Back

Creative Corner

Share your own art and stories, or ask for critique.
TOPIC | The Nakarkos Art Corner
1 2
@nakarkos , this is a lovely showcase of how your art has improved a lot in just a few years . the first drawings , my initial thought was mostly that you were very good at replicating FR's genes accurately ( which is a noteworthy skill on its own of course , especially in drawings that required you to adjust them to different perspective ) .

but your later drawings show a lot more personality and personal style to them , as well as a good eye for making appealing palettes . i feel like the fae drawing from 2020 also showcases a bridge in better understanding of form , and using line weight to emphasize that . that drawing , and the ones after it , look so much cleaner and deliberate , in comparison to , say , the portraits from 2019 that look rather flat ( despite being shaded ) due to the sort of samely line quality .

very much a fan of your designs in general , for both the dragons and gijinkas . as mentioned before , you have a lovely eye for appealing colour palettes , and your work shows a lot more personality these days . i'm excited to see how you'll continue to improve , after such considerable leaps in just a few short years . i hope you keep at it !
@nakarkos , this is a lovely showcase of how your art has improved a lot in just a few years . the first drawings , my initial thought was mostly that you were very good at replicating FR's genes accurately ( which is a noteworthy skill on its own of course , especially in drawings that required you to adjust them to different perspective ) .

but your later drawings show a lot more personality and personal style to them , as well as a good eye for making appealing palettes . i feel like the fae drawing from 2020 also showcases a bridge in better understanding of form , and using line weight to emphasize that . that drawing , and the ones after it , look so much cleaner and deliberate , in comparison to , say , the portraits from 2019 that look rather flat ( despite being shaded ) due to the sort of samely line quality .

very much a fan of your designs in general , for both the dragons and gijinkas . as mentioned before , you have a lovely eye for appealing colour palettes , and your work shows a lot more personality these days . i'm excited to see how you'll continue to improve , after such considerable leaps in just a few short years . i hope you keep at it !
kxKb5baD_o.gif
mL4kJAC9_o.gif
MHs7fEzA_o.gif
@Fruitgummysnake aaaa thank you! I take a lot of joy in making creatures and characters look so soft

@Omiii Can't say I've ever seen my art described as ambient! Thank you so much
Also, gijinkas are one of my favorite things to draw <3 Anytime there's a cool creature design I love to make them into a humanoid design. It helps pack a lot of personality into them. (oh also you mentioned you made some gijinka designs and I'd love to see them if you don't mind sharing)

@Mem I keep reading this over because it's so well put together! Your comment is a fantastic breakdown of my art journey and it's so wonderful seeing it put into words. I really can't thank you enough for the kind words and encouragement!
@Fruitgummysnake aaaa thank you! I take a lot of joy in making creatures and characters look so soft

@Omiii Can't say I've ever seen my art described as ambient! Thank you so much
Also, gijinkas are one of my favorite things to draw <3 Anytime there's a cool creature design I love to make them into a humanoid design. It helps pack a lot of personality into them. (oh also you mentioned you made some gijinka designs and I'd love to see them if you don't mind sharing)

@Mem I keep reading this over because it's so well put together! Your comment is a fantastic breakdown of my art journey and it's so wonderful seeing it put into words. I really can't thank you enough for the kind words and encouragement!
tumblr_pb3ykvEbdh1u4uvc6o1_500.png
You're very welcome!! I totally vibe with that! Yes! Since then I've attempted it again with a different app. I'd love to share over Discord (: Omi#3867
You're very welcome!! I totally vibe with that! Yes! Since then I've attempted it again with a different app. I'd love to share over Discord (: Omi#3867
Celeana.gif
• Omi
• Fr + 9
• She/They
• Neurodivergent
• Wishlist
• Profile Dragon

Wkn6UA2.png
Please ping me again if I haven't responded!
I sometimes forget that it's okay to share things, even if they are unpolished! Not every piece of art needs to be fully colored and shaded. It can just be a fun doodle. That being said, it IS very self-indulgent and just caters to me specifically. My thought was... what if I take my oc and blorbo from my games, and make them into dragons. And I did! (: The Coatl is Annette, my pokemon oc. She's a silly, optimistic woman who's not the most intuitive but she makes up for it by being a kind, compassionate person. Making her a soft, round sneak just makes the most sense for her. The other dragon is the blorbo. He is indeed a pokemon character, and if anyone can guess who he is I am going to kiss you on the mouth. /j [img]https://i.imgur.com/1UwizvA.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/T6PkuqU.png[/img] [img]https://i.imgur.com/3vrBBlD.png[/img]
I sometimes forget that it's okay to share things, even if they are unpolished! Not every piece of art needs to be fully colored and shaded. It can just be a fun doodle.

That being said, it IS very self-indulgent and just caters to me specifically. My thought was... what if I take my oc and blorbo from my games, and make them into dragons. And I did! (:

The Coatl is Annette, my pokemon oc. She's a silly, optimistic woman who's not the most intuitive but she makes up for it by being a kind, compassionate person. Making her a soft, round sneak just makes the most sense for her. The other dragon is the blorbo. He is indeed a pokemon character, and if anyone can guess who he is I am going to kiss you on the mouth. /j

1UwizvA.png

T6PkuqU.png

3vrBBlD.png

tumblr_pb3ykvEbdh1u4uvc6o1_500.png
1 2