Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Show a username receipt
1 2 3 4 5 6
[quote name="Sp00kyimp" date="2023-06-12 11:06:06" ] There's some people who only sell dragons to have them have more dragon babies and to have them immediately exalted is kinda heart breaking. Would just be nice to see WHO exalts mostly so you can block them, sucks that people would resort to harassing, I personally just want to keep my dragons from being removed form the gene pool by force [/quote] okay then don't sell your dragons? like this is entirely a personal problem just because you don't like that they might breed them then exalt them after. once they leave your lair its free game and blocking people over that is really ridiculous.
Sp00kyimp wrote on 2023-06-12 11:06:06:
There's some people who only sell dragons to have them have more dragon babies and to have them immediately exalted is kinda heart breaking. Would just be nice to see WHO exalts mostly so you can block them, sucks that people would resort to harassing, I personally just want to keep my dragons from being removed form the gene pool by force
okay then don't sell your dragons? like this is entirely a personal problem just because you don't like that they might breed them then exalt them after. once they leave your lair its free game and blocking people over that is really ridiculous.
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
[quote name="Sp00kyimp" date="2023-06-12 05:37:10" ] First time making a forum post, btw. But basically, regardless of if someone exalts a dragon or not, the selling auction receipt should come with the username of who bought your dragon last [/quote] Why? It would only be good for people who harass other over exalting "There's some people who only sell dragons to have them have more dragon babies and to have them immediately exalted is kinda heart breaking. " The last thing we need is more babies bred from random dragons. We don't need quantity, we need quality.
Sp00kyimp wrote on 2023-06-12 05:37:10:
First time making a forum post, btw. But basically, regardless of if someone exalts a dragon or not, the selling auction receipt should come with the username of who bought your dragon last
Why?

It would only be good for people who harass other over exalting

"There's some people who only sell dragons to have them have more dragon babies and to have them immediately exalted is kinda heart breaking. "

The last thing we need is more babies bred from random dragons. We don't need quantity, we need quality.
Honestly While I understand that the whole "Dominance" game is important to some clans, it leads to poor returns when you immediately exalt a dragon you bought. Its unlikely your reward will equal or surpass the money you spent plus it effectively wastes a dragon.

I suppose that's why there are private auctions since honestly, I'd block people for immediately exalting my dragons without an ounce of care. So yeah, I give my support.

Also keeping track of where your dragons go would stop people from unintentionally inbreeding their dragons.
Honestly While I understand that the whole "Dominance" game is important to some clans, it leads to poor returns when you immediately exalt a dragon you bought. Its unlikely your reward will equal or surpass the money you spent plus it effectively wastes a dragon.

I suppose that's why there are private auctions since honestly, I'd block people for immediately exalting my dragons without an ounce of care. So yeah, I give my support.

Also keeping track of where your dragons go would stop people from unintentionally inbreeding their dragons.
[quote name="TartiMaar" date="2023-06-12 13:12:36" ] Honestly While I understand that the whole "Dominance" game is important to some clans, it leads to poor returns when you immediately exalt a dragon you bought. Its unlikely your reward will equal or surpass the money you spent plus it effectively wastes a dragon. I suppose that's why there are private auctions since honestly, I'd block people for immediately exalting my dragons without an ounce of care. So yeah, I give my support. Also keeping track of where your dragons go would stop people from unintentionally inbreeding their dragons. [/quote] [LIST] [*]exalting isnt wasting a dragon it's a built in feature of the game [*]people can PA a dragon then immediately exalt it if they want to because again - once it leaves your lair you have 0 say over what they do with it [*]you can keep track to not inbreed your dragons by using the assay bloodlines option [/LIST]
TartiMaar wrote on 2023-06-12 13:12:36:

• exalting isnt wasting a dragon it's a built in feature of the game
  • people can PA a dragon then immediately exalt it if they want to because again - once it leaves your lair you have 0 say over what they do with it
  • you can keep track to not inbreed your dragons by using the assay bloodlines option
41328.png -
cillian || adult || he/they
Candy Coated Dragons
adopts: obelisk | aether
I'm reading that exalting is a very integral part of the game. Why are you guy concerned about being blocked by people how DON'T want their offspring exalted if it's so important to the game, then "over exalting" wouldn't really be the issue then would it? If everyone is on the same page then you shouldn't have to worry about being blocked then? Genuine question.

Also, side note, I'm only talking about when a dragon who hasn't been able to have a child yet has been exalted, because they wont ever get the chance TO breed because they're.... Exalted.
I'm reading that exalting is a very integral part of the game. Why are you guy concerned about being blocked by people how DON'T want their offspring exalted if it's so important to the game, then "over exalting" wouldn't really be the issue then would it? If everyone is on the same page then you shouldn't have to worry about being blocked then? Genuine question.

