Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | an ancient from the starfall isles?
so i made this a while ago, and shared it on my discords, and i've been hesitant to share it on here bc i've been afraid of having it stolen, so i'm really hoping no one will try that, but i've decided to give it a go anyways! [url=https://ibb.co/jL4pS8r][img]https://i.ibb.co/YtjrxNL/seahopper.png[/img][/url] [i]Seahoppers would come from the Starfall Isles; the name "seahopper" comes from how the appear to "hop," jump, or skip across the surface of the sea as they feed on fish. They have a large mouth-pouch-thing like a pelican in their lower jaw. They swoop down on shoals of fish, snap up a bunch of fish, then rise back up and flush the water out of their mouths before swallowing. They're best adapted to long distance flight between the islands of the Isles, so much that their forelimbs became a second pair of wings. When in other places without large bodies of water, they snatch up larger prey in their talons, and drop them from high above. They always swallow things whole, so to eat they sharpen their beaks and use them (and their talons) to tear off strips. Because of the sharpening they hardly have any teeth, as they mostly fall out before adulthood, and their beaks take on strange shapes. Seahoppers are not bipedal, they must use their smaller set of wings as supplementary arms to be able to walk and they cannot run, though they can sit upright. To take flight, they rely on perching on high places, or alternatively, launch off the ground using their tails.[/i] edit: oh geeze, how do i add an image???? edit2: nvm i figured it out!!!!
so i made this a while ago, and shared it on my discords, and i've been hesitant to share it on here bc i've been afraid of having it stolen, so i'm really hoping no one will try that, but i've decided to give it a go anyways!

seahopper.png

Seahoppers would come from the Starfall Isles; the name "seahopper" comes from how the appear to "hop," jump, or skip across the surface of the sea as they feed on fish. They have a large mouth-pouch-thing like a pelican in their lower jaw. They swoop down on shoals of fish, snap up a bunch of fish, then rise back up and flush the water out of their mouths before swallowing. They're best adapted to long distance flight between the islands of the Isles, so much that their forelimbs became a second pair of wings. When in other places without large bodies of water, they snatch up larger prey in their talons, and drop them from high above. They always swallow things whole, so to eat they sharpen their beaks and use them (and their talons) to tear off strips. Because of the sharpening they hardly have any teeth, as they mostly fall out before adulthood, and their beaks take on strange shapes. Seahoppers are not bipedal, they must use their smaller set of wings as supplementary arms to be able to walk and they cannot run, though they can sit upright. To take flight, they rely on perching on high places, or alternatively, launch off the ground using their tails.

edit: oh geeze, how do i add an image????
edit2: nvm i figured it out!!!!
Catch me out here, hoarding familiars in the Scarred Wasteland.
1evwt.gifWM9Xu.gifbND4Q.gif
2CxIoTv.png
eYxVktw.png
slCEFYq.png
HkZAJYc.png
ct2DDh7.png
LRdLP2V.png
bYt72YT.png
B8HmiZX.png
dKI3GhP.png
@Grimgar wow they sound so cool! (also the image did not show up I don't think :"))
@Grimgar wow they sound so cool! (also the image did not show up I don't think :"))
50027313-70-F2-43-D9-82-A8-1-ADC374-D795-D.pngLittle-art-shop-icon.png81-C46502-A45-B-4-A84-BD72-4-A4-A8-F6-E73-B3.pngLittle-wishlist-icon.pngaccent-shop.png
@Cherryfleck strange, its showing up for me... if ur on mobile that might be the problem, ao3 has the same issues
@Cherryfleck strange, its showing up for me... if ur on mobile that might be the problem, ao3 has the same issues
2CxIoTv.png
eYxVktw.png
slCEFYq.png
HkZAJYc.png
ct2DDh7.png
LRdLP2V.png
bYt72YT.png
B8HmiZX.png
dKI3GhP.png
@Grimgar

You could use imgBB.com to help mobile players see the image! :) I cannot see the image with my iPad either.
@Grimgar

You could use imgBB.com to help mobile players see the image! :) I cannot see the image with my iPad either.
E1440-DEA-2026-430-B-894-D-33-CBDB77-F505.gif • She/Her FR +3
Wishlist
Cartacombs • Art Shop
TfeviN2.png
H2jRHgT.png
cEq7B1S.png
@CheshireGata i'll see if this works, thank you!
@CheshireGata i'll see if this works, thank you!
2CxIoTv.png
eYxVktw.png
slCEFYq.png
HkZAJYc.png
ct2DDh7.png
LRdLP2V.png
bYt72YT.png
B8HmiZX.png
dKI3GhP.png
woah! i love the art!
woah! i love the art!
bRPrhwa.giftumblr_na90ypEFLf1sif4cro5_500.gif
[quote name="Auraelia" date="2020-10-22 19:47:00" ] woah! i love the art! [/quote] asdfghjk thankyou!
Auraelia wrote on 2020-10-22 19:47:00:
woah! i love the art!
asdfghjk thankyou!
2CxIoTv.png
eYxVktw.png
slCEFYq.png
HkZAJYc.png
ct2DDh7.png
LRdLP2V.png
bYt72YT.png
B8HmiZX.png
dKI3GhP.png
@Cherryfleck , @CheshireGata , does the image show up?
@Cherryfleck , @CheshireGata , does the image show up?
2CxIoTv.png
eYxVktw.png
slCEFYq.png
HkZAJYc.png
ct2DDh7.png
LRdLP2V.png
bYt72YT.png
B8HmiZX.png
dKI3GhP.png
@Grimgar Yes!! I can see it now :)
@Grimgar Yes!! I can see it now :)
50027313-70-F2-43-D9-82-A8-1-ADC374-D795-D.pngLittle-art-shop-icon.png81-C46502-A45-B-4-A84-BD72-4-A4-A8-F6-E73-B3.pngLittle-wishlist-icon.pngaccent-shop.png
bump!

still really proud of this despite the time that's passed!
bump!

still really proud of this despite the time that's passed!
2CxIoTv.png
eYxVktw.png
slCEFYq.png
HkZAJYc.png
ct2DDh7.png
LRdLP2V.png
bYt72YT.png
B8HmiZX.png
dKI3GhP.png