Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Unable to Overwrite Battle Stones
Bought a battle stone for a considerable chunk of funds, but can't replace any of my old, worse stones with it. :(
Bought a battle stone for a considerable chunk of funds, but can't replace any of my old, worse stones with it. :(
When you die, you will rot.
@jackedrabbit

Can you describe the exact process you're going through when trying to equip this new battle stone, including who you are attempting to put it on and what it is? I'm assuming it's an Eliminate, but I'd like to confirm.
@jackedrabbit

Can you describe the exact process you're going through when trying to equip this new battle stone, including who you are attempting to put it on and what it is? I'm assuming it's an Eliminate, but I'd like to confirm.
EDPdzPA.pngoCyuG6K.pngM4gRmAb.png
Mz977my.png
[quote name="SeaCrest" date="2023-09-28 10:58:57" ] @jackedrabbit Can you describe the exact process you're going through when trying to equip this new battle stone, including who you are attempting to put it on and what it is? I'm assuming it's an Eliminate, but I'd like to confirm. [/quote] Apologies, I'm new and may be misinterpreting. Is an Eliminate a specific type of stone? If so then it's definitely user error, my apologies. I checked for tutorials but only found instructions to drag-and-drop the new battle stone directly. I'm trying to place a new battle stone (Light Bolt) atop an old Fae Dragon default (Meditate). Using the little gear icon to unlock the stones first doesn't yield any results. My light bolt appears greyed out in my inventory.
SeaCrest wrote on 2023-09-28 10:58:57:
@jackedrabbit

Apologies, I'm new and may be misinterpreting. Is an Eliminate a specific type of stone? If so then it's definitely user error, my apologies. I checked for tutorials but only found instructions to drag-and-drop the new battle stone directly.

I'm trying to place a new battle stone (Light Bolt) atop an old Fae Dragon default (Meditate). Using the little gear icon to unlock the stones first doesn't yield any results. My light bolt appears greyed out in my inventory.
@jackedrabbit

Eliminate is a powerful battlestone that is highly prized for coliseum dragons used for grinding and fodder leveling. You mentioned that the stone you purchased was quite expensive, and Eliminate is the most expensive battlestone currently on the market!

You should not be pressing the gear icon—that enters edit mode, which allows you to shuffle the battlestones. You can tell you are in edit mode if the stones are outlined in purple. To overwrite an existing stone, select the dragon in the Abilities & Stats menu and drag and drop the desired battlestone into the slot you want to put it in. While dragging you should see a yellow outline around slots that can take that stone. Once you drop the stone in the desired slot, press the Lock Stones button in the bottom right corner of the Battle Stones menu.

Bright Bolt can be applied at Level 5 or higher, and must be applied to a Light dragon. You can see the Required Level for a stone in the bottom right corner of the tooltip. Neither of your faes is currently Level 5, which is why you cannot equip the stone. Chime needs one more level before he can be equipped with Bright Bolt. Bright Bolt also is not an Energy Stone, and cannot be used to replace Meditate. It would go in one of the four slots in the second row!

For the record, quoting someone does not notify them! You need to ping them by putting an @ in front of their username, like what I did when I replied to you!
@jackedrabbit

Eliminate is a powerful battlestone that is highly prized for coliseum dragons used for grinding and fodder leveling. You mentioned that the stone you purchased was quite expensive, and Eliminate is the most expensive battlestone currently on the market!

You should not be pressing the gear icon—that enters edit mode, which allows you to shuffle the battlestones. You can tell you are in edit mode if the stones are outlined in purple. To overwrite an existing stone, select the dragon in the Abilities & Stats menu and drag and drop the desired battlestone into the slot you want to put it in. While dragging you should see a yellow outline around slots that can take that stone. Once you drop the stone in the desired slot, press the Lock Stones button in the bottom right corner of the Battle Stones menu.

Bright Bolt can be applied at Level 5 or higher, and must be applied to a Light dragon. You can see the Required Level for a stone in the bottom right corner of the tooltip. Neither of your faes is currently Level 5, which is why you cannot equip the stone. Chime needs one more level before he can be equipped with Bright Bolt. Bright Bolt also is not an Energy Stone, and cannot be used to replace Meditate. It would go in one of the four slots in the second row!

For the record, quoting someone does not notify them! You need to ping them by putting an @ in front of their username, like what I did when I replied to you!
Mz977my.png
@seacrest

Thank you so much for the comprehensive explanation and for your patience with me! I'm still wrapping my head around the economy-- I probably shouldn't have judged expense relative to my current wealth (or lack thereof, hahah).

I'll be levelling Chime some more. Thank you!
@seacrest

Thank you so much for the comprehensive explanation and for your patience with me! I'm still wrapping my head around the economy-- I probably shouldn't have judged expense relative to my current wealth (or lack thereof, hahah).

I'll be levelling Chime some more. Thank you!
@jackedrabbit

My pleasure! Good luck! :D
@jackedrabbit

My pleasure! Good luck! :D
Mz977my.png