Also, side note, I'm only talking about when a dragon who hasn't been able to have a child yet has been exalted, because they wont ever get the chance TO breed because they're.... Exalted.
No support.

If there was a way to block a person without knowing who they are, I would still say no support because how would you go unblocking that person?

And well, the best way to avoid having the dragons you sell be exalted immediately is to sell them way above fodder prices. So at least above 20kt / 20 gems. Sure it can still happen if a dragon was bought only for a breeding project to get a dream dragon, but no one is going to buy a dragon for 30kt and exalt them for 12kt or less.

And if they do it out of spite, that is against the TOS and can be counted as harassment if it includes naming a dragon-like "ExaltIsOk".
No support.

If there was a way to block a person without knowing who they are, I would still say no support because how would you go unblocking that person?

And well, the best way to avoid having the dragons you sell be exalted immediately is to sell them way above fodder prices. So at least above 20kt / 20 gems. Sure it can still happen if a dragon was bought only for a breeding project to get a dream dragon, but no one is going to buy a dragon for 30kt and exalt them for 12kt or less.

And if they do it out of spite, that is against the TOS and can be counted as harassment if it includes naming a dragon-like "ExaltIsOk".
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.png4SzSxLW.pngHouhGS9.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.png
[quote name="Sp00kyimp" date="2023-06-12 11:06:06" ] There's some people who only sell dragons to have them have more dragon babies and to have them immediately exalted is kinda heart breaking. Would just be nice to see WHHO exalts mostly so you can block them, sucks that people would resort to harassing, I personally just want to keep my dragons from being removed form the gene pool by force [/quote] I'm sorry to say that it's the vast majority of the players, so knowing the names of a few specific buyers won't help you at all. You can try to sell via forums, but that's not a foolproof thing either. Honestly, the best option here is simply accept the fact that most dragons end up exalted, that's, like, a major site feature and totally normal. Dragons are infinite, lair space is not (and it's really expensive), if most of them aren't removed from the game, soon you won't be able to hatch new ones at all. Exalting is good :)
Sp00kyimp wrote on 2023-06-12 11:06:06:
There's some people who only sell dragons to have them have more dragon babies and to have them immediately exalted is kinda heart breaking. Would just be nice to see WHHO exalts mostly so you can block them, sucks that people would resort to harassing, I personally just want to keep my dragons from being removed form the gene pool by force
I'm sorry to say that it's the vast majority of the players, so knowing the names of a few specific buyers won't help you at all.
You can try to sell via forums, but that's not a foolproof thing either.

Honestly, the best option here is simply accept the fact that most dragons end up exalted, that's, like, a major site feature and totally normal. Dragons are infinite, lair space is not (and it's really expensive), if most of them aren't removed from the game, soon you won't be able to hatch new ones at all. Exalting is good :)
@TartiMaar
Luckily the game keeps track of how your dragons are related, so you physically cannot breed dragons who are less that 5 generations removed from each other. And as long as your dragon is unexalted, clicking the names in it's lineage will take you to where it currently lives and who is related to it!

On the main topic, I agree that I like that auction buyers are anonymous. I think it's a feature there for a reason, to make sure that nobody can be harassed for purchasing an item that by all site rules is within their right to purchase and do with what they want. (I think that a lot personally when i buy something and regret sell it back or buy a bunch of things from one person, that I'm glad they don't know what I'm doing, it's weirdly embarrassing lmao)

For other solutions to your problem with dragon sales,
If you want your dragons to specifically be bred and have children, consider starting a lineage thread! There are places in dragon sales/dragon trading where people interested in swapping dragons for breeding a lineage purposes can swap dragons to further the amount of children/generations they have.

Otherwise, if you want to sell through the AH, you'll need to pay attention to how dragons are priced to make sure your dragon's aren't in the "exalt zone", which is roughly 6-8kt for hatchlings, and in my experience anything below 10kt for adults (unless it's a particularly heated dom battle in which case it can get as high as 20kt).
@TartiMaar
Luckily the game keeps track of how your dragons are related, so you physically cannot breed dragons who are less that 5 generations removed from each other. And as long as your dragon is unexalted, clicking the names in it's lineage will take you to where it currently lives and who is related to it!

On the main topic, I agree that I like that auction buyers are anonymous. I think it's a feature there for a reason, to make sure that nobody can be harassed for purchasing an item that by all site rules is within their right to purchase and do with what they want. (I think that a lot personally when i buy something and regret sell it back or buy a bunch of things from one person, that I'm glad they don't know what I'm doing, it's weirdly embarrassing lmao)

For other solutions to your problem with dragon sales,
If you want your dragons to specifically be bred and have children, consider starting a lineage thread! There are places in dragon sales/dragon trading where people interested in swapping dragons for breeding a lineage purposes can swap dragons to further the amount of children/generations they have.

