Back

Dragon Share

Show off your favorite dragons.
TOPIC | Newb looking for advice
Heyo all. So, I have this boy. [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/dragon/84011079][img]https://www1.flightrising.com/rendern/350/840111/84011079_350.png[/img][/url] I like him, but I want to turn him into this: [morphology=3469532] I know this is by far not a very complicated project, the genes aren't expensive (i expect). But... I have to breed to get the colours I want, and I have very little knowledge of the breeding system... I breed fod an not much else... I understand the gist, its basically a numbers game of smashing two dragons with genes you like together until you get what you want. I suppose I'm asking for some general tips on how to get started...? I looked around in the Auc for a mate with the right colours, at least, but I found nothing. How should I approach this project?
Heyo all. So, I have this boy.
84011079_350.png
I like him, but I want to turn him into this:
Wispher

I know this is by far not a very complicated project, the genes aren't expensive (i expect). But... I have to breed to get the colours I want, and I have very little knowledge of the breeding system... I breed fod an not much else...
I understand the gist, its basically a numbers game of smashing two dragons with genes you like together until you get what you want.

I suppose I'm asking for some general tips on how to get started...? I looked around in the Auc for a mate with the right colours, at least, but I found nothing. How should I approach this project?
8d7o509.png
Is it important to you that the dragon in the morphology be related to your boy? When it comes to breeding projects, it's usually best to make pairs with colors as close to the goal as possible. Given the gap between your original guy's colors and your target, it'd be a long shot even if you find a mate with the exact colors you want. [img]https://i.imgur.com/pIQpgUi.png[/img] If it's not important to you that your new dragon be related to your old one, I'd recommend searching for a pair (or more) of dragons with close colors! Here's a [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/auction-house/buy/realm/dragons?d_body=13&d_wings=119&d_tert=127&d_body_range=11-14&d_wings_range=127-150&d_tert_range=176-119&collapse=1]link to an Auction House search for dragons[/url] with colors close to your goal.
Is it important to you that the dragon in the morphology be related to your boy?

When it comes to breeding projects, it's usually best to make pairs with colors as close to the goal as possible. Given the gap between your original guy's colors and your target, it'd be a long shot even if you find a mate with the exact colors you want.

pIQpgUi.png

If it's not important to you that your new dragon be related to your old one, I'd recommend searching for a pair (or more) of dragons with close colors!

Here's a link to an Auction House search for dragons with colors close to your goal.
FSjGDWP.png
Current Avatar • Feel free to ping me!
First of all, I admire the dedication to your dragon... but do not start with him. I'd check out Ganondorf's Breeding Guide in order to get the basics down of what starting a project is going to look like.

A brief summary of the thread: start off by finding dragons with a color range that can throw what you want. Keep the genes at or above the rarity of what you want the final to be, unless you're chill with buying the genes yourself.

Also, be prepared to be very, very patient. RNG will throw a lot at you. Persevere. I believe in you.
First of all, I admire the dedication to your dragon... but do not start with him. I'd check out Ganondorf's Breeding Guide in order to get the basics down of what starting a project is going to look like.

A brief summary of the thread: start off by finding dragons with a color range that can throw what you want. Keep the genes at or above the rarity of what you want the final to be, unless you're chill with buying the genes yourself.

Also, be prepared to be very, very patient. RNG will throw a lot at you. Persevere. I believe in you.