Back

Suggestions

Make Flight Rising better by sharing your ideas!
TOPIC | Fairgrounds iPad compatibility
Jigsaw puzzles are my favorite game on FR, especially the hard mode. It's a great way to warm up your brain, earn treasure, and most importantly, really appreciate all the fine details of the beautiful artwork on the site.

Now, my desktop computer I usually play FR on is upstairs, and sometimes I'd like to play downstairs in my bedroom on my iPad instead. And Jigsaw seems like the perfect game to play on the touch screen, drag the pieces around with your fingers, right?

WRONG! It just straight up doesn't work. None of the pieces are interactable at all - it gave me an error message about typing, when I clearly wasn't trying to type anything. The Jigsaw does work on my Android, but I keep accidentally hitting the back button and losing all my progress, so that's no fun. (Plus the pieces are too small on hard mode anyway.)

-Artifracture and Mistral Mahjong work fine - a little clunky, but operable.
-Same with Coli, it's functional.
-Tidal Trouble doesn't work either, though. It sends the bubble where I had clicked the previous turn, not where I'm trying to go now. Couldn't get through a single round, but at least unlike Jigsaw, the screen actually reacted to me pressing it.
-Not sure about the other games since I don't really play them. But Jigsaw is the big one - it seems like such a perfect opportunity to be able to do the puzzle on the iPad screen but it's completely unusable!

I know it'd be a lot of work, but I'd love for FR to implement an update to these games so that they actually work on screen tablets! Who's with me?
Jigsaw puzzles are my favorite game on FR, especially the hard mode. It's a great way to warm up your brain, earn treasure, and most importantly, really appreciate all the fine details of the beautiful artwork on the site.

Now, my desktop computer I usually play FR on is upstairs, and sometimes I'd like to play downstairs in my bedroom on my iPad instead. And Jigsaw seems like the perfect game to play on the touch screen, drag the pieces around with your fingers, right?

WRONG! It just straight up doesn't work. None of the pieces are interactable at all - it gave me an error message about typing, when I clearly wasn't trying to type anything. The Jigsaw does work on my Android, but I keep accidentally hitting the back button and losing all my progress, so that's no fun. (Plus the pieces are too small on hard mode anyway.)

-Artifracture and Mistral Mahjong work fine - a little clunky, but operable.
-Same with Coli, it's functional.
-Tidal Trouble doesn't work either, though. It sends the bubble where I had clicked the previous turn, not where I'm trying to go now. Couldn't get through a single round, but at least unlike Jigsaw, the screen actually reacted to me pressing it.
-Not sure about the other games since I don't really play them. But Jigsaw is the big one - it seems like such a perfect opportunity to be able to do the puzzle on the iPad screen but it's completely unusable!

I know it'd be a lot of work, but I'd love for FR to implement an update to these games so that they actually work on screen tablets! Who's with me?
support!! i was so sad when i realized i couldn't jigsaw on my ipad :(
support!! i was so sad when i realized i couldn't jigsaw on my ipad :(
qKZAaLK.pngngXpEKo.pngjn8ILZm.pngPuVYkR5.pnggARc3IL.pngZMMXkdg.png9Np9Ta9.pngYATsXPK.pngadbcGuX.pngXNJelYo.pngZMMXkdg.png9Np9Ta9.pngFExRmVK.pngWFhlmNb.pnggARc3IL.pngngXpEKo.png9Np9Ta9.pngZMMXkdg.pngwTBPG5s.png
JkaQI9H.png
In general, a lot of the older Fairgrounds games are in desperate need of TLC and quality-of-life changes. Not just compatibility with touch greens, but changes that make the games worthwhile to play:

Jigsaw:
- Ability to choose a puzzle
- Larger area to spread puzzle pieces
- Shuffle puzzle pieces around

Tidal Trouble:
- Bigger maps
- Something, in general, to spice up the pretty slow and boring play.

etc.

I do think that improving them isn't the highest priority rn, but I would love to have staff address the wishes of users to improve these games and say that and inform whether it's going to happen after more important things are finished, like the full refactor, dark mode and so on.
In general, a lot of the older Fairgrounds games are in desperate need of TLC and quality-of-life changes. Not just compatibility with touch greens, but changes that make the games worthwhile to play:

Jigsaw:
- Ability to choose a puzzle
- Larger area to spread puzzle pieces
- Shuffle puzzle pieces around

Tidal Trouble:
- Bigger maps
- Something, in general, to spice up the pretty slow and boring play.

etc.

I do think that improving them isn't the highest priority rn, but I would love to have staff address the wishes of users to improve these games and say that and inform whether it's going to happen after more important things are finished, like the full refactor, dark mode and so on.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.png4SzSxLW.pngHouhGS9.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.png
@Kahvinporo Great points! I totally understand that Fairgrounds isn’t an urgent priority comparatively, but I do think it’s important to consider for the long-term health of the site.

I love your suggestions for Jigsaw and Tidal Trouble! Full support here!
I’ll add a few more for Artifracture:
- Sound effects and music having separate toggles
- Record of high scores
- Bomb chaining (instead of one just eating the other)
@Kahvinporo Great points! I totally understand that Fairgrounds isn’t an urgent priority comparatively, but I do think it’s important to consider for the long-term health of the site.

I love your suggestions for Jigsaw and Tidal Trouble! Full support here!
I’ll add a few more for Artifracture:
- Sound effects and music having separate toggles
- Record of high scores
- Bomb chaining (instead of one just eating the other)
@mintandvanilla

I absolutely agree that for long-term the fairgrounds games are good for the health of the site. People like playing games online, and it's a bonus to earn treasure. I don't need everything to have as high and fast pay as GG - but most of the games are a bit clunky by today's standards. Jigsaw pay would be worth to me on hard mode for example if there were some qol changes.
@mintandvanilla

I absolutely agree that for long-term the fairgrounds games are good for the health of the site. People like playing games online, and it's a bonus to earn treasure. I don't need everything to have as high and fast pay as GG - but most of the games are a bit clunky by today's standards. Jigsaw pay would be worth to me on hard mode for example if there were some qol changes.
c1xnUU3.png
JrZGMGx.png4SzSxLW.pngHouhGS9.pngwCOCqt3.pngbYt72YT.pngFObX7rS.png
Totally. I feel like it could be kind of a turn-off to new users who aren’t used to the site - and I know several existing users who just don’t bother with the Fairgrounds at all (Or Coli) because of how clunky the games are.

I saw somewhere that FR is only interested in hiring artists atm, no programmers or game devs or anything, and I think that’s kind of a shame that there’s not really any love being shown to updating such a major part of the site. Fairgrounds is supposed to be a major way to earn treasure! If it were up to me, FR would get a whole mobile app, or at least a mobile interface, and mobile-friendly games… but I understand if they don’t necessarily want to head in that direction.

At least give me the bare minimum and let me Jigsaw on my big touch screen ;_;
Totally. I feel like it could be kind of a turn-off to new users who aren’t used to the site - and I know several existing users who just don’t bother with the Fairgrounds at all (Or Coli) because of how clunky the games are.

I saw somewhere that FR is only interested in hiring artists atm, no programmers or game devs or anything, and I think that’s kind of a shame that there’s not really any love being shown to updating such a major part of the site. Fairgrounds is supposed to be a major way to earn treasure! If it were up to me, FR would get a whole mobile app, or at least a mobile interface, and mobile-friendly games… but I understand if they don’t necessarily want to head in that direction.

At least give me the bare minimum and let me Jigsaw on my big touch screen ;_;