Back

Bug Report Forums

Report bugs and errors to the Flight Rising development team.
TOPIC | Ads causing pages to redirect?
I turned my adblocker off for flight rising, and since then, every once in a while while loading a page, once the ad loads I get redirected to a page that tries to install malware onto my machine. Obviously, I know better than to download whatever it points me at, but it's still concerning that your ad banner is doing this because I know that there may be some users who don't know not to trust the redirects.

I use the latest version of Chrome, and I did re-enable the adblocker in able to prevent these malicious scripts from affecting my gameplay. I can't say for certain which ads are doing it, though, since it sends me to a new page as soon as the ad loads and when I go back it loads a new one.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum! I wasn't quite sure where to put this.
I turned my adblocker off for flight rising, and since then, every once in a while while loading a page, once the ad loads I get redirected to a page that tries to install malware onto my machine. Obviously, I know better than to download whatever it points me at, but it's still concerning that your ad banner is doing this because I know that there may be some users who don't know not to trust the redirects.

I use the latest version of Chrome, and I did re-enable the adblocker in able to prevent these malicious scripts from affecting my gameplay. I can't say for certain which ads are doing it, though, since it sends me to a new page as soon as the ad loads and when I go back it loads a new one.

Sorry if this is the wrong forum! I wasn't quite sure where to put this.
idk, i'm back for pretty durgs
I just got that, and I wish I could say which ad it is, but I can't: nothing visible loaded in an adbox for me before the redirect occurred.
I just got that, and I wish I could say which ad it is, but I can't: nothing visible loaded in an adbox for me before the redirect occurred.
Same happened to me just now - I've never seen this happen before today.
Same happened to me just now - I've never seen this happen before today.
I've been redirected by a few things as well on my browser (currently Firefox, formerly Adblock Chrome), and I'm really considering switching back to it. :/ This happened yesterday for me as well.
I've been redirected by a few things as well on my browser (currently Firefox, formerly Adblock Chrome), and I'm really considering switching back to it. :/ This happened yesterday for me as well.
WkCEhwX.png
EiPW4qT.png
gTTW2gA.png
WKtl2lb.png
flight rising really do be like that sometimes
pls ping me i'm totally cool with talking
message me ur sapphic dragons
@rynai @minrathous @lemons @Commie

the best thing I could suggest currently is try to possibly nail what ad is possibly causing this if it is an ad and report it to mods using the contact us page. Also just to be safe run some virus and malware scans just in case. I personally have not had this happen as i also use ad block and chrome so ad redirection when adblock is active is odd.

the best thing I could suggest currently is try to possibly nail what ad is possibly causing this if it is an ad and report it to mods using the contact us page. Also just to be safe run some virus and malware scans just in case. I personally have not had this happen as i also use ad block and chrome so ad redirection when adblock is active is odd.
EOrlrwo.giftumblr_inline_nbaduf8oZw1qg78ij.png

Misbehaving Ads should be reported to this thread: Advertising Report Thread ! Also, it doesn't hurt to run a malware scan either, as was suggested in the post before! ♥

@dravedragonheart

Just to clarify, Contact Us directs you to Customer Service and the Administrators' attention. Mods are just volunteers who try to be helpful on the forums. :)

Misbehaving Ads should be reported to this thread: Advertising Report Thread ! Also, it doesn't hurt to run a malware scan either, as was suggested in the post before! ♥

@dravedragonheart

Just to clarify, Contact Us directs you to Customer Service and the Administrators' attention. Mods are just volunteers who try to be helpful on the forums. :)
Tundra with the words 'Love is the Brightest Light'
Volunteer Moderator :If you have any questions, concerns, or feedback regarding moderation, please feel free to use the Contact Us form.
@JCStitches

ahhh wasn't sure if malicious ads needed to be sent there or not my mistake
@JCStitches

ahhh wasn't sure if malicious ads needed to be sent there or not my mistake
EOrlrwo.giftumblr_inline_nbaduf8oZw1qg78ij.png