that pre-packaged ingredients aren't evil/lazy/whatever ^^
Ohh, I love this idea so much! With that being said, let me introduce y'all to....

Spirit's (Literally) Award Winning Brownies

Notes;

- Vegetarian friendly obviously, and can be made vegan with appropriate substitutes
- Extremely customizable with add-ins and whatever else you wanna do to it

Ingredients;

- Any boxed brownie mix that fits a 13x9 pan
- 2 eggs and an egg yolk
- Brewed coffee at room temperature
- Cooking oil
- Whatever you wanna throw in it like chocolate chips

Directions;

1. Make the boxed brownie mix, but instead of whatever the directions on the back tell you to do add the eggs and yolk, replace the water with coffee, and even out the water/coffee to oil ratio rounding down. So if it calls for 1/4 cup water and 1/3 cup oil make it with 1/4 cup coffee and 1/4 cup oil.

2. If you're adding stuff in toss it in some flour first and add them on top after the batter has been poured into the pan. This will keep them from sinking entirely to the bottom.

3. Bake according to directions on the box, but use the lower time and increase by 5 minute intervals if they aren't done. How do you know they're done? The center won't jiggle and if you stick a toothpick or fork into the middle it comes back mostly clean.

4. Wanna take it up a notch? Blend 8oz room temp cream cheese with 1 cup powdered sugar and 1 teaspoon vanilla extract and spread it on top like a frosting. Want extra flavor? Blend some fruit into a puree and add it to the cream cheese frosting before spreading it over top.

The combo that won me a few Best Dessert awards at potlucks is just basic Betty Crocker chocolate brownies, some caramel flavored coffee, addition of peanut butter chips and chopped walnuts, and raspberry puree mixed in with the frosting. But honestly you can throw just about anything into this and it always comes out absolutely amazing and takes a lot less effort than trying to figure out dry ingredients from scratch XD

I've legit had people tell me there's no way it's a box mix, they never believe it until I tell them how and they do it themselves so I always love sharing. I've been a home cook since the early 2000's and just love cooking. These days I mostly specialize in making 'easy' recipes meant for disabled people and those who don't have a lot of space or equipment, showing that you can cook the vast majority of foods with little effort and that pre-packaged ingredients aren't evil/lazy/whatever ^^
TW8ViqF.pngrix3ppo.png
Pings Welcome! Especially if you're quoting me XD
[center][b]Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies[/b][/center] Not vegan, can absolutely be modified. And another disclaimer: Trust me, this works. Cooking is an art, not a science. The opposite is said to be true about baking. But I find these cookies are very tolerant of my usual semi-improvising. In fact, the basic recipe I give here is already a heavily modified one that doesn't have much in common with the old one anymore. Still works, and it's more to my taste. The original recipe wanted, for example, 200g sugar. That's way too much for me and 40g + some chocolate drink mix adds up to a good amount. None of the measurements need to be exact. And with that I mean even past the usual definition of 'not exact'. 170g butter/margerine 40g sugar (I use cane sugar) 1 medium or two small eggs some vanilla extract 120g flour (I use spelt) 100g rolled oats baking powder (I don't know, half a teaspoon?) 300g chocolate chips (I prefer dark chocolate; can be shredded chocolate bars) dark baking cocoa chocolate drink mix Mix the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract together. Then mix the flour, oats and baking powder in. For the chocolate chips, as I said, shredded bars can work nicely. The cheap ones are good enough and definitely cheaper than buying proper choclate chips. Here's what mine look like: [img]https://i.imgur.com/lb24jQ8.jpg[/img] Add them to the mix. Finally, mix in the cocoa and drink mix. I can absolutely not give you any measurements here. Follow your heart, stomach and/or other organ of choice. If the batter's structure feels wrong, add milk or more flour/oats, ddepending in what direction it feels wrong. Behold, art! [img]https://i.imgur.com/PL2OEBu.jpg[/img] Now form your cookies and bake them. At 180°C, large ones may take up to 10 minutes, while smaller ones like I made here take about 8. [img]https://i.imgur.com/wy6YtPN.jpg[/img] The cookies come out kinda soft and wet. That's normal. Once they've cooled and dried a bit, they'll have a more normal texture.
Chocolate Chip Oat Cookies

Not vegan, can absolutely be modified. And another disclaimer: Trust me, this works.

Cooking is an art, not a science. The opposite is said to be true about baking. But I find these cookies are very tolerant of my usual semi-improvising. In fact, the basic recipe I give here is already a heavily modified one that doesn't have much in common with the old one anymore. Still works, and it's more to my taste. The original recipe wanted, for example, 200g sugar. That's way too much for me and 40g + some chocolate drink mix adds up to a good amount.

None of the measurements need to be exact. And with that I mean even past the usual definition of 'not exact'.

170g butter/margerine
40g sugar (I use cane sugar)
1 medium or two small eggs
some vanilla extract
120g flour (I use spelt)
100g rolled oats
baking powder (I don't know, half a teaspoon?)
300g chocolate chips (I prefer dark chocolate; can be shredded chocolate bars)
dark baking cocoa
chocolate drink mix

Mix the butter, sugar, egg and vanilla extract together. Then mix the flour, oats and baking powder in.

For the chocolate chips, as I said, shredded bars can work nicely. The cheap ones are good enough and definitely cheaper than buying proper choclate chips.
Here's what mine look like:
lb24jQ8.jpg
Add them to the mix.

Finally, mix in the cocoa and drink mix. I can absolutely not give you any measurements here. Follow your heart, stomach and/or other organ of choice.

If the batter's structure feels wrong, add milk or more flour/oats, ddepending in what direction it feels wrong.

Behold, art!
PL2OEBu.jpg

Now form your cookies and bake them. At 180°C, large ones may take up to 10 minutes, while smaller ones like I made here take about 8.
wy6YtPN.jpg
The cookies come out kinda soft and wet. That's normal. Once they've cooled and dried a bit, they'll have a more normal texture.