Back

Roleplay

Tell stories and roleplay in the world of Flight Rising.
TOPIC | Interest Check Cyborg Arena
1 2
So I basically have an idea for a kind of televised but illegal arena where cyborgs compete, set in a futuristic, dystopian, cyberpunk kind of world. This would be a group rp of any size, with 2 characters each to start with, though that may change depending on the group size or demand.

The cyborgs would be humans that are being augmented so they can fight each other in an arena and how they got there could vary from volunteering to literally being kidnapped. Mechanics work alongside the cyborgs to improve them. There'd be veteran fighters but the focus would mainly be on the newbies being bought in, at least at first.

Evil lady runs the whole thing and there would be several employees that work to keep it afloat. Some may be reasoned with while other's actively antagonise the characters. There would be npc characters that can either be controlled by anyone or controlled by the 'gamemaker' (me) to help move along the story. Characters may have goals to 'win', though there is no clear end, or get out, which is the end goal but may not be the end of the rp itself, depending on whether the arena is taken down in the progress.

This would kinda work as a DnD kind of rp, where the owner creates obstacles for characters to conquer and helps direct the characters along the story. This would include the use of npcs and more developed characters such as 'Evil lady' who would be the main antagonist. This would also help to keep the rp active though if you're unactive for a long time I will reach out and see about figuring something out, whether that be temporary control or removing the character(s) organically, which could include death (only if agreed upon) or something that benches the character temporarily (illness, injury, coma, holiday - if Evil lady likes your character). If the entire groups activity level is low, I'll notify everyone and ask how invested they are and if there's anything that can be changed to help boost their interest.

The story itself would depend on the character's actions. I will do my best to keep up a cycle of sorts to keep time moving and so we're not stuck on the same day.

You can request fights but on the character sheet there would be ways to show how willing you are to have your character killed and how willing they are to kill. This would help set up matches without an unwelcome outcome. There would be npc fighters too, so if your character is a killing machine and no one wants their character to be killed, they can fight npcs. This also would allow for more well-done action sequences, as an npc fight can just be written by one player, allowing the fight to flow in just a few posts. Other characters would have a chance to react to the fight and interact with each other too. Relationships and romance are allowed too, as that can raise stakes and make it more interesting.

Whether you're character(s) get out or dies, as long as the arena is still running, you should be able to enter a new character at any time.

TLDR: Corrupt cyborg arena where the main goal is to escape. You fight npcs and each other or could be a mechanic working on the cyborgs.

There's more to it but my thoughts are quite unorganised right now. If there are any questions, let me know, and if you're interested, please say so.
So I basically have an idea for a kind of televised but illegal arena where cyborgs compete, set in a futuristic, dystopian, cyberpunk kind of world. This would be a group rp of any size, with 2 characters each to start with, though that may change depending on the group size or demand.

The cyborgs would be humans that are being augmented so they can fight each other in an arena and how they got there could vary from volunteering to literally being kidnapped. Mechanics work alongside the cyborgs to improve them. There'd be veteran fighters but the focus would mainly be on the newbies being bought in, at least at first.

Evil lady runs the whole thing and there would be several employees that work to keep it afloat. Some may be reasoned with while other's actively antagonise the characters. There would be npc characters that can either be controlled by anyone or controlled by the 'gamemaker' (me) to help move along the story. Characters may have goals to 'win', though there is no clear end, or get out, which is the end goal but may not be the end of the rp itself, depending on whether the arena is taken down in the progress.

This would kinda work as a DnD kind of rp, where the owner creates obstacles for characters to conquer and helps direct the characters along the story. This would include the use of npcs and more developed characters such as 'Evil lady' who would be the main antagonist. This would also help to keep the rp active though if you're unactive for a long time I will reach out and see about figuring something out, whether that be temporary control or removing the character(s) organically, which could include death (only if agreed upon) or something that benches the character temporarily (illness, injury, coma, holiday - if Evil lady likes your character). If the entire groups activity level is low, I'll notify everyone and ask how invested they are and if there's anything that can be changed to help boost their interest.

The story itself would depend on the character's actions. I will do my best to keep up a cycle of sorts to keep time moving and so we're not stuck on the same day.

You can request fights but on the character sheet there would be ways to show how willing you are to have your character killed and how willing they are to kill. This would help set up matches without an unwelcome outcome. There would be npc fighters too, so if your character is a killing machine and no one wants their character to be killed, they can fight npcs. This also would allow for more well-done action sequences, as an npc fight can just be written by one player, allowing the fight to flow in just a few posts. Other characters would have a chance to react to the fight and interact with each other too. Relationships and romance are allowed too, as that can raise stakes and make it more interesting.

Whether you're character(s) get out or dies, as long as the arena is still running, you should be able to enter a new character at any time.

TLDR: Corrupt cyborg arena where the main goal is to escape. You fight npcs and each other or could be a mechanic working on the cyborgs.

There's more to it but my thoughts are quite unorganised right now. If there are any questions, let me know, and if you're interested, please say so.
............................ ..

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o1_75sq.png
Art | Wishlist | Avatar | Auction (30+)
...Blue | Any pronouns | FR time +8

tumblr_osqzmkPZb71v8lm95o2_75sq.png
Nyooooom kachow
Nyooooom kachow
......... kZ9N8Vv.gif ........................................................................................
J5o6DRZ.gif
@Natalic, let me guess.... Rebel?
@Natalic, let me guess.... Rebel?

;)
;)
......... kZ9N8Vv.gif ........................................................................................
J5o6DRZ.gif
@Natalic, I may set up an open OOC for us so I can get things sorted out and we can chat there instead of privately. That way, if anyone does join, they'll be able to see what we've talked about. I'll have to do it next week though, when I'm not so busy.
@Natalic, I may set up an open OOC for us so I can get things sorted out and we can chat there instead of privately. That way, if anyone does join, they'll be able to see what we've talked about. I'll have to do it next week though, when I'm not so busy.

WOAAAAAAA I LOVE THIS IDEAL LET ME IIIN

Me and the homies live for biopunk and illegal operations!
WOAAAAAAA I LOVE THIS IDEAL LET ME IIIN

Me and the homies live for biopunk and illegal operations!
WAz2qkfx_o.gif
rG07EJKU_o.gifSSTyPktG_o.gifnDeaQokc_o.pngbcyASt99_o.pngorDOQcG6_o.pngH8kIZZBr_o.png
@Fishtastic, I'm happy you're interested! I'll be sure to ping you when I get the ooc up!
@Fishtastic, I'm happy you're interested! I'll be sure to ping you when I get the ooc up!

Omg sounds so cool! Sign me up!!
Omg sounds so cool! Sign me up!!
fdb1d8423debf8f30fe4150867be8385473f7c23.png
I'll watch because I love biopunk (hope this doesnt come across as creepy I genuinely stuff like this and really wanna join). I will be happy to help write lore and worldbuild for the cost of free and a lot of questions!
I'll watch because I love biopunk (hope this doesnt come across as creepy I genuinely stuff like this and really wanna join). I will be happy to help write lore and worldbuild for the cost of free and a lot of questions!

Lore clan × pm friendly × remember to drink water
i would be very interested! i even have an idea for the dragon
i would be very interested! i even have an idea for the dragon
aesq82D.giff54b7fcb7a59201d421ffead40d394df8005beab.png41722454605_fc7ec4942e_o.png
1 2