Back

Help Center

Ask questions and help others in this forum.
TOPIC | dragons starving
hi, im new here and i don't understand how certain things work. i do my gathering almost everyday if i can but im running out of food. right now i cant feed my two baby dragons. is there a way i can use my gold coin to buy more food somewhere or something? please help!
hi, im new here and i don't understand how certain things work. i do my gathering almost everyday if i can but im running out of food. right now i cant feed my two baby dragons. is there a way i can use my gold coin to buy more food somewhere or something? please help!
@technology Welcome to Flight Rising! I'll send you a starting gift. In order for your dragons to eat, you must [b]convert your food items into food points;[/b] food points are the numbers and icons [emoji=insect][emoji=meat][emoji=seafood][emoji=plant] at the top of the page when viewing your lair. When feeding your dragons, food points are subtracted from these counters, and can only be replenished by converting food items - think of it like preparing a meal. Select the specific food stacks you want to use by clicking the checkbox below its icon, then click the large [b]"Convert to food points"[/b] button at the bottom right of the page once you've selected the items you want to convert. If you're wondering why this is necessary, actual food items can be gifted, sold, or used for other mechanics, while food points cannot. You can also select [b]"Highlight items" in your [url=https://www1.flightrising.com/hoard/settings][u]Hoard Settings[/u][/url][/b] to mark items with specific uses around the site, which may be more valuable to sell than using them as food! (Bonus tip: visit your [url=https://flightrising.com/main.php?p=settings][u]Account Settings[/u][/url] and change your "Feed Style" to "Selective." This allows you to either feed all dragons at once like normal, OR feed all of them by 1 food type at a time. This is very useful for spending plentiful food types while saving your limited ones!)
@technology

Welcome to Flight Rising! I'll send you a starting gift.

In order for your dragons to eat, you must convert your food items into food points; food points are the numbers and icons at the top of the page when viewing your lair. When feeding your dragons, food points are subtracted from these counters, and can only be replenished by converting food items - think of it like preparing a meal.

Select the specific food stacks you want to use by clicking the checkbox below its icon, then click the large "Convert to food points" button at the bottom right of the page once you've selected the items you want to convert.

If you're wondering why this is necessary, actual food items can be gifted, sold, or used for other mechanics, while food points cannot. You can also select "Highlight items" in your Hoard Settings to mark items with specific uses around the site, which may be more valuable to sell than using them as food!

(Bonus tip: visit your Account Settings and change your "Feed Style" to "Selective." This allows you to either feed all dragons at once like normal, OR feed all of them by 1 food type at a time. This is very useful for spending plentiful food types while saving your limited ones!)
XNtD94z.png

-
Robin Nightmares
they/them/theirs | FR Time +0

+[Wasteland Radio Hatchery]+
-
-
feleV0g.png PmVLgRx.png
-
i sent you a bit of food to help :D you can buy extra food in the auction house, or you can find food in the coliseum. one thing to keep in mind is that different breeds eat different types of food, so to feed your tundra babies, you want to get plants. the encyclopedia can tell you what food is eaten by each breed.
i sent you a bit of food to help :D you can buy extra food in the auction house, or you can find food in the coliseum. one thing to keep in mind is that different breeds eat different types of food, so to feed your tundra babies, you want to get plants. the encyclopedia can tell you what food is eaten by each breed.
thank you both so much. i appreciate it a lot n this was all so helpful!! :')
thank you both so much. i appreciate it a lot n this was all so helpful!! :')
@technology

If gathering isn't enough to feed your dragons then it's time to start playing in the coli. Yes there are lots of other benefits but getting a group up to about 6th or 7th is not too hard and then farm the lowest levels.

I grew my lair way too fast so I have to do a lot of Coli. I love giveaways and exalt rescue and there is no way - for me - that gathering can keep up.
@technology

If gathering isn't enough to feed your dragons then it's time to start playing in the coli. Yes there are lots of other benefits but getting a group up to about 6th or 7th is not too hard and then farm the lowest levels.

I grew my lair way too fast so I have to do a lot of Coli. I love giveaways and exalt rescue and there is no way - for me - that gathering can keep up.
w8o0xW1.pngjYu7GSS.png XdKddgH.png DC: SQ9MAS6.png FR+0
@Newtinmpls oh thats interesting! thank you for letting me know. yeah even with the 5 dragons i had i was struggling LOL so ty for ur response!
@Newtinmpls oh thats interesting! thank you for letting me know. yeah even with the 5 dragons i had i was struggling LOL so ty for ur response!