Otherwise, if you want to sell through the AH, you'll need to pay attention to how dragons are priced to make sure your dragon's aren't in the "exalt zone", which is roughly 6-8kt for hatchlings, and in my experience anything below 10kt for adults (unless it's a particularly heated dom battle in which case it can get as high as 20kt).
Flowering Vulpine Plushie Xan ~ he/him/she/her
+3 hrs FR time
[quote name="Sp00kyimp" date="2023-06-12 13:25:09" ] I'm reading that exalting is a very integral part of the game. Why are you guy concerned about being blocked by people how DON'T want their offspring exalted if it's so important to the game, then "over exalting" wouldn't really be the issue then would it? If everyone is on the same page then you shouldn't have to worry about being blocked then? Genuine question. Also, side note, I'm only talking about when a dragon who hasn't been able to have a child yet has been exalted, because they wont ever get the chance TO breed because they're.... Exalted. [/quote] It's not a bad thing that dragons don't have more offspring. The dragon market is already way too over-saturated. We don't by any means need more dragons. It's basically impossible to block everyone who would exalt your dragons as that's the majority of users on the site.
Sp00kyimp wrote on 2023-06-12 13:25:09:

It's not a bad thing that dragons don't have more offspring. The dragon market is already way too over-saturated. We don't by any means need more dragons. It's basically impossible to block everyone who would exalt your dragons as that's the majority of users on the site.
eheu... ova!
no pronouns, refer to me as Dormie or Dormiebasne. Don't use they/them please.
[quote name="hungryhobbits" date="2023-06-12 13:20:17" ] [quote name="TartiMaar" date="2023-06-12 13:12:36" ] Honestly While I understand that the whole "Dominance" game is important to some clans, it leads to poor returns when you immediately exalt a dragon you bought. Its unlikely your reward will equal or surpass the money you spent plus it effectively wastes a dragon. I suppose that's why there are private auctions since honestly, I'd block people for immediately exalting my dragons without an ounce of care. So yeah, I give my support. Also keeping track of where your dragons go would stop people from unintentionally inbreeding their dragons. [/quote] [LIST] [*]exalting isnt wasting a dragon it's a built in feature of the game [*]people can PA a dragon then immediately exalt it if they want to because again - once it leaves your lair you have 0 say over what they do with it [*]you can keep track to not inbreed your dragons by using the assay bloodlines option [/LIST] [/quote] 1) Wastes a dragon someone put genuine effort into in terms of breeding and continuing a bloodline as it removes them from the gene pool. Even if it wasn't due to a lack of breeding, immediately selling a dragon without at least raising their coliseum level means you get a lesser overall return. 2) PA'd dragons aren't a part of this conversation as both lair owners get to agree with what will happen to the dragon and block the other party if the agreement isn't held to, barring them from future trades which is the entire point of blocking them. 3) Not even necessarily an issue as if the person doesn't immediately exalt the dragon, you know where the dragon went. You can continue to follow the dragon's bloodline through. I understand that you are worried about how [i]you[/i] want to play Flight Rising, but this is more about people who care about breeding and fighting more than throwing a dragon in the trash for paltry coin and [i]maybe[/i] a chance at beating the beastclans
hungryhobbits wrote on 2023-06-12 13:20:17:
TartiMaar wrote on 2023-06-12 13:12:36:

• exalting isnt wasting a dragon it's a built in feature of the game
  • people can PA a dragon then immediately exalt it if they want to because again - once it leaves your lair you have 0 say over what they do with it
  • you can keep track to not inbreed your dragons by using the assay bloodlines option

1) Wastes a dragon someone put genuine effort into in terms of breeding and continuing a bloodline as it removes them from the gene pool. Even if it wasn't due to a lack of breeding, immediately selling a dragon without at least raising their coliseum level means you get a lesser overall return.

2) PA'd dragons aren't a part of this conversation as both lair owners get to agree with what will happen to the dragon and block the other party if the agreement isn't held to, barring them from future trades which is the entire point of blocking them.

3) Not even necessarily an issue as if the person doesn't immediately exalt the dragon, you know where the dragon went. You can continue to follow the dragon's bloodline through.

I understand that you are worried about how you want to play Flight Rising, but this is more about people who care about breeding and fighting more than throwing a dragon in the trash for paltry coin and maybe a chance at beating the beastclans
1 2 3 4 5 6